Mayweather vs Pacquiao ?

bjornmma1

I agree CK that Mayweather is effective offensively even when coming forward. It's not a lack of ability but more so that he chooses to avoid taking damage so counters.

I do also think his brittle hands plays a role in it. His whole family had brittle hands & it's well documented that he has a therapist before & after most fights so that he can even fight despite the problem. I think having a much higher punch output would make it worse which is why he always does just enough to win & doesn't go for the kill even when he does hurt guys. He also uses gloves that offer more padding & protection to his hands

I agree CK that Mayweather is effective offensively even when coming forward. It's not a lack of ability but more so that he chooses to avoid taking damage so counters.

I do also think his brittle hands plays a role in it. His whole family had brittle hands & it's well documented that he has a therapist before & after most fights so that he can even fight despite the problem. I think having a much higher punch output would make it worse which is why he always does just enough to win & doesn't go for the kill even when he does hurt guys. He also uses gloves that offer more padding & protection to his hands

When Mayweather would give Pacquiao a round, he'd be offensive as soon as the round started and tagged him effortlessly. I've never seen anything, that I can recall - I haven't watched all of his fights, or even most of them, but I have seen at least 10 of his fights, and nothing indicates that he's sloppy offensively or ineffective - everything I've seen reflects the opposite of that. That's why his style is so damn frustrating to watch sometimes, because he's a very capable attacker when he chooses to be.

On top of his hands issue, I think he's prolly been lit up a lot in practice, or just enough to know that he doesn't want to eat some shots to get some shots in.

Its funny, Manny Pacquiao's FANS are suing him for not disclosing his injury before the fight. Its odd that he wouldnt mention it until he lost.

Its equally funny that for 5 years we couldnt get May vs Pacman and now suddenly we can get two of them booked after Pacman loses 50-75million in taxes...

I was looking at Mayweather's career fights and going back, there were plenty of fights early on, like against Gatti where he was very aggressive and his offense and punches are ALWAYS crisp and right on the button. He hits you and doesnt get hit, i think thats the goal in a fight.

What exactly do you want dinooo? A defensive boxer like Floyd is not good, but a beast like Tyson isn't on your all time great list? Lol.

his power and speed is pretty much unmatched in the history of the sport . His speed for a HW was sick!

There are two different lists, greatest of all time, and most complete boxer of all time.

Tyson had some of the best boxing fundamentals i have ever watched. He done all the simple stuff exceptionally well. I think RJJ is the most athletically gifted boxer ever, i wouldn't say Tyson was too far behind him, Tyson was clearly one of the top 3 if not top 2 most athletically gifted boxers of all time.

Whenever i look at all time greats there are a ton of different variables but the top one is longevity, Tyson was a tornado, he came in and for 5-6 years looked like the toughest, meanest, unstoppable force in boxing, then poof, it disappeared. People can blame motivation, his trainer dying etc but in the end it was his fault, no one else. He could have trained harder for the Buster Douglas fight, he could have chosen not to take a bite out of Evander. So you cannot put him in an all time greats list. It is the same with Bo Jackson, who was a force of nature in both baseball and football, got injured and that was it despite him being voted the best athlete ever. Tyson wasn't even the best HW in his generation, Lewis was.

"or just enough to know that he doesn't want to eat some shots to get some shots in."

That was my original point, Floyd might have those offensive weapons, he just never does it because it comes with the risk of taking a shot or two when they counter. Until he shows he can do it, i won't give him credit because he could.

Listen, none of you guys knows anything about boxing. So for a guy like me its pure comedy gold watching you nerds debate. Mayweather didnt come to fight, he came there to jump around like a little Bitch. Pacquiao had to chase him around in there. And btw i suspect Floyd is scared to take a punch.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

After this discussion came up i went to see what online ratings said about the greatest ever. Floyd is not on anyone's top 10, most have him way below top 20 all time. There is also a lot of fighters which most of us have not even seen fight in the top 10 (guys which were around 100 years ago). Tyson is also ranked outside of most experts top 20 as well.

One thing is certain is that the best ever boxers were fighting before most of us were even born.