Axis -- Champions League KT + TWGC

DoctorOctagon

EDIT: CANCELED FROM LACK OF INTEREST

What is it? League-style KT and grappling tournaments. Each season will consist of 16 KT or grappling fighters of some ID level. Each season will have 4 groups of 4 athletes. Each athlete will face every one in the group . The top 2 athletes in each group will advance to the single-elimination playoffs. All semi-finalists will be eligible to return for the next season. All other athletes will need to win one regulation match during playoffs. Most events will also include 1 or 2 Super Fights.

Where? Los Angeles. All fights will happen under the Axis banner.

When? 3 regular season monthly events + 3 playoff events will be held for each season. A season will begin when the tournament is full. Regulation matches for the next season will be held during the playoffs. I'm willing to run up to 4 simultaneous seasons at a time (1 event per week).

Who can join? VIP managers only. No new builds. I cant risk having too many people dropping out and ruining the tournament. There will hopefully be some replacement fighters for each season.

Scoring: Every fight will see 4 points handed out. Draws will see the points split 2/2. Decision wins will award the winner 3 points and the loser 1 points. Finishes will award the winner 4 points

League Signups

Open ID, Heavyweight KT

1. 2. 3. 4.

5. 6. 7. 8.

9. 10. 11. 12.

13. 14. 15. 16.

340k, Middleweight KT

1. 2. 3. 4.

5. 6. 7. 8.

9. 10. 11. 12.

13. 14. 15. 16.

Open ID, Lightweight KT

1. Abi "The Elder" Tural (253341) 2. Ray Mancini (285066) 3. 4.

5. 6. 7. 8.

9. 10. 11. 12.

13. 14. 15. 16.

Open ID, Openweight TWGC

1. 2. 3. 4.

5. 6. 7. 8.

9. 10. 11. 12.

13. 14. 15. 16.

These are just ideas. I'm totally opening to adjusting ID levels and weight classes for the first 4 season depending on what people want

Super Fight/Non-Tournament Signups

There will be at least 2 super fights per card. If you have a fighter you'd like to fight in one-offs, or if you have an opponent you had in mind, let me know.

Athlete Possible Opponent

- Osman Kusman (HW 340k)

- Anderson Silva (WW 340k)

- Paynuss Chobus (HW/LHW 309k)

-

I'm all for more KT & Grappling org options but there are 2 existing orgs with less complicated, straight-forward setups.

KT: http://mmatycoon.com/orgpublic.php?oid=5615 (Predominately Open ID w/ the exception of 335k HW)

Grappling: http://mmatycoon.com/orgpublic.php?oid=5616 (Open ID; All weight classes which is really cool; No SHW though.)

Again, love the initiative & having more than 1 option for anything is usually a good thing but with the limited number of KT fighters & Grapplers you'd all be competing for scraps.

The fact the game doesn't have a tool to specifically search out guys who just want to do KT or Grappling doesn't make it any easier for KT & Grappling org owners either.

Just food for thought Doc.

I'm all for more KT & Grappling org options but there are 2 existing orgs with less complicated, straight-forward setups.

KT: http://mmatycoon.com/orgpublic.php?oid=5615 (Predominately Open ID w/ the exception of 335k HW)

Grappling: http://mmatycoon.com/orgpublic.php?oid=5616 (Open ID; All weight classes which is really cool; No SHW though.)

Again, love the initiative & having more than 1 option for anything is usually a good thing but with the limited number of KT fighters & Grapplers you'd all be competing for scraps.

The fact the game doesn't have a tool to specifically search out guys who just want to do KT or Grappling doesn't make it any easier for KT & Grappling org owners either.

Just food for thought Doc.

Complicated? Its just a straight forward league system. I dont see anything that should be confusing to anyone.

Im also not looking to compete with those orgs, as I wasnt going to just search through tycoon and signwhoevers available. This was developed as a 4/5 month commitment, so that the athlete is free to pursue an mma or full time KT career elsewhere. This is not supposed to be a permanent home for anyone.

I appreciate the advice of quitting now, but as you can see I was giving it to the end of the week. If people arent interested, then I guess I was wrong, no big deal, but this seemed like a fun idea and people were interested when I tested the waters in another post.

I wont be running a standard org. There needs to be something else to motivate me to spend so much time doing write ups, designing logos, etc. I need to be having fun, and Id like the managers to be engaged.

You could try a tuf style tournament . One ran awhile back by uni Conor and had interviews and everything . You could look for fighters who have a winning record and are young.

Thanks, yeah there would've definitely been interviews and writeups for every event. Kind of similar to how I had it for KOTB back in 2015.

I've closed the company and moved on for now. Maybe later this year if interest ever sparks