Announcing - Savage Fightwear Scholarship Program

Rocket

Just a reminder - no one needs to sign a new contract to join this. You will remain with the orgs you're in fighting whatever fights come up within the 122 day period.

This is purely a sponsorship deal with a chance to win a million dollars.

All you need is one sponsorship space free for your fighter.

peace.

• Upvote 5

Maybe next time around this will be a tourney. However, the idea behind this is to get some more creative writing, smack talk and fighter reputations into forum in a slightly different way.

Problem with tournament format is one you lose people lose interest. Here you have a chance to win as long as you participate to the end - promoting and maintaining engagement.

No worries man, nobody is complaining.

We are happy this is being implemented. It will also help us keep track of the fighters regardless of where they go fight.

• Upvote 2

14931161765520.png

Jaxon 'The Savage' Bremner

(2-0 MMA)

Jaxon Bremner's first attempt into the fighting world failed. The lifelong bjj practitioner always failed to deliver on the big stage. Maybe it was stage freight or he was outclassed by the older grapplers. Jaxon never gave up. Growing up in the council estate in east London, life can be daunting for any young kid.

cbb2a2303cb91901b5bae70be297ea7c.jpg

He grew up in a stable family, always had clothes and was always fed but nothing was never new. Hand me downs from his older siblings, interactions with the local shoplifters. Jaxon need to make a change. He started training at the local mma gym and nothing made him happier. He trained as much as he can until he got spotted by Manager JB90. Several interactions later, Bremner was flying to Tokyo and becoming one of the rising prospects at The Top Gun Gym.

Homesickness plagued him at the start but the family atmosphere at the gym helped him settle in.

On the 14th December, Bremner entered his first mma fight and b/eat little mac in the 3 round.

Conor-Benn-and-his-father-Nigel-1436970.

On the same day he also entered TWGC and ended up winning Div 4. With success in the TWGC. Jaxon decided to concentrate on bjj and signed with catch wrestling championships. It came to soon. No consistency and mixed results (7-5) He has decided to go back to mma. With help from the savage scholarship programme, he is looking to work on his stand up and make strides into the World Combat Federation.

GH08632.jpg

• Upvote 4

14931161765520.png

Jaxon 'The Savage' Bremner

(2-0 MMA)

Jaxon Bremner's first attempt into the fighting world failed. The lifelong bjj practitioner always failed to deliver on the big stage. Maybe it was stage freight or he was outclassed by the older grapplers. Jaxon never gave up. Growing up in the council estate in east London, life can be daunting for any young kid.

cbb2a2303cb91901b5bae70be297ea7c.jpg

He grew up in a stable family, always had clothes and was always fed but nothing was never new. Hand me downs from his older siblings, interactions with the local shoplifters. Jaxon need to make a change. He started training at the local mma gym and nothing made him happier. He trained as much as he can until he got spotted by Manager JB90. Several interactions later, Bremner was flying to Tokyo and becoming one of the rising prospects at The Top Gun Gym.

Homesickness plagued him at the start but the family atmosphere at the gym helped him settle in.

On the 14th December, Bremner entered his first mma fight and b/eat little mac in the 3 round.

Conor-Benn-and-his-father-Nigel-1436970.

On the same day he also entered TWGC and ended up winning Div 4. With success in the TWGC. Jaxon decided to concentrate on bjj and signed with catch wrestling championships. It came to soon. No consistency and mixed results (7-5) He has decided to go back to mma. With help from the savage scholarship programme, he is looking to work on his stand up and make strides into the World Combat Federation.

GH08632.jpg

TWGC champion in the house ladies and gentlemen.

Being Savage isn't just about being an alpha killing machine - it's about taking the blows and coming back stronger.

Major props to young Bremmer (nickname is a nice touch).... fighter added to list of applicants

6 days to go

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/15848838896471.jpg
Paddy "360°" Mcgillicutty

Just back from an outstanding undisclosed experience (more news to follow later in a 'press conference') and found that I have been spammed by my manager about some scholarship program.

What da f*ck do I have to do with a scholarship? Isn't that for noobs, chickens and Camara's toyboys?

Why would I bother investing time and effort into this childgame?

HUH, WHAT? 1million dollar on the line?!!

I looooooooooooooooooooooooooovvvee this idea, count me in!

I'm coming for the green bills baby!

• Upvote 2

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/15848838896471.jpg

Paddy "360°" Mcgillicutty

Just back from an outstanding undisclosed experience (more news to follow later in a 'press conference') and found that I have been spammed by my manager about some scholarship program.

What da f*ck do I have to do with a scholarship? Isn't that for noobs, chickens and Camara's toyboys?

Why would I bother investing time and effort into this childgame?

HUH, WHAT? 1million dollar on the line?!!

I looooooooooooooooooooooooooovvvee this idea, count me in!

I'm coming for the green bills baby!

I invest time and money into you without holding back, but you thank me by go missing for weeks....

Then when you are back eventually, you do not even bother to inform me?

I seriously do not even want to know what happened when you were unaccounted for.

You are holding some bullshit press conference this weekend and I'm not invited? Well go fuck yourself.

If you are not back in training by tomorrow morning 6 a.m., you will be a free agent.

For fuck's sake Paddy, grow up!

• Upvote 1

Tensions between Paddy and his manager - understandable given his recent behaviour.

We see our Savages as not only apex predators Mr. Mcgillicutty, but also as incredible professionals.

We at Savage fight wear hope to see you conduct your business in a less cerebral manner moving forward...

• Upvote 2

Ok guys we are now 2 hours and 30 minutes away from the closing date for applications. We have seen the next generation of killer put his name in the hat and it will be a tough decision to reduce the current applicants down to 5.

The final winners will be announced @ 12:00 GMT+1 on Sunday 26/07/2020.

Thank you to everyone who has shown an interest and lets see what the inaugural Savage scholars can do to shape their future in MMA.

• Upvote 4

Savage Fightwear Scholarship Special Presentation

INTRODUCTION

(A jazzy piano tune plays as the camera displays a young, thin man sitting at a broadcast desk, bathed in dim studio lights that steadily brighten to show Malik Frazier wearing a lavender blue suit and discrete wire-rimmed glasses. He nervously glances down upon at least four distinct stacks of papers.)

Malik: Folks, people, yes, this is a very special night! I am Malik “The MMA Geek” Frazier, and thank you for tuning into our … night. Our, well … you have to hear this! Just last week, we here at Marax PR learned that Savage Fightwear established a scholarship program with a massive commitment of two hundred thousand dollars to each of five scholars, and eventually, one million Tycoon dollars for the overall winner! Since then, we have been analyzing, dissecting, watching, listening, strategizing, practicing, and other ing-inging.

I may be at a loss for words, but at least I can say that I am honored to receive this assignment tonight. This is a night of celebrating mixed martial arts, celebrating the people in the community who are willing to give back, and most importantly, focusing on these young men who have applied to be Savage Fightwear Scholars.

Scott: (makes soft snoring noises)

Malik: Ok, ok, very funny. On my special assignment, I am joined by my good friend, Scott Smith.

Scott: (Laughs jovially.) Oh wait, now you want to talk to me? Malik, I could not be happier for you with tonight’s assignment. Scholarships, analysis, hard work, all of that is right up your alley. It’s your show tonight, buddy.

Malik: Thank you, Scott. As you all can see, we are in good spirits tonight. And who wouldn’t be? We are witnessing the very beginning of what will be a life-changing experience for one special young fighter. If you can’t get behind this, then you’re watching the wrong sport.

Scott: Goooooaaaaaaal! (descends into hysterical laughter)

Malik: (chuckling) Very funny, bud. But let’s talk about the people who really matter here. Nine young men have answered the call for applications.

Scott: And knowing you, you know all of their full names, dates of birth, mothers’ maiden names, and blood types.

Malik: You know me too well, Scottie. Here is what I have learned.

MAIN PRESENTATION / PREVIEWS

Malik: Savage Fightwear is blessed to have some scholarship applicants with legitimate fight experience. Let’s start with them. Frank “The Legion” Morrison applies with a record of 4-0. He is a former -- or current? -- local gang leader with a background consisting of a series of misdemeanor property crimes.

Scott: Indictments don’t make you a man. Knockouts do. That’s what my dad always used to say.

Malik: Well, uh, Morrison doesn’t have any of those. His career has been a series of truncated, three-minute, single-round decision wins under the FFS banner. Now, I wouldn’t go as far as to say he is all “show” and no “go.” He does have a well-rounded MMA skillset, and at just 19 years old, he’s an intriguing prospect and applicant.

Scott: So it’s kind of the same story with Joe “Tiger King” Exotic, who also came up in FFS?

Malik: I suppose, but Joe has two first-round stoppages to his name. He’s been an exciting fighter. Fun to watch. I’m sure the selection staff will take a good look at his development and see where he fits in. If he can avoid more prison time and shady animal “rescue” directors, he just might carve out a nice career. With this guy having so many other endeavors, you really circle back to the basic MMA questions that every fighter must ask himself: Will I find enough time to get in the gym? Am I disciplined enough to reach the highest level? Is my heart truly in this? Will I get mauled by a tiger and have my left arm amputated?

(Malik appears flummoxed, looks down briefly, then back to the camera.)

Let’s see here, moving on. The other applicant with four fights to his name is Takeshi “Naniwa Hawk” Takamura, who boasts the most in-cage time out of all of our applicants. Self-described as a small-scale hustler and “quite a little rascal” at one point in his life, Takeshi turned his life around and found accountability as an MMA fighter. Well, almost. His manager’s promotional flyers still claim that Takamura’s first fight, a submission loss to an Americana, was in an event that “he thought was a kickboxing bout.”

Scott: Who knows, that might be true! People don’t believe me either when I tell them about the time I schooled Kobe Bryant in Rucker Park back in 2002.

Malik: Whoa, buddy! I’m not calling either one of you a liar, but some stories just don’t add up. The funny thing about Takamura is that he’s clearly a good fighter even aside from the public relations controversy. He’s got a nice career ahead of him at either 145 or 155.

Scott: Dude, did you hear about Zoidberg’s applicant?

Malik: Dude, yes I have. Zai Druggs, from Dusseldorf, is quite open about his strange lifestyle and training methods. This is a guy who grew up with money, but he’s still chasing something. Trying to find himself, as they say, and we know that MMA is a path to that for a lot of people. Most important perhaps is that he has a gymnastics background. Oh, and two first round stoppage victories in his last two fights. Mr. “Do” Druggs looks like a brawler to me, Scott.

Scott: A privileged brawler. Not the typical fighter background!

Malik: Right, but as MMA becomes more mainstream, I think we’re seeing more fighters from every social class. Jaxson Bremner’s story is maybe more in line with the classic MMA story. Raised in a working-class family in London, he found his way to a local BJJ gym and started working. And working. And working. He has made quite a name for himself on the UK grappling scene. I mean, this kid is 21 years old with a black belt and two submission wins under his, uh, belt.

Scott: That’s why I’m supposed to do the fancy talking, Malik. You’re here for the analysis.

Malik: I thought you were here because your cousin runs the company?

(silence)

Malik: Oh, you know I’m just giving you a hard time, man! Speaking of hard, our next applicant is Chew Kok. And speaking of nepotism, Chew has managed to leave North Korea through a somewhat intricate web of political connections and family legacy. But this isn’t some spoiled kid. Kok has legitimate Muay Thai skills that he showed off in his only pro fight, a dominant three-round win.

Scott: Wow, we have got some fascinating fighters in this group! Hey, does the commission check fighters’ waistlines for banned substances before they enter the cage? You know what, never mind.

Malik: Ok, Scott, let me get back to the rest of these fascinating fighters, as you say. Paddy Mcgillicutty is the last applicant who has a pro fight to his name. The brash youngster snatched up a first-round guillotine win to start his career. He’s known for his partying and his disputed parentage, but like everyone else here, he can fight. He’s got a brown belt in jiu-jitsu and maybe has even learned some kicks from his father … izz – father’s trainer, Joe Rogan.

That brings us to our penultimate fighter, Mike “The Plumber” Cozad.

Scott: Malik, stop right there. Have you read this guy’s promo material? Wait, of course you have. I actually even read this one. I mean, uh, you know, just like I read all of them. Do you believe this guy? What do you make of this?

Malik: I don’t know what to make of it, Scott. He claims to be a multi-millionaire game designer and womanizer who lives in an opulent mansion. The press comes to us by way of a journalist named Chad Stevens, so who knows? This guy’s claims are so wild that they just might be true. One thing is true: if he gets in that cage, we are going to find out reaaaal quick if he can fight. I do know that he’s a big boy, so I’m not going to question him to his face, I call tell you that much.

And finally, we have one of the most bizarre characters I have seen in the MMA world, a fella by the name of Mark Jovic who calls himself “The Astral Traveler.” He had a run-in with a Hindu priest that left him, shall we say, changed.

Scott: You say “run-in.” Malik, he tried to rob the guy. Is this guy mentally ill?

Malik: I don’t know, Scott. I don’t know if it’s the guilt from the attempted robbery. I don’t know if it’s just garden variety schizophrenia. Maybe he’s cursed?

Scott: Alright, Malik, what do you know about him -- as a fighter?

Malik: I’m not a fighter.

Scott: No, I mean, what do you know about his fighting skills? And you’re supposed to be the smart one?

Malik: (laughing) Oh, I’m sorry Scott, I’m getting tired here. This has been a long show! I don’t know much about this cat. He is eccentric, his manager is eccentric, I think we’re just going to have to wait and see what we get out of him. If he makes the cut, that is.

Scott: That’s going to be hard to do, not just for Jovic, but for everyone. This is a very, very interesting group of fighters. What do you know about the selection process?

Malik: I know that’s not my job, and I’m really glad it isn’t. That’s up to Glenn Rocket, owner of Savage Fightwear. I had a chance to speak to Mr. Rocket, and what I do know is that he is looking for true fighters. Not just athletes, not just martial artists, but guys who have the right kind of spirit and determination to embody his brand of clothing.

Oh, and we’d be remiss if we didn’t thank Mr. Rocket once again for his generosity in offering this scholarship program. This is truly remarkable.

Scott: Malick, here’s a trivia question. DID YOU KNOW … that you don’t get paid any more if you lick the guy’s boots? (busts into laughter) Oh, oh, I’m sorry. I just – (regains composure) But seriously, you are right. This is an amazingly generous and, let’s face it, highly entertaining approach by Savage Fightwear and Glenn Rocket.

And Mr. Rocket himself will soon make an announcement naming the five Savage Scholars, each of whom will receive two hundred thousand dollars! Those five scholars will continue to train and submit updates, and eventually, an overall winner will be awarded an additional one million dollar prize. I know I cannot wait to see where this takes us. For now, we wait for the big announcement. Thank you for joining us here tonight, and best of luck to our applicants, win or lose, on the long careers they have ahead of them!

• Upvote 7

XOOQyjY.jpg Y15qnd5.jpg rTMoqFi.jpg cRAjA9n.jpg qOz5yzr.jpg

Ladies and Gentleman I present to you the winners of this round of #Savage fight wears Scholarship programme.

All winners will receive a 200k fighter sponsorship deal and have the chance to go on and win £1,000,000 for their manager.

To those who entered and where not successful - you are welcome to query why you where not selected for this round of scholarships.

• Upvote 11

Ladies and Gentleman I present to you the winners of this round of #Savage fight wears Scholarship programme.

All winners will receive a 200k fighter sponsorship deal and have the chance to go on and win £1,000,000 for their manager.

To those who entered and where not successful - you are welcome to query why you where not selected for this round of scholarships.

GOAT stuff. :thumbup:

• Upvote 5

Outstanding work, dude.

• Upvote 4

team-lobster.png

Doc John Zoidberg

"This was a great opportunity for our fighter, mr Druggs, and I thank Savage for it. As a fellow businessman myself, I know how much effort it takes to keep your money flowing and sustain beneficent initiatives. I hope we can bring Savage Scolarship their very own first MMA champion soon."

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/15803008254947.jpg
Zai "Doo" Druggs

"I've bet my last 2 week wage on Takamura getting subbed round 2, by a buttlock. You should also all stay tunned at California 23, august 15, for a real man fist festival. Real Power display from the Doo is expected"

• Upvote 4

http://mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/15913723784650.jpeg

Aydan The Wandering Spirit

"My fighter Mark Jovic is honored to receive the Savage Sponsorship- though I try to meddle with my fighters finances as little as possible, I have complete faith that Mark will be putting the money to good use to help him get the best training available, especially with such a tough debut coming up."

http://mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/15937049279264.gif

Mark Jovic

"How much acid do you think this could get me?"

• Upvote 2

Jaxon Savage Bremner

9-FF8-DA79-7568-40-AF-B844-123033-D7-B66

I feel truely blessed. Thank you so much for this opportunity.I still cant believe this is happening to me. All the sponsorship has gone straight into training and i cant thank the Savage Fightwear Scholarship Program enough .

Heres a pic of me recently boxing. I can only do this thanks to you

9431-posts-article-md.jpg

• Upvote 2

http://mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/15913723784650.jpeg

Aydan The Wandering Spirit

"My fighter Mark Jovic is honored to receive the Savage Sponsorship- though I try to meddle with my fighters finances as little as possible, I have complete faith that Mark will be putting the money to good use to help him get the best training available, especially with such a tough debut coming up."

http://mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/15937049279264.gif

Mark Jovic

"How much acid do you think this could get me?"

Not enough to forget the beating my fighter's about to put on you in Rei's tournament.

• Upvote 2