NBA Season 2015-2016 Discussion

Mentor

Game 7 tonight by the way, looking forward to it! I think the Cav's have the chance to make history and become the first team ever to come back from a 3-1 in the finals.

I think they have a great shot at winning, I'm predicting Lebron gives them another 40. Warriors just haven't looked the same but if their shots start falling it won't be pretty. Rooting against the Warriors but I'm rooting for a great game more than anything

Great game. Kyrie with the big shot at the end of the 4th and couldnt be happier for King James and the Cavs!

PS. Any NBA 2k16 players in Australia Im EUGENIX on XBOX One

They underestimated them

Good for the Cavs. They showed they were the better team late in this series and deserved it. Glad LeBron finally won one in Cleveland. Plus we can stop hearing "he needs to win one in Cleveland to solidify his legacy"

I got it right in the end, Cavs won it against all odds. I am kind of happy it happened because i wanted the Cleveland to get the title + i wanted Lebron's move to go back home to pay off. I think Curry had a very poor finals for his standard, they found a way to defend him. Klay had a poor final game as well, Green was keeping them into the game. I have no idea what Kerr was doing adding Ezeli in the game with a few minutes to go, it cost them 8 points and possibly the game.

Also, at this point i think Kyrie could actually be a better player than Curry, when he wants he can defend better, his driving to the hoop is more reliable, he has fewer turnovers, Curry also picked up the knack to get into foul trouble. Curry has the better long range shot, but when you take that away, he is actually a slightly above average player if you consider the fact he is a defensive liability.

• Downvote 1

I got it right in the end, Cavs won it against all odds. I am kind of happy it happened because i wanted the Cleveland to get the title + i wanted Lebron's move to go back home to pay off. I think Curry had a very poor finals for his standard, they found a way to defend him. Klay had a poor final game as well, Green was keeping them into the game. I have no idea what Kerr was doing adding Ezeli in the game with a few minutes to go, it cost them 8 points and possibly the game.

Also, at this point i think Kyrie could actually be a better player than Curry, when he wants he can defend better, his driving to the hoop is more reliable, he has fewer turnovers, Curry also picked up the knack to get into foul trouble. Curry has the better long range shot, but when you take that away, he is actually a slightly above average player if you consider the fact he is a defensive liability.

Man he is a great player but not deserving of a unanimous mvp decision he just has the best team.

• 2 weeks later...

It would be in the NBA's best interest to figure out a way to keep these super teams from happening. I'm a fan of a team thats been re-building for four years and whatever progress they've made in that time has gone completely out the window. I used to watch a lot of the playoffs and all of the finals games every year until LeBron went to the Heat. I'm just not interested in a league where only 3-4 teams are legit championship contenders.

KD signed to the warriors! Wake me up when after the 2017 finals, Im done for the season.

I could of swore that he said something about being competitive. He left a organization built not only built around him and for him, but also he is the thunder and if not stay gobto a team so its not a guarantee champ unless an injury happens.

It would be in the NBA's best interest to figure out a way to keep these super teams from happening. I'm a fan of a team thats been re-building for four years and whatever progress they've made in that time has gone completely out the window. I used to watch a lot of the playoffs and all of the finals games every year until LeBron went to the Heat. I'm just not interested in a league where only 3-4 teams are legit championship contenders.

I am in the exact opposite ship. I rather see a league where there is 5-6 super teams, 5-6 pretty good ones and a bunch of crappy ones, rather than a league of 30 balanced / average teams. I mean who wants to watch 42-42 type teams? I sure as hell don't.

If lets say we take any league outside of the USA, for example the EPL, they usually only have 20% of the teams (ie 4-5 teams) which are competing for the title on a given season, it is normal. As for the "super team" concept, it has happened all through the NBA, people want to watch super teams. I guess this GS team is a bit over the top, with 4 legit all stars, but if we take any of the best teams, they always had 2, usually 3 such players. People always talk about those super teams and not about some above average teams which won the league.

In fact, i would argue the way the NBA is built, with their regulations, you have a lot of teams which are simply not allowed the money they have sitting around.If anything, i would like to see more freedom and less restrictions. As a fan of the Lakers, it has been frustrating as hell to watch how the best players are not even bothering to talk to us, simply because they can join some smaller market team on the same deal, but with a better roster. These days it is more about how good your roster is + who is coaching. In the past, teams were allowed to pay beyond the max, assuming they had the space to do so, but since the max contract rule came into place, that is all done now.

I am in the exact opposite ship. I rather see a league where there is 5-6 super teams, 5-6 pretty good ones and a bunch of crappy ones, rather than a league of 30 balanced / average teams. I mean who wants to watch 42-42 type teams? I sure as hell don't.

If lets say we take any league outside of the USA, for example the EPL, they usually only have 20% of the teams (ie 4-5 teams) which are competing for the title on a given season, it is normal. As for the "super team" concept, it has happened all through the NBA, people want to watch super teams. I guess this GS team is a bit over the top, with 4 legit all stars, but if we take any of the best teams, they always had 2, usually 3 such players. People always talk about those super teams and not about some above average teams which won the league.

In fact, i would argue the way the NBA is built, with their regulations, you have a lot of teams which are simply not allowed the money they have sitting around.If anything, i would like to see more freedom and less restrictions. As a fan of the Lakers, it has been frustrating as hell to watch how the best players are not even bothering to talk to us, simply because they can join some smaller market team on the same deal, but with a better roster. These days it is more about how good your roster is + who is coaching. In the past, teams were allowed to pay beyond the max, assuming they had the space to do so, but since the max contract rule came into place, that is all done now.

Lol sounds like someone is bitter because their beloved team has become crap and no one wants to join them... That's how the world works I'm afraid.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Lol sounds like someone is bitter because their beloved team has become crap and no one wants to join them... That's how the world works I'm afraid.

That is how the NBA works i am afraid, not the world though. In the world the big rich teams buy success, so yeah, extremely bitter.

Teams have too much cap room now. If they didn't have enough room signings like this wouldn't happen. He would of had to stay or take way less money.