GAMMA opens in Las Vegas

Mentor

GAMMA: Hiro Manowaru HOF induction

Hiro is a former #3 ranked fighter, Managed by Bwang Jong Sr (91781), Optimal (124821), Bjorn O'Donnel (94172) during his GAMMA run, his most successful and longest being under GAMMA HOF manager Bwang. 

His overall record inside GAMMA is 25-13 with 20 of those 25 wins being via stoppage. 

He is a former 3 times 265+ champion who has competed or defended for the 265+ title on a total of 13 times. He also competed in 1 super fight.

He is 8th all time in total Fight of the Night bonuses. His 185 points accumulated ranks him joint 28th all time and 5th all time in the HW/SHW division.

After joining GAMMA from RFL (where he is also a HOF fighter) Hiro started poorly and went 4-5 in his first 9 fights. He then went on a reign of destruction going     
14-2 during that run, it was during this run he had most of his greatest wins and 3 title reigns. 

Some of his great wins were over Franck Kodjia, Roar Horse, Dustin Kruger, Andy Grabber, Sunray Spike, Joe Clark, Yago Nascimento. Many of those became rivalries which Hiro ended up topping. His reign basically ended with the coming of the young and hungry Karim Johnson who he lost 3 times to (under 2 different managers).

This induction is the second for Bwang, pushing him into 7th place on the all time list.
  • Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

Thomas Bolleke HOF Induction

Thomas Bolleke (323315) is a GAMMA legend, managed by Alika Webb who is a GAMMA HOF manager. Thomas competed in GAMMA from 2019-10-19 till his retirement on 2022-10-22. Most of 2022 he spent in our GAMMA Contenders organization. 

Thomas is a former multiple time GAMMA champion and arguably the most dominant 185lbs champ of all time, together with the all time great in Raz Matazz (25622). He also ranked as high as #2 in the game during his 2020 run which also earned him GAMMA fighter of the year. 

His record inside GAMMA was 18-14-2. His best run was during his 185lbs title reign where he went 15-3. His 2 losses were avenged and he lost a huge super fight against Latrobe Arundel which would of determined the #1 spot in the game. He is the only champ to ever have drop his belt (he moved up to 205lbs to find a new challenge). 

During his career he was involved in 19 title fights and 2 super fights. His 19 title fights ranks 6th all time in GAMMA. 

His most dominant wins were most likely those over Bill Newton, Joao Pedro Mauricio DeSilva, Anthony Falcone, Mason Norris, Pekka Toivonen, Cheik Imbula, Evaristo Jesus, Vertti Ekstrovertti, Pablo Maracon, but he was involved in many other great fights during his career.

Overall he is ranked 10th all time among all GAMMA fighters with 266 points.

Most likely Thomas could of made it higher up the list but unfortunately he started to degrade pretty early in his career. 

With this induction Alika Webb becomes the 4th greatest GAMMA manager with 1025 points and only one of 5 managers to have 3 or more fighters in the GAMMA Hall of Fame.
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

GAMMA: The remarkable story of Ruslan Danilov

Ruslan Danilov (334471) is currently competing in the GAMMA contenders. He is a 37y old veteran who spent the past 2 years competing in GAMMA with an overall 13-17 record. Now, at first sight, a fighter who had a 13-17 record would not particularly be a fighter of interest. He never competed for a title and spent most of his run at the lower to mid tier echelons of the organization. His highest rank to date was 334 p4p. 

What stands out about Ruslan is the fact that he beat a total of 4 GAMMA champions during his reign! Most of those champions became champs after they lost to him! During the 2 years he had wins over Julio Regueiro (Twice) Patrick River, Kevin Daughtrey and Kebab Nurminen! 

Ruslan hopes he can string some results in our GAMMA Contenders and move back up to compete for the GAMMA title, we wish him the best of luck!

• Upvote 2

GAMMA K-1

I am proud to announce that GAMMA will be branching out to K-1!!! 

Way back in the day, GAMMA had a separate organization for K-1, it ran for over a year and was one of the main 2 K-1 orgs in the game at the time.

The K-1 scene in this game is very weak, it pretty much always has been that way, but hopefully GAMMA can change that. 

The goal is to run an openweight division for K-1 and run my regular MMA events at the same time. The format will be 3 x 5 minute rounds all fights in the cage, so basically K-1 rules in an MMA setup. 

The big advantage of K-1 in this game is that you can be highly competitive very quickly because you only need to spend points on part of the skills. If we take all the skills which are used in K-1 here, we have: 

Boxing    
Muay Thai
Wrestling

Punches         
Kicks
Elbows
Knees
Clinchwork
Striking Defense

Agility         
Flexibility
Strength
Speed
Conditioning
Balance

So if you peak on every single skill, that is a total of 2250 points. You could argue that even with less than 2000 points, you basically have a "peaked" fighter as things such as balance/wrestling are not very important and you can probably get away with having just one of either elbows / knees. 

A new 18y fighter starts with 700. So basically if you train up his physical skills and second primary, within 1 1/2 - 2 months you should be pretty competitive, assuming you put your points on K-1 skills only. 

Your career can also be longer because even after you start to degrade, you will have enough points left to spend on preserving those few skills as fighters have over 2600 points in total. 

The biggest downside of K-1 is that in this game, we lack any long term legacy. Orgs pop up and close ship within a few months or at best a couple of years. That wont be happening here because this is GAMMA! I will be running the K-1 division. The goal is that eventually our Contenders will also run an openweight division for the new fighters, but for now all the new fighters will be joining GAMMA.

We wont add an official ID restriction, however we wont allow any late creations or MMA veterans to join up (this will change when our own crop of fighters peak). All fighters joining have to be teenagers. 

So, this is a good time to create your new fighters, our first event will take place early 2023 (most likely January). 

If you have any questions or need advice for your fighter build, contact me!

• Upvote 1

On 12/1/2022 at 9:42 AM, Mentor said:

GAMMA K-1

I am proud to announce that GAMMA will be branching out to K-1!!! 

Way back in the day, GAMMA had a separate organization for K-1, it ran for over a year and was one of the main 2 K-1 orgs in the game at the time.

The K-1 scene in this game is very weak, it pretty much always has been that way, but hopefully GAMMA can change that. 

The goal is to run an openweight division for K-1 and run my regular MMA events at the same time. The format will be 3 x 5 minute rounds all fights in the cage, so basically K-1 rules in an MMA setup. 

The big advantage of K-1 in this game is that you can be highly competitive very quickly because you only need to spend points on part of the skills. If we take all the skills which are used in K-1 here, we have: 

Boxing    
Muay Thai
Wrestling

Punches         
Kicks
Elbows
Knees
Clinchwork
Striking Defense

Agility         
Flexibility
Strength
Speed
Conditioning
Balance

So if you peak on every single skill, that is a total of 2250 points. You could argue that even with less than 2000 points, you basically have a "peaked" fighter as things such as balance/wrestling are not very important and you can probably get away with having just one of either elbows / knees. 

A new 18y fighter starts with 700. So basically if you train up his physical skills and second primary, within 1 1/2 - 2 months you should be pretty competitive, assuming you put your points on K-1 skills only. 

Your career can also be longer because even after you start to degrade, you will have enough points left to spend on preserving those few skills as fighters have over 2600 points in total. 

The biggest downside of K-1 is that in this game, we lack any long term legacy. Orgs pop up and close ship within a few months or at best a couple of years. That wont be happening here because this is GAMMA! I will be running the K-1 division. The goal is that eventually our Contenders will also run an openweight division for the new fighters, but for now all the new fighters will be joining GAMMA.

We wont add an official ID restriction, however we wont allow any late creations or MMA veterans to join up (this will change when our own crop of fighters peak). All fighters joining have to be teenagers. 

So, this is a good time to create your new fighters, our first event will take place early 2023 (most likely January). 

If you have any questions or need advice for your fighter build, contact me!

The first event is now booked for the 21/01/2023

• Upvote 1

I found the "lineage" to the original GAMT events: https://www.mmatycoon.com/orgpublic.php?oid=4886

87 events were held under the Global Association banner using MT rules, so our first event in GAMMA will be GAMT #88.

All records of our original organization will be recognized in our new division.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Mentor said:

I found the "lineage" to the original GAMT events: https://www.mmatycoon.com/orgpublic.php?oid=4886

87 events were held under the Global Association banner using MT rules, so our first event in GAMMA will be GAMT #88.

All records of our original organization will be recognized in our new division.

Very cool stuff

Hello!

With the creation of the GAMMA Muay Thai Division, i have been thinking about the future. According to Mike, it is possible to run MT and MMA events at the same time and now have the depreciating returns for the events. This basically means i can run 2 events per week and not have any penalties. I still want to run some events to see how that goes, but i like the idea of eventually having 2 orgs under one banner.

At the moment we only have one openweight division for MT, but ideally it would be awesome to have multiple divisions, which brings me up to the next point. It is not possible to have 2 champs for the same division, so technically i cannot have MMA and MT fighters in the same division.

For all of you who do not know, GAMMA was one of the oldest orgs which took a long time to implement some of the lower weight classes. It took us years before we added 155, 145 and 135lbs and eventually we dropped the 135lbs division. We are also not fan's of having "shallow" divisions, with lack of real competition, which is why we made the 265lbs division defunct, merging it with 265lbs+. 

Recently i have been talking with WVT owner Alfred Winterbottom, he has had some impressive results running an org with just 3 weight divisions. 155lbs, 185lbs and 265+ Essentially going to the roots of MMA, when there was fewer divisions, you can find his org here: https://www.mmatycoon.com/orgpublic.php?oid=6893

After discussing with him, he has said that he did not noticed serious "advantages" to lighter fighters. In fact, almost always the champs have been heavier fighters. I analyzed some of his earlier events when he had just one division and the weight differences were bigger and these are the results i got: 

https://www.mmatycoon.com/fightcommentary.php?FTID=1082524

Win HW

https://www.mmatycoon.com/fightcommentary.php?FTID=1082527

Win HW

https://www.mmatycoon.com/fightcommentary.php?FTID=1082525

Win LW

https://www.mmatycoon.com/fightcommentary.php?FTID=1082522

Win LW

https://www.mmatycoon.com/fightcommentary.php?FTID=1082745

Win HW

https://www.mmatycoon.com/fightcommentary.php?FTID=1082744

Win HW

https://www.mmatycoon.com/fightcommentary.php?FTID=1082749

Win HW

https://www.mmatycoon.com/fightcommentary.php?FTID=1082746

Win HW

https://www.mmatycoon.com/fightcommentary.php?FTID=1082742

Win HW

https://www.mmatycoon.com/fightcommentary.php?FTID=1082748

Win HW

https://www.mmatycoon.com/fightcommentary.php?FTID=1082747

Win HW

https://www.mmatycoon.com/fightcommentary.php?FTID=1082743

Win HW

https://www.mmatycoon.com/fightcommentary.php?FTID=1082741

Win HW

The heavier fighters won 11 and lost 2. So there is no evidence that lighter "faster" fighters have any clear advantage, at least that was the case when putting HW against MW or lower fighters. 

There could be an advantage in the very low weights (135-155lbs), as KO power has less of an effect, but i suspect that starting with 170lbs, this effect is balanced out vs KO power. 

Anyway, i want your opinion regarding the future. The idea being debated is that GAMMA could implement similar weight rules as WVT and have 3 divisions. 135-155lbs compete in one, 170-185lbs compete in the next and 205+ in the higher weight class. This will give us deeper divisions and more competition. Besides this, it also means we can have the same 3 weight categories for MT. So eventually we will have 2 PPV level orgs for both MT and MMA.

The downside is obviously the legacy factor. How will title fights be given points for future rating the greatest of all time? It will screw with the continuity of the belts and there could be cases where certain managers will be unwilling to compete in divisions, so recruiting could be more tricky. All these are legitimate concerns. 

Either way, i will follow the path the majority of our core managers want. We could simply keep MT to one openweight division and leave it there. I see nothing wrong with that. Or we could go with the new path

I know "change" is not something most people like, but it could be an interesting idea. So what do you prefer (2 options).

#1 Do nothing, keep MT an overweight division and keep current MMA divisions as they are.

#2 Go the full WVT root with 3 separate divisions for both MMA and MT. Lightweight (155lbs and Under), Middleweight (205lbs to 155lbs), Heavyweight (205lbs and Over).

I am open to any of these ideas. It would be great to also hear the opinion of people who competed under the WVT rules to hear your view regarding the matchups and if you noticed any major differences in your results. 

Regards

Mentor

• Upvote 1

I've always considered the "roots" of MT competition to be among lighter fighters, it wasn't until MT was really attracting European & American athletes that the heavier weightclasses gained much traction & the lighter classes feature much deeper divisions even to today - at least that's my own take on it, I could be wrong.

So I'd probably say have a slightly overlapping mix of MT & MMA weight classes with something like:

135 MT

145MT

155MT

165MMA

175MT

185MMA

205MMA

265+MMA

17 hours ago, Skuzbukit said:

I've always considered the "roots" of MT competition to be among lighter fighters, it wasn't until MT was really attracting European & American athletes that the heavier weightclasses gained much traction & the lighter classes feature much deeper divisions even to today - at least that's my own take on it, I could be wrong.

So I'd probably say have a slightly overlapping mix of MT & MMA weight classes with something like:

135 MT

145MT

155MT

165MMA

175MT

185MMA

205MMA

265+MMA

He can only work with the weight classes the game has.

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/11/2022 at 8:18 PM, Skuzbukit said:

135 MT

145MT

155MT

165MMA

175MT

185MMA

205MMA

265+MMA

I can only use existing divisions, so i cannot really add a 175 / 165lbs division as there is no space for that on the roster. If we could add manual divisions, then i would not need to consider any of these changes, i would probably keep just a separate MMA / MT setup and have the same divisions for both MMA and MT.

Song Turillo (327928) HALL Of Fame Induction

Managed by GAMMA Hall of Fame manager, Whymer Van Mastodon. Upon retirement he was ranked #24 among all GAMMA fighters with 197 points. This is 4th among fighters who competed at 205lbs, behind Jeremy Tonal (31632), Damagon Encharya (326581) and Menace Defoe (268296) (Menace also being a fighter managed by Whymer). 

A former #7 ranked fighter in the game. His overall GAMMA record was 30-13-2, with 20 fight of the nigh awards. 

Song was involved in 15 title fights at 205lbs. Only 11 fighters in GAMMA history beat him in this category. He is also a 3 time GAMMA 205lbs champion.

Over his career he had some memorable wins, the most notable of these have to be Anthony Falcone, Yka Sonni, Husein Magomaevaboff, Larry Williams, Damagon Encharya,  Robert MacArthur Jnr, Shawn Antoski, Joosep Lohmus.

He will be remembered for his rivalry against Joosep, which spanned from 2019-10-05 until 2022-10-15. A rivalry he ended up losing 3-5-1 (the 2 losses were at the end, it was 3-3-1 at one stage). 

Song will go down as being one of the best 205lbs fighters in GAMMA history and his rivalry with Joosep is one that will unlikely ever be beaten. 

This will be a record breaking 7th fighter induction for Whymer, the nearest person with 5 inductions is Gale Hawthorne (22636). 

GAMMA has the final results for it's overall best fighter of the year. 

The way this works is similar to how our GAMMA Hall of fame, so we give: 

-3 points for a win, 
-1 point for a loss, 
-2 points for a draw, 
-1 point for fight of the night awards,
-4 points if the fight was a title or super fight.

I only include fighters who won a title during the year and had at least 8 wins in GAMMA (because anywhere less than 8 wins wont place them high enough anyway).

The winner for the year, with 125 points goes to Karim "Carnage" Johnson (347353)!!! His overall record was 13-4, but what separated him from the rest was the level of competition. He had a total of 17 (in other words all his fights) were either a title of super fight! I think that has never happened. Also 14 of the 17 fights were a Fight of the night (note: In GAMMA fight of the night awards always go to high profile top 3 fights on the card, unless we lack KO/Sub awards in those top 3). 

Very close in second place was GAMMA legend with Joosep "Little Bunny" L0hmus (325071) with 120 points. This is the second year in a row that Joosep finished in second. He becomes one of just 5 (if i am not mistaken) fighters in our history to be ranked in the top 3 fighters of the year on 2 different occasions. The difference between the 2 fighters was essentially Karim had 1 extra Title/Super fight and a few extra FON awards. I think this was the first time we had 2 fighters with 120 points or more at the end of the year.

3rd place goes to Chamuaknoi Sitsongrit (325755) with 97 points. What is shocking is that essentially Chamuaknoi Sitsongrit is undefeated in GAMMA since joining in 2021. His only loss came via super fight. The only reason he is not first or second is due to volume of fights (and that is not even his fault, there was less viable competition).  

This is the final top 10 rankings:

Karim "Carnage" Johnson (347353) 13-4
Title + Super 17
Fight of night 14
125 Total points

Joosep "Little Bunny" L hmus (325071) 13-5-1
Title + Super 16
Fight of night 10
120 Total points

Chamuaknoi Sitsongrit (325755) 12-1 
Title + Super fights 13
Fight of night 8
97 Total points

Jack "The Guvnor" Spratt (347077) 10-5-1
Title + Super 11
Fight of night 9
90 Total points

Song Turillo (327928) 10-4-1
Title + Super 9
Fight of night 10
81 Total points

Dougal McCraken (320702) 9-6
Title + Super 8
Fight of night 2
67 Total points

Yodsingkhun Sitsongrit (348460) 11-2
Title + Super 7 
Fight of night 1
64 Total points

Aurelius "Kaiser" Augustus (357859) 9-3-2
Title + Super 6
Fight of night 6
64 Total points

Mike McGuire (349270) 12-6
Title + Super 3
Fight of night 2
56 Total points

Roland Weudke (334657) 11-4
Title + Super 2
Fight of night 4
49 Total points

• Upvote 2

• 1 month later...

Papa Moosh Dambullah (330450) HOF Induction

Managed by GAMMA Hall of Famer Bwang Jong Sr (91781). 

Had a 21-8-0 record in GAMMA and a 4-1 record in our GAMMA Contenders. Papa is a 3 time 185lbs champ with a total of 12 title fights in total. He is also the 2021 GAMMA fighter of the year and was voted the 185lbs game best fighter in 2021.

He had several major wins during his dominating run, including wins over Shane Raffington, Anthony Falcone, Bill Newton, Husein Magomaevaboff, Roland Weudke among others. 

His 228 total points ranks him 17th all time in the GAMMA all time great list. He probably would of been much higher up this list if he had more volume, but after the retirement of Bwang, he got picked up by a new manager and his GAMMA run was short lived after that.

This induction also means Bwang has 3 fighters in the HoF, he also moved up one spot in the all time GAMMA greatest manager list, currently in 7th and just 3 points below Grumpy Bastard (102643) who has 936 points. 

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

Roar Horse HOF induction

Roar Horse (300196) was managed by Managed by Bear Stevenson. At his peak he reached #2 ranking in game and in 2020 was voted as the 265lbs+ fighter of the year. 

He originally started out as a kickboxing fighter but converted to MMA. After a short stint on the indy scene, he joined our GAMMA contenders where he had a dominant run, going 5-1 and earning himself a promotion to the main roster.

Eventually he ended up with a 18-8-0 record in GAMMA, with a total of 7 title fights. His total of 198 ranking points ranks him as the 26th greatest fighter of all time in GAMMA. He probably would of ranked higher, but Bear Stevenson went inactive at the time and Roar was eventually released. 

He had several major wins, his most notable ones were probably those over Sunray Spike, Evaristo Jesus, Thierry Paulin, Gorgon Zola, Andy Grabber, Hiro Manowaru, Franck Kodjia among others.

This induction is the first for Bear Stevenson, moving him into the 44th all time GAMMA manager list.

• 1 month later...

GAMMA End of the year awards

We are proud to announce that 4 fighters who competed in GAMMA during 2022 have been awarded in game awards!

145lbs Fighter of the year - Chamuaknoi Sitsongrit 
155lbs Fighter of the year - Rod "Demon" De Minaur 
205lbs Fighter of the Year - Joosep Lohmus 
265lbs+ Fighter of the Year - Karim "Carnage" Johnson 

Rod was the 155lbs title winner for GAMMA early in the year and then moved over the Combate and Syn, where he won titles there. 

Chamuaknoi Sitsongrit (325755) held the 145lbs title for the whole year until his 40s, losing the title after his manager also retired. Chamuaknoi Sitsongrit was also 3rd in the GAMMA voting for fighter of the year.

Joosep Lohmus is one of very few fighters in the game's history to win their division's best fighter 2 years in a row. He was the 2021 and 2022 205lbs fighter of the year. He was also 2 years in a row the runner up for the GAMMA fighter of the year.

Karim Johnson (347353) is also a 2 times winner of the best in his division. He won the 265+lbs fighter of the year in 2021 and in 2022. He was also the GAMMA fighter of the year for 2022. 

This means GAMMA has 6 divisions, 4 of those divisions ended up having one of our Champs win the award. 2022 was a good year for the Organization!

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

I am pround to announce Chamuaknoi Sitsongrit (325755) into our Hall of Fame! 

Chamuaknoi Sitsongrit (325755) is one of the greatest "little fighters" ever to compete in GAMMA and one of the greatest overall in GAMMA history. He is ranked #3 among former 145lbs fighters and #17 in the all time GAMMA list with a total of 246 points (technically he is joint #16th with Rufus McTearson (186694)). 

His 21-3-0 record is one of the highest winning % among fighters with 20+ wins. In fact he could be the highest all time in this category.

He competed in 16 title fights and 4 super fights, only 10 other fighters in GAMMA history have beating this total. 

He competed in GAMMA early in his career, but later left to be a long time PFC dominant champ. After winning the title and the organization folded, he moved to GAMMA. He was 17-2 during his return, including 10-0 and 8-0 streaks. 

He managed to reach #4 in game among all fighters and was voted 145lbs Division fighter of the year in 2022 and 3rd among all fighters in GAMMA in 2022. 

He had several high profile wins during his GAMMA run, including Obi Wan Kenobi, Do Ho Joy, Crush Bandicoot, Crush Bandicoot, Lincoln Storm, Darren Dixon among others.
  • Upvote 3

• 2 weeks later...

GAMMA Future plans

Hello to everyone!

GAMMA 1000 is around the door, as it our 14th birthday! Basically they are happening at the same time.

I disucssed a few months ago, about the idea of creating fewer divisions similar to how World Vale Tudo Fight League have. https://www.mmatycoon.com/orgpublic.php?oid=6893

They innitially started with just one open weight division, but now they run 3 divisions. They have had massive success with this concept and are currently one of the top 3 orgs in the game. 

I plan to follow the same formula, with some minor adjustments. These will be the divisions and weight limits:

Lightweight - (minimum weight 145lbs, maximum 169lbs).

Middleweight - (minimum weight 170lbs, maximum 204lbs).

Heavyweight - (205lbs and higher)

The main differences with World Vale Tudo Fight League (WVT) is that they have a 205lbs division instead of 185lbs, and they have no minimum weight for their lightweight division, but essentially they are the same divisions, LW/MW/HW. 

What changes will need to happen:

From a contract stand point, all 145lbs fighters will be moving to 155lbs, all 170lbs are moving to 185lbs and all 205lbs are moving to 265+. It is very easy to move down or up if you want to. In particular for 205lbs, they only need to lose 1lbs to join the 185lbs division. For May we will run everything as usual. I will resend current contracts new deals in the near future.

In June we will "unify the belts" which basically means the 145lbs champ will case the 155lbs champ, the 170lbs champ will fight the 185lbs champ and 205lbs will fight the 265+ champ. We will then vacate the 145lbs/170lbs/205lbs titles. 

Why is this done?

I was never a massive fan of having lots of divisions. We have 2 divisions less now. GAMMA was one of the last major orgs to add 265+, 155, 145 and then 135lbs divisions. We ended up merging 265 with 265+ and dropping 135lbs. As i said, i was never a fan of the many divisions and here is why.

Having lots of divisions basically means having a lot of "paper champs", what is the point in being the champ of a division which has 5-6 legit challengers? There will always just be 5-6 challengers at best, when you are running many divisions in the top level orgs and i am being very generous saying 5-6.

Some divisions are weaker than others and it also creates finding good matchups more difficult. Which means you often need to offer the same matchups within a few months.

I know there is this debate that lighter fighters have a "speed advantage", but that all depends on many other factors such as the matchup, style of fight, how good your chin is, the other fighters KO power etc. 

If we look at the results of WVT, there is no advantage for "lighter" fighters at all, in fact Alfred debated that he saw no clear difference and in some cases the Heavier fighters had an advantage, which is why he created 2x more divisions and went away from the openweight idea he had at the begining. 

Legacy 

As you know, i am crazy on the legacy part of this game. GAMMA has held 1000 events, so that is a lot of history. I have a very extensive database of the "greatest managers" and fighters and title reigns give additional points when comparing the all time greats. Specifically 4 points per title fight.

Starting from June 2023, all title fights will be worth 6 points, instead of 4 as now there is 2x less divisions, so obviously a title fight is worth more than before.

Conclusion

End of the day, you will never satisfy everyone, i know this. I generally think this will help spice things up, make things interesting. The game itself is obviously not at the old activity levels, so there is far fewer managers in general, especially top level fighters, so having fewer more compact divisions makes more sense. 

If anything, i have been running this ship for 14 years, anything to make things interesting is a plus at this point, maybe this will spice things up and keep me going a few more years 🙂

• Like 3
  • Upvote 3

14 hours ago, Mentor said:

If anything, i have been running this ship for 14 years, anything to make things interesting is a plus at this point, maybe this will spice things up and keep me going a few more years 🙂

Good luck amigo. Congrats on 1000 events.

No other org owner can make that claim, at least not with an individual org.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

GAMMA: Manager of the year

These are the top managers in GAMMA during the period (May 2022-May 2023) for various categories

This is using the GAMMA formula for rating performance, which is:

3 Points for a win
2 Points for a draw
1 Point for a loss
4 Points for a Title / Super fight

Note: Only managers who have won a GAMMA title are rated.

Manager of the year Total Points (Minimum 50 points)

Laz Staz (82447)            161
Carlos Castenada (84794)    138
Aleksey Nikulin (48376)        129
Joe River (13987)            128
Theksit Ruengruong (117485)    110
P J Jones (123962)        108
Bael Basileos (118359)        94
Runt . (108617)            91
Billy Arseworth (74054)        84
Rodrigo Rojas (101547)        78
Mike Hunt (39215)            72
Bloody Gutz (3074)        64
Henry Rollins (99742)        60
Ken Takahashi (51262)        54

Managers with Most Wins (10+)

Laz Staz (82447)            25
Joe River (13987)            25
Carlos Castenada (84794)    24
Aleksey Nikulin (48376)        23
Theksit Ruengruong (117485)    14
P J Jones (123962)        14
Bael Basileos (118359)        14
Runt . (108617)            14
Rodrigo Rojas (101547)        13
Billy Arseworth (74054)        11
Mike Hunt (39215)            11
Bloody Gutz (3074)        11
Henry Rollins (99742)        10

Manager with Most title/Super fights (3+)

Laz Staz (82447)            17
Theksit Ruengruong (117485)    17
Billy Arseworth (74054)        12
P J Jones (123962)        12
Bael Basileos (118359)        10
Carlos Castenada (84794)    8
Runt . (108617)            8
Whymer Van Mastodon (40116)    6
Aleksey Nikulin (48376)        6
Rodrigo Rojas (101547)        5
Ken Takahashi (51262)        5
Joe River (13987)            4
Action Jackson (123097)        3
Bloody Gutz (3074)        3
Henry Rollins (99742)        3
Mike Hunt (39215)            3

Top Managers with the highest winning % (12+ fights)

Theksit Ruengruong (117485) 0.82%
Ken Takahashi (51262) 0.75%
Billy Arseworth (74054) 0.73%
Laz Staz (82447) 0.71%
Bael Basileos (118359) 0.7%
Joe River (13987) 0.61%
Runt . (108617) 0.58%
Carlos Castenada (84794) 0.57%
Aleksey Nikulin (48376) 0.56%
Rodrigo Rojas (101547) 0.54%
Bloody Gutz (3074) 0.52%
Henry Rollins (99742) 0.5%
Alexander Biro (81823) 0.5%
Action Jackson (123097) 0.5%

Analysis

Laz had the best overral year, dominating most of the categories, but unlike previous years, the difference between the #2 and #8-9 on the list was actually very close. We can also see this with the total wins, where #1 and #4 had just 2 wins between themselves.

Henry Rollins (99742), Ken Takahashi (51262) and P J Jones (123962) were all totally new title winners in the past 12 months and will be future eligible to be nominated into the GAMMA Hall of Fame.

Theksit Ruengruong (117485), Joe River (13987) and Billy Arseworth (74054) have accumulated significant amounts of points and will likely be making it into the GAMMA HOF in the next 5-6 months.

Sad news is that several all time great GAMMA managers have retired from the game in the past 12 months. The most significant names are GAMMA HOF managers Power Shark (94407), Grumpy Bastard (102643) and the most sigificant being the all time greatest Whymer Van Mastodon (40116).

I plan to update the all time GAMMA manager list in the near future.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hello to all!

No i did not plan this, but it happens to be that our 1000th MMA event will take place this month on the 27th of May. Our very first event took place 14 years go on the first week of June! So we are breaking 2 records on the same week 🙂

Technically speaking, if you count the MT/K-1 events, we already have surpassed 1000 events, but if we are taking pure MMA events, it will be happening really soon!

For the GAMMA 14 years event i will be updating the all time greatest manager list, we should have several changes in the rankings. 

• Like 1