ITFL Season 4 Official Sign Up Thread

GBK16

Why dont you do a poll for both weight and ID restriction?

That way you will get what the community wants for the tourny

I couldn't agree more with you . That would be the most logic thing to do in my opinion.

as mentioned before from gbk, the Weightclass is already decided if i am not mistaken and that is Open Weight.

Is there a draft or something along with this? Is it like 40 fighters sign up, 8 managers 'buy in' to own a team and then draft out the 40 fighters?

That is an actual awesome idea, means that the teams would be more even compared to previous ones where there were clear favs.

As far as the weight things goes, you could always do it so there are 2 lighter weight fighters (145-170) and then 3 heavyweight fighters (185+). Just means there are less match up possibilities but gives everyone a chance to compete.

So you mean 8 managers who pay the entry fee and draft teams? If so, I'm eager to pay the entry fee and be part of the draft

Yeah 8 guys buy in, there are a pool of 40 fighters available to draft, each team must have two smaller fighters and three heavy fighters.

I mean we seen how much excitement the draft had last time, this time would be the same. You could also up how much it costs to own a team which would give a bigger prize pool (i think 500k per team would be nice).

Yeah 8 guys buy in, there are a pool of 40 fighters available to draft, each team must have two smaller fighters and three heavy fighters.

I mean we seen how much excitement the draft had last time, this time would be the same. You could also up how much it costs to own a team which would give a bigger prize pool (i think 500k per team would be nice).

I think this idea would actually be the best thing to go with right now. Will adjust the OP to reflect this. I'll just keep the buy in at 250k for now until more opinions are given about that part. I would say people who are interested in buying a Team can feel free to post their interest in it whenever they want.

I think this idea would actually be the best thing to go with right now. Will adjust the OP to reflect this. I'll just keep the buy in at 250k for now until more opinions are given about that part. I would say people who are interested in buying a Team can feel free to post their interest in it whenever they want.

nice one, so that is what 16 midgets and 24 big men, once you get the ID restriction sorted (i assume its gonna be 225 or 230k), you can start getting the fighters in.

I'd also either put my name in the hat for buying a team, either that or i'd enter a heavy, perhaps both.

nice one, so that is what 16 midgets and 24 big men, once you get the ID restriction sorted (i assume its gonna be 225 or 230k), you can start getting the fighters in.

Yeah that's the plan. ID voting closes tomorrow at 12pm (Assuming I am awake before then as I have a bit of a late night tonight) so that part will be sorted and the fighters can start signing up.

This is a very intriguing idea, part of me likes it and part doesn't but will wait for more comments before passing final judgement. Also interested to see which 8 managers step up to purchase/captain the teams as that could also lead to great drama.

This is a very intriguing idea, part of me likes it and part doesn't but will wait for more comments before passing final judgement. Also interested to see which 8 managers step up to purchase/captain the teams as that could also lead to great drama.

Like someone from Vendetta drafting a LOD fighter, yeah that would be hilarious.

I already have the schedule sorted for the tournament also which will be posted once the teams are in place. Once the teams are decided, they will randomly be given a letter between A - H which determined what teams they are in a group with and in what order they fight.

I will have a fighter for this no matter which ID range it is. I am a little worried about 240K though, might be too young still. In the past seasons we usually got up to 15-20K ID younger than the limit to sign up for it which would mean 255-260K ID guys would be in it & that's really going to be pushing it.

People have to remember that this season lasts over 6 months long which is 2 yrs of your best learning that you will only be getting about 12 sessions of training between fights. So it's usually best to get guys that are 3/4 of the way developed already so they only have things that need touched up for a few months at the end of the tournament.

I will have a fighter for this no matter which ID range it is. I am a little worried about 240K though, might be too young still. In the past seasons we usually got up to 15-20K ID younger than the limit to sign up for it which would mean 255-260K ID guys would be in it & that's really going to be pushing it.

People have to remember that this season lasts over 6 months long which is 2 yrs of your best learning that you will only be getting about 12 sessions of training between fights. So it's usually best to get guys that are 3/4 of the way developed already so they only have things that need touched up for a few months at the end of the tournament.

Agreed. I also think it would be a lot more interesting fighting with complete or almost complete fighters rather than fighters who, lets be honest, still have some weaknesses in their game.

Draft picks? sounds like GoNY :shades: I actually agree that the Id should be lower even though i currently don't have a guy in that range... To the FA market we go!

Not sure that 220k and 225k should be an option. Last season was 209k, and some fighters were in that 220-225k range, so I would say that 230k should be the best bet right now (it's just my opinion, would just seem weird to see a fighter in there twice in a row).

Well then a new role, no Fighter can enter twice in the tourney/competition :P. Of course with approval of the boss :D

Sorry about the lateness of this, head is a bit fuddled after a day of referendum voting and shit

Votes close with 230k having the most votes with 10 votes, and 225k in Second place with 8 votes.

Since this was pretty close, I wanted opinions on if the 230k guys would be cool with it being 225k, or if that would be a deal breaker for them?

As for the teams, you can now put in entries, buy the teams, and volunteer to be a captain of a team. I would like to retain the ITFL's previous format, and allow people to enter as a team if they wish, with the draft occurring for those who don't have a designated team but want to participate. Since this is Openweight, nobody wants there to just be a load of the same fighter dominating, so the entries are as follows:

Each team must have a quota of weights to fill. These quotas will be designed so teams have a mixture of weights to choose from. What are the opinions on the weight cut off? I was thinking anywhere between 185-200lbs, so you would need 2 fighters under that weight, and 2 fighters over that weight. The 5th fighter can be either. I will be keeping an eye on fighters throughout the tournament to ensure they remain on their side of the weight cut off.

Scheduling I have so far for the setting up is:

- ID to be decided (Almost complete)

- Entries to be made, Teams to be purchased

- After all entries are in, and teams are bought, the entries without a designated team will be entered into a draft. Now, the picking order will start with the team with the fewest amount of fighters while slowly moving down the line. A more detailed description will be made when it comes to that time, as well as a picking order to make it easier for the teams.

- After the teams have been completed with drafting, the scheduling will be posted and there will be plenty of time for the fighters to fulfil any fights/obligations they have with their current orgs before joining the tournament.

So going from the earlier points, just a few things need to be decided still

> Are the 230k voters okay with 225k being the ID, or is it 230k or nothing?

> What should the weight cut off point be?

> Lastly, is anybody interested in Captaining a team, as well as anybody interested in Buying/Sponsoring a team? You can still Sponsor a team even if you don't have an entry, and you could net a cool $1m if your team wins.

As you know already, I want to pay the entry fee for a team .

I am hoping that all fighters will be in the draft. That makes it far more interesting in my opinion and less complicated. If full teams already enter with nothing but top managers and beasts in it, and only the average ones are without a team, then there is not much fun in doing a draft for the team captains .

• Upvote 1