I've read on a few forum topics that before anything else, new fighters should get thier conditioning up to wonderful. Is the best way to do that to just train cardio in every slot?

Depending upon the level of Conditioning initially, that will most determine how much Cardio your fighter can handle in consecutive sessions. For example, if you give your fighter the minimu, 10, then it's possible your fighter will need 3 or even 4 sessions of No Training if you have Cardio training back to back. Let's say on Monday AM and PM, you schedule Cardio. By Tuesday AM your fighter's energy level may fall below 90%, which as far as I can tell, hinders the benefits of any training. If you rest the fighter that Tuesday AM, or have him train and rest him Tuesday PM, some of his energy will recoup during Tuesday PM.

Also, ensure you purchase a supplement for your figther that either increases his stamina or reduces the amount of energy loss when you train Cardio, be it just Cardio, or a training session with a Coach who offers General, Speed, Agility or Balance. If and when you train with a Coach, any training will have overall benefits on your Physical stats, especially the ones that are specific (everything but General).

Other managers, please correct me if I'm wrong as I've only been playing for about 1 week.

I've read on a few forum topics that before anything else, new fighters should get thier conditioning up to wonderful. Is the best way to do that to just train cardio in every slot?

Getting condition up is key to getting the best out of training, and giving your fighter a fair chance in a match.

How you go about that depends on what sort of fighter you are building.

A older, immediately fight ready (usually 25 year old) fighter should go and do all cardio, doing your best to keep his conditioning no lower than 85% and preferably over 90 (although it is not always possible).

An 18 year old who will be in training for several weeks/months will often start with 110 conditioning and go straight into other training to maximise their potential.

Basically agree with the above two posters, but I must add that cardio is the most important skill you have, pretty much. Doing like YellaDragon said is largely accurate. I do this regardless of the fighter build:

Put the minimum points into conditioning at creation then spam train it to Wonderful or Exceptional while taking the highest rated Increase Stamina supplement I can find. I prefer Punishment, but there are others that are just as good. You will need to carefully monitor your fighters current energy to make sure it is above 90% at all times. It is a very rare thing to have it slip below 90% for me... about the only way it dips that low is from a fight. Almost never from training unless I try and squeeze one more session out before resting.

When Energy hits 90% or so then rest (set to no training) until you are back to 100%. It would probably be in your best interest (especially if you are not a rich manager) to remember to stop taking the supplement while you are resting. Then resume training Cardio until you hit Wonderful or Exceptional repeating the rest sessions as needed. Don;t forget to start taking your supps again after resuming training.

P.S.: CardiffWanderer is also correct. If you are taking an older fighter that you just want to toss into the cage straight away, then you would want to follow his approach for that older fighter. I disagree with his take on the younger fighter starting with maxed out Conditioning though. While it is the most important stat it is also the easiest to raise, with Strength being the second most important and easiest. That said I would max out the older, ready-to-fight fighters Conditioning, but not the younger one.

A veteran manager once did a post that broke down, mathematically why it is better to start with minimum Conditioning then train it up then the other way. Done the way I laid out it puts points into the other physicals that are more difficult to raise and makes it much faster to get them to higher levels then through dumping points into the Conditioning and Strength straight away...

Again, depending upon what your beginning Cardio rating is, I would recommend at least 4-5 sessions per week, with the proper rest and supplementation regiment described above. From what I can tell, the best way to answer that is to have your fighter train 3 cardio sessions in a row, be it strictly Cardio or with a conditioning Coach, then see where your fighter's energy level is. Below 90%, take a session of No Training and uncheck Vending so you don't waste the supplement during that No Training session.

As usual, other more experienced managers will chime in to help, but I'm trying to offer what I've seen as a noob.

If you plan to fight him soon then I would say yes, that's low. I've been told by a few well-respected and accomplished managers that cardio should at LEAST be Superb (90 - 99), but preferrably Wonderful (110 - 119) before seriously considering having your fighter begin in-ring action. Obviously some managers begin their fighter with the full 110 investment on Cardio so they train other Physicals immediately.

See if you can find assistance with Slider settings. Your opponent's Conditioning may not be as good but if it is, or better, then you'll definitely have to adjust your Sliders to adjust for that as best as possible.

well, for starters your opponents manager hasn't logged in for a few days so he may not change his sliders from last fight.

2nd: his fighter is low on moral and energy and also has to fly to the fight, he will likely lose 28% energy on that flight and add that will already being low on energy he will likely come into the fight at less then 50%.

3rd looking at the weight cut ability of each fighter they look similar so opponent probably has about the same cardio as yours, but will come in way low on energy.

What Dufus said is spot on. As far as your original question... Train nothing but Cardio until it is at least Wonderful (12/110) Make every session Cardio until it is there. The only time you should not be training cardio is when you are at less than 90% energy, then you should be doing no training for a session or two to until you are back to 100% or damn close...

yes, it will but since the gain is spread out over agiltiy, balance, speed, strength, and conditioning: I feel your better off to use an energy sup in that case to save energy. unless at the end of the week where you don't train on sunday and have enough energy to not drop below 90% after sat PM session

yes, it will but since the gain is spread out over agiltiy, balance, speed, strength, and conditioning: I feel your better off to use an energy sup in that case to save energy. unless at the end of the week where you don't train on sunday and have enough energy to not drop below 90% after sat PM session

Pretty much this... I don't generally do CT's until well after I have some of my other Secondaries worked up to where they need to be. My first priority is always Conditioning of course, I get it to Wonderful at the bare minimum and usually to Exceptional. Then I crank my Strength up to Wonderful or Exceptional by spam training it while taking a Muscle Bulk Supplement. Then I pick one offensive Primary to work on and I put a heavy focus on it while sprinkling in the occasional other skills. Including my defensive skills which are all about as high as they can be from the outset. I take Recovery supps pretty much exclusively after that point in my fighters careers. They then work on their main Offensive skill and mix in Sparring, and enough of the other skills to put off the depops and still actually gain in them.

Basically agree with the above two posters, but I must add that cardio is the most important skill you have, pretty much. Doing like YellaDragon said is largely accurate. I do this regardless of the fighter build:

Put the minimum points into conditioning at creation then spam train it to Wonderful or Exceptional while taking the highest rated Increase Stamina supplement I can find. I prefer Punishment, but there are others that are just as good. You will need to carefully monitor your fighters current energy to make sure it is above 90% at all times. It is a very rare thing to have it slip below 90% for me... about the only way it dips that low is from a fight. Almost never from training unless I try and squeeze one more session out before resting.

When Energy hits 90% or so then rest (set to no training) until you are back to 100%. It would probably be in your best interest (especially if you are not a rich manager) to remember to stop taking the supplement while you are resting. Then resume training Cardio until you hit Wonderful or Exceptional repeating the rest sessions as needed. Don;t forget to start taking your supps again after resuming training.

P.S.: CardiffWanderer is also correct. If you are taking an older fighter that you just want to toss into the cage straight away, then you would want to follow his approach for that older fighter. I disagree with his take on the younger fighter starting with maxed out Conditioning though. While it is the most important stat it is also the easiest to raise, with Strength being the second most important and easiest. That said I would max out the older, ready-to-fight fighters Conditioning, but not the younger one.

A veteran manager once did a post that broke down, mathematically why it is better to start with minimum Conditioning then train it up then the other way. Done the way I laid out it puts points into the other physicals that are more difficult to raise and makes it much faster to get them to higher levels then through dumping points into the Conditioning and Strength straight away...

I'm very interested to see the math on this idea.

In my trials since my return, it took 28 sessions to go from useless to wonderful in cardio. Evenly distributed, this fighter (neither of these two will ever fight) has an average of 44 or Mediocre -. In that time, a fighter with 110 conditioning, 1 strength and the rest evenly distributed that works out at Woeful - were at Competent + in that time with strength at Mediocre - -.

Adding strength training to the situation (which is yet to be completed for my test purposes) has shown a bigger difference. The 110 conditioning fighter has got to proficient + in all skills (strength has now basically caught up).

Obviously this is a practical test where all the variables cannot be fully controlled. Still the second fighter looks far more impressive on paper than his sibling.

You're welcome and believe me, the questions you ask are ones that are common and there's no problem with getting a refresher course, even from the managers who have been playing for years. Like yourself, I'm new to the game and any knowledge that helps me improve and understand this game and my fighters is all good with me.

CW, Myron Monroe is the one who broke it all down... it was an eye opener for me I used to max out Strength and Conditioning and my other Physicals were greatly reduced as a result... but with more of the starting points being put into the other Physicals then my guys since that point have all been absolute beasts. Due to the amount of time I had to devote to building up the Physicals of my first round of fighters they are severely lacking in skills compared to other fighters of the same ID range. That coupled with the fact that the training facilities I had access to at that time were substandard public gyms, left me far behind many of the other players of the game .

My slider skills are my saving grace, the only real reason I am able to compete really. I have seen some highly experienced managers still TD spamming and sub spamming to try and get the win. Relying on their higher Primaries and more skill points alone to secure the win. Sometimes that is enough, but I have often been able to surprise these guys because of smart Slider settings that capitalize on their stupid settings.

IT does in fact take about 28 session to go from Abysmal to high Wonderful or Exceptional give or take a few. And another 30 or so to get Strength up as well, but the other Physicals are so hard to train up (comparatively speaking) that with them starting at Proficient or so makes it better all around for the rapid development of the fighter.

Granted this precludes that fighter fighting at all for a while. This is strictly project fighters here meaning that they will likely be ding fuck all for 24 weeks or so. Maybe more. The new template builds Mike put in for fighters might not be a bad way to go if you wanna just jump straight into it I guess. They do look fairly reasonable. I don't make well rounded fighters ready to fight out the gate any more... I prefer to give them time to develop into something kinda scary first...

:showoff: :shades:

Warwynd, has there been a mathematical breakdown of fighters who have high intelligence and the number of sessions involved to accomplish the ratings you've listed? Do the ratings you list tend to be a general measurement of physical skill boosts?