Takedowns/Clinch

XxxtremeT13

So...This all revolves around takedowns

When standing higher takedown Offense, speed and of course wrestling improves your chances of landing a takedown (not factoring in the opponents skill sets)

When in the clinch higher strength, clinch and wrestling improve your control of the clinch itself and then MT adds to this, but also determines how successful landing strikes in clinch is (I believe that's how that works)

Now, when in the clinch how much does takedown offense play into landing a takedown in clinch, is it the same as staying on the outside and shooting for a takedown or is it slightly less with more importance around strength and maybe speed?

I'm just trying to determine how much a role is played in securing a takedown from clinch based on takedown offense, wrestling, speed, strength, MT...etc?

So...This all revolves around takedowns

When standing higher takedown Offense, speed and of course wrestling improves your chances of landing a takedown (not factoring in the opponents skill sets)

When in the clinch higher strength, clinch and wrestling improve your control of the clinch itself and then MT adds to this, but also determines how successful landing strikes in clinch is (I believe that's how that works)

Now, when in the clinch how much does takedown offense play into landing a takedown in clinch, is it the same as staying on the outside and shooting for a takedown or is it slightly less with more importance around strength and maybe speed?

I'm just trying to determine how much a role is played in securing a takedown from clinch based on takedown offense, wrestling, speed, strength, MT...etc?

Not at all :)

So...If takedown offense has no role in securing a takedown from clinch, then it is solely based on the level of strength, clinchwork and wrestling skill? Is the same to be said of defending from a takedown in clinch or does takedown defense play a role in this case?

If I'm not mistaken, both offensive and defensive takedowns in the clinch are based on the 3 skills you mentioned.

Was unsure myself but I see it in the wiki now: http://www.mmatycoon.info/index.php?title=Fighter_skills

Thanks, that's very interesting, but I'm going to go ahead and call bullshit on that info. http://mmatycoon.com/fighterprofilemanager.php?FID=280337 - has Feeble TD, pulls guard at 30% success rate against Elite level wrestlers w/ Elite TDD. Something doesn't add up.

Thanks, that's very interesting, but I'm going to go ahead and call bullshit on that info. http://mmatycoon.com/fighterprofilemanager.php?FID=280337 - has Feeble TD, pulls guard at 30% success rate against Elite level wrestlers w/ Elite TDD. Something doesn't add up.

Perhaps pulling guard doesn't apply? I always thought BJJ, clinch and strength for pulling guard. Interesting info you provided as 30% is high considering the skills involved.

• Upvote 1

Perhaps pulling guard doesn't apply? I always thought BJJ, clinch and strength for pulling guard. Interesting info you provided as 30% is high considering the skills involved.

Ye, I completely forgot that pull guard inside the clinch isn't the only way to go to the ground, but you can do takedowns too. Guess that makes sense then.