"Dissolution Fighting Championship (Vegas) - Official Smack Talk Thread".

BlueFalcon

DFC: Mayhem 3 (29 July 2016 – The Underground, Las Vegas) Preview and Predictions – Written by Gabe T.S. Gardner (112290)
To bet on these fights, use “Knockout Bets”
Sponsored by “Bad Company” fight wear.

The third edition of DFC Mayhem will see the company crown its first ever welterweight champion, as two undefeated fighters in Teddy Bremner and Gerard Butler square off, atop of a stacked card.

Fight 1
Teddy “T Dog” 5-0-0 vs Gerard “The Bounty Hunter” Butler 4-0-0: 5 Rounds of 5 Minutes for the DFC – Las Vegas Welterweight Championship

Two undefeated welterweights are set to do battle in our main event of the evening when Bremner and Butler meet. Bremner has won three of his previous fights via decision, two were split, showing that he is a capable tactical fighter with an instinct to win rounds and use intelligence alongside his fighting prowess. He will need to be on top form however, as he takes on a veritable knockout artist in Butler, a man who has knocked out his four opponents ALL inside round 1, in a combined time of 3:55 seconds, which is in less time than it took Bremner to win his first fight.

Bremner is going to have to string together a punch perfect performance here if he is to have a chance to win, but I cannot see him getting past the ferocious striking ability of Butler at this stage in his career, and can see him being sent out in the first round.

Gabe T.S. Gardner’s Prediction: (W) Gerard Butler, Round 1 (TKO/KO)

Fight 2
Right Knee 2-0-0 vs Henry Teller 2-0-0: 3 Rounds of 5 Minutes 155lbs

This fight will put together to almost equally skilled muay thai fighters, in a fight that will almost certainly see someone being left sprawled along the canvas. Knee gives up a little bit in the reach and height department to Teller, and both have demonstrated strong chins, with Knee’s really being tested in his second fight which went the distance, where he won by UD.

Due to the fact that we have seen Knee go the distance, and show that he does have the cardio and chin to take him that far, I think that might just give him the edge here, although one errant punch either way could settle this one.

Gabe T.S. Gardner’s Prediction: (W) Right Knee, Round 3 (SD/UD)

Fight 3
Rocky “Italian Etalon” Balboa 0-1-0 v Steve Jackson 2-0-0: 3 Rounds of 5 Minutes 205lbs

This light heavyweight bout is almost a forgone conclusion in my opinion, as Jackson has clearly the better repertoire of the two, knocking his first opponent out and forcing a submission after strikes in his second, he is one scary dude in the clinch. Balboa, however is the better boxer of the two, and will have to rely on keeping Jackson away with his jab, bobbing in and out with combinations if he wants to take this one, but one slip up and Jackson could be all over him.

I think this can only go one way, a Jackson knockout early.

Gabe T.S. Gardner’s Prediction: (W) Steve Jackson, Round 1 (TKO/KO)

Fight 4
Tomas “Tompa” Lindberg 2-0-0 v Dyllan “Denim Dan” Fugatt 2-1-0: 3 Rounds of 5 Minutes 145lbs

Fugatt will be looking to get back on track after suffering a decision loss on his organisation debut, back in early July as he takes on the undefeated Lindberg. I would call Fugatt the more well-rounded of the two, having demonstrated decent skills in Muay Thai, boxing and wrestling – showing that he has a solid all round skillset.

Lindberg however, is more proficient in Boxing and wrestling, showcasing scary knockout power, finishing his first two opponents inside a minute each and winning a KO of the night honours for the later. This could be an entertaining back and forth spectacle, but I believe Lindberg has impressed me more than Fugatt in the fights I have seen on him, and think that he just won’t have what it takes to get the job done.

Gabe T.S. Gardner’s Prediction: (W) Tomas Lindberg, Round 1 (TKO/KO)

Fight 5
Shane Myres 1-1-0 v “Neck Break Orchestra” Joe Reealopubo 2-0-0: 3 Rounds of 5 Minutes 145lbs

After losing his title fight earlier at DFC Fight Night 1, Myres will want to put himself back into title contention as soon as possible with a victory over Reealopubo here tonight, as the brown-belt ranked Kansas City native will look to avoid sliding down the rankings any further. The key for Myres MUST be to not try and compete with Reealopubo’s striking game, as he is severely outmatched, but lure him into a vulnerable position and try for the submission. If he tries to out strike him I think he will be in for a short but very painful evening.

Reealopubo has won his first two fights by decision, but will be looking for that highlight reel finish to add to his resume, and I think will try and stop Myres early on, overwhelming him with strikes in the clinch. Myres has a very solid chin however, and I think he may stand the onslaught, but lose via decision.

Gabe T.S. Gardner’s Prediction: (W) Joe Reealopubo, Round 3 (SD/UD)

Fight 6
Antonio Silva 0-0-0 v Daniel Al 0-0-0: 3 Rounds of 5 Minutes 265lbs

Two heavyweight fighters will debut tonight, so the result will be very much in the air and hard to predict, but based on what I have heard in camps and looking at their physical stats, Al has a significant height and reach advantage, as well as having the more well-rounded skillset, whereas Silva is apparently predominately more trained in amateur wrestling. The finish will be extremely difficult to predict, but I think Al will take it via knockout in the first or second.

Gabe T.S. Gardner’s Prediction: (W) Daniel Al, Round 1 (TKO/KO)

Fight 7
Dion “Brain Freeze” Jones 1-0-0 v Hari “The Kraken” Kunwar 3-1-0: 3 Rounds of 5 Minutes 155lbs

A very intriguing fight and a real test for the younger Jones, will see Hari Kunwar look to continue his recent hot streak of three consecutive wins in the first round by submission. An equaliser here could be that Jones is also ranked as a purple belt in BJJ and both will have similar levels of ability, while Kunwar is the superior wrestler, if he doesn’t concentrate on the ground, he could very well walk into a submission applied by Jones.

I think that Jones gameplan will have to be to use his significant striking advantage over Kunwar to knock him out, but I don’t see him being quick enough to get it done, taking until the third round in his first fight to finish it, and I can see Kunwar taking Jones to the ground, not letting him up and claiming his fourth victory in a row.

Gabe T.S. Gardner’s Prediction: (W) Hari Kunwar, Round 1 (SUB)

Fight 8
Hundo “Barracuda” Varga 1-0-0 v Hector “The Spanish Assassin” Diaz 1-2-0: 3 Rounds of 5 Minutes 205lbs

Two advanced users of BJJ and amateur wrestling will look to outthink and out-grapple their opponent in what I think will be a sleeper hit for fight of the night. Diaz will be looking to recover from his knockout loss at the hands of Henry Teller, but will be tasked with stopping the highly impressive in their debut Varga, who won via knockout in their first fight. This fight is very even on paper, but I think that Diaz is the more tactical of the two and will be able to manoeuvre his smaller body better in the fight, grab the longer limbs of Varga and tie him up in a submission.

This one could go either way, but my money is on Diaz in round 1.

Gabe T.S. Gardner’s Prediction: (W) Hector Diaz, Round 1 (SUB)

Fight 9
Rhys Crowder 0-0-0 v “Ruthless” Robbie Lawler 1-2-0: 3 Rounds of 5 Minutes 170lbs

Lawler needs to make an impression on his DFC debut if he is to swim with the sharks in the welterweight division, and to do that he will need to get past highly touted youth prospect “Rhys Crowder” in his first fight. Crowder is set to have incredible boxing ability for a MMA amateur fighter, and will need to use it in full effect against the good boxing ability of his opponent. One skill that Lawler does possess in abundance over Crowder is his wrestling ability, and I think he needs to centre his game plan around this, smother Crowder on the ground and look to send him out there in a flurry of strikes.

As I think Lawler is most likely going to try and fight this standing up however, I think he will be out boxed by the superior striker in Crowder, and could be out cold in the first round.

Gabe T.S. Gardner’s Prediction: (W) Rhys Crowder, Round 1 (TKO/KO)

Fight 10
Lucas Niguez 0-1-0 v Shawn “The Immortal” Johnson 0-0-0 (One NC): 3 Rounds of 5 Minutes 135lbs

Johnson will be eagerly anticipating making his professional debut, after being denied the chance when his first opponent, Terry Crews failed to make weight for the fight. He is set to take on Lucas Niguez, who will want to recover after his UD defeat in his debut, and bounce back with a win in his DFC debut.

While Niguez is the more rounded of the two, he really unimpressed me in his debut, and it would have to take a very unspectacular performance from Johnson to not come away with a win here. As Johnson completely outmatches Niguez in striking ability, I think he will KO him in round 1.

Gabe T.S. Gardner’s Prediction: (W) Shawn Johnson, Round 1 (TKO/KO)

A welterweight title fight caps a stacked card here at Mayhem 3, and the 145lbs division could have a new number one contender before all is said and done with both Lindberg and Reealopubo, numbers #1 and #2 in action. This is a must see event, and you can catch it on the 29th of July 2016.

Written by Gabe T.S. Gardner (112290)

• Upvote 1

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/30/30b19.jpg

Liam Fitzpatrick (290416)

"Upon becoming the inaugural DFC-LV Bantamweight Champion I thought to myself, what kind of Champion do I want to be? Do I want to be respectful? Courteous? Encouraging? FUCK. THAT. Daren Greeley you low life scum. Even your parents don't care about you enough to spell your name correctly Daren. You got your arse kicked by the guy whose arse I just kicked. And yet here you are thinking you have a chance against me. Either that or you don't value your own life. Good luck with your post fighting career! There's some encouragement for you."

Mr. Fitzpatrick you are a true champion and Greeley will need to bring his "A" game when he steps in the cage with you. I will make sure to have extra medics on standby at this fight as there is a great potential for injury before all is said and done.

• Upvote 1

Not sure what has happened to Mayhem 3, it just kind of disappeared. The fighters are still showing they have an upcoming fight and I've sent a message to Mike Tycoon. Hopefully he can fix it.

This happened a couple of weeks ago. Mike came on and pushed the fight cards to the next day so hopefully both your events will run tomorrow. Worst case is they both get pushed a day i guess.

DFC: Sin City 2 (30 July 2016 – Wild Bob’s Bar, Las Vegas) Preview and Predictions – Written by Gabe T.S. Gardner (112290)

Sin City 2 Will take place in Wild Bob’s Bar, Las Vegas as Andre Hendrix prepares to make the first defence of his 145lbs title against challenger Dmitry Muratov. We have a thoroughly exciting card to run down so let’s get to it!

Fight 1
Andre “The Prodigy” Hendrix 4-1-0 vs Dmitry Muratov 4-3-0: 5 Rounds of 5 Minutes for the DFC – Las Vegas Featherweight Championship

Hendrix defends his title against the more experienced Muratov here tonight, and this fight is almost certainly going to end with somebody tapping out.

Hendrix has more mastery over both amateur wrestling and BJJ, earning a brown-belt ranking. Muratov is no slouch either, ranking as a purple belt and holding a Submission of the night honour for his troubles.

Muratov may have the edge in experience, but that is about all he has over “The Prodigy” and I expect Hendrix to start off his string of title defences with a decisive early victory.

Gabe T.S. Gardner’s Prediction: (W) Andre Hendrix, Round 1 (SUB)

Fight 2
Avon “The Towers” Barksalot 3-0-0 vs Erik Larson 2-0-0: 3 Rounds of 5 Minutes 185lbs

This is the fight I am most anticipating, while there are many fights scheduled that genuinely are near unpredictable, this one stands out as having two masters of their craft on a collision course to remember.

Larson, 2-0-0 has a tremendous ground game. With great wrestling ability and a Brown belt in BJJ, if Barksalot finds himself on the ground he will need to right himself up ASAP or he will be finished in seconds.

Barksalot in contrast, is a fantastic striker, with tremendous boxing ability and developed Muay Thai technique, he will be looking to blitz Larson out of there in the first round, because as the fight drags on, he will become more susceptible to the traps set by Larson. As good as he is, I think Barksalot will get a little too confident in their striking ability and find himself trapped in a submission scenario he doesn’t have the skills to escape.

Gabe T.S. Gardner’s Prediction: (W) Erik Larson, Round 3 (SUB)

Fight 3
Gabriel “The Saint” De Angelico 2-1-0 v Prince Rogers Nelson 4-0-0: 3 Rounds of 5 Minutes 170lbs

De Angelico seems to have been thrown to the sharks in this Welterweight bout, as it seems to be sink or swim time for the Vatican City native, taking on Prince Rogers Nelson, riding a hot streak of four consecutive wins and making his DFC debut.

“The Saint” Is more or less a straight up brawler, and I think he will have immense trouble dealing with the discipline and Muay Thai ability of Nelson, and will find himself on the wrong end of a beating.

Gabe T.S. Gardner’s Prediction: (W) Prince Rogers Nelson, Round 1 (TKO/KO)

Fight 4
“The Korean Hobo” Chi Gu 2-0-0 v “Rowdy” Rodney Mack 1-0-0: 3 Rounds of 5 Minutes 205lbs

Both Mack and Gu will make their DFC debuts here tonight in a close call of a light heavyweight bout.

Gu has exhibited great wrestling technique and ferocious ground and pound, sending his previous two opponents out in a storm of strikes in the first round.
Mack has one fight to his name, but showcased his striking ability to maximum effect, winning by TKO in just 37 seconds.

If Gu can wrestle Mack to the ground and keep him there, he has him dead to rights, but I don’t know if he is well equipped enough to defend against the Striking ability of Mack, and therefore I think “Rowdy” Rodney has this one.

Gabe T.S. Gardner’s Prediction: (W) Rodney Mack, Round 1 (TKO/KO)

Fight 5
Junior Silva 2-2-0 v Chat “The Cat” 0-1-0: 3 Rounds of 5 Minutes 145lbs

Very simple decision for me, I think Silva is far to talented for Watts, and his Muay Thai and wrestling ability will see him dominate this bout. Watts is no slouch, and has a well-rounded game, but he isn’t good enough in my mind to trouble Silva.

Silva to win inside round one is my prediction.

Gabe T.S. Gardner’s Prediction: (W) Junior Silva, Round 1 (TKO/KO)

Fight 6
King Dong 2-0-0 v Robbie “Twang” Billie 1-1-0: 3 Rounds of 5 Minutes 265lbs

Two heavyweight fighters will debut for DFC tonight, King Dong I feel has the advantage, having a tremendous wrestling background and decent striking ability, Billie may have a more well-rounded game, with good Muay Thai and Boxing ability and decent wrestling, but I don’t think he will be able to stack up against the skills of Dong.

This fight could go the distance and I think it will, with Dong’s hand being raised in victory.

Gabe T.S. Gardner’s Prediction: (W) King Dong, Round 3 (SD/UD)

Fight 7
Georgie “Jack Knife” Porgie 3-3-0 v “Reborn Hero” Soloman Palmer 0-0-0: 3 Rounds of 5 Minutes 170lbs

Porgie will have to take on highly touted newcomer Palmer, who is making both his DFC and Proffesional debut, Porgie has a good all round game and is far more balanced than the “Reborn Hero” who’s striking game is a lot less effective.

That said, I think Palmers wrestling and BJJ skills could pose an immense threat to Porgie, and I think he will have to remain vigilant against his takedowns, but I think he has too much quality for his opponent.

I think he will take this one by knockout.

Gabe T.S. Gardner’s Prediction: (W) Georgie Porgie, Round 1 (TKO/KO)

Fight 8
Sunfire “The Relic” Jones 2-0-0 v Happy “Angry Hockey Player” Gilmore 1-1-0: 3 Rounds of 5 Minutes 265lbs

This heavy weight fight sure be one to set off fireworks, because at this weight division, every shot could put somebody down. Gilmore is advanced in Wrestling and Muay Thai, whereas Jones is a strong boxer and decent in wrestling. Both fighters I feel will try to win this fight standing up and I would have to give the edge in that department to Jones.

While this one is close, and could go either way – I think Jones will take this.

Gabe T.S. Gardner’s Prediction: (W) Sunfire Jones, Round 1 (TKO/KO)

Fight 9
Basil “Southcutt” Super 0-0-0 v Robb “The Wolf” Stark 1-1-0: 3 Rounds of 5 Minutes 155lbs

Stark will want to bounce back after a loss at Fight Night 1, and has the skillset to do so, having a better overall striking game than his opponent, but being outmatched only slightly in the wrestling and BJJ department.

“Soutcutt” is most likely to fight standing up however, and there I think he will create his own downfall, and will be sent out in the first round. He needs a bit more experience if he is to fight competitors the skill level of Stark in the future.

Gabe T.S. Gardner’s Prediction: (W) Rhys Crowder, Round 1 (TKO/KO)

Fight 10
“Hyena” Jack Mason 2-1-0 v Luis “Crazy Luis” Maldonaldo 0-1-0: 3 Rounds of 5 Minutes 180lbs

Both fighters are near identically matched on paper, but Mason has impressed me moreso than his counterpart, beating his previous two opponents by knockout, and losing his only fight when he bafflingly took on a heavyweight. While Maldonaldo does have good skills, he hasn’t put them into effect, losing his first fight to an opponent he really should have beat via UD.

With this in mind I think Mason will be the more focused and tactially sound of the two and therefore I give this one to him.

Gabe T.S. Gardner’s Prediction: (W) Jack Mason, Round 1 (TKO/KO)

A featherweight title fight caps off a thrilling card at Sin City two here in Las Vegas, as DFC continues to impress early on in its lifespan – taking hold of the state of Nevada one step at a time.

• Upvote 1

Hari Kunwar: Okay okay okay, I may have just been completley screwed in my last fight by two incompetant judges, but I'm not letting ANYONE leapfrog me in this division, I want Dmitry Muratov for my next fight, and I want to show our, so called "Champion" how to finish someone early, and not drag it out into a boring fight. that snooze of a bout in a title fight? takes skill...

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Jack Mason: AND THE HYPE TRAIN KEEEPS RUNNING! Who's next? I think Rauga Pascal could make a very attractive punching bag...unless of course he loses to big tasty. I want the winner of that fight.

• Upvote 1

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/posters/1469178517MAYHEM%203.PNG

Recap by Jay Lawrence

After riots in the streets of Vegas which initiated over at Bravado Productions caused Mayhem 3 to be postponed, we were able to get the show on the road last night (to see the full story about the riots, please read the next Tycoon Times). You all got the results and can read it for yourselves, but this is my personal recap and what each fight means for the winners:

Main Event - Gerard Butler managed by Katarina wins the first DFC Welterweight title
I have to say I was pretty surprised by this fight. When I first booked it I thought Teddy Bremner would have the advantage here and I almost felt bad booking Gerald. Gerard has less experience and Teddy had 3 primary skills > Gerard, but Gerard Butler quickly proved me wrong. They entered the fight with an impressive 9-0 record, but only Gerard continues as the undefeated one. I hope Gerard's reign as champion is long and glorious. There are plenty of contenders waiting to try and knock Gerard off his pedastal. Gerard's quick decisive victory in a high-profile fight also rewarded him the KO of the night award.

Co-Main Event - Henry Teller managed by Suge Knight wins by submission
Henry Teller was the underdog going into this fight and Gabe predicted him to lose by decision, but Henry had other things in mind. Both fighters stood toe to toe and had a rock'em sock'em good time hitting each other for everything they had. Henry connected on 43 different strikes, but won by submission as a Brazilian Jiu Jitsu white belt! For being a white belt, winning as the underdog, and putting on a great show for the fans, Henry Teller was presented with the Submission of the night award. Henry's performance places him in the #2 contender slot and earned him a renegotiated contract with a significant raise.

Jackson vs. Balboa - Jackson managed by Alfie Jackson wins by TKO (Knees)
It took this loss for Rocky Balboa's manager to realize how poor of a fighter Rocky is. Rocky is now available as a free agent after Steve entirely decimated Rocky in this fight. For some reason, Rocky went right to the clinch which is where Steve loves to be. I think Rocky regretted that decision as evident by his attempts to immediately break the clinch, but Steve wasn't about to let him go. Steve laid on an onslaught of elbows and knees that tore Rocky down and cut him up. Hopefully anyone looking to pick Rocky up in the FA will not be too concerned about his looks as Steve's surgical reconstruction of Rocky's face might not be clinically approved. Steve's victor on this night put him in the #2 contender slot for the 205lb title.

Lindberg vs. Fugat - Lindberg managed by Parker Lewis wins by TKO (Strikes)
Lindberg was predicted by Gabe to win by knockout in the first round and he met his expectations. Fugat didn't go down without a fight though as both went straight to the clinch and banged away. A beautiful uppercut from Lindberg nearly knocked Fugat out and after that it was just a matter of time. Lindberg reaffirmed why he is the #1 contender for the title and he will be facing the DFC Featherweight Champion Andre Hendrix in the next title fight.

Myers vs. Reealopubo - Shane Myers managed by Larry Mizzou wins by submission (Kimura)
This was a fight for the #2 contender slot in the Featherweight division and Myers surprised everyone when he defeated the undefeated Joe Reealopubo. I think Joe was just as surprised and maybe he entered the fight too confident for his own good. Joe's performance drops him out of title contention and Myers' moves into the #2 contender slot. Myers was luck in this fight as if this went the distance Joe would've definitely been crowned the victor. Joe was dominating the fight before he got caught in a Kimura by an opportunistic Myers.

Silva vs. Al - Silva managed by Mystery Man wins by Unanimous Decision after 3 rounds
Both fighters were debuting in this bout and they both put on a great show for the fans. A total of 19 takedown attempts, a total of 10 submission attempts, we had punches, kicks, ground strikes, and clinches. These two 18 year olds put on a heck of a show and although Silva was predicted to be knocked out in the first round, he lasted all 3 and got his hand raised. This exciting fight earned these two youngsters a fight of the night award, well done!

Jones vs. Kunwar - Jones managed by Leslie Smith wins by Split Decision after 3 rounds
This could arguably be the fight of the night as well. Both of these fighters did great and you can't get anymore evenly matched than these two youngsters. Many times I thought Kunwar was going to have the win here, but 22 sub attempts all came up dry. Jones is a slippery fella and he must know how to please the judges (at least 2 of them) to get the nod. Ironically, the third judge had Kunwar winning every round. Rumors are already circling about Leslie paying off the judges for his fighter here. A potential rematch could be in the near future for these two so we can get a real win out of one of them.

Varga vs. Diaz - Varga managed by Jer Zag wins by KO in round 2
Diaz was the favorite here, expected to take the win by submission right away. That nearly happened several times as the fighters quickly went to the mat in round 1 and Diaz appeared to be comfortably controlled the ground game. The bell rang for round 2 and Varga learned from round 1; he kept the fight standing. It only took 18 seconds of round 2 and Varga found himself standing over Diaz. A great win from another underdog! This win is a testament to Varga who is beginning to move up the ranks and bring in the fans.

Crowder vs. Lawler - Crowder managed by Abe Beasley wins by KO in Round 1
Crowder made his professional debut here and he made it memorable! Crowder spent a total of 50 seconds in the ring, quickly destroying Lawler and then he left. No hand raise, no appealing to the crowd, he just left. And for that, the crowd loved him! Skills, and thats it. Fighting, and nothing else; Crowder is a performer whether he wants to be or not. Great debut, congratulations!

Niguez vs. Johnson - Niguez managed by Gaz Sheehan wins by Unanimous Decision after 3 rounds
After losing his debut fight, Niguez showed he can be a professional here. These two fighters got their fight postponed on Friday night just before showing, but that didn't stop them from banging it out here. Niguez thoroughly controlled this one, stuffing 17 of Johnson's takedown attempts, and getting 3 of his own. The fight however resulted in boos from the crowd as neither fighter ever landed a single strike and the fight looked more like a high school wrestling match.

Hari Kunwar: Okay okay okay, I may have just been completley screwed in my last fight by two incompetant judges, but I'm not letting ANYONE leapfrog me in this division, I want Dmitry Muratov for my next fight, and I want to show our, so called "Champion" how to finish someone early, and not drag it out into a boring fight. that snooze of a bout in a title fight? takes skill...

Jay Lawrence - Hari, if you want this fight you need to ask Muratov to move up a weight class; I won't be asking him. I am a little disappointed in you though, calling out someone smaller than you!

• Upvote 1

Hari Kunwar: Weakness in the face of oppurtunity disgusts me, and I cannot stand people who disgrace themselves in title matches, however- I would be willing to put my dislike of the man to one side if I coud be put in line for a Rematch with Jones, who somehow scraped by on a decision, when I dominated the majority of the fight.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/posters/1469299450oie_emK5U0kU9Sdz.gif

Recap by Jay Lawrence

First off, please take a moment and soak in the beautiful poster created by JcVd of DFC. What a fine professional poster that is and so fitting with the name and theme of this event. This event was the second of a two-part show and marks a special moment - The last event ever booked by BBP; A glorious stage in DFC history and one which we can finally look back on the train wreck that was BBP and the future glory of what will be DFC.

Main Event - Erik Larson managed by Alfie Jackson defeats high profile fighter Avon Barksalot by submission in the first round

This fight started off ugly for Larson as he got a big hook to the face from Barksalot that opened up a cut within the first second. Erik persisted through the punch, took down Avon and managed a half guard that ultimately turned into a rear naked choke. Barksalot had a total of 0 answers for Larson's ground game and we're still waiting for him to wake up from that sleeper. This big win from Larson earned him a title shot vs. Jon Laston on 8-19-16 at Mayhem 6. Larson is also the first fighter in DFC history to get 3 submission wins in DFC events. For managing to submit a high profile fighter while bleeding from the face, Larson earned the Submission of the Night Award.

Co-Main Event - Prince Rogers Nelson managed by Jackson Wink continues his winning streak (5) after defeating Gabriel De Angelico by TKO in Round 1

Angelico found himself in the clinch early which is Nelson's forte. Angelico could not find a way out and Nelson punch him at every turn. Angelico endured a total of 23 powerful strikes from Nelson within a matter of seconds, but never lost his balance and never fell to the mat. It was a brilliant effort, but not enough to keep Angelico in the fight as the referee stopped it early and raised Nelson's hand in victory. This win by Prince Nelson earned him a title shot vs. Champion Gerard Butler at DFC Sin City 5 on 8-20-16.

Featherweight TITLE FIGHT - Andre Hendrix vs. Dmitry Muratov, Hendrix managed by Grapple Academy showed why he is the undisputed Featherweight Champion of DFC after he forced Muratov to tap in Round 4

For the most part Muratov appeared to be controlling this fight. Both fighters spent 99% of the fight on the ground rolling around in a sheer battle of technique and posture that only a true grappling fan can appreciate. Hendrix appeared to be desperately looking for a submission while Muratov controlled Hendrix at every attempt. Low and behind Hendrix caught Muratov by surprise and was able to sneak in a Guillotine from full guard and Muratov tapped just before passing out. Hopefully Muratov learns from this mistake as he lost his title shot and Hendrix remains the Featherweight Champion of DFC. Hendrix will have his hands full though as he is already lined up to fight #1 contender Tomas Lindberg on 8-27-16 at Mayhem 7.

Gu vs. Mack - Chi Gu managed by Roco Milstown wins by TKO in Round 1

I just don't understand Rodney Mack's tactics here. Mack controlled the clinch, then decided to pull guard from the clinch against Chi Gu! Big mistake Mack, as Chi Gu rained down like a full Mack Truck on a downhill slope. Punch after Punch after Punch for a total of 25 punches on Mack's face within 4 minutes was enough to convince the ref to put a stop to this one. Mack argued he was still fighting, Chi Gu wanted to knock out the rest of Mack's teeth, but the referee decided this one is over and he raised Gu's hand for the win. Gu decided to call for a title shot after this one. Jay Lawrence in the post-event interview got on camera to say directly to Gu, "Gu won 1 mid-card fight, he has not yet proven he is light heavyweight champion material. Let's see how he does against a real challenge, Deait Shaw." Gu and Shaw both accepted and are already scheduled to fight on 8-26-16 at Mayhem 7 for a potential title contention slot.

Watts vs. Silva - Chat Watts managed by O Ruiz wins by Unanimous Decision

Let's be honest with ourselves, this was a boring fight. This looked like a middle school pushing match and I can't believe the referee allowed it to go on as long as it did. The crowd was booing by the middle of round 1 and I've had more pleasure from a shit on the jon than watching this crap. This fight was so bad I fired the loser, Junior Silva, C'est la vie! I hope Chat Watts can get some time with coaches before his next fight because I will not tolerate fights like this.

Billie vs. Dong - Billie managed by Alfred Corey wins by Unanimous Decision

King Dong probably saw enough of Billie to last a lifetime during Dong's 15 minutes in the cage with Billie. Although Billie could not finish Dong, he sure controlled this one. 43 total strikes on Dong, but Dong would not fall. Dong is a living, breathing, heavyweight punching bag that Billie just could not drop. Dong was about as impressive as a gold fish in a glass bowl; he did nothing. I'm on a roll tonight so, King Dong, "YOU'RE FIRED!"

Palmer vs. Porgie - Palmer managed by Victorio Faber wins by Majority Majority Decision

In his debut fight, Palmer was able to show he knows how to get the nod from the judges. This was a close fight in which both fighters had significant moments throughout the fight where they were in control. These two very evenly matched opponents have been a bit criticized for being too defensive and not aggressive enough, but it wasn't for a lack of trying. Both fighters threw strike after strike, but neither could find any pay dirt on the other side of the punch. This was fight with some very exciting moments and although Palmer couldn't finish the fight, he has shown he knows how to get his hand held high at the end and that is all that really matters.

Jones vs. Gilmore - Jones managed by Bors Relic wins by Unanimous Decision

This was the first of four events that truly tested the judge's abilities to score the cards. The judges chose correctly as Jones was without a doubt the clear victor in this bout and he continued his professional record to 3-0. Gilmore was only able to land 1 strike on Jones throughout the 15 minutes of dancing with him whereas Jones found several openings to cause injury to Gilmore. Enough that Gilmore's blood may very well have permanently stained the cage at Wild Bob's bar.

Super vs. Stark - Super managed by Bobby Smith wins by KO in 25 seconds

This was probably the most exciting 25 seconds in this entire event. Both fighters came out on the mat fast, hard, and violent. Super was swinging, Stark was kicking, and before the bell finished ringing, Stark was out cold on the mat. The referee quickly covered Stark up and called the match. This was a great debut from Basil Super and his quick decimation of Stark earned him the KO of the night award!

Mason vs. Maldonado - Mason managed by Gabe T.S. Gardner wins by TKO in Round 3

This was one hell of an opening fight that really got things rolling at Sin City 2. Both fighters were relatively unknown entering this event and they both set to make a name for themselves as they punished each other inside the steel cage. Maldonado really wanted to keep this fight in the Clinch, but Mason said, "Get back" and punished Maldonado time and time again. There were many points in this fight where the fans thought Maldonado would make a come back. Maldonado persisted and lasted through 3 rounds, but Mason's onslaught of punches was too great for Maldonado to endure. For the exciting 3 rounds of entertainment, these fighters earned the Fight of the Night award.

And that is it folks, see you next time at Mayhem 4-
http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/posters/1469541959LVMayehm4.jpg

DFC: Mayhem 4 (05 August 2016 – The Underground, Las Vegas) Preview and Predictions – Written by Gabe T.S. Gardner (112290)

The DFC – Las Vegas lightweight title will be fought over here tonight when Hugh Jaskok takes on Benjamin Tay, in a fight that will hopefully be more entertaining than the pun that is Hugh’s name. Smith v Pereira will also be highly influential for the Bantamweight division, as the spot for number one contender will be fiercely contended over, this is just a taste of a great card and the first to have been completely booked under the new admin of DFC, earmarking a huge step in the early days of this promising but still young organisation.

Fight 1
Gabriel “Archangel” Angelo 2-2-0 vs The Monk 2-1-0: 5 Rounds of 5 Minutes 265lbs

In a fight of quite literally “biblical” proportions, “Archangel” and The Monk clash in a heavyweight bout in what must be considered a last ditch effort to generate any kind of momentum in a what is a dense and dangerous heavyweight division. Angelo, who is coming off the back of two decision defeats, will take solace in the fact that he has yet to be stopped, which is in contrast to his opponent. While monk appears to have a similar record, his first fight and victory came against someone who actually fought as a middleweight in an open-weight tournament, which calls into question his overall record as a fighter.

Given the fact that in his two wins, I have found Angelo to be the more impressive of the two (even if that is like comparing which muddy puddle is more drinkable) and think he should take this one.

Gabe T.S. Gardner’s Prediction: (W) Gabriel Angelo, Round 1 (SUB)

Fight 2
Christoph Griffinsky 0-0-0 vs Kenny "Titytwister" Mcfucked 2-2-1: 3 Rounds of 5 Minutes 205lbs

Griffinsky is set to face off against someone whose name surprisingly made it past the censors, in Kenny Mcfucked. Kenny has the experience edge as he takes on the debuting Griffinsky, with a rather even record of 2 wins, 2 losses and a draw.

With a brown belt in Jiu Jitsu and effectively nothing in the way of a stand-up game, he will have a pretty one dimensional game plan going in here, whereas his opponent is a strong boxer and decent wrestler.

It’s difficult to predict who will come out on top here, but instinct tells me that the man with more than one significant advantage over the other will win here, and so therefore it predict Griffinsky will score a knockout here early in round one, against someone who has all the striking ability of a blind nun.

Gabe T.S. Gardner’s Prediction: (W) Christoph Griffinsky, Round 1 (TKO/KO)

Fight 3
Christian Griffith 0-0-0 v Yaboozie Flipper 2-2-0: 3 Rounds of 5 Minutes 205lbs

Another debut here as Griffith makes his professional debut against a tricky customer in Flipper at light heavyweight. Both are similarly well balance amateur wrestlers from what I can tell, but the deciding factor will be in what they possess that their opponent does not. While flipper has a limited striking game, it nevertheless dwarves that of Griffith, who is a complete novice on his feet it would seem, but whom has a brown belt in Jiu Jitsu to his name, so it would seem to be that his game plan will be to take Flipper down and keep him on the ground, forcing him to submit early so he won’t have to be subjected to a full frontal assault by his opponent.

While I do think that Flipper may have the advantage, he comes in here without a manager, having been dumped on his ass following a poor performance in his last fight. This minor turmoil could create opportunity for Griffith, and it is on that basis that I say that he comes in with an edge.

Gabe T.S. Gardner’s Prediction: (W) Christian Griffith, Round 1 (SUB)

Fight 4
“The Closed Hand” Willie Stroker 0-1-0 v King "Sathish" Sathish 0-1-0: 3 Rounds of 5 Minutes 185lbs

It is at this point that I question whether or not I currently write for a pornographic website or a MMA fight organisation as the number of people’s names that conveniently form sex puns goes through his damn roof – Willie Stroker will touch gloves (and probably a bit more than that if his name is anything to go by) with King “Sathish” Sathish – so good they named him twice? If by good you mean he lost via a unanimous judge’s decision in his debut fight then yes, he’s the G.O.A.T.

Onto the prediction, Stroker, predominantly a striker in nature, suffered a quick defeat by TKO in his first fight in just under a minute in a half. He will have needed to learn a lot from that fight if he is to test Sathish here, who also prefers to keep the fight standing up. Sathish however, barely worked at all in his debut fight, looking like he’d rather make last call for the bar than be stuck inside the cage with someone trying to punch his face off. By virtue of having done more inside 90 seconds than Sathish did in an entire 3 round fight, I think that Stroker is going to take this.

Gabe T.S. Gardner’s Prediction: (W) Willie Stroker, Round 1 (TKO/KO)

Fight 5
Floopy Mc Fec 3-3-0 v Molov "Molov" Briansky 1-1-0: 3 Rounds of 5 Minutes 205lbs

From one strange naming practise to another, the Double named Molov “Molov” Briansky, squares off against Mc Fec in our third light heavyweight bout of the night.

I’ll keep this one relatively short, mostly because I think I see exactly how this one is going to play out. Molov will get complacent, get taken unaware by the superior wrestler in Briansky and find himself either eating a flurry of blows to the head, or tapping out in a painful position.

Mc Fec should win as he has a more convincing resume to that effect.

Gabe T.S. Gardner’s Prediction: (W) Mc Fec, Round 1 (TKO/KO or SUB)

Fight 6
Shaggy Duck 4-2-0 v Michael “Kaos” Barber 1-0-0: 3 Rounds of 5 Minutes 205lbs

For Duck to take this one against barber I feel he will have to come out all guns-a blazing, as he has shown himself to be vulnerable to being submitted, losing his two defeats in such a manner, but has proven to have decent stopping power and cardio ability, going the distance in two fights and stopping his opponents in the second round in the other two.

Barber will have to stick to what he does best and try to take down the experienced Duck and try to submit him from the ground, while being wary of the good wrestling ability that his opponent possesses as well. But overall, I think Duck just has a better skillset, although he can’t come into this battle thinking it is already one, as anyone can win inside the cage, and he would be liable to regretting that thought. As it happens, I have Duck to win.

Gabe T.S. Gardner’s Prediction: (W) Shaggy Duck, Round 1 (TKO/KO)

Fight 7
Razor Cuts 1-0-0 v Petie Mcpot 1-2-0: 3 Rounds of 5 Minutes 265lbs

Both men here at heavyweight will want to continue the trend of their recent good fortunes, as Cuts won handily in his professional debut, and Mcpot claimed his first professional victory of his career.

However, I don’t think Mcpot is destined to continue his trend, due to the fact he is coming up against a well-rounded warrior in cuts, a good boxer, wrestler and decent BJJ artist, I think Mcpot is left at a disadvantage rather here. Although it is completely possible he could surprise me, I think that Cuts is just a “cut above” his opponent here......I’ll just leave then.

Gabe T.S. Gardner’s Prediction: (W) Razor Cuts, Round 1 (TKO/KO)

Fight 8
James Oddweek 2-0-0 v Daniel “The Jew” Lebowitz 0-0-0: 3 Rounds of 5 Minutes 145lbs

James Oddweek is under new management since the last time we saw him, as he takes on a fighter making his pro MMA debut, but not his pro fighting debut in Lebowitz. While Lebowitz has strong boxing ability, I question he fact that a man with literally no grappling experience of any kind would dare to make his fighting debut in a GRAPPLING CONTEST. He may have the punching power, but it seems like he stopped operating on brain power some time ago.

Oddweek looked good in his last fight, winning by submission in the first round, but as he is working under a different team this time around, a period of adjustment may have to take place before he is fully comfortable, and I feel as though that may be his downfall, distracting him and leaving him open to be caught by the fast hands of Lebowitz.

Gabe T.S. Gardner’s Prediction: (W) Daniel Lebowitz, Round 1 (TKO/KO)

Fight 9
Hugh Jaskok 2-0-0 v Benjamin “The Way” Tay 2-0-0: 3 Rounds of 5 Minutes for the DFC Lightweight title

We are set to crown a new champion here tonight as Jaskok seems to have the immediate advantage of being far more experienced a wrestler than his opponent. While both are ranked purple belt in BJJ, wrestling ability is often key to taking down your opponent and controlling them on the ground in order to get into positions where ones Jiu Jitsu skills can come into full effect. While both have really impressed me so far, and when push comes to shove either could take it if a reversal goes their way or there is a momentary lapse in concentration, I think however that Jaskok really has the better ability and it will show with his arm being raised, and possibly Tay’s arm being broken

Gabe T.S. Gardner’s Prediction: (W) Hugh Jaskok, Round 2 (SUB)

Fight 10
Maurice Smith 3-2-0 v Lucas Pereira 3-1-0: 3 Rounds of 5 Minutes 135lbs

Maurice Smith and Lucas Pereira are set for combat over the number one contender spot of the 135lbs title here tonight in what for me, is the most anticipated bout on the card due to the level of skill of both the fighters and is our true main event of the evening in my eyes. Smith failed in his effort to get the belt last time and will be looking to bounce back immediately to put himself in title contention once again. He will take on a jack of all trades style fighter in Pereira who has sacrificed master over one discipline, to be skilled at many, a Michael Bisping kind of character in this fight if you will.

I find smith to be far superior in wrestling and Muay Thai ability, and think that he will draw Pereira into the fight that he wants to fight and will avoid any position where he might be subjected to the superior BJJ skills of his opponent. I don’t expect it to be easy, but I do think that Smith will get back his spot as the number one contender, and will then have to get ready to fend off any other challengers, and eventually take on the champ.

Gabe T.S. Gardner’s Prediction: (W) Maurice Smith, Round 2 (TKO/KO)

A very interesting card is set up for the aptly named “Mayhem” 4 at The Underground in Las Vegas, Nevada; join us as DFC exhibits some of the best fighters in the state and makes its way up ladder to being considered one of the true great organisations around.

***The Media, DFC-LV Staff, and The DFC-LV Roster is in attendance for emergency press conference. The staff is sort of surprised because they do not know who called this meeting or what it is about. A man that nobody knows makes his way to the podium. Security try to stop the man but Jay Lawrence stops them. The man steps up to the podium, he is KLE2.***

http://mmatycoon.com/images/manager_avatars/1467806910kle2.png

KLE2

KLE2: Gentleman and the press, allow me to introduce myself. I am KLE2. I have been labeled the financial backer and I have been labeled the guy who will help out with flights. Though these things are true, what I really am is the Owner of DFC-LV. Yes, I know Jay is listed as "The Owner" but in actuality he is the Acting Owner. Due to MMA Tycoon rules I can only "own" one organization, so Jay runs DFC-LV. But you are probably asking "Does this change anything?" Not really, I pretty much give Jay free reign when it comes to running DFC-LV. Sometimes, I'll message him about some business matters but most of the time, it's like I said, Free Reign. But I do want to let you guys on a future plan. I think I had Jay message you about it. Here's the deal. Once DFC-LV crowns all their champions and those titles are defended at least 1-2 times each, a special event will happen at DFC-SP. This event is called Night of Champions and it will pit each DFC-LV Champion against each DFC-SP Champion (minus Super Heavyweight) for bragging rights. If the NOC is a success, it will be held yearly, rotating between DFC-SP and DFC-LV. That is all and thank you for being a part of DFC-LV.

***KLE2 steps away from the podium and off the stage before any questions can be asked.***

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

DFC: Sin City 3 (06 August 2016 – The Underground, Las Vegas) Preview and Predictions – Written by Gabe T.S. Gardner (112290)

Sound the air raid sirens because BOMBS are about to be dropped in the main event of a stacked card here for Sin City 3 between two heavy hitters, Arin Mccreth and Boris Klein. The Underground proudly hosts what promises to be a historic night, with plenty of exciting action.

Fight 1
Arrin “The Dungeon Master” Mccreth 2-0-0 vs Boris Klein 2-1-0: 5 Rounds of 5 Minutes for the DFC Heavyweight Championship

The heavyweight division here in DFC is about to be crowned its first champion, as two hard hitting goliaths are set to do battle here tonight. Mccreth fights primarily using a combination of clinch-strikes and Muay Thai kickboxing techniques, and has solid defensive grappling ability, but I don’t believe the latter skill will be largely needed against his opponent; Klein, a Boxer primarily, and this will most likely be his ‘go –to’ in terms of strategy for the fight – out box, out fox and get him out early.

Both heavyweights have really impressed me as of late, Klein cleaned up his first opponent in under twenty seconds, while Mccreth has shown great control of the cage and mastery of his surroundings in his two bouts, beating an experienced fighter with a good record in the first round in his debut, and completely dominating his second fight from start to finish. Will Mccreths control be enough to beat Klein’s raw ugly power? Just 17 seconds? Its hard to see it happen. I think Klein, if he fights smart will take this one.

Gabe T.S. Gardner’s Prediction: (W) Boris Klein Round 1 (TKO/KO)

Fight 2
Caio "The Natural" Bottura 2-0-0 vs Pranav "Pranav" Kumaran 0-1-0: 3 Rounds of 5 Minutes 155lbs

“The Natural” has been nothing but impressive so far in his DFC career, winning his first two fights both in dominating fashion in the first round. Kumaran has been less impressive, despite showing a very competent striking game he looked lost out in his first fight, failing to land ONE SINGLE significant strike on his opponent, however he did show toughness to be used as a punching back for three rounds. I think the only winner here can be Bottura

Gabe T.S. Gardner’s Prediction: (W) Caio Bottura, Round 1 (TKO/KO)

Fight 3
Rauga "Lightning" Pascal 2-0-0 v Big Tasty 1-0-0: 3 Rounds of 5 Minutes 185lbs

Some of the most promising middleweights in the division coming up here, and its fast and hard strikes versus ground and pound grappling. Pascal is the better fighter when it comes to standup, and also has a purple belt in BJJ to add to his arsenal, a dangerous fighter at range and close quarters, he is a tricky customer. Where he does not have the advantage is grappling on the ground, as Tasty is a far superior wrestler and will be looking to use his bigger frame and weight to weigh his opponent down and hammer in some ground strikes. This is a fight I am very looking forward to and expect to enjoy it no matter the result, but I feel the well balanced ability of “Lighting” will spell the end for Tasty.

Gabe T.S. Gardner’s Prediction: (W) Rauga Pascal, Round 1 (TKO/KO)

Fight 4
Le Monstre 2-0-0 v James Myres 1-1-0: 3 Rounds of 5 Minutes 265lbs

James Myers has had an up and down career so far in DFC, finishing his first fight in under a minute before getting finished in under 20 seconds in his second, truly demonstrating the mantra that in the heavyweight division, all it takes is one shot and you could be out cold. Monstre has also shown to be a very good boxer and someone packing power behind each shot, and seems to be confident that he can finish a fight whenever he wants.

The difference here is going to be ferocity out of the gates, and I think the edge will have to go to Myres – anyone could take this one but my money is on Myres.

Gabe T.S. Gardner’s Prediction: (W) James Myres, Round 1 (TKO/KO)

Fight 5
Dada Buckeye 1-1-0 v John Oddweek 1-1-0: 3 Rounds of 5 Minutes 145lbs

This is going to be a one sided affair in my mind, while Oddweek has shown a ground game, but he is outmatched against Buckeye here and I think he knows it. Buckeye is a strong boxer and amateur wrestler, with a blue belt in BJJ to add to the collection. As Oddweek’s striking ability is minimal at best and non-existant at worst, I can’t see him winning this at all.

Gabe T.S. Gardner’s Prediction: (W) Dada Buckeye, Round 1 (TKO/KO)

Fight 6
Jenson “Super Man” Jones 1-1-0 v Dean Lockwood 0-0-0: 3 Rounds of 5 Minutes 170lbs

A welterweight debut here for Lockwood as he seems to have been thrown directly to the wolves – DFC does not play games – coming up against a fighter who finished his last fight in just 16 seconds. From what I have seen from being personally invited to the training camp however in preparation for writing this prediction however, he seems well equipped to deal with this threat, demonstrating great boxing ability and good wrestling skills that trump his opponent. I reckon Lockwood will make a splash on his debut and show the Welterweight division that he is one to look out for.

Gabe T.S. Gardner’s Prediction: (W) Dean Lockwood, Round 1 (TKO/KO)

Fight 7
John Smultz 1-3-0 v MC Nuggets 1-0-0: 3 Rounds of 5 Minutes 185lbs

It is last chance saloon for Jon Smultz here tonight, as he has suffered defeat in his last three fights, including a shock defeat to relative newcomer Parkin. If he wants to generate ANY momentum it HAS to be done here tonight. Nuggets is a different story; while he isn’t ranked as high in BJJ as his opponent as a purple belt, his amateur skills as a wrestler were demonstrated more effectively than Smultz in his debut fight, landing with every takedown he had. Smultz has every opportunity to impress me but has failed so far, and therefore I think Nuggets will take this.

Gabe T.S. Gardner’s Prediction: (W) MC Nuggets, Round 2 (SUB)

Fight 8
Stringer “Ringer” Bells 1-2-0 v Johnny Burma 1-0-0: 3 Rounds of 5 Minutes 205lbs

Bells has had a turbulent MMA career so far, having been part of three fights in just 80 seconds, winning the first one and losing the last two via submission and knockout. Burma is a terrific wrestler and BJJ practitioner and has a significant reach advantage on his opponent, which should help with being able to get in and out of range of his shorter opponent quickly. I think if he shoots in for the takedown early, he has a good a chance of locking in a submission early and Bells will have to go back to the drawing board and find out how to survive more than 30 seconds in the cage.

Gabe T.S. Gardner’s Prediction: (W) Johnny Burma, Round 1 (SUB)

Fight 9
Erik Striker 1-2-0 v Corey Parkin 2-0-0: 3 Rounds of 5 Minutes 185lbs

Parkin called Striker out for this one and I will never be able to figure out why, he seems completely outmatched here but I guess that’s pro MMA for you. Parkin has demonstrated good KO ability and Muay Thai techniques but seems to take a round or two to get going, and looks to be a bit out of his depth. I would have said more experience is needed before he takes on an Erik Striker for example. Striker is a great boxer and the rest of his skills roughly mirror Parkins, but he has shown greater form and concentration than his opponent and that is what I think will take it. A humbling lesson to now go calling out anyone who crosses your path.

Gabe T.S. Gardner’s Prediction: (W) Erik Striker, Round 1 (TKO/KO)

Fight 10
Clinton "Rampage" Smaxsons 0-0-0 v Toby "The Arrogant Ambassador" Coleman 2-2-0: 3 Rounds of 5 Minutes 205lbs

Out opening bout will see a debuting Smaxsons will take on “The Arrogant Ambassador” Coleman. Coleman showed promise before his DFC debut, winning in a combined time of 00:16, but has since been shown to lack a plan B in both fights when he finds himself outmatched, which is unfortunate as Smaxsons looks to have his number on that one, being more advanced at boxing and muay thai ability. I can see him winning this one, and winning this one fast.

Gabe T.S. Gardner’s Prediction: (W) Clinton Smaxsons, Round 1 (TKO/KO)

A great card is lined up here for Sin City 3, with a phenomenal main event in the making and several other can’t miss fights tonight that will shake up the weight divisions and shine lights on upcoming stars – you don’t want to miss this.

• Upvote 1

Corey Parkin: CLINCH CITY BITCH! Props to Striker, who nearly knocked my head off twice in that first round, but I came to win the ENTIRE fight, not just the opening 30 seconds. I thought he might of had me there untill I got into my rythmn. need to take a few weeks off now as my head is still ringing but when I get back, expect the hype train to keep rolling!

• Upvote 2

Clinch city sounds like a place that I visit every time I delve into the Taco Bell dollar menu and overestimate how quickly I can find a restroom.

Edit: I have no idea why I felt the need to say this. Good fight, man.

• Upvote 3

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/posters/1469541959LVMayehm4.jpg

Recap by Jay Lawrence

Although Mayhem 4 was actually our worst rating we've received to date, but! it identified some great up and coming fighters in DFC. Mayhem 4 was also packed with some decision victories between very closely matched fighters.

Main Event - Smith vs. Pereira
Smith is managed by Dave Ashbourne and has the potential to become a future champion. Smith worked kicks and punches to tear Pereira down right from the bell. Pereira had nothing for Smith and was knocked out at 1:08 in round 1. Pereira was the #1 contender for the Bantamweight title and this win moved Smith into the #1 contender slot. Smith earned KO of the night for his quick decisive victory vs. a #1 contender.

Co-Main event - Lightweight title fight Jaskok vs. Tay
These two grapplers probably created the most buzz for a fight in DFC history. Each with articles in the Tycoon Times and back and forth bantering on Buzz as well as the forums. This fight had a lot of energy going into it and it was a true test of grappler ability between these two mat artists. Both fighters had undefeated records and both fighters were making their debut with DFC. Hugh Jaskok managed by Jay Van Chief came out the victor and became the first DFC Lightweight champion after forcing Tay to tap at 2:22 in the first round. Jaskok is set to defend his title on 8-27-16 at DFC Sin City 6 vs. the undefeated Henry Teller. Jaskok won submission of the night for his domination of another grappler in a highly anticipated fight.

Lebowitz vs. Oddweek
Lebowitz managed by Katarina was able to convince the judges after a full 15 minute fight. These two opponents were very evenly matched and it showed in the 28:29 scoring. Lebowitz was able to control the first and third round, but the second round was all Oddweek. The back and forth battling kept the fans on their seats the entire match. There were many points within the match where everyone thought it was over, but both fighters showed a lot of heart to continue going. The hard battling earned these fighters fight of the night.

McPot vs. Cuts
Another back and forth battle here with both fighters going the full 15 minutes. Petie McPot managed by Kane Fandango got the 29:28 nod in the end and gave Razor Cuts his first loss.

Barber vs. Duck
Duck was the more experienced fighter here, but it didn't show. Miguel Barber managed by David Muniz found a quick triangle within the first minute to force Duck to tap.

Briansky vs. Fec
Briansky dominated the first two rounds, but Fec was warmed up by the 3rd and completely controlled the 3rd round. It wasn't enough for the judges though, who gave Briansky the win. Many wonder what could've happened if there was another round or two for these fighters.

Sathish vs. Stroker
This would have been a GREAT fight. IF, Sathish could've made weight. Sathish ended up just 3 pounds too heavy and his camp has been warned for his mis-management of weight.

Griffith vs. Flipper
Griffith dominated this fight and it has been confirmed, Flipper has a severe traumatic brain injury as a result of this fight. Griffith sunk a rear naked choke that Flipper refused to tap for. Griffith held on until the ref stopped it and afterward Flipper was observed with blood coming out of his nose and ears. Flipper was quickly rushed to the hospital and although he is having trouble with speech and walking, he is okay. DFC will cover Flipper's medical bills, but Flipper's MMA career is over.

McFucked vs. Griffinsky
A quick takedown and armbar from McFucked ended this early. McFucked was rumored to be training with and possibly dating notorious UFC fighter Rhonda Rousey and McFucked's tactics appeared to coincide with the rumors. This was manager Kane Fandango's second win on this event card.

Angelo vs. The Monk
This fight started off terrible with both fighters rushing for takedowns and neither able to succeed. This had the resemblance of a youth mat club match at first and I think I heard more laughs then boos or cheers from the crowd. Ultimately the Monk got the takedown, but then both fighters began holding onto the cage, WTF!? Who is training these guys...Dora the Explorer? Angelo, managed by Bashar the Lion was able to show he has some training and he committed to an armbar that forced The Monk to a quick tap in lieu of a dislocated elbow. This was a great win for Angelo after his loss last month to Alex Smith.

Clinch city sounds like a place that I visit every time I delve into the Taco Bell dollar menu and overestimate how quickly I can find a restroom.

Edit: I have no idea why I felt the need to say this. Good fight, man.

This is so true. Also, Panda Express, but man I love their food!

DFC: Mayhem 5 (11 August 2016 – The Underground, Las Vegas) Preview and Predictions – Written by Gabe T.S. Gardner (112290)

We have a belter of a main event tonight as we are set to crown our first ever Light heavyweight champion, atop a stacked card here in the 5th edition of DFC: Mayhem.

Fight 1
“The Swedish Terror” Martin Skvardsonn 1-0-0 vs Luke Bresnan 2-0-0: 5 Rounds of 5 Minutes for the DFC Light Heavyweight Championship

This fight will be an incredible one to watch for sure, as the first champion of a stacked light heavyweight division will be decided tonight. Both fighters are relatively inexperienced, with a total of three professional fights between both of them. Bresnan has a great all round game, with his strong boxing ability, decent wrestling and purple belt in jiu jitsu – he has built his skillset to be based around being prepared for allcomers. He comes up against a very heavy hitter in “The Swedish Terror” a man with fantastic boxing ability and a mean wrestling game, the only thing Bresnan will have over his opponent will be his BJJ ability, used to full effect in his first two fights where he won with a kimura.

Will I don’t want to discount the threat Bresnan poses, I feel as though Skvardsonn’s aggression and power is just too much for the Irishman, and he will suffer a KO defeat before he can really get going.

Gabe T.S. Gardner’s Prediction: (W) Martin Skvardsonn Round 1 (TKO/KO)

Fight 2
Lazzar “Warlock” Mcshrads 4-1-0 vs John “DT” Petrucci 2-0-0: 3 Rounds of 5 Minutes 155lbs

A worthy lead in to any main event, Petrucci and Mcshrads lock horns in a tantalising fight at 155lbs. from what I have seen, Mcshrads has turned his opponents into Mc-shreds using what I believe is quite a limited skillset, but proving smart tactics can always triumph over natural ability, he comes in here with an impressive 4-1 record. Petrucci on the other hand is an extremely talented Muay Thai practitioner and has shown to have great control in his fights, not letting his opponents get any kind of foothold. I have to say that I think Petrucci must be the favourite here as he is simply more talented than his opponent.

Gabe T.S. Gardner’s Prediction: (W) John Petrucci, Round 1 (TKO/KO)

Fight 3
Didier “The Gorilla” Paul 2-0-0 v Larry “The Butcher” Shreve Jr 5-0-0: 3 Rounds of 5 Minutes 265lbs

I expect the butcher will carve into his victim tonight as the Gorilla has just been thrown into the deep end. Paul has a varied and well developed skill set but he cannot keep up in my mind with one of the most talented MT artists we have on the DFC roster, and a nightmare heavyweight. Simple, short and sweet: Shreve Jr has got this.

Gabe T.S. Gardner’s Prediction: (W) Larry Shreve Jr, Round 1 (TKO/KO)

Fight 4
Ian Domman 4-1-0 v Alexander “The Panzer” Pauwels 1-0-0: 3 Rounds of 5 Minutes 205lbs

This is a hard fight to call, simply because Domman has been so impressive in his run as of late, but he comes up against someone that has the skills to thwart his plans. Domman will look for the takedown to get in a position to submit his opponent early, but he faces a far superior amateur wrestler which will not make it easy. I expect Pauwels to take his time, smother Domman on the ground and possibly send him out in a flurry of blows, if he gets caught early however he could be forced to tap out.

Gabe T.S. Gardner’s Prediction: (W) Ian Domman, Round 2 (TKO/KO)

Fight 5
Vayle “Hammer” Belval 0-0-0 v Christa “Crusher” Warner 1-0-0: 3 Rounds of 5 Minutes 135lbs

Belval will make his long awaited debut, starting in MMA realativley late at age 25, Belval looks to have great boxing and wrestling ability, and I think he could go all the way in his division. He will need to get off to a great start over the “Crusher” and I think he has the ability and skills to do it. I think his superior boxing ability will stand him in good stead and hand him the victory.

Gabe T.S. Gardner’s Prediction: (W) Vayle Belval, Round 1 (TKO/KO)

Fight 6
Lukasz “Gonzon” Nemec 1-1-0 v Brandon “The Crow” Stark 0-0-0: 3 Rounds of 5 Minutes 185lbs

Both middleweight fighters are of a similar age and natural ability in my mind, in this soon to be sub-fest where Gonzo takes on the Crow. The experience advantage goes to Stark, having fought in 2 more fights than his opponent and in my mind looked far more composed than his opponent in every single one. I think that Gonzon will need to make a statement and try and submit Stark early, but I think he may just be outmatched here, and I think Stark will take it.

Gabe T.S. Gardner’s Prediction: (W) Brandon “The Crow” Stark, Round 1 (TKO/KO)

Fight 7
Antonio “Mr Dangerous” Brown 1-0-0 v Alexander “Phenom” Rogov 1-0-0: 3 Rounds of 5 Minutes 155lbs

Mr dangerous vs The Phenom, in a clash of relative Newcomers to the sport. Both fighters have only one fight between them, despite Rogov being 7 years Brown’s elder. Brown looked quick and alert in his first fight like he had been training for this his whole life, where Rogov was a little slow to get into his rhythm, not wanting to scuff his chances. I think that lack of decisiveness and confidence will cost him against the young buck brown here tonight, and think that he will be tapping out before the end of round 1.

Gabe T.S. Gardner’s Prediction: (W) Antonio Brown, Round 1 (SUB)

Fight 8
Juice Perez 0-0-0 v Alexander “The Great” Dippe 1-1-0: 3 Rounds of 5 Minutes 185lbs

Perez is set to make his professional MMA debut here tonight against Alexander “The Great”. Alexander has had a mixed run in DFC so far- losing his first fight in short order but winning his second with some brutal knees. However, I feel that his opponent perez, Is the superior Muay Thai practitioner, whom while he may lack other rudimentary MMA skills, will be comfortable in taking on someone who is also primarily a MT style fighter. I think he may be able to get into a good rhythm here tonight and could put away Dippe early, if he outsmarts him. Don’t count on Dippe making it easy for him though, I think a second round finish is more likely.

Gabe T.S. Gardner’s Prediction: (W) Juice Perez, Round 2 (SUB)

Fight 9
Maurice “The Postman” Giresse 0-0-0 v “Shotgun” Shikoba Ash 1-0-0: 3 Rounds of 5 Minutes 170lbs

Giresse will make his professional debut against a young up and comer in Ash. While Ash did look solid in his first fight, getting the round one stoppage, he did lack technique despite his power, and coming up against an out and out boxer may thwart him here. I think Giresse could out finesse him and beat him to those crucial punches, and may take this one via knockout.

Gabe T.S. Gardner’s Prediction: (W) Maurice Giresse, Round 2 (TKO/KO)

Fight 10
Mi “Long Saber” Han Lo 0-0-0 v Copper “Light” Light 1-1-0: 3 Rounds of 5 Minutes 145lbs

More appropriately, the fight that is most likely to be a dud is the opener of the card. Not to take anything away from the competitors but I don’t expect sparks to be thrown here. Han Lo will make his professional debut here tonight, and seems to have a decent boxing/BJJ hyrbrid technique going on- the ol’ “I’m gonna knock you on your ass then submit your ass” plan of attack. Light however, has looked iffy in his first two fights, winning and losing via submission. Light I feel does have the more developed skillset and that will clinch it for him (decent muay thai thrown in there) but I would not be surprised if either man won here tonight, I just hope it will at least be half-entertaining.

Gabe T.S. Gardner’s Prediction: (W) Light, Round 2 (TKO/KO or SUB)

A great card is lined up here for Mayhem 5, with a great light heavyweight title bout topping a fantastic night of epic proportions for the still relatively young DFC. You do not, repeat DO NOT want to miss this one.

• Upvote 1

Dion "Mr Dangerous" Brown: I have proven tonight that I am a threat in the lightweight division. I am not just here to win, I am here to make statements! But like I said before, I have only showed that I am a threat in this division. My next fight I am planning on becoming top tier competition.

With that said I am calling out Lazzar "Warlock" Mcshrads (297340) to a match. I am seven years younger but I have all the tools and techniques to dismantle you in everyway. I would like to fight you on the sin city 8 card in mid September and show the division why I have the nickname I have.

• Upvote 1

Jay - Mr. Dangerous, you have proven yourself, that is a fact. However, I don't think you are quite ready for Lazzar Mcshrads who is an experienced grappler capable of retiring you. I will let you prove yourself once again against a younger, yet very skilled Ciao Bottura. Ciao is currently 3-0 in DFC fights and is on a run to potentially becoming a champion. Ciao is a more even opponent for you and if you can defeat Ciao, you might find yourself in the cage with Lazzar soon.