Bankruptcy

WhisperingDeath

I know this is a old thread and people may not even read this but I have an idea. What if a somebody makes a company and it goes bankrupt ,they lose all their money and possesions,their fighters maybe lose a part or maybe all their money and possessions, the managers loses some hype and they lose their top fighter. Also they cant start another company till they get new VIP.

Them and their fighter losing money and possessions would make sense because in real life the bank would take all their assets. Also if somebody made the company to just give their fights free stuff they would lose all of that anyways. So it would make creating those companies just to give their fighters free stuff pointless.

The manager losing hype i just thought of because if you made a company that tank you probably wouldn't be that popular after. I really don't know what hype does so im not sure if thats really a punishment or not.

The losing their top fighter would be more of a punishment more then anything. But if I was a fighter and my manger had a company tank and went broke I would probably leave them.

Then the not starting a new company would be because if you had a company go broke the banks not gonna give you a loan again anyways. I don't think it should be forever though because it is just a game and people do make mistakes. If they can never make a company again it would deter people who made a honest mistake from buying VIP again.

These changes would stop mike from having to deal with figuring out which people made mistakes and which people were trying to abuse the system. I dont know anything about coding and stuff but it sounds like it wouldn't need any manual control to make the consequences happen. Also now by making a company or organization all you would risk is losing in game items not your actual money. It might actually increase VIP purchases.

i agree with most of this, but i don't think the fighters should lose any possessions or money, since they aren't the ones going bankrupt. to put some bullet points on it, i'd agree with something kinda like this:

-highest P4P fighter on their roster gets automatically sacked.

-2 other fighters on their roster are sacked at random. (or perhaps the two with the highest intelligence?)

-inability to start a new company until VIP is renewed or extended.

-25% of manager hype is lost.

-all manager possessions are lost.

now, in order to avoid managers just giving all their possessions to their fighters before they're deleted, i would propose that their assets (possessions) be frozen at some point prior to the BK being completed. i've never had a negative manager balance, so i'm not sure about this, but if you already can't move possessions from manager-to-fighter when you're in the negative, then this is a non-issue.

The only reason I said fighters possessions being lost is because mike said some people make companies and order like 1000 supplements and give it to their fighters for free. So by deleting the possessions it would stop htat from happening. Mainly I think the risk of losing VIP should be gone cause there are people that make companies that go bankrupt and it was a legit mistake

The only reason I said fighters possessions being lost is because mike said some people make companies and order like 1000 supplements and give it to their fighters for free. So by deleting the possessions it would stop htat from happening. Mainly I think the risk of losing VIP should be gone cause there are people that make companies that go bankrupt and it was a legit mistake

well, i don't think BK's would be all that prevalent, so perhaps there could be a "bankruptcy trustee" (mike or another mod) that takes a quick look at the business to see if something like that took place. if it did, then those items could be "liquidated" (deleted) and the money used to pay back as much of the debt as possible.

• 2 months later...

I think losing your vip for not taking care of you obligations is a fair solution.. It takes a lot of dedication to run a business on here and if your not willing to put in what it takes to run it successfully you should lose your privilege to run a business.. Having the vip removed and losing your fighters is a bit harsh but it's the risk that everyone takes on the way to failure and success. :)

It has to be VIP loss.

What does losing best fighter, manager hype, etc, matter to the bogus manager of an account that has been set up to exploit the game?

I know it's hard on real players who genuinely run into financial trouble but we all know some people would use companies (and the 50k loan) to benefit from cheating.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Yeah I would be interested in getting VIP but not if I lose VIP if I make a small mistake. = $30 down the drain and I don't think it is worth it.

I have to say I totally agree with the losing VIP status feature. This game is great & fun, primarily because everything is run by actual people. But, there is nothing to stop someone from creating an account one minute, going VIP 2 hours later, & creating a company that night, when they are completely unready & too inexperienced to do such a thing. The fact that we all rely so heavily on other real people to run orgs correctly, produce good nutritional products, etc, makes it too important for people to not have serious penalties for failure. This game depends on people joining & continuing to play this game. Allowing one person to go VIP & create several companies that if ran incorrectly can really dampen the overall experience of a player with no real consequences, would simply cost too many memberships just to protect 1 person's $30. 1 bad org & gym owner could probably cause, I don't know maybe 10 or more people to get fed up & say forget this game it just doesn't work. That's a risk too great to all of us, to chance losing this great game just to save a few people $30, not to mention the gameplay for those of us who are dedicated would be greatly degraded.

• Upvote 1

• 8 months later...

I know this thread is really old, but I have an idea that was not suggested yet.

No one should be able to open up a business until they have been a VIP for a certain amount of time. Maybe 3 months at the least or even more.

This will require newbies like me, to get familiar with the game more. I am a perfect example of this. I just started playing about a week and a half ago, and I like this game so much, I was excited and half asleep at the same time, so I took out a loan for 50k and opened me a gym.

It seems to me that this is happening mostly to new players. And how many of those new players opened up an organization, and then quit playing after a few weeks of playing, leaving an open business with out its manager.

Make it where VIPs have are not able to open up a business until they have been playing for at least 3 months.

• 3 weeks later...

I know this thread is really old, but I have an idea that was not suggested yet.

No one should be able to open up a business until they have been a VIP for a certain amount of time. Maybe 3 months at the least or even more.

This will require newbies like me, to get familiar with the game more. I am a perfect example of this. I just started playing about a week and a half ago, and I like this game so much, I was excited and half asleep at the same time, so I took out a loan for 50k and opened me a gym.

It seems to me that this is happening mostly to new players. And how many of those new players opened up an organization, and then quit playing after a few weeks of playing, leaving an open business with out its manager.

Make it where VIPs have are not able to open up a business until they have been playing for at least 3 months.

I can't say that I agree. There are warnings ALL over the place telling people not to open a business before they are ready. Its in the wiki. Its on the page where you start your business as well. If you choose to ignore all of these warnings and open a business that you are not prepared to run, you have nobody to blame but yourself.

As other people have mentioned here, this game relies heavily on the companies being run properly. If orgs were constantly going bankrupt and gyms were constantly shuttering their doors, it would severely hurt the game. Having the rule as it is accomplishes two goals. First of all, it scares off many newer managers from opening a business they are not prepared to run. Secondly, for those who forge ahead unprepared, taking their VIP prevents them from being able to make the same mistake again (without at least paying for their mistake by buying a new VIP membership).

If Mike were to lighten the penalty for going bankrupt, we would see a lot more bad businesses opening.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

So, after reading this thread I had something pop to mind! How calculating the total value assets of a manager, the assets being the amount of money in company vaults or manager money, fighters items and using that as a base to how much you can take out as a loan. Now if your company vault begins to drop under under say 10k while you have an existing loan, you receive an Initial warning which would clearly state the financial situation of your company and give you a choice to either deposit money into the org or liquidate assets. This would greatly apply to Clothes and nutrition companies as upon liquidating, they will automatically sell of any items -10$ from the initial manufacturing price in order to pay the loan of and shut down the company. Now an issue that has arisen is that people could get millions of nutrition and clothing to cover their fighters for decades, but with this, if they have attempted to perform that kind of manipulation they would lose the items in an attempt to repay the loan. If their is an amount remaining within the loan after the assets are liquidated then the money gets taken out of the managers money but if the managers money doesn't suffice it could move onto the fighters which in essence drops their morale! That way VIPs would have to take more into consideration especially if they have champions that would be effected severely by the morale drop.

This is only relevant to nutrition and clothing as it wouldn't work in the same way for ORGs or gyms

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Your point about losing VIP makes complete sense. Realistically, if you are gonna spend money on a game, you should plan ahead to make sure you dont lose it. At the end of the day, if you lose your VIP due to mismanaging a company, how is that Mikes fault? He didnt force you to buy VIP or force you to start a company. And he sure as hell didnt force you to mess up your company. I planned out how to run an org with another person and it was a huge success, despite having limited knowledge about the game. Just shows a bit of planning can set you up permanently

• Upvote 1

• 2 years later...

Im sorry, but i didnt read the entire 6 pages

It seems that losing vip is the consensus

I would propose otherwise

Keep vip

Lose your company

But incur the debt onto your mgr profile

You cant start a new company until you have paid off the debt

Barring laundry or anyone sending cash, youll have to do it from your fighter wages

Debt stays with you even if you run out of vip beforr paying it bavk

Perhaps you cant renew vip or buy more while you have it, while you have debt

• Downvote 2

• 1 year later...

I know, im new and should shut the fuck up. But how much money is already invested into a company before it goes bankrupt? Thats not punishment enough? You have to sap a players VIP time too? Sounds like a brilliant way to keep people around. If an LLC goes under, you lose the investment capital. No one comes to your house and rapes your wife, steals your car, and burns down your house.

*edit* you can vote me down all you want but id appreciate it you had some semblance of understanding of how business works. Youve created a multipage thread of how to screw yourselves over and its pretty laughable.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

you can vote me down all you want but id appreciate it you had some semblance of understanding of how business works. Youve created a multipage thread of how to screw yourselves over and its pretty laughable.

And how would you go about it? Mike was pretty clear about why that stuff is in place. What would be your solution? Because just losing the invested BS-dollars clearly doesn't cut it. If there would be no penalty to blatantly bad business decisions (other than losing pseudo-dollar), it would open the door for all sorts of bad and sometimes shady practices. Be they intentional or unintenional.

Imagine a guy wanting to troll gym owners in a particular region. He'd just have to max. hire as many elite coaches as possible, setting the entry and weekly fee to a ham and an egg. New members would kick the door in! At the expense of the seriously run gyms. The bankruptcy would be a foregone conclusion. But what would it be to the owner? He'd just laughing all the way towards this bankruptcy. Costing all the other public gyms members and revenue in the process.

Edit: Mind you, the same (or a very comparable) scenario could also unfold by virtue of sheer ignorance rather than trolling intentions. The effect would be the same. So incentivising serious intentions and some thought beforehand is utterly necessary.

• Downvote 1

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...