NFL Week 1

BlakePhoenix

I have a reverse parley proposition - YOU take the parley end of it:

The Saints are the favorite to win (over the Raiders) and the Saints are at home.

The Ravens are the favorite to win (over the Bills) and the Ravens are at home.

Here's the deal: If both home favorites win, you win. If EITHER road dog wins, I win. I'm willing to bet any amount of Tycoon cash up to $100k. Any takers?

• Upvote 1

I have a reverse parley proposition - YOU take the parley end of it:

The Saints are the favorite to win (over the Raiders) and the Saints are at home.

The Ravens are the favorite to win (over the Bills) and the Ravens are at home.

Here's the deal: If both home favorites win, you win. If EITHER road dog wins, I win. I'm willing to bet any amount of Tycoon cash up to $100k. Any takers?

Con-artist.

What a shitty bet. Why not just bet head up instead of trying some wordplay for a shitty sheisty bet. You probably sell Mentor's special penis cream.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

I'll bet any amount of tycoon cash that the Bucs beat the Falcons in wk 1.

300k says Falcons win. Our NFL team's rivalry will be the opposite of our Tycoon rivalry, at least this year I suspect. Falcons usually start out hot so I suspect they win this.

• Upvote 1

300k says Falcons win. Our NFL team's rivalry will be the opposite of our Tycoon rivalry, at least this year I suspect. Falcons usually start out hot so I suspect they win this.

Done.

I feel like this will be reminiscent of Gruden vs Rich Gannon back in the '02-'03 Superbowl. Mike Smith and Dirk Koetter practically raised Matt Ryan in this league, and we're a much better team this year than we were last year, especially without Lovie Smith and Leslie Frazier's incompetent defense crippling us...

and we swept yall last year. We should do it again this year.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Done.

I feel like this will be reminiscent of Gruden vs Rich Gannon back in the '02-'03 Superbowl. Mike Smith and Dirk Koetter practically raised Matt Ryan in this league, and we're a much better team this year than we were last year, especially without Lovie Smith and Leslie Frazier's incompetent defense crippling us...

I miss Dirk man, not Smith so much but Shanahan can suck a fat chose.

I think we will this one but Smith might shut Ryan down, he knows he doesn't have the power to drive down the field every play. Bucs needs to get aggressive, double Julio and make Ryan throw bombs until the INTs come.

I think we will look real sharp the first few weeks tho like last year then fall apart. I don't like Shanahan and his convoluted, overcomplicated scheme. Just run a west coast ffs, you dont need 20 different variations of the same route.

• Upvote 1

Done.

I endorse this message.

I miss Dirk man, not Smith so much but Shanahan can suck a fat chose.

I think we will this one but Smith might shut Ryan down, he knows he doesn't have the power to drive down the field every play. Bucs needs to get aggressive, double Julio and make Ryan throw bombs until the INTs come.

I think we will look real sharp the first few weeks tho like last year then fall apart. I don't like Shanahan and his convoluted, overcomplicated scheme. Just run a west coast ffs, you dont need 20 different variations of the same route.

Mike Smith was the fucking man for yall. What's Dan Quinn done? Mike had 2 bad years before he got fired. Other than that 4-12 and his last losing season, had winning seasons usually in double digits iirc every year he was there. Dude was a helluva coach and the players mostly loved him. Really if you think about it, yall were already a playoff team before Koetter got there and went to shit the next two seasons. I just hope Smith sticks around for a few years in Tampa and doesn't use it as a platform to go get another HC gig.

Personally I've never cared for the Shanahan's or any complicated playcalling system. Jon Gruden's was super complex and unnecessary, it's what ultimately lead to him getting the boot in Tampa. No need for that " Swagger Right Offset Jet Blue Z Left Reverse Farside Zebra 6 Ringo on 3 " crap.

• Upvote 1

Mike Smith was the fucking man for yall. What's Dan Quinn done? Mike had 2 bad years before he got fired. Other than that 4-12 and his last losing season, had winning seasons usually in double digits iirc every year he was there. Dude was a helluva coach and the players mostly loved him. Really if you think about it, yall were already a playoff team before Koetter got there and went to shit the next two seasons. I just hope Smith sticks around for a few years in Tampa and doesn't use it as a platform to go get another HC gig.

Personally I've never cared for the Shanahan's or any complicated playcalling system. Jon Gruden's was super complex and unnecessary, it's what ultimately lead to him getting the boot in Tampa. No need for that " Swagger Right Offset Jet Blue Z Left Reverse Farside Zebra 6 Ringo on 3 " crap.

I loved him no doubt... Missed him? Eh maybe. He was a great coach and immediately turned around one of the most plagued and mediocre franchises in football. He was consistent, that was his best trait but being a Falcons fan I could see all the little things that led to his boot. It's not like I wanted him gone per say but we needed a change. Though what change we really need was the dismissal of TD and finding a new general manager. He is not horrible by any means but he is not good when you consider he let the o-line completely go to shit despite people bringing up the issue every season, he is horrendous when it comes to drafting d-line and a few other areas he's mediocre at. His best move was getting Julio but even that cost us a shit load but that was definitely worth it. If only we had a QB that could beam it down the field to him consistently.

As for Quinn, he's done nothing yet but he has only had one year with one of the worst defenses in football and a new OC that changes the entire system of the offense down to switching to zone blocking. We'll see what happens this year but he was handed a decent QB and great WR and a shit team everywhere else.

That is probably the biggest compliment to Mike Smith tho, he never had top players... He has competent players all around except for a few positions and made it work and won a shit ton cause of good coaching.

Shanahan is just trash, he's had enough chances to show everyone his offense works, it doesn't. It's too complicated if a smart and diligent QB like Matt Ryan still hasn't mastered the playbook.

I know Mike Smith burned out of the NFL. "Lost his fire" or something along those lines. I remember in an interview he talks about a book he wrote, somehow he lost "it" in Atlanta. So I can see why maybe he needed to go. You guys also had Warrick Dunn - one of my fav. FSU players all-time and my fav. Buc RB of all time (Mike Alstott is a FB) - who gave you a running game.

Still think we're gonna sweep you guys this year. We go better. Not sure if your team has or not but I know your first round draft pick will be banged up, and if Neal plays with a banged up leg, he's gonna get beat a lot. Trufant's solid, but it's not easy shutting down Mike Evans and VJ if Winston's on point. You should find a way to call your DC and warn him about the hurry up offense, I think TB kills it this year when they run it.

We'll likely end up in the 7-9 to 9-7 range and the wildcard hunt, give or take a few of the close games that could go either way. NFC south has a brutal schedule this year. I think ATL is an 8 win team at best, likely ending with 5-6 wins.

Any odds?

Since there have been no takers, I will offer the same odds which VegasInsider.com says you should get. For every $100 you risk, you stand to gain $104.14.

If Rambo would have bothered to do the calculations, he would have seen that the straight up bet wasn't that far off, and clearly not a "shitty" bet. People have made MUCH worse bets on this forum straight up.

Since there have been no takers, I will offer the same odds which VegasInsider.com says you should get. For every $100 you risk, you stand to gain $104.14.

If Rambo would have bothered to do the calculations, he would have seen that the straight up bet wasn't that far off, and clearly not a "shitty" bet. People have made MUCH worse bets on this forum straight up.

Gtfo. Saints are lookin at a 5 win season and the Ravens are in the dumpster as well. I'd be willing to bet on both the Raiders and Bills in those games.

you and blake pheonix must be roommates or butt buddies. stop tuggin on his pole. both of you succeed in the art of 25 year old QFC can crushing and record padding. it was a fraudulent bet, just like your mmatycoon records lol.

• Downvote 1

I know Mike Smith burned out of the NFL. "Lost his fire" or something along those lines. I remember in an interview he talks about a book he wrote, somehow he lost "it" in Atlanta. So I can see why maybe he needed to go. You guys also had Warrick Dunn - one of my fav. FSU players all-time and my fav. Buc RB of all time (Mike Alstott is a FB) - who gave you a running game.

Still think we're gonna sweep you guys this year. We go better. Not sure if your team has or not but I know your first round draft pick will be banged up, and if Neal plays with a banged up leg, he's gonna get beat a lot. Trufant's solid, but it's not easy shutting down Mike Evans and VJ if Winston's on point. You should find a way to call your DC and warn him about the hurry up offense, I think TB kills it this year when they run it.

We'll likely end up in the 7-9 to 9-7 range and the wildcard hunt, give or take a few of the close games that could go either way. NFC south has a brutal schedule this year. I think ATL is an 8 win team at best, likely ending with 5-6 wins.

That is what and most fans watching him in every interview and during every game could see as well. In the first few years of him being our head coach he had a mean streak and was fiery and red faced on the sideline. He brought energy (sometimes too much like him trying to fight DeAngelo Hall for instance) and the players responded. His combination of energy on the field and discipline, mistake-free football made us a solid team for years but the last couple seasons he was looking like a normal guy at his office salary job and starting mistaking mistakes on the field that cost us games. When he lost his energy so did the players and we ended up playing unenthusiastic football and just looked flat way too much. We needed and change and really so did he. Whether or not Quinn was the right move... I dunno...

I'll bet that Tampa gets 5+ sacks vs ATL.

I was going to say 7+ sacks, but that's being bold. Wouldn't be surprised if Matt Ryan doesn't allow himself to get sacked that much before he starts checking down or making quick reads, but at the same time wouldn't be surprised if we hit that lucky 7 sack marker.

I was extremely skeptical about your calculations so I did them myself using the odds given on this site: http://www.oddsshark.com/nfl/odds

Unless the odds on the site you gave are unbelievably different, which, as I said would have to be so different that I honestly do not believe it to be possible, your calculations are wrong.

The payoff of winning the bet the he described would be $204.2 for every $100, so almost double what you claim. Both of your offers are BS. Please check your calculations again.

I was extremely skeptical about your calculations so I did them myself using the odds given on this site: http://www.oddsshark.com/nfl/odds

Unless the odds on the site you gave are unbelievably different, which, as I said would have to be so different that I honestly do not believe it to be possible, your calculations are wrong.

The payoff of winning the bet the he described would be $204.2 for every $100, so almost double what you claim. Both of your offers are BS. Please check your calculations again.

You're right, my bad. I was thinking that was the payOUT, which includes you getting your $100 back which you have to essentially pay in advance, +104.20 in profit. I was wrong.

You're right, my bad. I was thinking that was the payOUT, which includes you getting your $100 back which you have to essentially pay in advance, +104.20 in profit. I was wrong.

Not sure if you understood me. I'm saying your profit would be $204.20 for every $100. i.e a bet of $100 would net you $304.2 then subtract the 100 and you get a profit of 204.2. That is what I am saying.