H1Z1 vs. Playerunknown's Battlegrounds

Beck

19 members have voted

1. 1. Which game do you prefer?

• H1Z1 - King of the Kill
    • Playerunknown's Battlegrounds
    • Both
    • Don't care

Both those weapons are so underrated. The scar has a slow firing rate, but is the most quiet AR out of them all. With a angled grip, the horizontal spray is reduced a lot. When firing it in a burst mode yourself, it is really good and accurate. I been trying to use the VSS and M16 myself a lot, as the M16 has the highest bullet velocity out of the AR's so it is amazing for moving targets that you get the drop on.

I'll take an UMP as my main weapon over anything. When its fully kitted out, its awesome. It's also a little more forgiving for bad shots when you you put it on full auto. I usually shoot for an AR of some type with a 2x scope for my ranged weapon. Honestly I dont know the differences in capabilities between the AR's, but I feel the most comfortable and successful with the SCAR. I think it seems like it recoils the least maybe.

The VSS is good for solo, but I hardly ever run across it.

Since I been playing the game so much, and wanna get the win, I went on and researched the weapons a bit on pages and youtube clips. The VSS in general is amazing just to hit non-moving targets. Once you figure out the scope and how to do the shots, one volley of bullets can kill a target before they move. The VSS's sound of firing carries slow, so leaving little reaction time if you fire off 4/5 shots in one burst. All shots should land before they hear it depending on the enemy their gear, those shots will kill them.

As for the weapons, this should give you an idea.

97afed15baaf62435fcbd32aa3e6c8fa.png

4ae9ad1612d01a158dca12c765d26b55.png

For even more info on the AR's: https://pubg.me/weapons/assault-rifles

And more info on all weapons can be found on the site too.

I nerded out enough about the weapons now I think :D

• Upvote 2

Somehow on PUBG i at least make the top 10 (almost) every time i play solo. No win yet tho. Gotten 2nd probably 5 times now on PC. probably wont get it on xbox. I got H1Z1 when it came out on the humble bundle but i couldnt get into it at all.

If I get past the first 5 minutes I usually end up in the top ten. I played solo 4 times this morning and got wasted in the first encounter two times and got my first 2nd place the last game. I killed #3 and #4 in the final circle with a SCAR, then got melted by the winner with a dpw that I never saw until he was blasting me.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

With some time since my last post, I am still enjoying the game quite a lot and put a good few hours in weekly. Favourite weapons are the Scar, M4 and VSS. An 8x scope on a silenced M4 is pure magic. Love that combination!

Also been fortunate enough to get some Supply Drop weapons but have not been able to work the AWM like I seen others do. Mainly cause the times I had it only had a holographic scope on it. The weapons sure are superior to those you can find, but seems you still need the right attachements to get some serious damage done.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I took a few weeks off from PUBG and just put in about four or five hours this morning. I upgraded my tv, I did a lot of research on 4k tvs with good lag input and bought a 55". I put it in my basement and moved my base of operations down there. The living room has become the playroom.

My first two games were both 4 kill top ten finishes. So I was feeling real good about my skills and was attributing past suckage to a 8 year old tv. My next 5 games, I went full potato and got one kill. I do think the new tv helps my close range gunfights. But it dont do shit for my mid and long range awful aim.

Question for you beck, I pulled a m24 from a crate today and really didnt know what to do with it. 10 round clip made me scared to use on full auto. I had a 4xscope on it, but got sniped before I could really do anything with it other then wounding a guy. What is the ideal way to use that gun?

Pulled the trigger and got a desktop at the start of this month so I finally got a chance to try out PUBG on it and it's a hell of a lot of fun for a Battle Royale style game. Still learning about the guns and what set up works for me best, but still managed to get a Win today. Definitely the kind of game you need to put time into to get used to the mechanics, but its looking like it's gonna become a staple of my gaming time.

• 3 weeks later...

I turned a corner in the last week and got two solo dinners. A 4 kill and my masterpiece, a 7 kill symphony of death.

It was weird, I stopped panicking in gunfights and the game slowed down for me. My long range gunplay is still pretty poor, but its improved lately as well.