• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

#41 jacky67

jacky67

Red Belt

• Manager
  • 5,143 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 08:54 PM

Guys I'm not sure that you realise that we're talking about GSP the guy being champ 11th times in the UFC, beating the top at their time over and over. How can you count him out and neglect all his former fights, this is like if Mike Tyson took a lay off and came back of course he would get a title shot right away.

There is really two options in this fight:

-GSP is broke and need a fight so he took what he think the easier to him and doesn't give a fuck about the results but the money he get

-GSP really want to win this fight and be a champ in MW.

If the second is right I don't think anyone can count him out I believe Bisping is stronger and has as good cardio as GSP; high enough takedown defense and boxing skills to counter GSP style, BUT GSP do one thing better than any other fighter is to come in fights with the right strategy and tricks.

GSP doesn't like to get hit and I doubt he will come into the rings against the MW champ without being fully prepared to fight him, he's a mastermind after all.

Last thing about the timing of this fight if it happens and he beat Bisping then there is a possible title against Anderson Silva for the biggest MMA fight in the history, I doubt any thing else can motivate him more than that.

If I had any insight I would be willing to bet a lot of money on this fight 15-20 days before it happens as the odds will probably be far from reality.

Posted Image
Shiv get raped 3 times streak in the same night,and he still ask more.
Worst beatdown ever Snake the pendulum vs Phil Ivey :50-42 .
20:42 Sniper1 i would love to see silva lose,he is like jacky
20:42 Sniper1 to me, they are pretty much the same:the goat.

#42 bjornmma1

bjornmma1

Red Belt

• Manager
  • 8,047 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 09:02 PM

Letting GSP fighting Bisping is shameless move bythe UFC. Sure, they give GSP a good money fight he might win, but at MW...?
Imagine if GSP wins and he would have to fight against Romero... he would get destroyed.
If GSP beats Bisping, they will try to set him up against McGregor.

#43 Mentor

Mentor

Red Belt

• Manager
  • 4,695 posts
  • Interests:Games, MMA, Basketball
  • Manager Profile

Posted 21 March 2017 - 04:34 AM

Letting GSP fighting Bisping is shameless move bythe UFC. Sure, they give GSP a good money fight he might win, but at MW...?
Imagine if GSP wins and he would have to fight against Romero... he would get destroyed.
If GSP beats Bisping, they will try to set him up against McGregor.

He will avoid Romero / Jacare so he does not need to worry about that.

3f347d48-7755-4a3b-b0c9-661314194acb_zps

#44 jacky67

jacky67

Red Belt

• Manager
  • 5,143 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 07:36 AM

Like he avoided people at 170 right ?

He may fight Anderson Silva or McGregor for a fight that everyone would be interested to see.

Posted Image

#45 Lefty

Lefty

Black Belt

• Manager
  • 1,223 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 08:40 AM

I love Anderson Silva but once Gastelum has his way with the former champ noone will want to fight him. Nobody really wants to fight him now anyways I find as he is a shadow of his former self. 

And Anderson Silva is still one of my favourite fighters of all time! But everyone has their own rise and decline...

I'm just saying a Silva vs GSP fight is kind of anti-climactic at this point. Kind of like the way Mayweather went about fighting all these fighters who were once great and on their decline by the time he faced them - it's just not as great of an achievement once the guy is already falling apart and struggling to put together a win.

I would much rather see Mcgregor vs GSP to be honest and there is likely much, much more money in that than fighting GSP against Silva.

#46 jacky67

jacky67

Red Belt

• Manager
  • 5,143 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 10:19 AM

Would be a great fight too but it's a missmatch for McGregor GSP would just toy him.

Posted Image

#47 Lefty

Lefty

Black Belt

• Manager
  • 1,223 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 03:10 PM

Would be a great fight too but it's a missmatch for McGregor GSP would just toy him.

Will be similar to Condit vs GSP except McG may not land the lucky head kick. GSP is a much heavier mesomorph, McG a naturally lighter ectomorph. The strength advantage is on GSPs side, the speed slightly to Mcgs advantage. Not quite enough to put GSP away. 

Let's put it this way: Noone is beating GSP if they aren't on roids  :showoff:

#48 Rambo

Rambo

Red Belt

• Manager
  • 7,775 posts
  • Interests:MMA, Football, $$$$$$$, Politics
  • Manager Profile

Posted 01 April 2017 - 07:02 PM

GSP vs anybody other than McGregor... will never reach the levels of McGregor fights.

GSP vs Anderson Silva would be a highly anticipated match for MMA fans, but not on a McGregor level.

I think Bisping wins this one.  Will be close, but I think ring rust will be huge in a situation like this.

tumblr_ma8cleJw2j1r015l2o2_500.gif

7gGdAvs.png

#49 bjornmma1

bjornmma1

Red Belt

• Manager
  • 8,047 posts

Posted 01 April 2017 - 07:36 PM

GSP vs anybody other than McGregor... will never reach the levels of McGregor fights.

GSP vs Anderson Silva would be a highly anticipated match for MMA fans, but not on a McGregor level.

I think Bisping wins this one.  Will be close, but I think ring rust will be huge in a situation like this.

Bisping is bigger and is a smart fighter. He isn`t the prettiest, cleanest fighter, but he knows how to win. He will irritate GSP and outkickbox him. It will be a close fight normally but I actually think Bisping might tko him.

#50 Lefty

Lefty

Black Belt

• Manager
  • 1,223 posts

Posted 01 April 2017 - 08:40 PM

It's really tough to say. GSP as we saw in his last fights in the octagon doesn't have the best standup skills. It will be close af. Bisping does have the chance to tko him but GSP couldn't get ko'd by a dude on roids who was koing everyone. 

It all comes down to "can Bisping stop the GSP TD and has his wrestling improved enough to keep it standing?"

#51 Rambo

Rambo

Red Belt

• Manager
  • 7,775 posts
  • Interests:MMA, Football, $$$$$$$, Politics
  • Manager Profile

Posted 01 April 2017 - 11:21 PM

I think GSP had one of the most efficient jabs in the division during his era. Good leg kicks too. I just think ultimately ring rust might get the better of him.  Few guys come back from a huge layoff and preform well.  TZK did but only after getting woke up and rocked a little bit.

tumblr_ma8cleJw2j1r015l2o2_500.gif

7gGdAvs.png

#52 jacky67

jacky67

Red Belt

• Manager
  • 5,143 posts

Posted 03 April 2017 - 10:12 AM

I really like McGregor and was the first to give him credit when everyone said Dennis Silver would KO him, but there is a big difference between him and GSP. GSP fought the best in his division at their prime a lot of McGregor fight not the case. I'm way more hyped to see next GSP fight than any mcgregor possible fight.

Posted Image

#53 JLP

JLP

Red Belt

• Manager
  • 5,393 posts

Posted 03 April 2017 - 10:48 AM

I really like McGregor and was the first to give him credit when everyone said Dennis Silver would KO him, but there is a big difference between him and GSP. GSP fought the best in his division at their prime a lot of McGregor fight not the case. I'm way more hyped to see next GSP fight than any mcgregor possible fight.

I dont remember anyone picking siver over mcgregor much less everyone saying he'd ko him. 

#54 Timqwe

Timqwe

Black Belt

• Manager
  • 1,114 posts

Posted 03 April 2017 - 11:12 AM

I dont remember anyone picking siver over mcgregor much less everyone saying he'd ko him. 

No, that's a ridiculous statement. I think the only time before Aldo Conor was the underdog was his debut against Brimmage.

\14544328831NkhWi0%20(1).gifiBk4dtB.png

#55 JimCornette

JimCornette

Blue Belt

• Manager
  • 136 posts
  • Interests:Professional Wrasslin'
  • Manager Profile

Posted 21 April 2017 - 04:08 PM

GSP should be a heavy underdog in this fight considering the time he has taken off and the size difference.

#56 jacky67

jacky67

Red Belt

• Manager
  • 5,143 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 01:19 AM

Check this exact forum then. Probably even you said so.

Posted Image

#57 JLP

JLP

Red Belt

• Manager
  • 5,393 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 01:24 AM

you check it.  you are the one making an absurd claim

#58 JLP

JLP

Red Belt

• Manager
  • 5,393 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 01:35 AM

http://www.mmatycoon...ic=47802&page=1

one guy who no one has ever heard of picked siver.  you are delusional.

I even had the round and finish correct.

#59 Timqwe

Timqwe

Black Belt

• Manager
  • 1,114 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 02:25 AM

Lol, look at the betting odds from the fight. You're proving once again you're an absolute buffoon.

\14544328831NkhWi0%20(1).gifiBk4dtB.png

#60 jacky67

jacky67

Red Belt

• Manager
  • 5,143 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 03:20 AM

http://www.mmatycoon...ic=47802&page=1

one guy who no one has ever heard of picked siver.  you are delusional.

I even had the round and finish correct.

This is 2 weeks before the fight I remember perfectly months before I was the only one saying that Gregor is legit and everyone said he fought only cans.

Posted Image

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users