LACC (Los Angeles Combat Club) Submission Wrestling World Championship

Monsieur.Camara

i think of you with high praise ninjas and its mainly because you beat me in the pyramid league last month combined with the fact my first org i was big into was ifc and ive been following ian tower throughout his career and he is a beast. i lost round 2 of ifc new blood and im currently in round 2 of new blood 2 but im not sure i can beat peter dry. good luck to everyone as this will be a bit different for most of us though from the looks of it some of us have some tgwc experience.

It may just be my experience, but I find grappling way harder to dominate when both guys are near in skill. The hiddens seem to matter a lot but are harder to pin down. With strikers, you know heavy hands and granite chin will go a long way. I've had a bunch of grappling-based fighters who couldn't transition their way out of a wet paper bag, despite good secondaries.

I think this field is wide open, but it'll be interesting to see if the veteran managers have their way with everyone in the slider department.

sacked a guy today so i am ready to go. like ninja said its going to be tough to dominate when everyone is going for the same thing and it will be highly interesting to see what happens. will the veteran managers take over with slider skills or we have me and tim who are known to make ground fighters or will this just be a decision fest as everyone will be knowingly defending submissions. i cant wait to see if people get subs or if this will all go down to points. watch someone get ko power or heavy handed when they dont actually need it for once.

I think that the veteran managers will likely have their way with the newer managers. Especially the farther into this thing we get.Their slider skills will be formidable and the skill points will become more pronounced as the tournament goes on. In the first round is where the field will be the most even, but as the rounds go you will see the benefit of the private gyms with one on one training really producing beastly fighters that will be able to enforce their will pretty much at will on anyone who doesn't have those same advantages. This is not me bitching. Just stating what I believe will be the case.

I think that the veteran managers will likely have their way with the newer managers. Especially the farther into this thing we get.Their slider skills will be formidable and the skill points will become more pronounced as the tournament goes on. In the first round is where the field will be the most even, but as the rounds go you will see the benefit of the private gyms with one on one training really producing beastly fighters that will be able to enforce their will pretty much at will on anyone who doesn't have those same advantages. This is not me bitching. Just stating what I believe will be the case.

To be fair, most guys that have been playing for at least a year train in private gyms, or gyms shared between 2 managers

To be fair, most guys that have been playing for at least a year train in private gyms, or gyms shared between 2 managers

Perhaps, but I think the combination of the one on one training and their experience will be the deciding factor late in the tournament. Early on is where the bast chance for myself and other managers have against the old guard, so to speak. Again, not bitching, just my observations and thoughts on it. It' is going to be fun regardless. KT and Grappling only tournaments are interesting because the points are all condensed into a small range of skills so it really comes down to slider-fu, hiddens, and training speed.

I used that same tool that Peter is using for his NJMMA tourney:

Here is your bracket !!!!

eWjekWa.png

Hi guys, with 330K approaching at lightning speed thanks to the Island I have sent a message to all 16 managers to please confirm their participation.

Please feel free to post here or PM me.

I want to make sure if we need to find a replacement it will be done on time and said replacement will be given the same 30 days training/testing time as the rest of the field.

Humble and I always do the best to present you with the best product at RISE and this tournament will be no different.

Sincerely,

Your RISE staff

• Upvote 3