2012 MMA Predictions

MMATycoon

Chuck Liddell will fight again in the UFC in 2012.

chuck vs tito 3, for a "legends" fight?

Tito has officially asked for either Tito vs Chuck 3 or Griffin vs Tito 2 as his farewell bout in June/July this year , that seems to make more sense for a Liddell Legends fight as Forrest won't be looking for 6 more months of since he hasn't fought since UFC 134?

http://cdn2.sbnation.com/fan_shot_images/227024/k67py.jpg

After winning the title from Tate Rhonda Rousey will be goaded into a fight with Cyborg, land an arm bar, and learn what a power bomb feels like in the process.

I take that back. Looks like Cyborg won't be fighting this year.

CALIFORNIA STATE ATHLETIC COMMISSION SUSPENDS LICENSE OF FIGHTER CRISTIANE JUSTINO SANTOS - a.k.a. CRIS CYBORG

Mixed Martial Arts fighter tested positive for anabolic steroid in December 16, 2011 test

The California State Athletic Commission (CSAC) has suspended the license of Mixed Martial Arts (MMA) fighter Cristiane Justino Santos, better known in MMA circles as Cris Cyborg, and has fined her $2,500 as the result of a positive test for a banned substance.

Santos' December 16, 2011 drug test came back positive for stanozolol metabolites. CSAC learned of the test results December 23, 2011 and suspended Santos's license, with the suspension applied retroactively to December 16, 2011. In accordance with Rule 368, the result of her last fight between Hiroko Yamanaka will be changed to a "No Decision".

"Our primary concern is for the health and safety of fighters," said CSAC Executive Officer George Dodd. "Anabolic agents and other banned substances put not only the users of those agents at risk, but their opponents as well. The commission simply will not tolerate their use."

The use of certain substances, including anabolic steroids, is prohibited under the Commission's regulations, and CSAC has among the toughest drug testing standards of any Athletic Commission in the country. It is the only commission that requires urine samples to be taken in the presence of a commission representative prior to a bout.

Santos's provision of a urine sample was observed by a CSAC representative and the sample was sent to the World Anti-doping Agency test facility at the University of California, Los Angeles. Santos has the right to appeal the suspension of her license.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2012/1/6/2688239/cyborg-santos-steroids-positive-test-strikeforce

http://www.mmatattoos.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/cyborg.JPG

You can predict something without being a "hater", chum. GSP is gonna come off a long time of recovery, and probably suffer from severe ring rust in his next fight. His style is based on reflexes and exploding, and the knee injury\time off might hurt that.

i really dont believe in ring rust it might affect some fighters but GSP is the best and he'll manage to beat anyone and remain one of the top p4p fighters. soon the best in the world.

Here is something to think about. How astronomical would the chances be that Mrs Cyborg is taking steroids but Mr Cyborg isnt? But since he hasnt tested positive yet i guess people will believe he doesn't use them like they do Overeem. lol. Guy-borg Man-tos should be kicked out of SF. There are a lot of females trying to build their sport. Mantos cheated the biggest stars they had became the face of their sport and more than likely killed it. I really dont see how SF can continue the division. The bitch will always be taking stuff. No one will have any credibility. Carano all but left the sport because she got beat up by a man. I would tell Mantos to GTFO and go to japan. You aint fighting here!

someone photoshop a pic of cyborg wearing a shirt that says "if you like my tits you should see my balls"

lmao!!! How about "10-1 8 wins via Tea-bagging" or my favorite "I pee standing up".

Here is something to think about. How astronomical would the chances be that Mrs Cyborg is taking steroids but Mr Cyborg isnt? But since he hasnt tested positive yet i guess people will believe he doesn't use them like they do Overeem. lol. Guy-borg Man-tos should be kicked out of SF. There are a lot of females trying to build their sport. Mantos cheated the biggest stars they had became the face of their sport and more than likely killed it. I really dont see how SF can continue the division. The bitch will always be taking stuff. No one will have any credibility. Carano all but left the sport because she got beat up by a man. I would tell Mantos to GTFO and go to japan. You aint fighting here!

Yeah, let's get someone fired before they're proven guilty. Great idea.

The California regulatory commission is the most stringent of all fight commissions and they have a good track record. It IS proven guilt already. That said though, she shouldn't get any stricter punishment than any other professional athlete who tests positive. She is hardly the first professional atlete to test positive for juicing. She should get the same as all the rest. Which is what? A one year suspension and a fine or something like that? Maybe she will use the stuff again, maybe not, but the reason laws work at all is if they are applied equally to everyone.

What more proof do you want? She pissed positive for Winstrol and has already been striped of her belt and suspended.

The California regulatory commission is the most stringent of all fight commissions and they have a good track record. It IS proven guilt already. That said though, she shouldn't get any stricter punishment than any other professional athlete who tests positive. She is hardly the first professional atlete to test positive for juicing. She should get the same as all the rest. Which is what? A one year suspension and a fine or something like that? Maybe she will use the stuff again, maybe not, but the reason laws work at all is if they are applied equally to everyone.

I agree about the laws. But companies dont have to follow precedent. So i believe SF should release her. Not solely because she failed but the timing of it. The womans division is very young and i would say most of the fighters are not taking PE's like the men. Add to that the early stages of the sport for them then you have a few athletes mixed in with no so great athletes. You cant have someone roided up like a man pounded a fragile woman. Mens MMA has been around long enough that only the best, toughest, strongest, and most skill are fighting in the Big promotions. There are still many shitty female MMA fighters at the highest level. Which is why they are not in the UFC. So given the extreme danger in her fighting these girls, the increased danger there is for females to use PE's and her being a bad example, and how her cheating has effected all female fighters. I think she should be released. Just as bad timing for a failed test led to Nate Marquardt being released. So it is well within their rights.

To be honest the biggest reason she should be gone is she would still have a cheating advantage even if she did go clean which would never happen. She has such a size and power advantage from all the Steroids she has taken that she will still have those advantages long after she stops using. That muscle and strength just doesnt disappear.

So you are suggesting that even after a year lon suspension that she should not be allowed ot compete at all just because she has more muscles? I'm not trying to defend her cheating and using of illegal controlled substances or the fact that it does increase the risk for other competitors particularly the ones who don't use steroids, but you cannot just arbitrarily apply a harsher punishment on a person for the fuck of it. I don't watch Strikeforce hardly ever, so I don't know too much about them to be honest. So what has been SFs policy with other fighters that have tested positive? Whatever they did with those fighters should be their same policy with Cyborg. They should also check to see if she has a penis just to be sure, but... that is another matter....

Ok so suddenly this became the roid thread. Why is nobody predicting that Nick and Benevidez both will have worn UFC belts before the end of 2012? Somebody should, it's highly likely.

What more proof do you want? She pissed positive for Winstrol and has already been striped of her belt and suspended.

I thought you meant Mr Cyborg because you talked about him possibly (probably) juicing too. Sorry for misreading.

So you are suggesting that even after a year lon suspension that she should not be allowed ot compete at all just because she has more muscles? I'm not trying to defend her cheating and using of illegal controlled substances or the fact that it does increase the risk for other competitors particularly the ones who don't use steroids, but you cannot just arbitrarily apply a harsher punishment on a person for the fuck of it. I don't watch Strikeforce hardly ever, so I don't know too much about them to be honest. So what has been SFs policy with other fighters that have tested positive? Whatever they did with those fighters should be their same policy with Cyborg. They should also check to see if she has a penis just to be sure, but... that is another matter....

I dont know what is typical of SF since they are now owned by Zuffa. Im sure things have changed or at least control over these patters have. Zuffa through the UFC have shown that each case is different and they dont have a uniform policy. Just as the Athletic commissions have different suspentions for each situation. For example if you confess you get a lighter sentence some times. If you try to cover it up like Randleman did they wont reduce it. He got a full year. Even then you are only allowed to apply after the year not that they have to accept.

Like i said the UFC/Zuffa can go case by case and has already. When we are talking about Womans MMA which has girls fighting that look to have never strength trained in their life and only fighting in SF due to lack of female fighters talent pool. It makes a huge difference that she still has steroided advantages in her fights. But the reason she should be released is the timing of her cheating. It was a horrible time for Womans MMA let alone SF and MMA in general. Womans MMA was already in Limbo with Zuffa. Now it loses its only active star and give its a black eye. She was caught at a time Zuffa and Showtime were negotiating Strike Forces future. MMA itself is now even more in the sport light due to the UFC Fox deal.

The last time someone got caught at such a bad time was Josh Barnett. THe UFC was just recently added back to cable tv in the US. They were in the process of getting sanctioned by many states in the US. and he failed his test for steroids. The UFC stripped him of his title and released him. Cyborg is almost an identical situation but from the Female perspective of their sport.

fedor fights the winner of the strikeforce gp in strikeforce, and then makes the move to the ufc with the remaining heavyweights.

i was predict that fedor fights brock at japan's end of the year extravaganza...but i'm pretty sure the ufc will throw some type of non-compete clause onto brock as far as mma goes if they release him.

fedor fights the winner of the strikeforce gp in strikeforce, and then makes the move to the ufc with the remaining heavyweights.

i was predict that fedor fights brock at japan's end of the year extravaganza...but i'm pretty sure the ufc will throw some type of non-compete clause onto brock as far as mma goes if they release him.

I think Brock has finish his contract. So im pretty sure he could fight in Japan on a NYE card if he wanted and the UFC couldnt do anything.

I am pretty sure he never wants to see the inside of a ring or cage again.

I think Brock dont mind fighting but liike most athletes pretending to be fighters. He just dont want to get beat up. Fighting as a career means you keep moving up the ladder to an ass kicking. I dont think it would be hard for the UFC to get him to fight a Frank Mir at some point because its a fight he should win. I think if not for a WWE career he would possibly take a single fight in Japan if it was to fight a bum. But if he is making money in WWE i dont think he will go back into MMA.

I agree about the laws. But companies dont have to follow precedent. So i believe SF should release her. Not solely because she failed but the timing of it. The womans division is very young and i would say most of the fighters are not taking PE's like the men. Add to that the early stages of the sport for them then you have a few athletes mixed in with no so great athletes. You cant have someone roided up like a man pounded a fragile woman. Mens MMA has been around long enough that only the best, toughest, strongest, and most skill are fighting in the Big promotions. There are still many shitty female MMA fighters at the highest level. Which is why they are not in the UFC. So given the extreme danger in her fighting these girls, the increased danger there is for females to use PE's and her being a bad example, and how her cheating has effected all female fighters. I think she should be released. Just as bad timing for a failed test led to Nate Marquardt being released. So it is well within their rights.

To be honest the biggest reason she should be gone is she would still have a cheating advantage even if she did go clean which would never happen. She has such a size and power advantage from all the Steroids she has taken that she will still have those advantages long after she stops using. That muscle and strength just doesnt disappear.

completly agree.