Fedor vs Barnett

dushira

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no kiddin, thats awesome man!

how are u managing that?

Im am a part of the promoters that is hosting the PPV next weekend featuring Bobby Lashley, Bob Sapp, Din Thomas, Gilbert Yvel, Pedro Rizzo, Chris Horodecki and many more fighters. Tom Atencio(the VP of Affliction) is also fighting on our card and a few of his fighters that are fighting on the Affliction card will be in attendance. The guy that is fighting Tom Atencio has a few fighters on MMA TYCOON also...

Im am a part of the promoters that is hosting the PPV next weekend featuring Bobby Lashley, Bob Sapp, Din Thomas, Gilbert Yvel, Pedro Rizzo, Chris Horodecki and many more fighters. Tom Atencio(the VP of Affliction) is also fighting on our card and a few of his fighters that are fighting on the Affliction card will be in attendance. The guy that is fighting Tom Atencio has a few fighters on MMA TYCOON also...

holy crap man, thats the coolest thing that ive ever heard.

how does that work? do u get things set up for the event and then take a seat and watch it happen or do you do your part while its taking place?

holy crap man, thats the coolest thing that ive ever heard.

how does that work? do u get things set up for the event and then take a seat and watch it happen or do you do your part while its taking place?

LOL... I wish it was that easy. Im with the PR for the show. I run the main website for the event theultimatechaos.com ; do the press releases, answer about 200 questions a day, set up interviews and much more. My family owns the company and I basically do what they need me to do. PM me your address and hopefully i can get the Event poster signed by a few of the guys.

I even pimped MMATYCOON on the front page of our website...

Lol that is cool

hahaha. anybody that thinks that that punch was anything at all more than luck needs to get there eyes checked.

it was obviously luck. fedor was getting his ass handed to him the entire fight and aa had got him backed into a corner and all that fedor could do was just thro a blind punch. and in my opinion if he had not landed it and aa wer not the biggest moron on the planet and try to go for a flying knee. i mean wtf was that? fedor would have been nocked out very shortly after. its hard to talk to sum ppl that just dont c things for what they are, but fedor was overmatched that night.

the problem is is that to many ppl are followers and get so caught up in hype and what the crowd is saying that they lose all ability to make logical assumptions. even when most of the time its so clear.

but im not a fedor hater. i personally thot that he was invincible also, until that night. the difference is, i and steeve and doug are willing to adjust our point of views according to reality.

and as far as barnett and fedor go. i am probly the biggest barnett fan that there is, (but i dont let that interfere with my logic) and i am pretty confident that he will beat fedor, most likely by dec.

but i cant wait for the lines to come out. fedor is sure to be the large favorite (probly +350 or better) and i am gonna cleeeaaan up!! ive got about 400 or 500 saved up just for this fight. thats gonna send me on my vacation

are you a comedian?

Um, wow. Moving your head out of the way of a flying knee then tagging a guy with a glass jaw for the KO isn't luck.

Got his ass handed to him the entire fight? There's a reason it only lasted 3 minutes, 14 seconds. Arlovski had a reach advantage with superior boxing technique thanks to his new trainer, but none of his punches ever staggered the monster. None of them. Being Invincible isn't the ability to never get hit. That's agility which is how Machida fights. Invincibility is being able to laugh at the damage your opponents attempt to inflict before you eventually smash them and that's what happened to Arlovski.

*SPOILER ALERT*

And no one who loses to Cro Cop three times in a row is going to beat the monster that is Fedor. Sorry.

Um, wow. Moving your head out of the way of a flying knee then tagging a guy with a glass jaw for the KO isn't luck.

Got his ass handed to him the entire fight? There's a reason it only lasted 3 minutes, 14 seconds. Arlovski had a reach advantage with superior boxing technique thanks to his new trainer, but none of his punches ever staggered the monster. None of them. Being Invincible isn't the ability to never get hit. That's agility which is how Machida fights. Invincibility is being able to laugh at the damage your opponents attempt to inflict before you eventually smash them and that's what happened to Arlovski.

*SPOILER ALERT*

And no one who loses to Cro Cop three times in a row is going to beat the monster that is Fedor. Sorry.

well as far as fedor vs. barnett. i actually do think that barnett will when that fight and that hes the most agile/nimble of all the heavy's and has the most complete skills top to bottom of all the heavy's. not neccesarily the best in any one category but solid thru out. not sure how he stacks up in an actual match with lesnar just yet? but the fight with fedor, he has the obvious stand up advantage. i say that becos he stood toe to toe with alex and won and its a widely acknowledged fact and has ben for years that alex has the better stand up of the two emilianko brothers. barnett does not possess ko power but he possesses decent tecknickle striking. and i think that barnett has the better ground skills between him and fedor. and the conditioning factor is so far much in barnetts favor. i know not 1 other heavy that has conditioning that is on the level of barnett. the thing that scares me as it does usually with ufc fights is not only do u have to beat a fighter but u have to beat the hype. thats y i think if it goes to a decision. it could fall easily in fedors favor.

the aa fight, it seemed to me that fedor had never quite hit queer street but if u go back and look at the fight and just watch soley fedor, and look closely then u can see a couple times ther wer fedor was visibly in trouble/worried. ofcoarse, if u dont look at it with an open mind then u cant see it. that could be my problem but i dont think so, becos goin into that fight i was a huge fedor fan(still am) and absolutly did not like aa. so if i was showing a bias opinion i would think that it would have been in favor of fedor. not aa. if u understand at all what im sayin.

as far as cro cop goes. hes a simple nut to crack. example: check congo: all that he done the entire fight was circle away from cro cops left leg. thats all it takes to beat him. barnett didnt do that cos hes stated many times in interviews that he doesnt train for any particular fighter. he just trains mma and doesnt really care wer the fight goes.

and the last thing cos ive wrote to much already. ppl make mention that barnett took to long finishing yvell and thats right he should have stopped him long b4. but is the glass half full or half empty. i look at it this way. how many times do u see a fight wer one man can stay mouted for that long with out getting bucked. naturally it requires skill to do that, but thats a sign of intelligience and presence of mind more than skill. which is barnetts number 1 attribute. hes a very intelligeint fighter.

well as far as fedor vs. barnett. i actually do think that barnett will when that fight and that hes the most agile/nimble of all the heavy's and has the most complete skills top to bottom of all the heavy's. not neccesarily the best in any one category but solid thru out. not sure how he stacks up in an actual match with lesnar just yet? but the fight with fedor, he has the obvious stand up advantage. i say that becos he stood toe to toe with alex and won and its a widely acknowledged fact and has ben for years that alex has the better stand up of the two emilianko brothers. barnett does not possess ko power but he possesses decent tecknickle striking. and i think that barnett has the better ground skills between him and fedor. and the conditioning factor is so far much in barnetts favor. i know not 1 other heavy that has conditioning that is on the level of barnett. the thing that scares me as it does usually with ufc fights is not only do u have to beat a fighter but u have to beat the hype. thats y i think if it goes to a decision. it could fall easily in fedors favor.

the aa fight, it seemed to me that fedor had never quite hit queer street but if u go back and look at the fight and just watch soley fedor, and look closely then u can see a couple times ther wer fedor was visibly in trouble/worried. ofcoarse, if u dont look at it with an open mind then u cant see it. that could be my problem but i dont think so, becos goin into that fight i was a huge fedor fan(still am) and absolutly did not like aa. so if i was showing a bias opinion i would think that it would have been in favor of fedor. not aa. if u understand at all what im sayin.

as far as cro cop goes. hes a simple nut to crack. example: check congo: all that he done the entire fight was circle away from cro cops left leg. thats all it takes to beat him. barnett didnt do that cos hes stated many times in interviews that he doesnt train for any particular fighter. he just trains mma and doesnt really care wer the fight goes.

and the last thing cos ive wrote to much already. ppl make mention that barnett took to long finishing yvell and thats right he should have stopped him long b4. but is the glass half full or half empty. i look at it this way. how many times do u see a fight wer one man can stay mouted for that long with out getting bucked. naturally it requires skill to do that, but thats a sign of intelligience and presence of mind more than skill. which is barnetts number 1 attribute. hes a very intelligeint fighter.

Although you made some intelligent points I have to post this:

http://thedailyaphorism.com/aphorisms/tsol_aphorisms_posters23.jpg

How idiots win arguments.

Reply with any random picture with fail in it (the more fails, the better). Other idiots might think it is funny and reply with positive comments, making the first idiot think that he won the argument. Everybody happy!!

http://www.coredmonthly.com/Archives/sevensins/images/mission_accomplished.jpg

Whatever makes you feel good, champ.

What a great way to support your opinion on the subject of the thread.

I'm going to assume that you are talking to me. Since you like to pick on me. :weeping: But how does this post support your oppinion on the subject of the thread exactly?

Btw I think Fedor wins by unanimous decision but if odds are good you should bet Barnett!

How idiots win arguments.

Reply with any random picture with fail in it (the more fails, the better). Other idiots might think it is funny and reply with positive comments, making the first idiot think that he won the argument. Everybody happy!!

http://www.coredmonthly.com/Archives/sevensins/images/mission_accomplished.jpg

Whatever makes you feel good, champ.

Why should I try to give complicate arguments of how I think his point of view is wrong?

Many things are better when you keep them simple.

http://pix.motivatedphotos.com/2008/10/27/633607470680331650-trolls.jpg

He didn't see the knee coming. He got knocked into the ropes and punched as he came off (as you should), unfortunately, he was looking at AAs feet when he launched it. It landed by sheer luck. he never saw where Arloviski's face was as he released the punch.

Check it out

http://i471.photobucket.com/albums/rr77/toropreto/affliction-day-of-reckoning/fedor-arlovski-1.gif

He didn't see the knee coming. He got knocked into the ropes and punched as he came off (as you should), unfortunately, he was looking at AAs feet when he launched it. It landed by sheer luck. he never saw where Arloviski's face was as he released the punch.

Check it out

http://i471.photobucket.com/albums/rr77/toropreto/affliction-day-of-reckoning/fedor-arlovski-1.gif

Fedor trains specefic for his opponents and studies them. Arlovski did that flying knee before, Fedor knew there was a good chance it was coming .. he trained for it, executed the perfect countermove .. hit ..

Fedor trains specefic for his opponents and studies them. Arlovski did that flying knee before, Fedor knew there was a good chance it was coming .. he trained for it, executed the perfect countermove .. hit ..

A blind countermove. Yep, he strategized that he would get kicked into the ropes, look away from his target, and attempt, nay, succeed at knocking out his opponent. :yeahright:

I swear. If Jesus Christ himself fought Fedor, you'd think that Fedor would be the favorite. He got lucky. THe better the fighter, the luckier they get. But he got lucky nonetheless.

Check it out

You have REALLY BAD eyes. That was literally the best counter I've seen in MMA. As Arlovski jumps up, Fedor aims the punch, ducks underneath his hands, slugs the idiot and stop the knee with the other hand. That is AMAZING technique as he allows no room for error in that strike, defensively. That is how you're supposed to fight.

A blind countermove. Yep, he strategized that he would get kicked into the ropes, look away from his target, and attempt, nay, succeed at knocking out his opponent. :yeahright:

I swear. If Jesus Christ himself fought Fedor, you'd think that Fedor would be the favorite. He got lucky. THe better the fighter, the luckier they get. But he got lucky nonetheless.

Since I'm in a lazy moment I'm just going to post this from sherdog:

"Originally Posted by Mochan

I wouldn't be surprised if Fedor was baiting Arlovski to get excited and make a mistake.

Facts:

1. Arlvoski is known to lower his hands and go for the kill when he thinks his opponent is out. And has paid dearly for it in the past. See Arlovski vs. Sylvia 2.

2. Arlovski has used the flying knee in the past. See Arlovski .vs. Rothwell.

3. Fedor is known to gameplan by looking for holes in his opponent's game, and he trains to explot these weaknesses. Fedor stated this in an interview.

4. Fedor can check leg kicks just fine. See him fight against crocop.

Put that together and it's not hard to imagine that Fedor saw a hole in Arlovski's game and trained to exploit it -- with his trademark overhand right nonetheless. By appearing to take Arlovski's attacks (when they actually weren;t doing anything) and making himself look hurt and helpless, he may have goaded Arlovski into overcommiting for the knee and Fedor was waiting for it."

The statements, opinions and conclusions outlined on this argument are those of some random guy in sherdog. They are based on his own studies, research and personal experience.

The author expressly disclaims all and any liability and responsibility to any person, in respect of anything and the consequences of anything, done or omitted to be done by any such person in reliance, whether wholly or partially, upon the whole or any part of the contents of this post.

You have REALLY BAD eyes. That was literally the best counter I've seen in MMA. As Arlovski jumps up, Fedor aims the punch, ducks underneath his hands, slugs the idiot and stop the knee with the other hand. That is AMAZING technique as he allows no room for error in that strike, defensively. That is how you're supposed to fight.

how is it a counter if the punch is released befor the knee starts?

I'm done. I don't normally use these terms, but "the nuthuggery is getting ridiculous in here"

Just because Fedor manage to press forward to close the distance between the two of them, ruining the time frame that the knee needed to be executed in, doesn't negate the fact that he jumped into the air towards Fedor with the intent to do that exact maneuver. That's a counter to a telegraphed maneuver.