Fighters named Covid

Django

I'm asking the managers in this game to stop using Covid, Covid19, Corona, Virus, or any other permutations of the name when naming their fighters.

It's not funny, it's not cute.

There are players in the game who have been directly affected by Covid19. Family members, friends, acquaintances have been seriously sick, have died.

Let's please show some respect and compassion for those who lost someone, or endured days without contact while a family member fought for their lives in an ICU. No contact with parents or grandparents locked up in nursing homes.

When it visits your family you may think differently about how funny your fighter's name is. I pray that doesn't happen.

I'm asking for all the guys in the game who wince when they see those names.

How about maybe you spend a few VIP days and change those names. Seems to me the right thing to do.

Thanks everyone.

• Upvote 11
  • Downvote 8

One image does not speak more than a thousand words. Thats a terrible saying.

We are quite complex monkeys that can make millions of conections and emotions. I can see a picture of a tree and have a negative reaction thinking of deforastation and global warming. Someone else can have a positive reaction and remember his grampa gardens tree house.

Exactly naming "Covid" or "Corona" can be the steam valve someone dealing with this shit found to cope and dont explode. I have no corona or covid named fighter, but I do question who are you to tell anyone else here what is the right thing to do or how to expend their vip days. You may think you are some high/good morale or social justice crusader, but you are not.

There are a lot of shrinks and psychologists attending online thru skype or whatever, maybe you should find other way to cope with your feelings and frustations rather than taking it out on someone else.

• Upvote 12
  • Downvote 3

Should we also stop using any sort of avatar image that includes explosions, fire or anything else that might be traumatic to somebody with PTSD or similar? Should we perhaps not hold any cards or fights and instead have our fighters throw tea parties so that anybody who has suffered through violence, abuse or other assault isn't offended and triggered? Should we not name any of our fighters Brett either since just about every Brett I've ever run across is a complete douche?

Tell ya what, send us the full list of policies and guidelines on what we should and shouldn't do within the game and we'll be sure to do the right things going forward...like drop it on the ground and piss on it "Major League" style!

Or you can get over it, let people do what they want within a game in this day and age if it lets them let off steam, and if you can't make it through the day without being triggered by the word "Covid", "Corona" or "Virus", consider just staying off the internet because this game will be the least of your issues.

Have a nice day ya miserable shit.

• Upvote 12
  • Downvote 2

I mean, we had a fighter name Alzheimer at top rankings a few weeks ago, why is that acceptable? Feet fungus is a huge problem for diabetic feet and a cause of ulcer and amputation.
Dont stop there, we have now fighters at top rankings name Crotch Grabber (Sex Violence/Rape), Dick cbomb (phalocentric patriarchy) and Jesus (conservative evangelism or orthodox christians could be triggered by this use of His name)... And we have a top manager called Valentina's ASS (extreme misoginy/sexist)....
And thats just one page.

So where do we draw the line? Why just now? Is is good high morale standards?

This is not like Humorz posting nazi stuff. I maintain my advice, you should look for a psychologist to develop your own coping mechanisms.

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 2

It`s a valid ask from OP and people can either agree and change it or not.

But to ridicule him for it it`s a bit short sighted.

I remember when I started playing there was some noise about an Adolf Hitler named character. Manager got banned and all.

Also some shirts are not allowed to be worn due to it`s content (a steaming pile of shit). But if you make the same shirt in a cartoonish style it`s ok.

So Hitler and real looking Shit no, COVID and cartoon shit yes hmmm see what I mean?

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 8

It`s a valid ask from OP and people can either agree and change it or not.

But to ridicule him for it it`s a bit short sighted.

I remember when I started playing there was some noise about an Adolf Hitler named character. Manager got banned and all.

Also some shirts are not allowed to be worn due to it`s content (a steaming pile of shit). But if you make the same shirt in a cartoonish style it`s ok.

So Hitler and real looking Shit no, COVID and cartoon shit yes hmmm see what I mean?

Don't you have some forums posts to report?

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

I'm asking the managers in this game to stop using Covid, Covid19, Corona, Virus, or any other permutations of the name when naming their fighters.

It's not funny, it's not cute.

There are players in the game who have been directly affected by Covid19. Family members, friends, acquaintances have been seriously sick, have died.

Let's please show some respect and compassion for those who lost someone, or endured days without contact while a family member fought for their lives in an ICU. No contact with parents or grandparents locked up in nursing homes.

When it visits your family you may think differently about how funny your fighter's name is. I pray that doesn't happen.

I'm asking for all the guys in the game who wince when they see those names.

How about maybe you spend a few VIP days and change those names. Seems to me the right thing to do.

Thanks everyone.

Embarrassing if serious

• Upvote 3

I thought it was funny when I created Jose Corona and Diego Corona. I added to their bio: "His style is contagious." They evolved slowly and thus have been vaccinated from my gym for poor hygiene and improper social distancing.

Corona sucks but I'm insensitive and laugh at stupid shit.

• Upvote 6

Hey man I with ya Django. I interpreted your message as one thats coming from a positive place. You're not hurting anyone by sharing your opinion & neither are the people replying to your post. I personally may disagree with a lot of people on this thread but it does give perspective from all angles. At the end of the day it takes all types of people to make up this world. Just keep on doin' you thats all you can do brotha.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1