BEEF: SlaughterSeason[VIP]

Scooby

O'Connor Returns To The Cage

http://mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/13762188447833.jpg

"Lucky" Liam O'Connor

29 years old

185lbs

9-4

Former Island Season 1 fighter Liam O'Connor has announced that he has signed up to participate in the BEEF tournament. This will be his first fight since he left the Island. The tournament will contain fighters from both Season 1 & 2 and is an openweight tournament so all fighters can enter it.

"It'll be good to get back in the cage, I've been wanting to get back to fighting for quite some time. I've been preparing for my return for a couple of months now and I hope I'll get a win in my first fight back in the cage. Thanks to BEEF for inviting me to the tournament. All the best to everyone entering."

• 4 weeks later...

O'Connor Wins In Comeback Fight!

http://mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/13762188447833.jpg

"Lucky" Liam O'Connor

29 years old

185lbs

10-4

It's been 3 years in MMA Tycoon time or 8 months and 4 days in real life since we last saw Liam O'Connor step into the cage. Nobody was sure if he was ever going to come back after his stay on the first season of The Island, he had proven himself to be one of the best Middleweight fighters on that season of The Island and was a fan favourite during his time there. Since he left The Island, nobody had heard from him for a long time and it wasn't until a month ago that he talked about the prospect of going back into the cage.

"I miss that feeling of stepping into the cage and getting ready to fuck shit up, I think it's about time I step back into the cage again. I've been helping the guys over at Team Finland prepare for their fights since I left The Island, it's great seeing the guys there do well, we've got 4 champions but it's not the same as actually getting in the cage and fighting, I miss it.

I'll sign for 1 fight and if it goes well, who knows maybe I'll be back fighting regularly again. If you want to sign one of the best Middleweight fighters from the first season of The Island, then hit me up with a contract. Also wouldn't mind showing these new guys (2nd season of The Island) a thing or two, so if any of them feel brave enough, call me out!"

Shortly after releasing BEEF management team made the announcement that he was joining their SlaughterSeason tournament, a tournament for fighters who participated on either Season 1 or Season 2 of The Island. This was exactly what Liam O'Connor was looking for, he wanted the chance to prove himself once more by getting in the cage again instead of just training in the gym.

It didn't take Liam O'Connor long to pick up his first win since leaving The Island. The fight ended in a familiar fashion with Liam O'Connor pulling guard and forcing his opponent to tap out. It wasn't the easiest fight of Liam's career as he was cut open from one of his opponents strikes shortly after the fight started.

We managed to get a quick word with Liam O'Connor after his win:

" It was an amazing feeling stepping back inside that cage again tonight, when that cage door closes, the adrenaline starts pumping... you know it's just the two of you in that cage and you'll do anything it takes to win. I got the win tonight and that was the most important thing, I'm looking forward to the next round of this tournament and who knows maybe I could end up the winner by the time this tournament is over.

It was weird fighting a Heavyweight. I never fought in an openweight fight before, those guys can certainly hit a lot harder than the guys I was used to fighting although that being said they are quite a bit slower. You really have to think carefully about what you're going to do before stepping in to fight in an openweight fight.

I want to thank Scooby for giving me the chance to step once more in that cage. I loved every minute being in that cage tonight. I also want to thank all my fans who have patiently waited for my return to the cage and I hope they enjoyed that fight tonight! "