New Manager Contest! (Free Munees)

MooshLooLoo

Ah as its an Evolution spending spree I'd be rude not to! 10k each to the 5 I feel are the best over 70k I'd answers I see. Will award them randomly as they come up :)

• Upvote 1

I'm going to join the fray and throw down 10k to the first 5 over 70k as well on behalf of Evolution Fighting Clan.

It's an Evolution spending spree!!!!

Will send money when Roger or Keg send me the five managers as I am way too not sober right now.

Wow..this is turning out to be a very productive thread..:D

Ok, 4 of the first 5 have been rewarded, and if Crystalgeyser gets his/her ID before end of contest the rewards will be sent there too! If no ID is sent, the next person w/ answers & ID will get that prize, but we're still going!

Keep the answers coming and if you're not answering, please vote for the person you think answered best (however you judge 'best!)...

Answer w/ the most votes will get 25k prize at the end, and EVERY eligible manager will get 3k just for playing... I'm having fun reading the answers and want MORE!

Alright. Munees here I come!

Jett Jones (72252)

1. e. (Make your own, but it better be good...)

2. My favorite MMA fighter ever is Randy Couture. I know this is the most cliche choice but sometimes cliches are for good reason so hear me out. Randy Couture is simply amazing; the dude understood what this sport was before anyone else did. He understood that you have to be able to fight anywhere and do anything in the cage- but if you couldn't you had to be able to take your opponent into your world. The best thing about Randy's fights, in my opinion, is that even when he is doing nothing but controlling or surviving, which other fighters get booed for, people understand how he fights and they never boo him. That is part of his game- making his opponent believe that no matter what- he will survive, he will work harder, and he will find a way to beat them. Preparing mentally for Randy Couture is more important than preparing any other part of your game when he is your next opponent. Lastly, his record is one of my favorite things about him. Randy Couture is not undefeated, his record is not even that remarkable, but it represents the history of the sport. Randy "The Natural" Couture might be the most important fighter to have ever competed in MMA.

3. I picked Randy but to be fair, I was very close to picking another legend.

4. I hate Brock Lesnar because he has more potential then even he realizes. Brock had the gift of size and his best skill was his athleticism. He'll always be criticized for not being able to take a punch and he'll always be praised for being able to jump into the top of the heap at the very beginning of his career and being able to compete. Take a minute to think about the "what if" scenarios regarding Brock Lesnar. What if he lead a healthier lifestyle and avoided diverticulitis? What if he didn't retire after the Overeem fight? What kind of mainstream attention would have come to the world of MMA if Kimbo done better and headlined a pay-per-view with Brock (even if the fight sucked.. it would have brought eyes to the sport and undoubtedly there would have been other fights on that card to keep people coming back for more). Most importantly- what if Brock took his career more seriously and sacrificed a little more to become the fighter he was capable of being? Imagine if Brock Lesnar was training with some heavy hitters- getting used to punches and kicks and honing those skills for himself? You're blind if you don't see the potential Brock Lesnar once had.

5a. My favorite fight ever.. this one is really tough for me. On one hand I want to say the first fight between Forrest Griffin and Stephan Bonnar and on the other I want to say the title fight between Michael Chandler and Eddie Alvarez. Both amazing fights but I'll go with Griffin/Bonnar for the sake of argument (and because I'm sure everyone reading this has seen it). That fight is why this sport is so amazing. Both fighters were flawed, neither of them where elite, unbeatable fighters. They were coming into the UFC when it was nowhere near what it is today and they were willing to fight forever to make sure they walked out with a contract. I respect all aspects of MMA but in that fight they just wanted to scrap until the other fell (something everyone loves to watch). The best part of the fight, and it will forever be engraved into my memory, is when they both came out for the final round and Bonnar was all bloodied up but he walked out looking like a wounded animal willing to fight for the last scrap of meat. That fight had more heart in it than any fight I've seen since then.

5b. Ah perfect! Now I'm able to use both of my favorite fights for this same question. My favorite fight that ended in a submission is Michael Chandler vs. Eddie Alvarez. There isn't much of an explanation needed for this one- if you saw the fight you know it was one of the best fights of all time. I love Eddie Alvarez and did not think he was going to lose that fight but both of those fighters ALWAYS come in prepared for war. That fight was simply amazing. So much heart and the best part is that it showed everyone watching that the UFC is not the only place to watch great MMA. That same night was the Shogun/Hendo fight where Hendo admitted after the fight that he stopped trying after the 3rd round because he felt he had it won on points. In my opinion that discredits that fight completely and I'll never put that on my list of favorite fights. If you watched all the fights from that night you would've seen an even better fight on Bellator and would've realized that you don't need to be a legend in the sport to put on a legendary performance.

Extra Credit: Obviously Carlos Newton should have won but no referee would have been able to figure that out at the time so I can't complain about the decision. I just love the fact that there has been a UFC title change hands to someone that was unconscious at the time of winning the title.

• Upvote 2

1. I Am busy reading the wiki to learn everything and am coming for you and all your fighters soon... very soon

2. My favorite MMA fighter is Georges St. Pierre. He's got a well rounded fighting style and is a great wrestler. I enjoy watching him control the fight.

3. Because they are old school.

4. Because he's Brock Lesnar.

5. My favorite fight ending in submission was the Frank Mir vs. Antonio Nogueira.

My favorite fight ever was Cruz Vs. Faber II

ID is 71813

Thank you.

Thanks for the money fellas! It helps out a lot. I'm not really sure why I got a negative rep though, I was being honest. Maybe because I mentioned the evil "other company" in my post? :blink:

I'm not sure either, why you'd have gotten a negative vote, maybe someone was nervous about how good they were and wanted an edge! I canceled it out with a positive vote because, honestly, I liked the answers!

• Upvote 1

Thanks all for playing, hope it was fun and the prizes help!

The winner of the main prize is 72252 - Jett Jones with three votes, and he got mine for sure...

I'll throw my answers up there for fun, and then send off the prize... I'll remind the other fellows who donated to send off their prizes as well!

1. I LOVE MMATycoon.

2. Either Randy Couture or Kazushi Sakuraba... Randy has been my favorite since he beat Rizzo and was the underdog in all of his fights except 2... Kazushi Sakuraba is just fuk'n fun to watch, and anyone who can make a Gracie give up between rounds is good in my book...

3. Dude, I chose both...

4. Brock beat Randy... but that's not why I hate him... He NEVER should have been CLOSE to getting a shot at the title for a long while... The push was way too hard... Plus, he beat Randy, so I hate him...

5. Kaz vs. Newton for favorite fight... Randy vs. Toney for submission... I called that fight EXACTLY... we were all discussing what we thought would happen... I said "He's gonna shoot from so far away... farther than you've ever seen someone shoot from... Toney will fall over and Randy will sit on his chest... he'll either tap him out w/ an arm triangle, or he'll punish him for being a prick for three minutes, then tap him w/ an arm triangle..." I didn't win anything except bragging rights, but good enough.

Extra Credit... NC... They were both unconscious at the same time... Hughes first, then Newton, but both at the same time... Hughes woke up and said "Shit" then the ref said 'You won!' and Hughes said, "What? I won?"

These are the winners of the first 5... Because CrystalGeiser didn't get back with the ID in time, Jett23 will be the 5th...

Each has been sent 5k and I'll let Rob know about the winners for the 10k extra from him...

Jett23 also won the grand prize of 25,000, so 40k total!

Along with those 5, only two others joined, one being Crystalgeiser unfortunately but the other was...

Mike will figure out his top 5 and choose winners and Roger will send out 3k to all the entrants...

I hope the money helps everyone and keeps you training in style a while!

Hey everyone who voted for mine thanks so much! I know mine was like 10x longer than everyone else's so I apologize for the length- I got really into those questions as I started thinking about them haha. So excited to have this extra cash as I'm getting more and more into MMA Tycoon.

Thanks again and let me plug the org I'm in and I try to help out- Troid! Check it out its a great organization. 90th event in less than 3 weeks.

http://mmatycoon.com/orgpublic.php?oid=1893

Sorry guys haven't forgotten about the prizes, been mad busy in work so if I don't get onto it tonight you will all have your monies wired first thing in the morning :P

Just for fun

1. E(MMA Tycoon is like crack, and my girlfriend wants me to go to rehab)

2. Kazushi Sakuraba. Because when I started watching Pride, every event he would do something extraordinary. He is the most entertaining fighter(during a fight) to ever compete. The only man to beat 4 Gracies at a time that the Gracies were considered unbeatable. A man who fought and hour and a half only to fight again later that night(against Vovchanchyn no less). But the main reason, because he's Kazushi "FUCKING" Sakuraba, enough said.

3. I did, and honestly, I was scrolling up and down the page reading them one at a time and answering. And you have to love Randy.

4. I don't, I am a Pro-Wrestling fan. And I was a Lesnar fan because of the power he had as a wrestler. He would manhandle huge guys like Rikishi like they were flyweights. He was a beast. As a PW fan, I was upset when he quit out of nowhere to try football. Then he quit football after giving it one try, and not becoming an instant star.I was very intrigued to see what he was capable of in MMA because of this, and was a Lesnar fan. I didn't go around wearing Deathclutch because I didn't want to come across any real MMA fans and have them think I'm a bandwagon jumper. I'm a realist, so I expected him to lose to Mir the first time, and I thought Herring would beat him too. But he didn't deserve a title shot for beating Herring. I told my friends that Lesnar would quit if he ever lost twice in a row, and boy did I call that one. As you can tell my feelings about him are sort of conflicted. I like watching the athlete, the beast perform(MMA or PW). But It seems based on his track record, that outside of a ring or cage, he's a conceded asshole who can't handle rejection.

5. I would have to say Rampage vs Arona. Based as a whole I wouldn't say it was my favorite. But at that time I would say was the Apex of MMA popularity among my circle of friends. And this was one of the last events we were all together watching. So when Rampage slammed him a room full of us went nuts. It was the craziest thing we had seen in MMA. And in a weird way, you sort of knew it was coming(Mauro knew too). That fight just brings back great memories. And then on top of that the Randleman slam on Fedor the same night. By far my favorite event of all time.

Second part was one I had to think about. But I would have to say Newton vs Sakuraba. It was strictly submission fighting. And the way the crowd was into it, as a japanese crowd, made you pay attention to the technique that was being displayed. I can't say much else about it because its been a while since I've watched it, and with all the craziness in that one, its too hard to pick apart without another view.

EC. Newton won. Hughes was out, that's why he fell. He didn't slam Newton, he fell out. Hughes had to be told what happened, which was very evident to anyone watching with the volume on, since when he woke up he asked "What Happened". This question made me angry.

Now here's a question for you guys. And if you can answer it without googling it, you are a true MMA fan and you learn a little something about me.

Why do I consider Harry Moskowitz a legend of MMA. Hint: Tat F'N Too.

Great quiz guys.

• Upvote 1

http://www.mma-core.com/videos/fights/Kazushi_Sakuraba_vs_Carlos_Newton_Pride_3/10000405

Watch it again! So fucking great. UFC fans would have been boo'ing the shit out of that fight back then, the Japanese crowd was silent except for the trademark oooOOOO!!!'s that come up when awesome shit happens. Loved it... I think they must have had an unspoken agreement about not striking because there were tons of times where they could have laid in with strikes but just didn't... the only strikes on the ground were really statements, "You're leaving yourself too open here, on your ribs..." etc etc... :)

Glad it was fun!

Ok sorry about the delay guys, monies have been sent

For the record I chose Danor41, VampireKing, Daisuke, Jett23 and ImfromHoiland

Enjoy the monies and thanks for playing on behalf of Evolution Fight Clan :D