New Manager Contest! (Free Munees)

MooshLooLoo

The "Kegaru Loves MMATycoon and is Manic at 2AM" Contest (for New Managers)

Sponsored by Kegaru Tetsudori, Roger Kint, Mike Towers, & Rob Calhoun of EVOLUTION FIGHT CLAN

Prize Pool:

(Keg) $50,000 (MMATycoon Money, obviously... but just in case it's not obvious... MMATycoon Money.)

(Roger) $3,000 x ? (MMATycoon Cash) $3k for every manager 70k+ who posts answers!

(Rob) $50,000 (MMATycoon Cash) $10k for the first 5 (70k+), so it'll be 15,000 instead of 5,000!)

(Mike Towers) $50,000 (MMATycoon Cash) $10k to the 5 answers that make him happiest!

RULES:

1. First 5 Managers that are born after 70,000 (or actually 70,000 if it comes to that, somehow...) that answer me these 5 questions get $5,000 Tycoon Cashish. (EDIT: Rob add's 10k to each of the first 5 as well bringing it to 15k.)

2. Whichever manager (70,000 ID or above) gets the most positive votes on their answer post gets $25,000 Tycoon Cash.

3. Contest Closes say... 00:01 GMT May 19, 2012.

EDIT: 4: PLEASE PUT YOUR MANAGER ID IN THE ANSWERS SO'S I CAN FIND YOU!

EDIT: 5: Every manager 70k+ get's $3k just for answering.

If you're manager ID is under 70,000, go getcher own money. :)

CONTEST QUESTIONS:

1. Fill in the Blank... I __________.

a. Love MMATycoon

b. Like MMATycoon

c. 'Like Like' MMATycoon, if you catch my meaning...

d. Am busy reading the wiki to learn everything and am coming for you and all your fighters soon... very soon.

e. (Make your own, but it better be good...)

2. Who is your favorite MMA fighter ever and why? (A paragraph should do...)

3. Why didn't you pick Randy Couture or Kazushi Sakuraba as your favorite MMA fighter ever?

4. Why do you hate Brock Lesnar?

5. Two Parter... What is your favorite fight ever and what is your favorite fight that ended in submission?

Ok... get to it.

Extra Credit P.S. Q: Who should have won the first Carlos Newton / Matt Hughes fight?

EDIT: I wrote a guide a bit ago, and there may be better guides out there, but I wrote this one specifically for new managers to help grasp the general game mechanics, so any of you newer folks might get some good knowledge out of it, so, if you care to, check it out along with the other guides, but don't substitute this for the wiki for sure... http://www.mmatycoon...showtopic=26525

• Upvote 1

Ok well im under 70000 but il do the questions for fun!

1.a

2. Shogun Rua because hes a warrior through and through! Cruz would be 2nd and Sonnen would be 3rd

3.Ehhh i like them but their just not my favorites

4.He cant take a punch and he thinks its cool to lasso people after beating them

5.Shogun vs. Lyoto 2 , Mir vs. Nogueira 2

Extra Credit. Hughes , DUHHHH!!!

e. Think MMA Tycoon is exquisitely addictive and I'm enjoying it a lot.

2. Who is your favorite MMA fighter ever and why? Hendo. He shares the same name as me firstly, and secondly, he has a strange aura about him that I find compelling to watch. His punches... well you wouldn't want to be on the end of one, and his overall contribution to the sport is legendary. He's been my favourite since I started watching MMA and remains so today.

3. Why didn't you pick Randy Couture or Kazushi Sakuraba as your favorite MMA fighter ever? Randy Couture is alright to watch, but he's never really grabbed me in the same way Dan Henderson has, and the same goes for Kazushi. Couture has the same credentials as Hendo in terms of bringing MMA mainstream, but I've never watched one of his fights and gone "Wow". I think I missed out on Kazushi - I know of him, but I don't know enough to claim he's my favourite fighter ever.

4. Why do you hate Brock Lesnar? I don't hate Brock personally, I just feel his MMA career was fraught with failure. It was destined to be that from day one though, when he lost to Mir. Sure, he came back and looked good, but he was never going to dominate the sport, because his only real asset is that he's massive. The health problems he had only added to that, and as soon as Overeem got in there with him, you sensed Brock was done. I'm glad we don't have to watch him anymore

5. Two Parter... What is your favorite fight ever and what is your favorite fight that ended in submission? Diego Sanchez vs Clay Guida in the TUF9 finale stands out instantly as one of my favourite fights ever. It was electric to watch - i think I sat with my jaw on the floor the whole fight. It was a mess, but it was a hell of a fight. Submission - Anderson Silva's triangle choke on Chael Sonnen in 2010 I think. Seemed to me like it was going to go all the way, and it was a very good contest until Silva got nuts on Sonnen. Really enjoyable.

• Upvote 1

For the record, I don't need the cash I just wanted to answer :D

CONTEST QUESTIONS:

Love MMATycoon because it is simply the shit! Other games come and go but this one will always be my one and only. I'd leave my wife, run away with this game and raise millions of Tycoon babies if I could

It has to be Pat Barry here. He may not be the most skilled, he may not have the most heart and by comparison to many he sucks but this is that attitude that sums up what I love to see. He is funny, accessible, and goes in the cage to have fun and put on a show. He is a fan first and a fighter second, and win or lose you know it'll never be dull

3. Why didn't you pick Randy Couture or Kazushi Sakuraba as your favorite MMA fighter ever?

I love them both, but Couture had many a dull fight and Sakuraba was a one trick pony. Randy exemplifies what is good about MMA and Sakuraba shows that if you master something you can decimate but as much as I love the technicality of the sport I watch it to be entertained and neither guarantee that

I don't, I actually like Brock and think its a shame he waited till he was so old to take up MMA. If you look at what he did with very little training when already too old and injured to make a run to be world class I can only imagine what he could have done if he would have started MMA instead of WWE

5. Two Parter... What is your favorite fight ever and what is your favorite fight that ended in submission?

Favourite fight ever is a toughie, but I'd have to go for Griffin/Bonnar as the TUF final. Horrible technically and by the end both fighters were useless but the feeling I got at the time when I was watching it has never been repeated quite to the same level

Favourite fight that ended in sub ever would be Royce Gracie v Kimo Leopoldo. The submission itself was a standard Armbar against an exhausted opponent, but Leopoldo shocked the hell out of the world by beating on Gracie and making him resort to multiple knees to the balls and grabbing onto Kimo's ponytail while he punched him in the face. Summed up early UFC for me and still makes me cringe and chuckle even to this day

• Upvote 1

Fill in the Blank... I __________.

Am busy reading the wiki to learn everything and am coming for you and all your fighters soon... very soon.

Anderson Silve..He has been such a great fighter..and was almost unbeatable for so long..

Cos neither of their names came to my mind when I thought about who is the best..

I dont hate him..I thought he was pretty good..Coming to MMA at his age..he still was somewhat successful..And at his size, his speed and athletism demands respect..

Havnt seen that many MMA matches..in the ones I have seen I liked the one in which Anderson Silve defeated UFC Middleweight Champion Rich Franklin to become champion...and in submission, Brock Lesnar fight with Carwin in which even after Carvin dominated at first Lesnar won using an arm triangle choke..

Extra Credit P.S. Q: Hughes!!!

What the hell, I'll do it for fun too:

1.I still enjoy MMATycoon after 3 years of playing. Sure, I have my ups and downs and sometimes burn out, but I always end up coming back.

2. Oh man, this is a really tough question. Part of me wants to answer Bas Rutten, who was the fighter I got introduced to MMA through, but there are so many other candidates. There's Carlos Condit and Nick Diaz who I've been riding the nuts of for years now, Ian McCall who's a more recent addition to my merry band of misfits, and of course Lyoto Machida.

Hell, I'll go with Machida. I became a fan for life when he pasted Thiago Silva. His style is awesome to watch and he's one of the few fighters who makes me genuinely nervous before his fights.

3. Sakuraba was great, but he isn't one of my favorites. Randy I don't really like for some reason. I can appreciate what he's done but eh.

4. I don't. I used to enjoy Brock quite a bit.

5. My current favorite fight is Mighty Mouse vs Uncle Creepy. I change every now and then, but that was just an excellent fight from two great fighters. The most entertaining fight I've seen ending in a submission has to be Hughes vs Trigg 2 or Newton vs Sakuraba. Tank vs Frye deserves a special mention too for having me at the edge of my seat for the entire bout. Alvarez vs Chandler ended with a submission too. Oh man, too many to pick from.

Extra Credit P.S. Q: Carlos should've won by technical submission seeing as Hughes went out first.

• Upvote 1

1. MMA Tycoon daisuki desu!

2. Gomi Takanori. At least he was until he just simply aged. I still loved him in his glory days..I miss those old Pride knees to the head days. "Who cares if his knee is on the mat! Wham!" Gomi's were so quick and violent and looked so horrible. I guess now my favorite is anybody but Silva. Just want somebody to beat him. He is fantastic to watch, but I hate when they know it:) (Although secretly I love Silva! psst Don't tell him.)

3. Sakuraba has always been one of my favs...until I saw part of his ear fall off recently. Back in the day he was a killer. But you got to quit when your ahead, or at least when you start losing respectfully.

4. Mostly just cause he is stupid. I loved seeing his face when he got kicked in the liver. FUN!

5. There have been so many favorites, but back when the UFC started I loved to watch Oleg Taktarov. The fight between him and Tank Abbott really got me hooked in this sport. Submission fight would probably be when Silva took out Sonnen. I was having so much fun seeing Silva finally getting knocked around but he really showed the world why he is the best. (Although that flying scissor heel hook against Silva was pretty cool)

Cheers!!

My ID is Daisuke Komaki (72050)

Danor / Vampire / & Daisuke, please put in your manager ID's so I can find you!

Glad to see your answers although some of them are the wrong answers... ;)

I'll keep checking back, as long as the 3 of you are 70k+, there'll be 5k headed out to you and we'll keep em coming for the votes! So, 2 more 5k's and a 25k left for grabs!

LOL That's why we are noob managers right? My ID is Daisuke Komaki (72050)

I am concerned about you saying they are the wrong answers. They cant be wrong if they are our opinions right?

Danor / Vampire / & Daisuke, please put in your manager ID's so I can find you!

Glad to see your answers although some of them are the wrong answers... ;)

I'll keep checking back, as long as the 3 of you are 70k+, there'll be 5k headed out to you and we'll keep em coming for the votes! So, 2 more 5k's and a 25k left for grabs!

Name: Yuri Boyka..Manager ID: 70829.. IS this much info enough?..how come my game manager link not there in forum??..how to add that?

1) e

2) Vinny Magalhaes

3) Randy is up there son

4) He set the sport back a few years

5) Matt Horwich choking out Thales Leites. 10thpjj son

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

You can add your manager ID in your profile, and add a link to your manager page in the options too, or even in a signature at the bottom... 5k on it's way :)

got it..thanks..:)

So... yeah, if you own orgs or gyms or anything with contact to new managers and want to help spread the word, it'd be great... I dunno how many of these folks will see this contest so if you know anyone who could be helped, send em along!

I'll help spread the word with my gym and my employment. Good job.

• Upvote 1

Fox Jacobson (71256)

CONTEST QUESTIONS:

1. c (it's pretty cute for a tycoon)

I've only recently gotten into MMA. I grew up on WWE because that is what my dad watched, all through the attitude era. I tried to stay faithful, but it really just is a poor product now-a-days. I still needed my fix on dudes beating the crap out of other dudes, so I turned to MMA, specifically UFC. Since I've followed briefly, I'll give a few brief answers on my favorites who I've seen so far (haven't seen enough fights from each to truly pick a favorite). 3. Michael McDonald - a good up and coming fighter who I can kind of follow from the beginning. 2. Nate Diaz - A very versatile fighter who's MO is not about his image. If he respects you, he'll show it after the fight. If he doesn't respect you, he'll show that too. 1. Ian McCall - Such a fun fighter to watch. His presence just makes the fight that more exciting.

I'm a noob!

He wasn't very good in WWE, and didn't really work his way up in UFC like the other had to.

Like I said before, I recently started watching so I don't have a lot to draw from. I would probably pick McCall vs. Mighty Mouse, but that ended in such a way that I didn't agree with the decision, so I won't pick that one. Instead I'll pick Kampmann vs. Alves. Alves was dominating that fight, then showed if you get too cocky or go away from your gameplan it can end in a flash. It did there with Kampmann's submission, so I'll take that as my favorite fight I've seen so far, so then it would have to be my favorite fight that ended in submission!

Extra Credit P.S. Q: Who should have won the first Carlos Newton / Matt Hughes fight?

Since I haven't seen it, I'll go with Carlos Hughes over Matt Newton. SO FUNNYLOL!

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

1. E

2. My favorite fighters are the Diaz brothers, because theyre exciting to watch and they're cocky which hype up the fight and they're outstanding fighters.

3. I didnt pick randy couture because hes old HAHA didnt you see him getting k.oed by machida? tho i give him props for 2 belts for 2 divisions. he was great during his prime.

4. I dont hate brock lesnar, he wasnt meant to be in the UFC thats all.. thats why hes back in the WWE.

5. Nate Diaz. His recent fight, he guillotine choked jim miller.

E/C. Matt Hughes!