• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my main advice for any noob:

READ THE WIKI!

ok, now that you've read the wiki,

READ IT AGAIN!

then read this thread a couple times, along with a few pages of noob forum threads, and NOW you should be ready to play the game :yes:

I agree that you need to read the Wiki a couple of times before starting. But what I would suggest to newcomers is that read the Wiki, get informed about the game. Play the game a little and then read the Wiki again, you will understand it in a very different way.

Before starting a business read the wiki section for that business over and over. Then find someone who owns that type business to mentor you. Then open up shop once you are confident you know what youre doing.

How can this be done? I am not a VIP. I am not a rich person. So I need this

Sign on to the chat room. PM other managers. Introduce your self.

By the way my name is Josh. If you ever have any questions, or just wanna bs Click here and click the Private Message link. Or catch me in chat (joshwrightinc).

Its true you can get by with a white. But its kind of a red flag for your opponent to take it to the ground. While just a little training can hide that weakness as blue can be anything from woeful to respectable.

Keep an eye on the tale of the tape for hidden attributes of your fighter(like Granite Chin, KO Power etc) because those are priceless good of your fighter.

Don't neglect physical stat, train them all up if possible.

Do NOT be afraid to ask questions in your gym chat or in these forums. Read the wiki and use the Search function here in the forums, but if there is still something that just doesn't make sense, or you need just a little more to make it clear, ask.

This community is very helpful, and gym owners are usually happy to help out their members. You'll likely get some wiseacre telling you to read the wiki, but someone else will give you the answer you're looking for. There are still some aspects of the game that are uncertain, since Mike Tycoon hasn't revealed the inside workings of every bit of the sim.

Ask. It's really ok.

At the end of every post in the forums, make sure you add a Chuck Norris joke.

Chuck Norris is so fast, he can run around the world and punch himself in the back of the head.

Chuck Norris is so fast, he can run around the world and punch himself in the back of the head.

+Chuck Norris

Chuck Norris does not get frostbite. Chuck Norris bites frost.

Don't bother with too much counter-striking if your agility (and less importantly, speed) sucks.

If you're curious about experimenting with "see how it goes": don't do it more than ~ 20-30%, and only if your fighter is intelligent and/or experienced, and only if there is no real of edge of advantage at your guy or the opponent.

According to popular belief, "Enjoys gardening", "Plays chess" etc. are traits that means you have a fighter with very average hidden values.

Wonderful striking defense won't be very effective for someone with bad standup skills and agility/speed. They are all taken into account of how well you avoid strikes. Same goes for defensive grappling, 110 points there won't guarantee sub-immunity if your groundwork and flexibility/strength etc. are weak.

If you need to increase a primary skill badly before a fight, never train it more than 6 times a week, either PM or AM-sessions only. Remember that for instance the secondary skill "punch technique" benefits not only your offensive boxing, but also gives a slight increase to the primary skill, helping you with the defensive work also that way. So it might be benefitful in that case to combine the two.

Never, ever send massmails about sponsorships. Those go down the drain immediately. The best results are achieved by having a genuine interest with cooperating with the company.

And don't forget..EVERYBODY underestimates the kick in the groin. BOOM, that's the first thing to do. I follow up, BANG-BANG-BANG, right after that- denga-dedenga-dedang.

Lovin' this idea!

When Chuck Norris goes swimming, he doesn't get wet...the water get's Chuck Norris

Just because your opponent may have a blue belt in BJJ doesnt mean he sucks on the ground (learned that one the hard way)

you didn't have chuck joke :(

Jesus can walk on water but Chuck can swim on land !

Lovin' this idea!

When Chuck Norris goes swimming, he doesn't get wet...the water get's Chuck Norris

BEST FRIGGIN' IDEA EVER. it excites me so much that it think im gonna revive a certain thread and multipost in it just to raise neverlast66's blood pressure

When Chuck Norris plays Monopoly, it affects the actual world economy.

Don't bother with too much counter-striking if your agility (and less importantly, speed) sucks.

If you're curious about experimenting with "see how it goes": don't do it more than ~ 20-30%, and only if your fighter is intelligent and/or experienced, and only if there is no real of edge of advantage at your guy or the opponent.

According to popular belief, "Enjoys gardening", "Plays chess" etc. are traits that means you have a fighter with very average hidden values.

Wonderful striking defense won't be very effective for someone with bad standup skills and agility/speed. They are all taken into account of how well you avoid strikes. Same goes for defensive grappling, 110 points there won't guarantee sub-immunity if your groundwork and flexibility/strength etc. are weak.

If you need to increase a primary skill badly before a fight, never train it more than 6 times a week, either PM or AM-sessions only. Remember that for instance the secondary skill "punch technique" benefits not only your offensive boxing, but also gives a slight increase to the primary skill, helping you with the defensive work also that way. So it might be benefitful in that case to combine the two.

Never, ever send massmails about sponsorships. Those go down the drain immediately. The best results are achieved by having a genuine interest with cooperating with the company.

And don't forget..EVERYBODY underestimates the kick in the groin. BOOM, that's the first thing to do. I follow up, BANG-BANG-BANG, right after that- denga-dedenga-dedang.

Love the Bas appreciation!

"Oh, I'm sorry sir...BANG!...No, I'm not"

Chuck Norris once ordered a Big Mac in Burger king, and got it.

Before joining an organization, make sure:

1. Check whether the organizer's fighter is on your weight class or not, just check through every fighter on your weight class. If yes, go to step 2. If no, go to step 3.

2. Check whether the organizer is giving fair fight for his fighters or not.

3. Check whether the organizer is giving fair fight for non-his fighters or not.

4. If it's all fair and you are fine with it, go ahead and join.

Chuck Norris' tears cure cancer. Too bad he has never cried.

If you want to change gyms, if at all possible, leave your old gym after the pm training session and before dues are collected. Then join your new gym after the dues are collected. Doing this will save you from being charged twice if not 3 times (once to the old gym, once for joining the new gym before the dues are collected, once after dues are collected at the new gym).

Chuck Norris doesn't like Chuck Norris posts.

When looking at your opponent... check his previous fights, his strategy against other fighters, and you might get lucky and see something like he leveled from White belt to Blue belt 2 weeks ago. Gosh his guard probably isn't that great, maybe I can G n' P his face in in mount.