lotos

WINNER OF PIECE 1 IS BRIANAKIRK FOR 100K. NIce one!

Going up for auction (with reserve) tonight: 48hrs after the first bid

NINAD

NUqLCXV.gif

Starting at 300k

min raise 100k

Ninad- one of the few true masters still living.

• Upvote 3

• 2 weeks later...

I might have to watch it....i saw a few episodes once. Somehow I've fallen for my own advertising...

And dude thanks again for the pics. It's really cool that u let me just use them. It will make a few people happy, especially as I'm phasing out the sale of avatars. They will probably end up on the raffle pile or giveaways (or possibly auction). They are really dope...the others are even better. I just wanted to get the quick ones done.....

PAGE CLOSED: I WILL NO LONGER BE MAKING AVATARS FOR THE PUBLIC:

after 6 months of messages to Mike and avatar THIEF Gigantcer Liker aka boxerroki still nothing done to resolve it.

We had this before when I played - also one of reasons why I stopped making them. But, you could add a watermark to the designs in public places and send a private link to the proper avatar once the auction is over.

But I get you - it's very fucking frustrating.

• Upvote 4

PAGE CLOSED: I WILL NO LONGER BE MAKING AVATARS FOR THE PUBLIC:

after 6 months of messages to Mike and avatar THIEF Gigantcer Liker aka boxerroki still nothing done to resolve it.

i messaged mike about a avatar that was stolen from me as well and he hasn't changed it or taken it away from the guy. so i dont know what is going on with all that

• Upvote 2

I check such things before I post dude.

As it happens, Mike sent me a message the next day saying he sorted it. It's a case of too little too late I think as far posting my avatars is concerned.

Thanks for the feedback guys. A watermark was an option when I was enthusiastic about making avatars (for the public), but it's all changed now.

....I will still make avatars. I just won't post them or sell them. If I'm completely honest, it's not entirely due to the stolen avatars. I have trouble finding the right buyers for my style of avatars. All in all my experiences so far since I took design seriously in Tycoon has been a bit of a let down when I consider.

Plainly put, I put too much work (and time) on my avatars to warrant the kind of money they deserve. I have avatars I'm still working on (days of work with up to 50-100 layers and that is before I add the motion to them). I still have a bad taste in my mouth after working for a couple of weeks on a logo and when it came to payday, the Org manager said he was happy with it, but could only pay me 50k.

Of course I don't spend so much time and effort for the soul purpose of making GAME money (cos I did get pleasure in it), but when people don't value what u do, then changes need to be made. If anyone thinks designing a decent, well thought out logo isn't worth a couple of million then to be honest it just pisses on the effort that goes into it. When people aren't prepared to spend decent GAME money that is essentially worthless on something that in reality takes me lots of real time and real dedication, then it's time to change things down/up. Logos/branding, mediocre avatars and quality avatars are all in completely different ballparks. If prices reflected that...

So, I'm stopping for a number of reasons. The stolen avatar was the last straw.

I check such things before I post dude.

As it happens, Mike sent me a message the next day saying he sorted it. It's a case of too little too late I think as far posting my avatars is concerned.

Thanks for the feedback guys. A watermark was an option when I was enthusiastic about making avatars (for the public), but it's all changed now.

....I will still make avatars. I just won't post them or sell them. If I'm completely honest, it's not entirely due to the stolen avatars. I have trouble finding the right buyers for my style of avatars. All in all my experiences so far since I took design seriously in Tycoon has been a bit of a let down when I consider.

Plainly put, I put too much work (and time) on my avatars to warrant the kind of money they deserve. I have avatars I'm still working on (days of work with up to 50-100 layers and that is before I add the motion to them). I still have a bad taste in my mouth after working for a couple of weeks on a logo and when it came to payday, the Org manager said he was happy with it, but could only pay me 50k.

Of course I don't spend so much time and effort for the soul purpose of making GAME money (cos I did get pleasure in it), but when people don't value what u do, then changes need to be made. If anyone thinks designing a decent, well thought out logo isn't worth a couple of million then to be honest it just pisses on the effort that goes into it. When people aren't prepared to spend decent GAME money that is essentially worthless on something that in reality takes me lots of real time and real dedication, then it's time to change things down/up. Logos/branding, mediocre avatars and quality avatars are all in completely different ballparks. If prices reflected that...

So, I'm stopping for a number of reasons. The stolen avatar was the last straw.

Not saying I disagree w/ you or anything, but when you take someone like John Hetfield whose making QUALITY avatars for 30k a piece, and full custom via requests, why would someone pay you 10x, 20x, 30x what John charges? Not saying your work is bad(not my cup of tea as of late, I prefer your earlier work), but is it better than Johns? I don't think so, plus he takes requests. So he's basically capping the market at his own price, and people won't pay more if they can get the same work for less.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

It's a valid point and I can't argue with it. Whether something is better or not is really just down to taste (of the buyer) anyway. For requests and consistent quality Beck's provides an excellent service. He covers a niche and I wouldn't try to nor what would I want to compete for his market (which suits me as I don't take requests or offer custom avatars). Personally, I admire Rastaman's work. That is craftmansship.

I'd like to emphasise that largely my issue is that I spend too much time on them. Details that may get overlooked at a glance and may not even be necessary to suit most. It's actually ironic that the ones I spend loads of time on, aren't the ones that get a huge reaction. In fact quite the opposite happens as in that the ones I spend the least time on seem to sell better.

Saying that, maybe I will wack a bunch out with a quick slap dash approach. This one for example: niehmIg.png

It's a valid point and I can't argue with it. Whether something is better or not is really just down to taste (of the buyer) anyway. For requests and consistent quality Beck's provides an excellent service. He covers a niche and I wouldn't try to nor what would I want to compete for his market (which suits me as I don't take requests or offer custom avatars). Personally, I admire Rastaman's work. That is craftmansship.

I'd like to emphasise that largely my issue is that I spend too much time on them. Details that may get overlooked at a glance and may not even be necessary to suit most. It's actually ironic that the ones I spend loads of time on, aren't the ones that get a huge reaction. In fact quite the opposite happens as in that the ones I spend the least time on seem to sell better.

Saying that, maybe I will wack a bunch out with a quick slap dash approach. This one for example: niehmIg.png

I personally think you should keep doing what you're doing, but "dumb" the avatars down to save yourself the hassle. You'll still get interest if they're simple, ye quality. For example, the avatars you've done for me: http://www.mmatycoon.com/fighterprofilemanager.php?FID=251500 and http://www.mmatycoon.com/fighterprofilemanager.php?FID=315442 , now that's solid work, and I'm sure it took five times less time to make those than it did the dude w/ the shotgun. Sometimes simple is better, if you went back to making those kind of avatars, you'd have a buyer in me.

• Upvote 4