Unable to access MMAtycoon (again)

bjornmma1

Same here, just managed to get back on. The fight I had wasnt listed on my spoiler list, I found it via my profile which says it took place on 29th April and my guy scored a knockdown and TKO vs a good chin using 0% damage, very strange.

Ok so this wasn’t today’s fight, todays fight is there now...and I did lose lol

Just letting you know Mike that this has happened for me on pretty much a one per two months basis. I am then unable to open the website for hours, or even a full day.

Not sure what the issue behind it is.

Happens to me about once a week where I can't access the game for an hour, but the events still run, so I think it's on my side.

Disregard any issues you've had in the last 2-3 months as that was a separate issues which is now solved. That was a server configuration issue.

The site might go down for 10 mins or so when some fights run if it coincides with a load of other people trying to do stuff, or people posting a load of picks on betmma or something... But in general, just with general constant slow server speeds, that should be sorted now.

As for this issue today, without giving too much away it looked like an SQL injection attempt in some ways.... I'm not sure yet though.

So we were down again from roughly 9:11 EST until 9:20 EST. This is about the time I have noticed in the past the same issue occurring (not just the last 2/3 months but for some time now) always seems to occur when the LV events are processing.

https://imgur.com/gallery/UrRrtbM

That likely won’t help but I did a screen shot anyways

• Upvote 3

Saturdays at LV time is probably peak traffic. I wanna re-write the post event script so it uses less data but that's when it's most likely to go down now. It's the updating of all the fighter rankings that currently produces the most server load, after each set of fights.

Just letting you know Mike that this has happened for me on pretty much a one per two months basis. I am then unable to open the website for hours, or even a full day.

Not sure what the issue behind it is.

+1

This has happened in the past for hours and up to a day but this past weekend I was not able to log on for 2 full days.

Missed seeting up sliders and also could not post the FARTMMA 100 previews I had promised.

I am not familiar with that "Brute Force Attack" programming term but very curious to see what comes up.

Disregard any issues you've had in the last 2-3 months as that was a separate issues which is now solved. That was a server configuration issue.

The site might go down for 10 mins or so when some fights run if it coincides with a load of other people trying to do stuff, or people posting a load of picks on betmma or something... But in general, just with general constant slow server speeds, that should be sorted now.

As for this issue today, without giving too much away it looked like an SQL injection attempt in some ways.... I'm not sure yet though.

Why is traffick on BETMMA affecting loading speeds in MMAT?

2 different businesses with 2 different customers no?

Why should one affect the other?

Why is traffick on BETMMA affecting loading speeds in MMAT?

2 different businesses with 2 different customers no?

Why should one affect the other?

Because he's probably hosting them on the same server hardware.

Might be time to consider migrating to AWS or something instead, and making sure the instances are on separate hardware.

• Upvote 2

• 5 months later...

I don't know where to post this, but topic seems to be closest available.

Main problem: I can't login to MMATycoon. Forum side works ok.

When I enter my username and password, it says "Invalid username or password. Both are case sensitive."

My username and password are 100% checked and right. I have also automatical form fill in use so anything is the same. And I havent changed my password etc. Does anyone else have this issue?

Last successful loginwas: GMT (y/m/d): 2020-11-24 17:22:11.

Side problem: How can I change my email address for reseting password if email address is no longer available? Backround: my mail provider has locked my email address due to a inactivity (provider has quite strict inactivity policy). This happened post registering to MMATycoon. Just unfortunate timing and sloppy actions by me to choosing flimsy email provider.

Trying to fix the email part, I have tried to reach Mike two times (first attempt weeks ago and this last just recently) and provided alternative email so I would not get completely locked out if something happens to my MMATycoon account. No replies so far.

Can a moderator / tech savvy people forward this message to someone who can help me on this matter? Would appreciate it highly.

Thank you.

I don't know where to post this, but topic seems to be closest available.

Main problem: I can't login to MMATycoon. Forum side works ok.

When I enter my username and password, it says "Invalid username or password. Both are case sensitive."

My username and password are 100% checked and right. I have also automatical form fill in use so anything is the same. And I havent changed my password etc. Does anyone else have this issue?

Last successful loginwas: GMT (y/m/d): 2020-11-24 17:22:11.

Side problem: How can I change my email address for reseting password if email address is no longer available? Backround: my mail provider has locked my email address due to a inactivity (provider has quite strict inactivity policy). This happened post registering to MMATycoon. Just unfortunate timing and sloppy actions by me to choosing flimsy email provider.

Trying to fix the email part, I have tried to reach Mike two times (first attempt weeks ago and this last just recently) and provided alternative email so I would not get completely locked out if something happens to my MMATycoon account. I know the main man is busy but as a VIP I would hope bit more active helping on this matter.

Can a moderator / tech savvy people forward this message to someone who can help me on this matter? Would appreciate it highly.

Thank you.

Small update:

I managed to re-activate my ingame email address by calling my email provider. Immediatelly after I requested my account credentials. They were the same username and password I have always used. But I still can't login to game. Login form just repeats the same: "Invalid username or password. Both are case sensitive." Makes no sense.

I reached out to Mike again about this, but just wanted to let you guys know I am really out of sensible solutions. I have 100% right login credentials, but can't login...knifehead.gif

Does anyone know if MMATycoon's server side is healthy on login side and functions as should?

Never had any such issues, but since you are logged in to the forum, what happens if you click the Back to game button on the top left? I see your linked account shows last login as two days ago. Maybe you you accidentally blocked the site from saving/accessing cookies or something like that?

Hello jjsuirrel and thank you for replying on my predicament.

Yeah I am fully able to use this MMATycoon forum and yes, have tried "Back to game and stay logged in to forums button" on top left. Same result with "Invalid username or password" message when trying to log in.

I have not blocked any cookies, have double checked the login credentials and even attempted login on two diffferent browsers (Chrome and Firefox). No avail. Same error message comes.

I am utterly gobsmacked and confused as I never had any issues like this before...

UPDATE:

Got logged in with the help of Mike. Explanation for login fail was also revealed: I used special letters (finnish ones) on password and they broke the php when it was updated. Wont be using those anymore ^^

Thank you Mike once more! notworthy.gif

Real out there but someone once told me an old Finnish proverb was "The lazy sweat when they eat and complain of the cold while they work." and I thought it was great but haven't found a source, is it legit, interested because this also works in Canada.

Real out there but someone once told me an old Finnish proverb was "The lazy sweat when they eat and complain of the cold while they work." and I thought it was great but haven't found a source, is it legit, interested because this also works in Canada.

Offtopic, but answer is yes. Old southern-west Finnish proverb, which apparently came to a saying when witnessing sluggish worker at work. There are tons of old Finnish proverbs as I reckon every nation has their own.

PS. Distant but in parts cousins to each others, Canada and Finland has more ways than one in common. Ice-hockey, winter, snow, resilience...and seemingly some ancient proverbs too ^^