LACC (Los Angeles Combat Club) Submission Wrestling World Championship

Monsieur.Camara

grats to Carlos in what i call the decision fight of the tournament so far. Ill be honest i did not think i would win my fight vs Blake because i expected him to be able to control me with his much better wrestling and he did up until i tried my first submission and it was just enough to come back after being down 0-10. Percy vs Carlos should be a very interesting finals to this tournament.

• Upvote 2

Considering that I dominated until I got submitted, I think my fighter build was at or near optimal, but I'd handle the training differently in a couple respects if I had it to do over again. . . and maybe not be quite as aggressive on my sliders vs this caliber of opponent. Although actually the sub happened during one of my rare Control moves, so maybe I should have actually been even more aggressive. IDK.

Congrats to Percy Watson and good luck in the final.

0MOzmvE.png

The updated bracket for everyone.

Sending the invitations to the finalists :)

I will also send some fight offers to the rest of the division. I know some of you have sacked your fighters but we are actively recruiting more 330K guys to fill the division and hopefully continue on the tradition of TWGC at least at RISE.

If you know of anyone that has 330k grapplers or is willing to roll 330k grapplers this is a great place to roll them.

Grappling events don't give us any profit and often wipe out our weekly revenue but we will continue to have these as long as we can. So again, if you want to roll more grapplers let us know !!!

• Upvote 2

I have a question moving forward, after the tournament are we keeping the 225lbs min after cut? I wasnt sure if that was so the tournament had a level playing field or that will be the division standard.

That’s a very good question. We’ve hired a couple of lighter guys recently to fill cards on a 1-fight basis kinda contract. I’ve booked them against each other to make things fair.

Would love to hear your opinions on what you would like to see out of this division. Humble is coming back soon so I’m sure he would like our customers input too.

• 2 weeks later...

I did, a quick ting while I was in a break, here it is

eYcuKdi.png

Amazing job man !!

Well the final is one week away and we actually have a nice 5-fight event set up with the remaining grapplers from LACC 1 and an exhibition match :)

I think I'll post a separate thread with a feeler for LACC 2 so we can get more 330k+ grapplers to challeng the soon to be crowned champion.

RISE is in a pretty stable financial situation and we have grown our base to 110 fighters so we can afford to set up 1 grappling event per month.

Let's see how many people are interested in signing up and we can take it from there. Our next event was going to be in about 35 days so maybe we can get a new batch of grapplers ready to compete in that card.

• Upvote 1