2014 Awards Question?

SteelPenn

Yeah, Posters could be reduced though the poster that's winning right now I would probably not choose as one of my posters to be part of it If I had to choose between 2 or 3. About voting for multiple candidates, I disagree. If you feel that more than one deserve the honor and you want to give them both your vote, you're free to do it. It doesn't hurt to do it and there were several good points mentioned about that earlier.

Also, I don't quite get why you can choose multiple things to vote for this year. I think it should be one vote per one category.

Yeah that makes no sense to me what so ever either.

I think next year nominees should at least have to be seconded by someone. I think most of these polls would be half as long if we did.

I think next year nominees should at least have to be seconded by someone. I think most of these polls would be half as long if we did.

That would be a huge help, but it may cause issues in some of the categories where there was less interest. Might be a good idea for the categories that got over saturated this year, though.

Agree on the 1 vote per category.. Mind you a committee would be better to decide winners, these "awards" have been tainted just about every year I have played this game.. Yes it's a popularity contest but at the end of the day it shouldn't be.

We tried a committee and it was way worse. It was actually quite pathetic.

About voting for multiple candidates, I disagree. If you feel that more than one deserve the honor and you want to give them both your vote, you're free to do it. It doesn't hurt to do it and there were several good points mentioned about that earlier.

I feel like multiple votes diminishes the value of a vote. Now you can "spam" vote whatever you feel like is quite there, plus one for a friend. With just one vote you'd have to really concider which you think is the true best option. I mean by the end of the day only one can be the winner.

Agree, too much vote spam, and nominations for friends.

I am no4 rank, don't fight it top orgs yet, use only public gyms ever, and in no alliance. In top 10 for last 3/4 months after being top 100 most of time.

I not post much, I not do chat, so I can not be nominated or ever get a vote. I beat Vlad and Scottie Power last time we fight.

So its like Moscow Olympics, win gold medal with half competition missing.

Would a committee help managers like me, there will be many?

I think we should consider putting together an awards panel for next year with one representative from each alliance, and perhaps 3 guest spots or something for members not in an alliance.

Everyone could nominate people for the awards as usual, but the voting on who wins would then come down to the awards panel, who wouldn't be allowed to vote for anyone affiliated with their alliance.

we tried that once and it was a giant shit show. That's why it says awards committee under my avatar.

I do understand its just a game but last year when I wrote to my alliance and org stating we are up for awards please go vote.

People freaked out saying I was cheating for asking my alliance and org to vote for our groups or myself.

So, If I was to write my alliance and org tell the group that the voting was in the forums to please go vote for our members and companies no one would have a problem with this?

I say you can look yourself in the mirror and tell all your multi's vote SP!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Was thinking to stop a lot of this good for 3 months of the year win an award thing and to add some prestige to them - that you start nomination threads now - skins, avatars, basically any award that nominations, could come in for. So people can start posting them now - that way by the end of the year there is a big pool of nominations (must be seconded) that the moderators themselves can discuss before determining the winner of each award..