Learning speed

Do you auto sack based on learning speed (without testing other hiddens)? If so, what is your lower limit before you auto sack.

Yeah, most of the time as the game is slow enough already. Around 5.5 is the lowest I'd keep, though that's still pretty shite.

Sometimes it reaches the point where it literally isn't worth it to keep the fighter in my opinion. Id rather sack 10 guys, and wait for a combination of good hiddens, and good learning speed, than just have a really slow learner with good hiddens. Ultimately I think the most important factor is your patience, there is nothing that states a slow learner will never be good, because he very well may be, it'll just take longer, sometimes a lot longer.

• Upvote 1

Sometimes it reaches the point where it literally isn't worth it to keep the fighter in my opinion. Id rather sack 10 guys, and wait for a combination of good hiddens, and good learning speed, than just have a really slow learner with good hiddens. Ultimately I think the most important factor is your patience, there is nothing that states a slow learner will never be good, because he very well may be, it'll just take longer, sometimes a lot longer.

Not a lot I find wrong with this statement except the part in bold. If the fighter is a really slow learner he will never be competitive with other fighters in his same ID range. He might be able to hang with younger fighters, but even then they will eventually pass him up. Some fighters will be such slow learners that decline will hit them before they ever reach skill cap. So, definitely sack any fighter that doesn't have at least a 5.5 learning speed, I would say

Is decline always the same for every fighter, like starting at the same age and decreasing at the same rate? Because if so learning speed would directly determine how long career you have at peak skill level. But what I gathered from previous discussions is that decline can be different so there is at least one more factor at play here in addition to learning speed. I even remember someone claiming slower learning speed means slower decline, but have nothing but hearsay to go on here.

Gonna throw some things in the discussion:

- faster learners forget skills faster if depop tickers arent reset via training/fighting;

- skill cap is hidden skill for every fighter so it can differ with 50-100 pts;

- injuries lower the skill cap;

- there prolly is something like age decline, but I think Mike changed it to be related to how many training sessions a fighter had instead to his age; once this shit starts, skills cap starts decreasing and a capped fighter starts losing skills. This also is prolly some hidden - when exactly a fighter starts to decline.

Anyway, slow learners are a total waste of time, no matter how much u discuss it, u shouldnt keep under 5.5

Is decline always the same for every fighter, like starting at the same age and decreasing at the same rate? Because if so learning speed would directly determine how long career you have at peak skill level. But what I gathered from previous discussions is that decline can be different so there is at least one more factor at play here in addition to learning speed. I even remember someone claiming slower learning speed means slower decline, but have nothing but hearsay to go on here.

Was going to answer some of this, but then I saw Kendrick's excellent post on the topic below.

Gonna throw some things in the discussion:

- faster learners forget skills faster if depop tickers arent reset via training/fighting;

- skill cap is hidden skill for every fighter so it can differ with 50-100 pts;

- injuries lower the skill cap;

- there prolly is something like age decline, but I think Mike changed it to be related to how many training sessions a fighter had instead to his age; once this shit starts, skills cap starts decreasing and a capped fighter starts losing skills. This also is prolly some hidden - when exactly a fighter starts to decline.

Anyway, slow learners are a total waste of time, no matter how much u discuss it, u shouldnt keep under 5.5

The first line is very interesting. I did not know that. That would explain why some of my very young fighters are having skill depops even though they are good learners. As of 2013 when I left age decline was definitely a thing. It made things very difficult to maintain. You had to fight more often to reset tickers but you usually were still chasing your tail trying to maintain skill levels. I didn't think it lowered your skill cap. I thought it just made other skills depop faster. Although, I never had a fighter anywhere near maxed out.

I've also noticed that pretty much all of my skill capped fighters have started to steadily decline, very soon after hitting the cap. I guess I might be just training them the wrong way, but maintaining the cap is almost impossible (to me at least).

Physicals seem like the first skills to go. Before you hit the cap, you can keeping them going up even with just one general session per week. But once you're at the cap, they start to go down.

Maybe I need to cut back on sparring, because my primaries are the only ones that keep going up.

http://mmatycoon.com/fighterprofilemanager.php?FID=228905

This guy was slower than 5. Had to be one of the slowest learners I've ever had.

http://mmatycoon.com/fighterprofilepublic.php?FID=106772

another slow one.

mmatycoon.com/fighterprofilemanager.php?FID=302429

he's a fuckin snail...

If you're going to fight early and often, learning speed is most likely necessary.

• Upvote 1

This guy was slower than 5. Had to be one of the slowest learners I've ever had.

another slow one.

he's a fuckin snail...

If you're going to fight early and often, learning speed is most likely necessary.

WHAT? Kajun Puno can't fucking believe it

another slow one.

he's a fuckin snail...

Anyway, he has a granite chin. Maybe I'd sack one of my guys with no good hiddens sooner or later. I'll keep my 5.1 solid chin. Thanks!

Anyway, everyone can try to train one slow learner for a while and to see for himself if it is worth to waste coach sessions for him. For me it is too slow plus that prevents you from being competitive in ID orgs. The difference between a slow and fast learner from useless to elite is about 40-50 sessions, meaning having to train each skill for at least a month more than a faster learner.

I play on my mobile nearly entirely. As far as I am aware you cant check the exact learning speed on a mobile. So what would a 5.5 look like in the assistant? From 1-- to 1+?

Your fighter starts of with 1.95, every - is a step of 2.5

So

<2.5 --

>2.5 but less than 5 -

>5 but less than 7.5 +

> 7.5 ++

Now keep in mind they start with 1.95 and the value is not calculated 5 + 1.95 but the total value in self, so if he has 5 it is with the 1.95 (actual learning speed would have been 3,05, but that is not how we check speed).

So in short, he needs top go from -- to + in 1 session to be decent or better. If he only goes to - then that means he is slow but to know exact how slow you need to use grease monkey script.

He could be 4.95 and sacking some one for that when all other stats are good is personal preferences.

Having said that tho, I've had my share fair of slow learners and they are rarely worth it, they need to be decent else it's 2-3 years (IRL) before they are really competative

WHAT? Kajun Puno can't fucking believe it

Slowest learner I've ever kept. Early career reflects that. 16 year old MW slowly boosted up to HW. Outskilled by most opponents. When he fought Joestar for CFC HW title IIRC was Sens/Won/Sens/Brown vs Elite/Elite/Elite/Black and I think popped from Exceptional boxing to Sensational boxing before the fight.

Heart/KO Power/Chin

scored 99 IQ so wasn't the brightest tool in the shed. you can see why a lot of fighters he rocks or knocks down recover or survive because of this. Solid confidence too but I didn't select it as a hidden. If he weren't "Puno" would of gave up on him when he was 6-5 and outskilled by opponents with a much lower ID.

Keep in mind... patience was the key to Puno's success. Took almost 4 IRL years before he was actually skilled enough to start competing against the upper tier competition. He had beaten fighters with elite skills, but their hiddens were mostly sub-par prior to signing with CFC.

Puno was a 16yo creation and never reached his cap, right?

Plus, at heavyweight u need less secondaries to be competitive.

As far as I know he never reached his cap. Unless it was below 2700 skill points. He currently has 2553 skill points. I've got his decline down to (on avg) -2 points a week.

Puno was versatile. He had ground and stand up. Won 1st HW fight via sub. Beat Jean Pierre Garcon via sub. Placed 2nd in TWGC before the HW TWGC became littered with LHW fighters. Other than his very first TWGC fight, the only fighters he ever lost to in TWGC were Light Heavyweights that were 40-50 lbs lighter than him.

Styles make fights. Sure, strikers can compete with most strikers but you run across a Monte Zuma, Umanouke, or Timur Rubin with no ground game and you're going to get exposed unless they gas out trying to score a TD. Back in the day gassing was a lot more of a death sentence than it is now.

• Upvote 1

Got a fight coming up for one of my new 25 year olds. How many sessions would it take for a 25 year old 1on1 Ct agility to get to around superb? Is it possible to have it done before June 23rd for his fight

Personally I would avoid the 25 y/o builds in favor of the 18 y/o creations. They're much more viable for longevity.