Jump to content


Photo

Noob Questions


  • Please log in to reply
4237 replies to this topic

#4221 joseppe

joseppe

    Purple Belt

  • Manager
  • 267 posts

Posted 16 November 2018 - 10:30 PM

Ground game is one i cant figure out its either stand up or stand up lol. How does one with great stats win the ground game if you want to dominate the ground


  • 0

#4222 larryhawkk

larryhawkk

    White Belt

  • Manager
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 December 2018 - 08:40 PM

How can I deal with submission spam when both fighters are relatively equal on the ground?  Should I aggressively look to advance position or look to counter more?  Or something else entirely?  It sucks to be stuck in guard defending like 15 submissions before one finally works.


  • 1

#4223 pjrfin

pjrfin

    Blue Belt

  • Manager
  • 125 posts

Posted 05 December 2018 - 02:51 PM

How can I deal with submission spam when both fighters are relatively equal on the ground?  Should I aggressively look to advance position or look to counter more?  Or something else entirely?  It sucks to be stuck in guard defending like 15 submissions before one finally works.

 

Look for more counters. But if you can't handle 15 sub attempts vs a spammer, maybe the fighters aren't as equal on the ground after all.

 

Also, if you haven't already, you should really crack up the finish/control slider heavily towards finish. Control is death on the ground.


  • 0

#4224 larryhawkk

larryhawkk

    White Belt

  • Manager
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 December 2018 - 12:48 AM

 

Look for more counters. But if you can't handle 15 sub attempts vs a spammer, maybe the fighters aren't as equal on the ground after all.

 

Also, if you haven't already, you should really crack up the finish/control slider heavily towards finish. Control is death on the ground.

 

Does control just limit the number of actions you have without really giving any benefit then?  Thanks for the feedback.  I'll definitely change that slider.


  • 0

#4225 actionjackson

actionjackson

    Purple Belt

  • Manager
  • 560 posts

Posted 07 December 2018 - 01:40 AM

 

Does control just limit the number of actions you have without really giving any benefit then?  Thanks for the feedback.  I'll definitely change that slider.

 

I think what you're saying is generally correct but in my mind this slider is a bit of a mystery. There is the equivalent to aggressor / counter & strike/sub / advance position in both standup and in the clinch but what does finish / control actually do on the ground? Another thing to consider is that IQ plays a huge role in being able to score a submission and perhaps in defending against one?


  • 1

#4226 TJMitchell

TJMitchell

    Brown Belt

  • Manager
  • 906 posts

Posted 07 December 2018 - 01:44 AM

have a read of this bois - http://www.mmatycoon...showtopic=56575


  • 1

1542546360The_Stepdads.png

 

 

If you're going to cheat, be discreet!


#4227 actionjackson

actionjackson

    Purple Belt

  • Manager
  • 560 posts

Posted 07 December 2018 - 01:15 PM

have a read of this bois - http://www.mmatycoon...showtopic=56575

 

Thanks TJ! This is what I take from it:

"You can clearly see that "Finish" is the parent node of "Strike/Sub Vs Advance", while "Control" is a leaf node. It has a role similar to "Stall" in the clinch hierarchy."

Do most managers accept this explanation?


  • 0

#4228 WingerDaddy

WingerDaddy

    Blue Belt

  • Manager
  • 175 posts

Posted 07 December 2018 - 11:16 PM

 

Thanks TJ! This is what I take from it:

"You can clearly see that "Finish" is the parent node of "Strike/Sub Vs Advance", while "Control" is a leaf node. It has a role similar to "Stall" in the clinch hierarchy."

Do most managers accept this explanation?

 

 

So wait 

 

https://www.mmatycoo...php?FTID=938884

I set it as 90% counter

would it be something like this ?

each round he was just taking his time finding the right moment not until 04:58 last seconds of round 3 got the choke and finished it..

 

gqcQIkx.png


  • 0

1510498238RFL_logo.png1510506114ezgif-3-ad2d6f6f50.gif15354600372dvtvdf_th.jpg


#4229 TJMitchell

TJMitchell

    Brown Belt

  • Manager
  • 906 posts

Posted 07 December 2018 - 11:36 PM

What is your 'stick position' in that fight?

 

Edit: I'm guessing its back. Since you have adv position set to 100% (thats what it looks like) your fighter didn't attempt a submission until he found his stick position which I believe then overrides that strike/sub slider...I think. I'm not the best at the ground game

 

Edit 2: With the counter set at 90% your chance of an aggro move would be 1/10 (10%) but that doesn't mean you will only attempt that once every ten rolls just that you have a 1 in 10 chance of rolling aggro. It could in fact still roll aggro 3 times in a row. Again...I think  :lol:


  • 3

1542546360The_Stepdads.png

 

 

If you're going to cheat, be discreet!


#4230 WingerDaddy

WingerDaddy

    Blue Belt

  • Manager
  • 175 posts

Posted 07 December 2018 - 11:39 PM

What is your 'stick position' in that fight?

 

It was Back/None


  • 0

1510498238RFL_logo.png1510506114ezgif-3-ad2d6f6f50.gif15354600372dvtvdf_th.jpg


#4231 TJMitchell

TJMitchell

    Brown Belt

  • Manager
  • 906 posts

Posted 07 December 2018 - 11:44 PM

 

It was Back/None

 

I thought so. See edits above


  • 0

1542546360The_Stepdads.png

 

 

If you're going to cheat, be discreet!


#4232 WingerDaddy

WingerDaddy

    Blue Belt

  • Manager
  • 175 posts

Posted 07 December 2018 - 11:47 PM

 

I thought so. See edits above

 

 

So it's preferred to be full aggro and finish?


  • 0

1510498238RFL_logo.png1510506114ezgif-3-ad2d6f6f50.gif15354600372dvtvdf_th.jpg


#4233 TJMitchell

TJMitchell

    Brown Belt

  • Manager
  • 906 posts

Posted 07 December 2018 - 11:59 PM

 

 

So it's preferred to be full aggro and finish?

 

This gets out of my territory a bit now. Be better for someone with more understanding to answer this one. I only have 6 sub wins in 189 total lol


  • 0

1542546360The_Stepdads.png

 

 

If you're going to cheat, be discreet!


#4234 WingerDaddy

WingerDaddy

    Blue Belt

  • Manager
  • 175 posts

Posted 08 December 2018 - 12:00 AM

 

This gets out of my territory a bit now. Be better for someone with more understanding to answer this one. I only have 6 sub wins in 189 total lol

 

 

haha it's cool I appreciate the response though :)


  • 0

1510498238RFL_logo.png1510506114ezgif-3-ad2d6f6f50.gif15354600372dvtvdf_th.jpg


#4235 actionjackson

actionjackson

    Purple Belt

  • Manager
  • 560 posts

Posted 08 December 2018 - 01:03 AM

I think IQ is the most important factor on the ground. I have had success with high IQ fighters and struggled with low IQ ones even with high skills. Do you know Daldo's IQ?


  • 0

#4236 WingerDaddy

WingerDaddy

    Blue Belt

  • Manager
  • 175 posts

Posted 10 December 2018 - 05:13 PM

I think IQ is the most important factor on the ground. I have had success with high IQ fighters and struggled with low IQ ones even with high skills. Do you know Daldo's IQ?

 

I don't know Daldo's IQ didn't check more like I didn't know to check it.


  • 0

1510498238RFL_logo.png1510506114ezgif-3-ad2d6f6f50.gif15354600372dvtvdf_th.jpg


#4237 actionjackson

actionjackson

    Purple Belt

  • Manager
  • 560 posts

Posted 10 December 2018 - 06:10 PM

 

I don't know Daldo's IQ didn't check more like I didn't know to check it.

 

You need to win an IQ test to use on him or sometimes they come randomly in the mail. I would guess he has a pretty high IQ since he has gotten 5 subs in 6 fights and his success rate is really good!


  • 0

#4238 WingerDaddy

WingerDaddy

    Blue Belt

  • Manager
  • 175 posts

Posted 10 December 2018 - 06:17 PM

 

You need to win an IQ test to use on him or sometimes they come randomly in the mail. I would guess he has a pretty high IQ since he has gotten 5 subs in 6 fights and his success rate is really good!

 

Ah that's how you know the IQ got it. I guess but the projects of 335k have caught up just feels like he ain't got no juice left with those cheesy primary lmao.  


  • 0

1510498238RFL_logo.png1510506114ezgif-3-ad2d6f6f50.gif15354600372dvtvdf_th.jpg





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users