best 3 hidden?

You do not need to take it as a hidden. But, other hiddens being equal, a fast learner is going to be a far more successful fighter. Not only can he get in the ring sooner. But given 4-6 weeks between fights he can adapt better. Training both to exploit weaknesses in his opponent, and also to improve his defenses against his opponents strength. Slow learners are not worth the time. Average learners can be worth the effort if they exhibit exceptional skill in other hiddens.

Thats a good point about being able to adapt to new challenges faster

You do not need to take it as a hidden. But, other hiddens being equal, a fast learner is going to be a far more successful fighter. Not only can he get in the ring sooner. But given 4-6 weeks between fights he can adapt better. Training both to exploit weaknesses in his opponent, and also to improve his defenses against his opponents strength. Slow learners are not worth the time. Average learners can be worth the effort if they exhibit exceptional skill in other hiddens.

The only problem I have with fast learners is that whilst they usually dominate early because of purely learning more skills in a faster fashion, they usually end up in the deep water a lot quicker and unless they have the hiddens to back it up they usually have some trouble. So while I love a fast learner, I'm always very wary of moving them up in competition too quick before their other hiddens have been fully tested.

Why wouldn't you send a granite chin to a KT org. A granite chin would be great for a KT org[/quote

GC doesn't mean you will wins fights just that you can take punishment but can still lose just not by ko tko.

You only end up in the deep water if you take the wrong contract. It is not just about the money. Always look at who you will be up against in the top of an Org's division. If your guy is not going to match any of the top 5 after winning his first 3 or 4 fights you may want to look at another Org.

I seem to have a very easy time KOing a granite chin opponent, and likewise have felt the KO on my granite chinners. I feel that GC, along with KO power...are extremely easy hidden to counteract with well placed sliders...so I will almost always go intelligence (good for exploiting weakness in opponent), big heart (more visible in surviving damage in my opinion than chin), and fast learner. All perspective though.

I think this is a great point. You don't hear people talk about the importance of a good learner in between fights. It's only talked about in the long term. It takes years to get to the top in MMATycoon and that's a lot of time before where you do need learning speed.

I pretty much mix up Fast learner with Heart, KO power, Granite Chin (although it seems many a granite chin get ko'd anyway I still figure the boost from me picking it can't hurt), and Knows how to adapt gameplan.

i find granite chin to be somewhat over rated though -- or not over rated but needs heart to back it up -- i have several granite chins been ko'ed by weak (not known for power) fighters and i feel its do to heart somewhat

Yep, I usually take Heart over Gran. Chin. I have had multiple ToTT's reveal granite chin, and then get knocked out in the 1st round. My toughest fighter has Heart, and No Injuries. His ToTT said cuts easy, but I have been yet to see it, so that's cool.

Fast Learner is tricky though, when you take up that hidden with fast learner, you are putting all your eggs in that basket. If he isn't a fast learner (which is still possible) then he's going to be a dud. Also a fast learner may compete well verse ID restricted orgs, but in the long haul you may be better off to have a hidden that will help you with fighting more. I've hated the 3 or 4 fast learners I made. Kept getting the Intelligent ToTT, Which is basically a computer geek who wants to get smacked around some. (If I wanted to fight then I wouldn't need this game.)

Yep, I usually take Heart over Gran. Chin. I have had multiple ToTT's reveal granite chin, and then get knocked out in the 1st round. My toughest fighter has Heart, and No Injuries. His ToTT said cuts easy, but I have been yet to see it, so that's cool.

wow, i never thought of that just assumed the chin was the most important,but if you have no heart in theory your chin will get tested a lot more i guess

I have a granite chin fighter with sensational striking defence that has been getting KO'd regularly. Its gotta be due to poor heart hidden I guess, his confidence isn't very good either. His Granite chin and KO power makes for some great 1st round KO wins but having poor heart and confidence almost always equals a loss if it goes past the 1st round.

Fast Learner is tricky though, when you take up that hidden with fast learner, you are putting all your eggs in that basket. If he isn't a fast learner (which is still possible) then he's going to be a dud. Also a fast learner may compete well verse ID restricted orgs, but in the long haul you may be better off to have a hidden that will help you with fighting more. I've hated the 3 or 4 fast learners I made. Kept getting the Intelligent ToTT, Which is basically a computer geek who wants to get smacked around some. (If I wanted to fight then I wouldn't need this game.)

You, my friend, are severely underestimating the advantage intelligence can give you in a fight. If high enough, intelligence coupled with good slider knowledge (aka know how much to put on "see how it goes" bar) can net you a victory over opponents that severely outmatch you as it allows for your fighter to find a weakness in your opponents game ESPECIALLY on the ground. Couple that with fast learner and you've got a future monster (as I've got two of these types on my roster).

You, my friend, are severely underestimating the advantage intelligence can give you in a fight. If high enough, intelligence coupled with good slider knowledge (aka know how much to put on "see how it goes" bar) can net you a victory over opponents that severely outmatch you as it allows for your fighter to find a weakness in your opponents game ESPECIALLY on the ground. Couple that with fast learner and you've got a future monster (as I've got two of these types on my roster).

Don't get me wrong, intelligence is good. What I was saying is that if I choose the Fast Learner Hidden. And then reveal intelligence in the ToTT, my opinion is that the fighter is so geared towards brain power stuff that he is lacking when it comes to chin, heart, confidence, ko power, etc. Intelligence is awesome when combined with other things, but my "brainiac" fighters have all been unable to finish fights, or withstand punishment. But this is all just personal experience, I feel like I am still a newer manager.

Don't get me wrong, intelligence is good. What I was saying is that if I choose the Fast Learner Hidden. And then reveal intelligence in the ToTT, my opinion is that the fighter is so geared towards brain power stuff that he is lacking when it comes to chin, heart, confidence, ko power, etc. Intelligence is awesome when combined with other things, but my "brainiac" fighters have all been unable to finish fights, or withstand punishment. But this is all just personal experience, I feel like I am still a newer manager.

Once you fully understand sliders, your guy has a possibility of plugging the holes he lacks with INT. Higher DMG vs accuracy, more aggressive vs counter etc etc...but I digress. Switch a fast learner to bjj expert with high INT and you should be good...or at least incorporate bjj.

does anyone even know how much fast learner helps? i only make 25YOs for creation tournaments but if this is decent i might start keeping those fighters

I don't think so, I started my career only making 25 year olds just so I could fight instantly and make money but even the fastest learners among those will never reach even close to their potential

ok so would you spend fast learner on a 25YO?

No. A 25yo is already to old for any serious training. If the other hiddens are strong he may do ok after a year of fights and training. But if you want a competitive fighter you are better off making an 18yo, test him for at least average learning speed, and training him for 6+ months before his first fight. Some managers will train projects for much longer. I lack the patience needed to build that level of beast. And if your project has a major flaw, like a glass jaw or tissue skin you waste a lot of time and money.

Ive begun fighting my new 18 years olds before I even start training just to see what the TotT says and if he loses (which they usually do) I can see their confidence, that way I dont waste any time and money on fighters who dont make the grade. Not sure taking a loss like that is what many managers want to do but in th elong run I think it will pay off.

• Upvote 1

No. A 25yo is already to old for any serious training. If the other hiddens are strong he may do ok after a year of fights and training. But if you want a competitive fighter you are better off making an 18yo, test him for at least average learning speed, and training him for 6+ months before his first fight. Some managers will train projects for much longer. I lack the patience needed to build that level of beast. And if your project has a major flaw, like a glass jaw or tissue skin you waste a lot of time and money.

well, really i was just wondering in terms of 25yos and if theyre worth keeping after a creation tournament as well as, since you like i, cant seem to be patient enough for a project if making for example a 20-21YO with good learning speed made sense, i havent made anyone between 19-24 since joining

well, really i was just wondering in terms of 25yos and if theyre worth keeping after a creation tournament as well as, since you like i, cant seem to be patient enough for a project if making for example a 20-21YO with good learning speed made sense, i havent made anyone between 19-24 since joining

If the fighter does well in a tournament they are well worth keeping. Just do not expect too much in the long run. I have had a lot of fun in mid level Orgs with some of the first fighters I made even though they were terribly flawed.