Cleveland will suck.

ch3rubim

The Cavs dont even know what they are! This was their FIRST game together, I dont want the cavs to be good but if youve played ANY organized sport then you know they are going to be way better, they have to build chemistry ESPECIALLY in basketball! They cant learn all that shit in preseason when nobody played and they definitely wont have playoff level chemistry with all new players after one game that they lost by 5.

TO IMPROVE CHEMISTRY

-They should make waiters a sixth man (play off the bench).(IMPOSSIBLE)

-LBJ has to stop playing point guard.(IMPOSSIBLE)

-Kevin Love has to play the 3rd option role.(POSSIBLE)

-Kyrie (NOT LBJ) needs to set the plays and run more pick & rolls/pops with Love/LBJ (POSSIBLE)

-LBJ should be 2nd option on the wing or down post (waiting for lobs) (POSSIBLE)

-LBJ needs to stop aiming for the 3ple-double every night (stop setting plays) and move with-out the ball (IMPOSSIBLE)

Still they will most likely win east...its not about the talent, but at some point they will play together and you don't need them to be as close as other teams have to be, because they are better players. If you take teamwork from Spurs, they won't win much. They rely on that and you can see how great that serves them. Now, imagine Spurs having their teamwork AND talent level of Clevland. Im not saying Parker, Duncan or Leonard sucks, but most of them are old and not as good as they used to be. Give them time and you will see them going on rampage, winning game after game. They won't reach Spurs' like 60wins season, but 50-55? Thats easy for them in the east.

Just this to add to this discussion:

- I would take Pippen ahead of Wade and Irving

- I would take prime Rodman ahead of Love and Bosh

- Not to mention the Phil Jackson factor

- Also, there are much more better players overall now than in the 80s and 90s meaning the depth of teams is bigger making the stars less important in the team(still very much but not as before)

And, the 1st month's results don't mean anything for the playoffs ;)

Still they will most likely win east...its not about the talent, but at some point they will play together and you don't need them to be as close as other teams have to be, because they are better players. If you take teamwork from Spurs, they won't win much. They rely on that and you can see how great that serves them. Now, imagine Spurs having their teamwork AND talent level of Clevland. Im not saying Parker, Duncan or Leonard sucks, but most of them are old and not as good as they used to be. Give them time and you will see them going on rampage, winning game after game. They won't reach Spurs' like 60wins season, but 50-55? Thats easy for them in the east.

Exactly, just... Exactly

Just this to add to this discussion:

- I would take Pippen ahead of Wade and Irving

- I would take prime Rodman ahead of Love and Bosh

- Not to mention the Phil Jackson factor

- Also, there are much more better players overall now than in the 80s and 90s meaning the depth of teams is bigger making the stars less important in the team(still very much but not as before)

And, the 1st month's results don't mean anything for the playoffs ;)

I disagree on this one, many teams had multiple hall of famers back then, the blazers had 3, sonics had 2 not counting kemp, the jazz had 2, rockets had 4, knicks had 4, Lakers and Celtics were trouble, now the east aint shit and almost every team is one injury away from a lottery pick

Exactly, if i didnt try to explain that fact a thousand times, the first few games barely matter

What are you talking about? who in the world wins basketball without teamwork? Obviously, you dont know much about the game.

I'm talking about chemistry, the roster. This cavs team isn't built to win. And every team in the NBA is eager to prove that and humiliate them.

What are you talking about? who in the world wins basketball without teamwork? Obviously, you dont know much about the game.

I'm talking about chemistry, the roster. This cavs team isn't built to win. And every team in the NBA is eager to prove that and humiliate them.

What he said totally went over your head... he is saying, they will build "teamwork" but they dont even have to be nearly as close due to the talent level they have on their roster...

From everything you said in this thread its clear you watch basketball with emotions not Hoops IQ. Common sense tells us all that barring major injury the Cavs roster is better than most of the east. Take tonights game Thompson pulled 10+ offensive boards, who did that in miami? Underrated Varejao put in timely buckets and solid D. You can see the wheels turning the players and coaches just have to learn each other. 82 games is plenty of time to build relationships, this Cavs team currently is just a rough draft of april

What he said totally went over your head... he is saying, they will build "teamwork" but they dont even have to be nearly as close due to the talent level they have on their roster...

From everything you said in this thread its clear you watch basketball with emotions not Hoops IQ. Common sense tells us all that barring major injury the Cavs roster is better than most of the east. Take tonights game Thompson pulled 10+ offensive boards, who did that in miami? Underrated Varejao put in timely buckets and solid D. You can see the wheels turning the players and coaches just have to learn each other. 82 games is plenty of time to build relationships, this Cavs team currently is just a rough draft of april

What? Did you really see the game? The cavs clearly were losing. Thompson just took advantage of Gibson's injury. Jimmy Butler didn't play, fortunately for Lebron. They were saved by an injury to Rose.

You question my IQ? Where's yours? Did you see what happened to Waiters late game? DId you see the look on his face? Did you see Irving's face, He looked like he became a rookie again. You think Kyrie is happy with his play and his numbers? He clearly doesn't fit with LBJ. It is clear their chemistry is nowhere.

What? Did you really see the game? The cavs clearly were losing. Thompson just took advantage of Gibson's injury. Jimmy Butler didn't play, fortunately for Lebron. They were saved by an injury to Rose.

You question my IQ? Where's yours? Did you see what happened to Waiters late game? DId you see the look on his face? Did you see Irving's face, He looked like he became a rookie again. You think Kyrie is happy with his play and his numbers? He clearly doesn't fit with LBJ. It is clear their chemistry is nowhere.

Spurs didn't become one unit in their first official season game, man. Give them some time, because that's what they need to build teamwork. Thats all we said, are you retarded or something? .-.

I'd pick Raptors/Wizards over Cavs in the east..

Raptors are good, but thats 3-5 seed team. Wizards...I dont know, they are good and actually may battle for 2-3 seed at the end...I dont know how bad that D-Rose's injury is, but if he is out for longer time, Cavs will have way easier way to the top.

Raptors are good, but thats 3-5 seed team. Wizards...I dont know, they are good and actually may battle for 2-3 seed at the end...I dont know how bad that D-Rose's injury is, but if he is out for longer time, Cavs will have way easier way to the top.

Not true to this guy,theyre gonna finish 27th in the league because they lost to the knicks by 5 in the first game of the season

how s2pid r u? i never base my opinion on final scores. did you look at the stats?

i base my opinion on basketball iq and analysis.

the most obvious reason to me why this team wont work is that irving`s stats are going down, his role in the team is also shaky. considering how young he still is, he wont be happy in the long run. hes still got a long career to build on. the same goes with waiters. with the talent these guys have, they`re also after max salaries in the future, so they need numbers to back them up.

how s2pid r u? i never base my opinion on final scores. did you look at the stats?

i base my opinion on basketball iq and analysis.

the most obvious reason to me why this team wont work is that irving`s stats are going down, his role in the team is also shaky. considering how young he still is, he wont be happy in the long run. hes still got a long career to build on. the same goes with waiters.

DUUUUUUUHH, no shit man, seriously? We knew Irving's stats will go down waaaaaaaaaaaay before season started .-. It was clear that with LBJ both Love and Irving will take backseat, so that's nothing new, man. But you can't judge brand new team based on 1 game. They just started to play together. In a month they will play a little bit better. In 3 months they will be much better. Come play off time they will be way better, compared to those first games. You can't say Cavs will lose, just because they lost one game.

you have no idea what goes inside a player`s head. this team could break apart.

And pretty much they can go on to win NBA title. You don't know that either. That's why we keep telling you - you can NOT judge them based on 1 game. Give them some time and around december we may have better view on what's going on.

you can wait til then, but im sticking with the title of my post since i dislike people expecting championships when it hasnt even started yet.

Sooo...you are basically stuborn...ok, you should've start with that .-. You can't say Cavs WON'T win title for sure. They have really strong team and still have a lot of time to develop chemistry needed for playoffs. Through normal season they can easily win 50 games based on their skills only. They will not get Spurs-like 60+ wins, but 50 wins mark is easy to reach with talent alone. And later we will see if they play well-enough to win the title - but that's yet to be seen.

you can wait til then, but im sticking with the title of my post since i dislike people expecting championships when it hasnt even started yet.

Who said they were going to get championships? Nobody in this thread professed them champs, YOU SAID THEY WILL SUCK... In my mind, SUCK = later than 19th ranked in win percentage, missed the playoffs and lottery pick bound. We just said they should naturally be good based on talent and lack of tough opponents, we have the understanding that they WILL have better chemistry later in the season. Ive said multiple times i dont want them to win, i dont know who you are referring to.

Its a silly conversation to have with you, its blatantly obvious your predictions are based on emotion

Who said they were going to get championships? Nobody in this thread professed them champs, YOU SAID THEY WILL SUCK... In my mind, SUCK = later than 19th ranked in win percentage, missed the playoffs and lottery pick bound. We just said they should naturally be good based on talent and lack of tough opponents, we have the understanding that they WILL have better chemistry later in the season. Ive said multiple times i dont want them to win, i dont know who you are referring to.

Its a silly conversation to have with you, its blatantly obvious your predictions are based on emotion

It would be easier to write "In my mind, SUCK = Lakers". Less characters, bro :x Before the season started I knew that Knicks won't go 0-82 as many people thought...becuase they have to play Lakers twice. Now they will most likely end 3-79. THANK YOU KING JAMES! Thanks to that Knicks will have win over two different teams at the end of the season :) NY City is probably gratefull for your effort and sacrifice :)

My Fanhood resides in ORLANDO... what is basketball?

Honestly? Orlando at least have some good guys which actually can play, instad of putting ball in Melo's hands and getting out of the way... :x

wait, the Cavs beat the bulls and Lebron scored 36? http://sports.yahoo.com/news/james-leads-cavaliers-past-bulls-031047813--nba.html

They must be perfect now, and based on that game alone I predict the Cavs will go 81-1 and Lebron will be inducted in the Hall of Fame by December.

Also, I bet 500.000$ game cash the Cavs will finish top4 on the East. Any takers?

• Upvote 1

Exactly, just... Exactly

I disagree on this one, many teams had multiple hall of famers back then, the blazers had 3, sonics had 2 not counting kemp, the jazz had 2, rockets had 4, knicks had 4, Lakers and Celtics were trouble, now the east aint shit and almost every team is one injury away from a lottery pick

Exactly, if i didnt try to explain that fact a thousand times, the first few games barely matter

That's also the base for my opposite argument. The end of the benches were poorer comparing to now, meaning the better players shone more than nowadays. If the base of the pyramid is bigger then there are also more guys on the top of it. An allstar now is probably a better player than a lot of allstars from the 80's. This is one of the reasons why one should not compare players from different times and also the reason why I can safely say that it is more difficult to be seen as a fantastic player now because being all-star just does not cut it anymore.