• Please log in to reply
2675 replies to this topic

#2661 GBK16

GBK16

Pikachu

• Developer
  • 9,843 posts

Posted Yesterday, 11:36 PM

Thank you for proving my point and doing exactly what I said someone would do. I'm not sure you even read what I said " Now I know you're reading this and saying its not the same thing, but they are. I don't think any person needs to leave their house to drink a beer" His (TJ's) argument was why do you need it and you said what you do with them and not why you need it. So you need alcohol because it's consumed? Bars are legal because alcohol is consumed?  Your emotion on the subject gets laid out when you say guns kill people as there primary purpose.  With little research it's found that guns save more lives than they claim. Guns don't kill, people do. Alcohol doesn't kill, it's the person that drank that should get the blame.  BTW, they have laws about how to use a gun just like they do with drinking. How come when the law is broke it's the guns fault? How come when one inanimate object kills (gun) it's the guns fault? But when someone does it with a frying pan it's the persons fault? 

So I'll ask again, why do you need alcohol and bars? Remember, alcohol kills more people than guns. So saying guns kill is not a valid argument. It's merely a copout because one you like and the other you don't. 

Guns were designed for military use in the way of defeating other armies through the means of killing their soldiers. So yeah, they were designed to kill people.

Trying to pass off the fact that numerous massacres have happened in the US over the past few years with Guns being the primary weapon in the vast majority of them, by comparing it to alcohol consumption which is another topic entirely, is a pisspoor Strawman argument. The topic is about the issue with massacres committed by Guns.

Just to entertain your side argument, how much advertising and awareness is put in about Mentally Unstable people and Guns? Now, how much is put into Drinking and Driving? Personally, I don't actually drink that much. If a regulation was put in that you can only consume X amount of units if you are in a public venue, I wouldn't object to it at all. Sure, it would never happen, but that's pretty much my stance on alcohol.

As for your counter point on the Frying Pan analogy - It comes back to their purpose in design. Guns were made to kill people, sure they protect lives also at this point, but quite frankly, outright abstaining the fact a Gun is the weapon used in almost all of these fatal massacres is shameful. Even PBR admits shit needs to be done on it. It's clear the checks that are meant to be carried out when purchasing a firearm aren't always used, so sorting that out would at least aid in preventing some future shit from happening.

Also - Don't try and put people on a side of the line purely because you disagree with them. I'm very much in the middle on the topic, with an understanding for both sides arguments. Let's put it this way though, if nothing changes on the topic, then all that will happen is more and more mass killings will happen. And for the love of god, don't be one of those twats saying to give every cbomb a gun. Even the idea of schools having security would be an improvement to the situation, but lowering the calibre of weapon available to the general public would also help. I'm sure people like PBR, despite me feeling his gun collection being pretty excessive, use them for recreational purposes. And that demographic will feel hard done by when it comes to the topic of guns when shit like this happens, but at the same point, something has got to give on the issue.

14535905552yukmeb.jpg1482792032image.jpg1415893171image.jpg

The Seven Musketeers

The Past // The Present // The Future

7x Division 1 Champs (Feb/Mar/Apr/May/Sep/Dec '17 - Jan '18)

tumblr_nfgpck1Lbr1tf69j8o1_400.gif

#2662 Cobb

Cobb

Purple Belt

• Manager
  • 487 posts

Posted Today, 02:05 AM

Guns were designed for military use in the way of defeating other armies through the means of killing their soldiers. So yeah, they were designed to kill people.

Trying to pass off the fact that numerous massacres have happened in the US over the past few years with Guns being the primary weapon in the vast majority of them, by comparing it to alcohol consumption which is another topic entirely, is a pisspoor Strawman argument. The topic is about the issue with massacres committed by Guns.

Just to entertain your side argument, how much advertising and awareness is put in about Mentally Unstable people and Guns? Now, how much is put into Drinking and Driving? Personally, I don't actually drink that much. If a regulation was put in that you can only consume X amount of units if you are in a public venue, I wouldn't object to it at all. Sure, it would never happen, but that's pretty much my stance on alcohol.

As for your counter point on the Frying Pan analogy - It comes back to their purpose in design. Guns were made to kill people, sure they protect lives also at this point, but quite frankly, outright abstaining the fact a Gun is the weapon used in almost all of these fatal massacres is shameful. Even PBR admits shit needs to be done on it. It's clear the checks that are meant to be carried out when purchasing a firearm aren't always used, so sorting that out would at least aid in preventing some future shit from happening.

Also - Don't try and put people on a side of the line purely because you disagree with them. I'm very much in the middle on the topic, with an understanding for both sides arguments. Let's put it this way though, if nothing changes on the topic, then all that will happen is more and more mass killings will happen. And for the love of god, don't be one of those twats saying to give every cbomb a gun. Even the idea of schools having security would be an improvement to the situation, but lowering the calibre of weapon available to the general public would also help. I'm sure people like PBR, despite me feeling his gun collection being pretty excessive, use them for recreational purposes. And that demographic will feel hard done by when it comes to the topic of guns when shit like this happens, but at the same point, something has got to give on the issue.

If you're only going to continue based on opinion and not fact that guns were solely made to kill people, whats the point of debating? Ignorance to a subject you're debating is just lazy. Till you educate yourself and start to use some critical thought, speaking to you about this matter is pointless.

#2663 GBK16

GBK16

Pikachu

• Developer
  • 9,843 posts

Posted Today, 02:19 AM

All you've done is pose strawman arguments and cried that *shock* I pointed out the flaw you knew there was in your argument. I agree, it is pointless for you to speak to me on this matter, your stubborn attitude prevents you from seeing any viewpoint other than your own.

Also, you do realise everybody has posted their opinion? It's only people cry about things being opinions when they ain't got anything left to say.

The Seven Musketeers

#2664 Timqwe

Timqwe

Black Belt

• Manager
  • 1,588 posts

Posted Today, 02:20 AM

If you're only going to continue based on opinion and not fact that guns were solely made to kill people, whats the point of debating? Ignorance to a subject you're debating is just lazy. Till you educate yourself and start to use some critical thought, speaking to you about this matter is pointless.

It's not an opinion though. The first gunlike machinerie was created by the Chinese to be used in battle

15017318482-familia.jpg\

#2665 GBK16

GBK16

Pikachu

• Developer
  • 9,843 posts

Posted Today, 02:24 AM

It's not an opinion though. The first gunlike machinerie was created by the Chinese to be used in battle

Apparently he doesn't understand the creation of Gunpowder

The Seven Musketeers

#2666 Rambo

Rambo

Red Belt

• Developer
  • 9,094 posts
  • Interests:MMA, Football, Marijuana, Politics
  • Manager Profile

Posted Today, 03:16 AM

You guys live in a protected society because of guns. Because of guns, firearms, weapons, etc. you have the security and comfort you do and don't have to worry about tribes of mongolians or Byzantine's pillaging your land and raping your women. You guys are protected because your government has weapons. A lot of us (Americans) like to own guns in situations where the government fails to protect us or prevent crime... and some people enjoy shooting them.

Were they created to kill the enemy, or to protect yourself from the enemy?

Apparently he doesn't understand the creation of Gunpowder

according to google it was an accident from trying to create a potion of immortality lol.

I would be willing to trade in each one of my guns for a honey badger trained like a K9. Who needs guns to protect you when you have honey badgers?

Posted Image

Posted Image

#2667 GBK16

GBK16

Pikachu

• Developer
  • 9,843 posts

Posted Today, 03:27 AM

according to google it was an accident from trying to create a potion of immortality lol.

Few stories about it, one of them has it pinned that an earlier form of Gunpowder was used for Fireworks. It's commonly accepted that it then lead to the creation of the first gun that used gunpowder for military purposes against their enemies.

The Seven Musketeers

#2668 Cobb

Cobb

Purple Belt

• Manager
  • 487 posts

Posted Today, 03:52 AM

Few stories about it, one of them has it pinned that an earlier form of Gunpowder was used for Fireworks. It's commonly accepted that it then lead to the creation of the first gun that used gunpowder for military purposes against their enemies.

Few stories about it but you still run with it as fact? When you attach an assumption to a piece of evidence, you start to bend the narrative to support it and prejudice yourself. Sorry you continue to prove my point.

#2669 Cobb

Cobb

Purple Belt

• Manager
  • 487 posts

Posted Today, 03:58 AM

We're they created to kill the enemy, or to protect yourself from the enemy?

Yup, thought and logic go along way. I'm guessing emotion made that possibility null and void.

#2670 kenlow73

kenlow73

Red Belt

• Manager
  • 7,832 posts
  • Interests:Web Design, Video Editing, Music, Pro Wrestling, MMA, Bucs, Bulls, Boltz, Rays, Magic, Noles, Storm, and The UNLV Running Rebs.
  • Manager Profile

Posted Today, 04:01 AM

Ok, this is what I posted on Facebook the other day,,,,

ac039fa0a27344ec8ac5bbd300de645d.png

23844f55e258c7d5f0a812c3eb54b9ec.gif1490140446hxf_logo.png55c16b1bd76c7b2b605aa607029bf545.png

#2671 Rambo

Rambo

Red Belt

• Developer
  • 9,094 posts
  • Interests:MMA, Football, Marijuana, Politics
  • Manager Profile

Posted Today, 06:07 AM

I thought it was fireworks too when I was replying to the comment but decided to google it so I didn't seem like a misinformed asshole.  That's what popped up lol.

"I might go into a rage and hurt myself or somebody else"

1482789364145.gif

Posted Image

Posted Image

#2672 Timqwe

Timqwe

Black Belt

• Manager
  • 1,588 posts

Posted Today, 08:31 AM

More shootings before and after you banned semis, compared to when they were banned, and higher victim counts.
https://www.motherjo...ones-full-data/

15017318482-familia.jpg\

#2673 kenlow73

kenlow73

Red Belt

• Manager
  • 7,832 posts
  • Interests:Web Design, Video Editing, Music, Pro Wrestling, MMA, Bucs, Bulls, Boltz, Rays, Magic, Noles, Storm, and The UNLV Running Rebs.
  • Manager Profile

Posted Today, 08:39 AM

More shoptings before and after you banned semis, compared to when they were banned, and higher victim counts.
https://www.motherjo...ones-full-data/

yeah and one in ten make it in the news.

23844f55e258c7d5f0a812c3eb54b9ec.gif1490140446hxf_logo.png55c16b1bd76c7b2b605aa607029bf545.png

#2674 Timqwe

Timqwe

Black Belt

• Manager
  • 1,588 posts

Posted Today, 08:40 AM

yeah and one in ten make it in the news.

that's relevant how?

15017318482-familia.jpg\

#2675 Grasman

Grasman

Red Belt

• Manager
  • 3,099 posts

Posted Today, 03:05 PM

https://www.mirror.c...meones-12057023

I have huge respect for this individual "legal gun owner".

Someone like PBR, or really, any gun owner with a shred of a soul left, really should watch what this man has to say.

Posted Image

#2676 Unibjorn

Unibjorn

Brown Belt

• Manager
  • 758 posts

Posted Today, 03:15 PM

I want to see video of PBR cutting his guns in half  :ca:

Bjorn Again Christian

2 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users