Shanti Anatta- Grappling Prospect

popart

By Chad Stevens, reporter at MMA-LA

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/15680709243128.png

Young grappling phenom Shanti Anatta recently became the first person to ever receive a Black Belt at the Yellow Lotus Center of Healing and Meditative Arts. I was able to catch up with Anatta at the center, where I spotted him meditating underneath a Bodhi Tree.

Buddhist-Monk-Under-Tree.jpg

CS: “nice to meet you, tell me a bit about yourself.”

SA: “My name is Shanti Anatta, which means Peaceful Non Self. I am a Zen Buddhist and I have dedicated myself to the act of combat not as a form of violence, but as a form of healing.”

CS: “how do you go about that?”

SA: “many people in this era are anxious and depressed. Their mind, body, and soul simply do not align. More importantly, their chakras are out of line, and one cannot achieve inner peace in a state of inner chaos.”

CS: “I think I follow. Where do you fit in to all of this?”

SA: “I help aid these lost souls into a deep, meditative sleep, by applying pressure to their throat chakra.”

CS: “... so you choke them unconscious?”

SA: “Yes. And when they awake, they begin to understand the simplicity of holistic living. Desires are the cause of suffering. When you are choked unconscious, you lose all sense of desire, and therefore can not suffer.”

CS: “It says here you won your last grappling event by breaking your opponent's arm.”

SA: “Yes. He was a twat.”

CS: “I understand. Any last words to say to the fans?”

SA: “Though desire, particularly of the physical realm is ultimately corruptive, I have noticed that CATCH champion Rodrizinho Chai is in need of a meditative sleep, and I would be honored to assist.”

• Upvote 2