COVID-19

PBR

Regardless of politics, America was completely unprepared for this one. Hoping our government can realize that this truly is a pandemic and theres no time for bipartisan bickering, though im not hopeful.

No chance of that mate, in America the parties are sports teams people blindly follow -- their team is a group of old players past their prime, your team is a group of seasoned veterans, that kind of thing...

Judging from the figures, this does not seem to be getting better. Besides maybe China, Korea and Japan, the rest have not really gotten a handle on this. The USA has totally ballooned in the past week and Germany, Spain, France and Italy are actually getting worse. Some people were saying by June this will pass, well at this point in time it is looking like it will take way longer than that.

• Upvote 1

It's a catch 22. Shut everything down and put the infected countries and the world on pause, and wait until the virus is starved out. But that could take months, even years. Return to a destroyed economy and a chaotic society. OR focus on keeping the economy going but people keep getting sick and dying as this thing multiplies in cases every day. And lose hundreds of thousands, possibly millions of lives down the road. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fgBla7RepXU

This is a great video to send people who don't understand how this thing can spread. Who still think everyone is overreacting. Good chance this thing will blow up some where in the next few months. Here in the USA, they keep tip toeing around what they should do. They keep shutting things down and asking people to stay home, but how many people are really listening to that? Many businesses will find a way to be deemed essential in order not to close. Grocery stores, liquor stores, some retail stores, delivery companies, security companies, and many others are staying open. They stay open, the virus inevitably spreads. The ones that close go out of business. Its a huge mess.

It is kind of shocking the lack of decisiveness in the from some countries. However you put it, the worse scenario is to "not decide on anything", i mean that is kind of the obvious, because the economy still loses out due to the panic and the pandemic continues to spread.

If let's say X country decides to not go for a full lockdown, what will end up happening? Well the obvious one is that all other countries (that did lock down), will simply lock the borders with the those countries in the fear of the virus spreading back to their countries.

The best way to solve this is a global lock down, that way everyone will end up suffering economically, but the damage on that front will be universal. Which also means that all countries can take similar steps in solving the economic issue later, the main thing is killing this now.

Damn, didnt know you were friends with the legend. He is above 60s, wish the best for him

Well today I learned a friend has been tested and was positive for covid-19 and is not doing good at all. Termite Watkins is his name and is well known in boxing world. He is in very bad shape and it hit him quickly.

It's a catch 22. Shut everything down and put the infected countries and the world on pause, and wait until the virus is starved out. But that could take months, even years. Return to a destroyed economy and a chaotic society. OR focus on keeping the economy going but people keep getting sick and dying as this thing multiplies in cases every day. And lose hundreds of thousands, possibly millions of lives down the road. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fgBla7RepXU

This is a great video to send people who don't understand how this thing can spread. Who still think everyone is overreacting. Good chance this thing will blow up some where in the next few months. Here in the USA, they keep tip toeing around what they should do. They keep shutting things down and asking people to stay home, but how many people are really listening to that? Many businesses will find a way to be deemed essential in order not to close. Grocery stores, liquor stores, some retail stores, delivery companies, security companies, and many others are staying open. They stay open, the virus inevitably spreads. The ones that close go out of business. Its a huge mess.

Misery and poverty also kills. Maybe more than the virus. Its all about math. Basically, we have to chose who dies.

Misery and poverty also kills. Maybe more than the virus. Its all about math. Basically, we have to chose who dies.

I feel sorry for the poorer underdeveloped nations, what possibly may happen, (and I hope and pray that it doesn't.) is potentially horrific, unfortunately even the most developed nations Health care systems are struggling desperately, so for these people in Africa and the subcontinent. It doesn't bare thinking about.

• Upvote 3

I feel sorry for the poorer underdeveloped nations, what possibly may happen, (and I hope and pray that it doesn't.) is potentially horrific, unfortunately even the most developed nations Health care systems are struggling desperately, so for these people in Africa and the subcontinent. It doesn't bare thinking about.

100%

I really hope the world learns to better cooperate going forward.

Right now people need to stay the fuck home that`s all. simple.

if we cannot follow that simple rule we are off to a bad start.

Yesterday we had 56bi dollars of investment fleeing the "emergent" economies. 7bi alone just Brazil. Russia, Mexico and Brazil were the most affected if Im not mistaken (liw price of commodities, local currency list around - 25% value, low oil price, high instability and uncertainty, etc)

Most investors are putting their actives on safer bets

Point is, these economies wpuld already strugle as it is now. This huge withdraw will take a LOT of lives. Just so you know, this is twice the loss from 2008-2009 crisis.

This is going to be a lost decade. For sure, at least a decade to recover.

just a tip people, forget anything you have read in this thread. If you want to understand go read up on the spanish flu and viruses historically. i.e. what the common flu did to indigenous populations when white man came as they had no natural immunity. There are no conspiracies here this is nature doing what nature does and what it will continue to do. Microbiologists have stated for ever that its not a matter of if but when in regards to species killer viruses hitting. Watch out when HIN can transfer from person to person instead of birds to person. HIN had a 60% mortality rate. When one of those high mortality viruses mutate (and that is what they do) you will have what they call a species killer

The good news though is that appears the US evangelicals have been ignoring the medical and public health advice, so with a bit of luck in a couple of months, there is about to be a major drop in the worst scammers on earth paychecks

Yeah, pretty much.

The mask... just seen some dude who worked in bioengineering and chemicals and all that, think he was head of CDC or some shit, and he said that the mask are a joke. Very minimal impact.

British prime minister Boris Johnson has just been moved to intensive care in hospital, regardless of your political point of views, I think he's done an admirable job since he has become Prime minister, his fiancee is heavily pregnant and expecting their first child soon. My thoughts and prayers go out to them all. And wish him a speedy recovery...

• Upvote 2

British prime minister Boris Johnson has just been moved to intensive care in hospital, regardless of your political point of views, I think he's done an admirable job since he has become Prime minister, his fiancee is heavily pregnant and expecting their first child soon. My thoughts and prayers go out to them all. And wish him a speedy recovery...

I would not say he has done an admirable job, at best average. He was also one of the more naive people regarding the risks involving the virus. Nevertheless, i wish him a speedy recovery and i hope his wife did not get the virus as well. With her state the child could be at risk.

It is usually 7-10 days assitend vent for those who need. Glad to know he is recovering.

Soon he is at the infirmary

They were able to take Termite off vent today for the first time for little while. He is finally improving from it and looks like he will pull through it now.

Damn, i see the numbers in the USA have sky rocketed, almost 1/3 of the world cases are there now and the deaths are rising fast. I think Trump (and all those saying that the economy is more important), totally miss calculated the risks of this virus. I think the "risks to the economy" will be far more severe than a 4-5 week lock down.

Frankly speaking, i am really pissed off with some of the world leaders, they acted so "politically" in an unpolitical situation. This is a pandemic scenario and these idiot's are playing around with 100s of thousands (and potentially millions) of people's lives. Although being locked home sucks and i know it is a financial burden, governments should have prioritized the lives of their citizens. Now a hear Trump is blaming China, are you joking me? China was the first to catch the damn virus! Instead of blaming his incompetence to react, he blames (this is being sarcastic) some China man for eating a bat. GTFO, sort your shit out and act in the best of your people.

By the way, i am not against Trump and nor do i have any political bias in the USA. If anything i think the guy has done very well for himself and some of the things he says actually make sense (even if he talks in an ultra primitive manner), just in this case i think he got things wrong.