Getting back your signing bonuses from FAs

MMATycoon

Managers who sign contracts are signing the contract with conditions that they fight the fights they have accepted to do signing the contract.

If a fighters signs a 3 fight deals then just pinches the sign on fee and doesnt fight any fights that is a breach of contract terms and the fighter and manager should be sueable for breach of contract like what would happen in real life contract situations.

Managers who accept contracts and then dont fullfill the contract are basically stealing and basically them fighters and managers are not helping to develope the game and should be penalized for it.

If you dont want your fighter to fight dont sign a contract simple as that.

Managers who do this dont have any scruples and are bad for the game as a whole.

• 2 weeks later...

Is there anything I can do if I have a fighter booked for a fight, and he got cut by his manager and retired. But the fight has not taken place yet, and I really dont want to take this hit on my first show, just hoping there is something that could be done.

If the fight has been accepted by both fighters and then one is released and shows as RET (Retired), if you click on his profile it will still show he's in the location of the fight, which means he will still fight the fight. It's when he's in the Bahamas that he's retired and not fighting.

I think I seen it at a far earlier post, but never came across something that really confirmed it: If a fighter resigns with your fight org and accept a new contract with a new signing bonus then releases that fighter, will you get that signing bonus back as long as he hasn't fought under the new contract?

• 2 months later...

I was curious: has the idea been brought up about a basing the refund amount on number of fights done...for example I sign a fighter to 4000 signing bonus for 4 fights;Now, if he doesn't fight and goes FA and then retires you can get all the bonus back. However, even if he fights 1 fight you get nothing back. Why not divide that up by the total number of fights for the contract. So, if you do 4K signing bonus for 4 fights and he does 1 fight goes FA and retires you get back $3K of the signing bonus. Basically the signing bonus is given in assumption the fighter finishes his contract, if he doesn't you shouldn't be penalized. This would help smaller orgs that have more need for money. A few thousand dollars can be a lot for smaller orgs. Just curious

• Upvote 2

Maybe up to a point. I think if they've faught twice on a 4 fight contract, that's a bit much to get a % back but if you've had one fight from a 4 fight contract I don't disagree.

My thing is this; if in real life sports you sign a contract for X amount signing bonus and for X amount of years with an X amount per year. If you retire before your actual contract is up, you actually have to pay back the % difference of the remaining contract. Similar happens to an organization that trades an athlete to another organization. If they decide to get rid of an athlete before their contract is done, they have to pay out a % of the remaining contract, even if the athlete is no longer participating or signs on with another organization. I'm not referring to an actual fight company, just sports (baseball, football, etc) in general. If I pay a fighter 10K to sign on and 5K base/5K win and he fights 2 fights 2 fights, there is a chance that I haven't actually made back the money I paid him from his 2 fights, if he retires after 2 fights it seems fair that a % from the remaining 2 fights be paid back.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I'm going to try and put something in place that gives you a signing bonus back if a fighter goes inactive or to Free Agency without fighting any fights on the current contract. This will be in place forever, not just for this amnesty.

Bottom line - don't release any free agents yet.

I hate to ask, has this been put into the game yet??? I literally had a guy release his fighter right after he agreed to the contract.

I really don't understand why managers are allowed to cut fighters who are under contract. We have implemented a system that allows managers to violate their contracts without penalty. If a manager wants to release a fighter, he should have to wait until his fighter becomes a free agent. Seems like a no-brainer to me.

• Upvote 2

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Just had some guy sign with my org and literally get released a couple of hours later. When I confronted the manager he basically told me to go f*** myself.

Tim Boom was the manager's name btw.

I just had Moses MIx (74927) drop from my org after sitting inactive the whole time and never once accepting a fight. Basically he signed, went inactive, and apparently came back and now has dropped from the org. Is there any way to recoup the signing bonus?

• 1 month later...

Forget the signing bonus. The fact that there is dead weight in the org for I don't know how many fights still left on contract is much more annoying.

Why not give control of the FA to the org until the contract runs out? No need to give complete control; training and new contracts and buying stuff would be off but at least have him accept whatever fight you offer him.

What is the point of a contract if there is no repercussions for violating it? If a fighter is released at any point when they still have any fights left, then the manager should have to refund the full signing bonus. They violated the contract and should be accountable. That is the point of a contract in a real life situation. If you don't want to give the money back then you need to finish the contract before you drop them.

My favourite thing about this game is how intuitive it is. If something makes sense and is realistic then it is probably a part of the game. I think this would add to that. Not just silence angry owners. I don't have my own org so I am not speaking for personal gain and I think a lot of people would agree.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I think is a good idea giving the org the possibility to manage a FA that haven't been picked. But it has to be done the right way because I bet some people will take advantage of it.

Unfortunately I don't think Mike will care for this stuff. At least right now.

I really wish this would hurry up and happen.

Iv got quite a few fighters whove gone inactive im holding on to. And when I ask fighters who they want to fight the process is extended by several back and forths of "well i can offer it but he hasnt logged in in 6 weeks and we signed him 7 ago so its a long shot"

• 9 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Well it just shouldn't be for FA that didn't fight at all. Even if a fighter has even 1 fight remaining then I demand that I get all of my signing bonus. I have so many dudes who are FAs after fighting just once.