Thoughts on Holloway vs Aldo 2?

Ikkitakeda

What does everyone think of this fight? Wish it was Holloway vs Edgar but still do want to see it. Holloway gets better with every fight. So I think he will look even better in this one. In the first one I think Aldo would have won if he would have been throwing leg kicks. He was throwing them in the first but then stopped. Second time around I think Holloway will just be too improved that even with the leg kicks he will be too much for Aldo. Although Holloway's biggest weapon is his movement, and Aldo hasn't really been throwing leg kicks much in the recent years. I think in the last 4 years he has thrown about 30 of them total. Which is a shame with as devastating as his are. Quite arguably his best weapon. My pick is Holloway. Even if something happens that has never happened and it looks like Holloway didn't improve with Aldo showing in recent years that he has basically shunned using his leg kicks I didn't see anything from the first time to make me believe the 2nd would go any different. Would have been nice to see Holloway finish Edgar.

I dont know how serious injury Edgar has but I would better want to wait for that fight than have instant rematch with Aldo at this point. Fight maybe will even be competitive and good I dont think Aldo will improve his game this time but eventually lose anyway but I just feel like he doesnt deserve the fight at this point.

You can never count out Aldo
but Max is the young lion here
I think he will win this match ... it's the better match-up for him

but if Max faced Frankie, I think Frankie would have outpointed him for a unanimous DEC

The first fight I thought Max would win, this time however, Max is now the champ so his hunger for the belt might start to fade now and he might also relax, because he already beat the guy. I also believe this is the first time Aldo took a fight on short notice, maybe his hunger and motivation is back? I have a strange feeling that Aldo might pull an upset.

I dont know how serious injury Edgar has but I would better want to wait for that fight than have instant rematch with Aldo at this point. Fight maybe will even be competitive and good I dont think Aldo will improve his game this time but eventually lose anyway but I just feel like he doesnt deserve the fight at this point.

Edgar's injury wasn't very serious. It was a pretty minor one. I agree though that he doesn't deserve it. If he had won against McGregor than you could make the argument because he would have been the champ and one for a very long time, but that wasn't the case.

You can never count out Aldo

but Max is the young lion here

I think he will win this match ... it's the better match-up for him

but if Max faced Frankie, I think Frankie would have outpointed him for a unanimous DEC

You are right you can't count out the long reigning king of 145 but due to the lack of leg kicks he was just out classed last time. Aldo has thrown away his weapon that got him there and kept him there. And as far as Frankie is concerned he would have finished Frankie but it would have been a nice action packed fight to watch.

The first fight I thought Max would win, this time however, Max is now the champ so his hunger for the belt might start to fade now and he might also relax, because he already beat the guy. I also believe this is the first time Aldo took a fight on short notice, maybe his hunger and motivation is back? I have a strange feeling that Aldo might pull an upset.

In no way will Max lose his hunger and train that way. You can tell if you have watched any of his interviews or training camp videos. He just isn't the type of guy to slack off and loves training and getting better. He comes off very general in what he says and his constant improvement every time out supports that it is earnest. I have a feeling that when he is done with the sport he will still be training. A guy like that doesn't lose hunger. Plus he knows he has to be a dominate champion just because of how popular McGregor is. Even though he doesn't say it he is a smart and aware guy and knows many people still see him as the champ at 145 even though he never defended the belt. He went out and put Aldo away with the first shot. Any fighter can be caught once. Since he never defended in my book he isn't the champ. Just like looking for money fights he isn't defending the 155lb belt either. If you look at McGregor before the UFC he won a belt and also never defended it. The rule you aren't a real champ unless you successfully defend a belt doesn't apply to McGregor in his mind nor apparent his tons of fans. So in short Holloway wants to get in there and do something that no-one has done before and that is not only beat Aldo once but twice.

In no way will Max lose his hunger and train that way. You can tell if you have watched any of his interviews or training camp videos. He just isn't the type of guy to slack off and loves training and getting better. He comes off very general in what he says and his constant improvement every time out supports that it is earnest. I have a feeling that when he is done with the sport he will still be training. A guy like that doesn't lose hunger. Plus he knows he has to be a dominate champion just because of how popular McGregor is. Even though he doesn't say it he is a smart and aware guy and knows many people still see him as the champ at 145 even though he never defended the belt. He went out and put Aldo away with the first shot. Any fighter can be caught once. Since he never defended in my book he isn't the champ. Just like looking for money fights he isn't defending the 155lb belt either. If you look at McGregor before the UFC he won a belt and also never defended it. The rule you aren't a real champ unless you successfully defend a belt doesn't apply to McGregor in his mind nor apparent his tons of fans. So in short Holloway wants to get in there and do something that no-one has done before and that is not only beat Aldo once but twice.

Hendricks also swore in his interviews before every fight that he will dominate, look what happened.

He didn't swear he would dominate. He knows he has too. Big difference. Also they are two different guys.

They are indeed diferrent, but knowing that you have to dominate is easy, actually dominating is hard. Max is fantastic and he is dominant so far, however, Aldo has dominated for years. Max was the better man that night, but who knows what will happen this time just look at Bisping vs Rockhold 2. Rockhold is three times better than Bisping in my opinion, but ultimately lost. Also, talking big on interviews and training hard is what they all do, not one champion said before a fight “yeah I think I’ll lose tonight” they all hype themselves up to get that confidence boost.