Muscle Bulk Increases KO Power During Fights?

Lefty

http://www.mmatycoon.com/fightcommentary.php?FTID=878999

So here is the fight I am talking about

Let me preface this by stating a fact: We all know that reduce energy loss supplement will help you out in fights by reducing the amount of energy your fighter expends during a fight, it's the best one to use when going into a fight.

Basically I usually set my fighters up with reduce energy loss supplement for their fights unless I forget to change it and so one of my fighters went into a QFC fight with Muscle Bulk Supplement on just the other day. I didn't realise until long after the fight, like just now actually.

He is a total dud of a fighter and I will cut him shortly I think because fighters like this have no real future in this game.

I am however intrigued by what happened in this fight and some correlations we may be able to make through what I know went on:

- My fighter is a total shit fighter, a dud if you will (has no good hiddens except for the base 30 points added to confidence, chin and ko power)

- He was on Muscle Bulk supplement at the time of the fight

- The fight was against a Granite Chin fighter

- My fighter was able to rock the Granite Chin (didn't finish him but still I was impressed)

- The Granite Chin fighter had not taken much head damage prior to this fight (according to my calculations he has taken a total of 56-57 strikes to the head so far and was rocked after about 50 head strikes)

- Yes, my fighter fought him twice BUT my fighter only gained one point of strength in between the fights (strength was at 6-- competent for the second fight)

All these facts lead me to believe that either:

a ) Muscle Bulk supplement increases KO power during a fight similar to how reduce energy loss supplement reduces energy expenditure

b ) My fighter is not total shit after all

c ) It was just good gameplanning/ bad gameplanning on each side

Now I am leaning towards c) but I kind of was thinking that a) is a legit possibility.

I would like to hear any sort of experiences/correlations/insights/facts into what I am talking about here (not neccessarily can crushing experiences... you know what I mean)

It was just because of the energy difference. You planned better for the fight, but supplements dont affect fight performance. Also your fighter has bad hiddens indeed.

Energy difference was not that great IMO (opponent was only at about 90% energy) but you are on the right track now that I think about it because also there is the morale from his 2 consecutive losses. He was at about 50 or 60% morale I think at the time of the fight. Both of those must be contributing factors that led to the rocking of the boat that was my opponents noggin.

I'll have to correct you there though, many people have already proven that reduce energy supplement makes a significant difference to energy loss during fights. Just take your fighter off reduce energy during a fight and see what difference it makes.

Energy difference was not that great IMO (opponent was only at about 90% energy) but you are on the right track now that I think about it because also there is the morale from his 2 consecutive losses. He was at about 50 or 60% morale I think at the time of the fight. Both of those must be contributing factors that led to the rocking of the boat that was my opponents noggin.

I'll have to correct you there though, many people have already proven that reduce energy supplement makes a significant difference to energy loss during fights. Just take your fighter off reduce energy during a fight and see what difference it makes.

When you rocked him your fighter was at about 50-60% energy while the opponent was at about 0-10% energy, too lazy to read the pbp and check if he got text indication for gassing out earlier.

You cant judge about supp effect on energy loss between two different fights since different opponents wont be sapping your energy the same way, slider settings have enormous say on energy consumption. Plus it is clearly stated in the info page that reduce energy/stamina/bulk supplements are to be used only for training.

Edit: forgot to mention that there is a serious amount of RNG as well.

I've never heard of that before tbh have you got a link to anything that people have said about it?

• Upvote 1

There's a ton of variables here.

Accuracy/Damage slider. Opponents accuracy/damage slider. Aggro/Counter slider. How many moves does your fighter make. How many times does your fighter get punched/kicked. etc.

I've never heard of that before tbh have you got a link to anything that people have said about it?

NO

I just like to say stuff.

So not even reduce energy loss has an effect on energy consumption in a fight? Is it really just a superstition?

I could swear there was a big difference in energy during fights I forgot to switch from weight loss/gainer to reduce energy loss than when I did...

• Downvote 1

NO

So not even reduce energy loss has an effect on energy consumption in a fight? Is it really just a superstition?

I could swear there was a big difference in energy during fights I forgot to switch from weight loss/gainer to reduce energy loss than when I did...

As I pointed out in above post, there's a ton of variables from both fighters to take into account; sliders settings, results, how long the fight last, etc.

even if it were true, it'd be hard to prove when you have to equate all those variables.

NO

No man.

Well only Mike would know for sure but I'm pretty sure supps have nothing to do with the fight unless you been doing carido / muscle leading up to the fight and get the % bonus for training that -- but during the fight they do nothing for you, but again only mike would know for sure

Well only Mike would know for sure but I'm pretty sure supps have nothing to do with the fight unless you been doing carido / muscle leading up to the fight and get the % bonus for training that -- but during the fight they do nothing for you, but again only mike would know for sure

Well many of us have seen skills go up after a fight, mostly cardio but I have also seen other skills go up after a fight too.

I always had the impression that reduce energy loss supplement reduced the energy output of your fighter in the fight but apparently I am wrong about that.

Well many of us have seen skills go up after a fight, mostly cardio but I have also seen other skills go up after a fight too.

I always had the impression that reduce energy loss supplement reduced the energy output of your fighter in the fight but apparently I am wrong about that.

Only time I've ever seen a skill go up is cardio, and that's after a decision or a 5 round fight.

Yeah I don't think any supplement helps in a fight. Also it's true cardio gains can be received from a fight so that if you're on the edge of popping before the fight you may see the pop. But I'm pretty sure that's only for cardio and not any other skill.

Same. Never seen anything but cardio pop.

I've had ground skill increase from a fight. But that must have been based off of the experience from the fight?

Impossible or bug.

Exp. doesn't increase skills effectively - you won't be seeing any changes on your assistant page based on exp. increase. Exp. just multiplies the active skills during a fight.

Base skills - your fighter's actual skills;

Active skills - your fighter's skills during a fight, used by the engine. For example, weight and height effects on physicals and striking/grappling skills, or bonus on skills from recent training before the fight, or skills reduced by low energy/morale.

Impossible or bug.

Exp. doesn't increase skills effectively - you won't be seeing any changes on your assistant page based on exp. increase. Exp. just multiplies the active skills during a fight.

Base skills - your fighter's actual skills;

Active skills - your fighter's skills during a fight, used by the engine. For example, weight and height effects on physicals and striking/grappling skills, or bonus on skills from recent training before the fight, or skills reduced by low energy/morale.

Then we have a bug... I was looking for where I popped in a fight and am sure it was str. I couldnt find it (I posted about it in alliance forums) but things do pop from time to time during a fight. To be honest I think they should, people learn from fighting not only from training. I think a skill pop more than a physical pop would be more realistic though.