• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#21 TPowell

TPowell

Purple Belt

• Manager
  • 464 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 03:05 PM

Lakers either gotta bench Lonzo or tell him DO NOT SHOOT. Has 0 confidence right now. This was the game. Lonzo vs my boy Simmons and he got destroyed.

Lonzo's shot mechanics need to be fixed. End of story. I get it, its hard to do but he was destined to plateau with that shot. He's a solid player but you have to have some form of jump shot in todays game unless you are a freak like LeBron in his prime. 

#22 shortfuse122829

shortfuse122829

Red Belt

• Manager
  • 2,867 posts

Posted 17 November 2017 - 03:46 PM

#TrustTheProcess

mrblack, on 13 November 2011 - 01:14 PM, said: i take the fights if i think i can win them and wont take them if i dont want to.

#23 Jacman

Jacman

Black Belt

• Manager
  • 1,370 posts

Posted 17 November 2017 - 04:12 PM

Celtic's beat the Warriors. This really makes it even sadder that Hayward got injured because Boston has looked pretty good. They wouldn't have won but having a year under their belts, maybe adding some rebounding for next season and they could have been title contenders next year.

Jacman_Sig.jpg

untitled-19mnryf.gifgiphy.gif

PFL 6 Champion

2017 Camp League Runner-up

#24 TPowell

TPowell

Purple Belt

• Manager
  • 464 posts

Posted 17 November 2017 - 05:13 PM

Celtic's beat the Warriors. This really makes it even sadder that Hayward got injured because Boston has looked pretty good. They wouldn't have won but having a year under their belts, maybe adding some rebounding for next season and they could have been title contenders next year.

Funny thing was everybody laughing at them for not chasing stars and offering/trading for guys like Cousins and Carmelo. They were very smart in how they built their team IMO. No headcases or drama and a lot of young talent. As a Louisville fan, I'm hoping Rozier keeps improving

#25 Jacman

Jacman

Black Belt

• Manager
  • 1,370 posts

Posted 18 November 2017 - 02:30 AM

Funny thing was everybody laughing at them for not chasing stars and offering/trading for guys like Cousins and Carmelo. They were very smart in how they built their team IMO. No headcases or drama and a lot of young talent. As a Louisville fan, I'm hoping Rozier keeps improving

Yeah chasing Carmelo or Boogie would have been dumb and would have been counter productive to the team's success, the only place those guys can go to and work imo is either Cavs because of Lebron or San Antonio because of Pop. People see the tremendous talent but they don't realize everything else that is coming with them. Signing Hayward was a great move and trading for Kyrie has turned out fantastic for them. It seems like every move Danny Ainge makes or every player he drafts is successful.

Jacman_Sig.jpg

PFL 6 Champion

#26 kenlow73

kenlow73

Red Belt

• Manager
  • 7,839 posts
  • Interests:Web Design, Video Editing, Music, Pro Wrestling, MMA, Bucs, Bulls, Boltz, Rays, Magic, Noles, Storm, and The UNLV Running Rebs.
  • Manager Profile

Posted 29 January 2018 - 11:45 PM

So, Griffin is a Piston now.

23844f55e258c7d5f0a812c3eb54b9ec.gif1490140446hxf_logo.png55c16b1bd76c7b2b605aa607029bf545.png

#27 Mentor

Mentor

Red Belt

• Developer
  • 5,200 posts
  • Interests:Games, MMA, Basketball
  • Manager Profile

Posted 01 February 2018 - 04:25 AM

So i heard, not sure that will really help them much though.

#28 Mentor

Mentor

Red Belt

• Developer
  • 5,200 posts
  • Manager Profile

Posted 09 February 2018 - 08:36 AM

I love the end of season trade the Lakers made. The offloaded Clarkson + Nance to the Cavs for Thomas, Frye and a their first round pick. For one, this gives us enough cap space in the summer for 2 max contracts, which is huge. It is unlikely we will get 2 all star caliber players and frankly speaking with Cousins out for 10-11 months with an ACL, Lebron unlikely to move over, the only other guy really worth going for is George, but i think he could end up staying in OKC if they do well in the playoffs. Either way, this still gives us extra options for 2019 when there will be a bigger free agent market. Worse case scenario, Thomas will start playing better, we could resign him to a one year max deal (which i doubt he will get elsewhere based on this years performance), so we will get a guy capable of getting 20+ per night on average (something we do not have now). Frye will give us some shooting this year at least and with the extra cash, we can pay Randle a big 1 year deal to keep him with us if we cannot get anyone good in FA.That means that next year our team will be better, we also have a 1st round draft pick (we do not have now) for 2018, so we will get one good talent added in the summer. 

The ideal scenario would be, we get George signed this year, resign Randle on a one year deal, resign Thomas on a one year max deal and use our pick to get more young depth. That will mean we have for 2018/19:

PG: Ball / Thomas / Caruso

SG: George / Hart 

SF: Ingram 

PF: Kuzma

C: Randle / Bryant / Zubac

We also have that rookie first rounder. I think a team like that is young and can be at least playoff contenders. 

For 2019 if we can land someone like Klay Thompson (i heard he wants to come to LA, he is from LA), then we can do it, in fact we probably have enough space to possible land 2 max or near max deals because we are allowed to resign Randle and go over the Luxury tax. 

#29 JLP

JLP

Red Belt

• Developer
  • 5,893 posts

Posted 10 February 2018 - 11:38 PM

I'm thinking LeBron and George are going to the Lakers next year.  Isiah Thomas probably wont be returning there and definitely wont be on an one year deal.  George and James have a good 2-3 years left, I think the Lakers would be contenders if they went there for the first couple years of the deal, but will fall short of the Warriors until the salary cap tears that team down. 

#30 CopingMechanism

CopingMechanism

White Belt

• Manager
  • 26 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 01:29 AM

Happy my Raptors held firm at the deadline, best bench in the NBA has them looking good down the stretch

#31 Mentor

Mentor

Red Belt

• Developer
  • 5,200 posts
  • Manager Profile

Posted 13 February 2018 - 08:29 AM

I'm thinking LeBron and George are going to the Lakers next year.  Isiah Thomas probably wont be returning there and definitely wont be on an one year deal.  George and James have a good 2-3 years left, I think the Lakers would be contenders if they went there for the first couple years of the deal, but will fall short of the Warriors until the salary cap tears that team down. 

A lot of people have been betting on Lebron and George going to LA, but i doubt that will happen. For one, is that realistically the best option for Lebron? I mean he can move to any team in the East and will be virtually a lock for the East finals. In fact, i would say something like the Bucks or 76ers would give him the biggest chance of beating the Warriors. A team with Parker, Giannis, Bledsoe, Brandon and Lebron should be able to go at them, they will need to add some shooters on the perimeter though because they will have too many paint cloggers. I think it could do Giannis some good playing with Lebron for a couple of years. 

If he goes to the Lakers with George, he will be lucky to make it to the West finals, lets alone get past the Warriors. The Lakers young kids are not bad, but nowhere near the potential those other 2 teams have. 

#32 Jacman

Jacman

Black Belt

• Manager
  • 1,370 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 06:38 PM

A lot of people have been betting on Lebron and George going to LA, but i doubt that will happen. For one, is that realistically the best option for Lebron? I mean he can move to any team in the East and will be virtually a lock for the East finals. In fact, i would say something like the Bucks or 76ers would give him the biggest chance of beating the Warriors. A team with Parker, Giannis, Bledsoe, Brandon and Lebron should be able to go at them, they will need to add some shooters on the perimeter though because they will have too many paint cloggers. I think it could do Giannis some good playing with Lebron for a couple of years. 

If he goes to the Lakers with George, he will be lucky to make it to the West finals, lets alone get past the Warriors. The Lakers young kids are not bad, but nowhere near the potential those other 2 teams have. 

LeBron to the lakers rumors have to be the most annoying rumors all year. Simply because theres no basis for the rumors. To me theres no way he goes there unless he has given up on trying to win titles. Like you said the road just to the west finals would be tough.

Jacman_Sig.jpg

PFL 6 Champion

#33 JLP

JLP

Red Belt

• Developer
  • 5,893 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 12:03 AM

LeBron to the lakers rumors have to be the most annoying rumors all year. Simply because theres no basis for the rumors. To me theres no way he goes there unless he has given up on trying to win titles. Like you said the road just to the west finals would be tough.

There's no basis for any rumor about where he goes other then speculation based on who has cap space, no reason to get annoyed by it.  Lakers offer a max salary, increased sponsor money and a decent core. The Western teams that are very good now are going to get broken up by the cap in the next couple of years.

If he leaves Cleveland, it's easily the most likely landing spot.

#34 CopingMechanism

CopingMechanism

White Belt

• Manager
  • 26 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 01:15 AM

Another huge selling point is he doesnt have to be in Cleveland for more than a few days a year lol. All sun and earthquakes in LA

#35 Mentor

Mentor

Red Belt

• Developer
  • 5,200 posts
  • Manager Profile

Posted 14 February 2018 - 04:52 AM

I would not say there is no basis to those rumors, but yeah, they are annoying even for me as a Lakers fan.

#36 shortfuse122829

shortfuse122829

Red Belt

• Manager
  • 2,867 posts

Posted 15 February 2018 - 04:37 PM

The basis for those rumors is bc he owns a house there and has made comments on IG or Twitter about that being home. Also some of his crew has already started to move out west to LA which they also did this when he left Miami for Cleveland his crew was packing up and leaving before he decided to make that move. So people are just reading the same signs from the last time he left a place. Also he has post basketball plans that are going to take place out in LA. 

Now im still not sure how that team can attract him because I just don’t think they’re that good. In my opinion he stays in Cleveland or pulls a CP3 and opts in and forced a trade to the Rockets. I think that would be his first choice playing with his best friend in the league and The Godfather to one of his kids in chris Paul. Or he goes to the 76ers. Ben is part of his agency and trains with him in the off-season. Embiid is a flat out stud. Covington is one of the better 3 and D role players in the league. Saric is a solid rotational piece similar to a Larry nance. They’d keep JJ and have about 40 mil in cap space

mrblack, on 13 November 2011 - 01:14 PM, said: i take the fights if i think i can win them and wont take them if i dont want to.

#37 Jacman

Jacman

Black Belt

• Manager
  • 1,370 posts

Posted 15 February 2018 - 08:07 PM

There's no basis for any rumor about where he goes other then speculation based on who has cap space, no reason to get annoyed by it.  Lakers offer a max salary, increased sponsor money and a decent core. The Western teams that are very good now are going to get broken up by the cap in the next couple of years.

If he leaves Cleveland, it's easily the most likely landing spot.

But those reasons don't really matter if they can't win for the last years of his prime. I don't see him going to a team regardless of money, sponsors, where his partners are, etc. if he has no chance of winning. The lakers have a decent core but it will be a while before they develop to real title contenders, if they ever develop to title contenders. If he leave its more likely he goes to Houston where even if they have no bench they still have a better chance than lebron in LA. Plus if you want to talk money there's no income tax in Texas where Cali has some of the highest in the country. 

His most likely options imo are

1. Cleveland (if they can compete with GSW I don't see him leaving)

2. Rockets/Spurs 

3. 76ers (unlike Lakers they have a real championship core despite the injuries)

and honestly I give the Lakers no real chance to land him. Before the Porzingis injury the Knicks had a better shot than L.A did.

Jacman_Sig.jpg

PFL 6 Champion

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users