Diego "The Nightmare" Sanchez vs Isaac "The Shermanator" Marquez

Trump2020

Yeah like you saying he's a circus freak, that's not rude at all dude..

Dude I said its a freak show and did explain why. Not because he has down syndrom but because there are two fighters who are not on the same level thats like I saw a wrestling match with a guy who was steel solid could not move a thing. Then other kid walks in falls over and they declare him a loser and I have to say I was shocked why the fuck something like that should be happening? I dont get it.

I don't think you should teach mentally disabled people how to fight or hurt people...

take it how you want to though.

Well just been in gym and having some sort of discipline and just basically having fun there is fine but doing fights for people like that is not ok in my book as well. How ever seems like everyone disagree with us.

My youngest son has Down Syndrome and is 7. I am very active with the Down Syndrome Guild of Kansas City. I have lots of friends that have kids with Down Syndrome. So I think I have a little bit of experience on the subject.

Down Syndrome is a genetic disorder that is caused when the 21st chromosome splits into 3. Yes it causes lots of health and learning issues. So there is no cure for it, yes they can do therapy to help some of the physical problems, yes they can do different things to help them with their learning. But the bottom line is just because they have these issues the are still people just like any of the rest of us. They have hopes, they have dreams, they set goals, they go to school, some even go to college, some get married, some live on their own. No different from any of the rest of us.

They have their own personality, people say they are always happy. That is not true they get upset, they get mad, they cry, they laugh, they love more than any other human I have ever seen. If this young man dreamed of fighting MMA, I am sure he could not get most people to fight him. If the story is true that Diego developed a friendship with him and agreed to fight him so he could live out that dream to me that is an awesome thing he did. It is not feeling sorry for him, it is no different than if Diego had a kid come in and want to spar, they tell us that people with Down Syndrome mentally are about half of their age, so to make it easy say this man was 25, that would put him at 12.5. Would anyone think a thing about Diego letting a 12 year old kid challenge him and then letting him win? It is really no different. Would that kid grow up and become a fighter, maybe but maybe not. It is really no different with this young man. He dreamed of fighting, got to meet Diego, got a chance to fight him and live out that dream. I have always liked Diego as a fighter, now I would love to meet him and shake his hand. The world needs more people who are willing to look past our differences and be a decent human being and help someone with a once in a lifetime event.

As for training him to fight and hurt someone, they learn right from wrong the same as the rest of us, probably better based of the actions I have seen from people without Down Syndrome. Letting him learn MMA is no different than letting him play basketball. Name me one criminal you have heard of that had Down Syndrome, I have never heard of any of them being arrested for assault, stealing, murder, rape, anything. Not saying you probably couldn't google it and find something just saying it is a lot more common for typical people.

• Upvote 5

Joe you know me and we have always been friendly and as far as I remember never had any problems. I have you on my facebook and have seen and know about your son because we have talked here and there on messager and you have explained me the situation and your a good man for keeping up the work but I would want to question you on this subject and dont get mad at me I am all love for you and your son this is just about society and how we think world and people should interact.

Like I said before for me I have to say I am not upset about Diego or that kib but events like this doesnt show bad example for overall experience of people who have these syndromes or any other illness that cant or can be cured? Why is there a think that people look up to fighters or any other idols rather than their family members or anyone who is really close to them? Arent because of things like that we or they teached that you need something else something different to be happy rather than having that thing right beside you?

Why we should put these people in these situations for one they feel good and they have completed their dream but what after that? The guy now will be on down side probably for all of his like just because of wrong life principles? Because looking now it seems that people glory and want to do stuff that they should not worry about and in a lot of cases put them in danger because of that. We need to tell these people that we are all equal and we dont need to do stuff like that to have a better life or to improve it and like you said of course I would be against Diego having a fight with a 12 year old because I dont see why would he do it whats the point of it? This is sport of MMA all I want to see is two top or equal at least fight and show their skills I dont want to see some weird stuff going on there in the name of helping others or something. People need to stick and do for what they are and who they are we dont need to live behind masks and do what we are not all about. Everyone has their journey and you have to follow to that you dont need to go sideways just because you think that society wants to believe its better or worse for you.

You didn't offend me any. I know we have talked before. I was just trying to explain to you my point of view on it.

With the language difference I had a hard time following this last post so I cant really reply to it all. But I think you are complaining that he fought a guy with Down Syndrome as a way of setting him up for future failure because he will think he beat Diego and will think he has a chance to fight again. I would hope that his parents or whoever helps him would use this as a way to point him at a different goal. My son works so hard in school, he has a lot of health issues besides the Down Syndrome. We adopted him when he was 5 weeks old. He was born drug addicted and that has cause more problems than anything to do with Downs. He was born to my brother and his girlfriend, they are both hard core drug addicts and have been in and out of prison a lot. We took him to make sure he was cared for. It is my job as a parent to make sure he does the best he can at whatever he does. Once he meets a goal we focus him on something new, and use that to motivate him to meet the new goal. Every day I tell him he is so smart for something he has done at school. And every day he does something new to come home and brag about. I tell him he is so smart again and guess what, the next day he comes home with something he is proud of.

It is no different with this young man, he fought MMA and won, against Diego Sanchez. If that were my son I would tell him how proud I am of him and tell him see you can do anything if you work at it. Then I would try and get him focused on his next goal, maybe it is learning a new skill, or getting a job, or driving, or living on his own, or a girlfriend. Who knows what that boost in his confidence can lead to. But with the right support system and a little bit of love, guidance, and teaching people with Down Syndrome can do great things, even if to them a great thing is a lot simpler than a great thing is to us. All I am saying is look at this for what it was, a once in a life time dream of a young man, that could lead to the next life changing event, that could lead to the next. All from one man taking the time to help another special young man live out a dream.

You are looking at it the wrong way, stop putting logic into it and start putting your heart in it. See the impact on this young mans life and the next dream it could lead to.

• Upvote 3

Well yes I know about your son you have told me all that on FB I just didnt want to shere it here but thats fine I understand your situation and what ever you are doing is great.

Well the short text of my post would be that these sort of things put bad values in people where actually they should be happy or worry and have dreams about much more different stuff that having a fight with Diego and its not his fault of course it society who he looks up to and who glorifies others for no reason what so ever and sadly enough we accept that behaviour. I just dont think its fine to put people on the spot from both ends even if they think they want it and it will help them. There should be some one with critical thinking saying that its not what they guy really needs and he should be more focused on other stuff.

Well and there I think the point actually comes down to what you said in last sentence. I think people should put more logic than heart in this situations. We all understand its nothing good and we are sad about of anyone who have these sort of things but even knowing that we should think as much straight as possible we can. Its our life we all just nothing compare to where we are at this point in our lives and we have to accept it and live with it even how sad or depressing it sounds.

I don't see it as him looking up to Diego, I see it as a young man that wants to be a fighter, same as Diego did when he started. Now this young man has done it and should use it to focus him on his next goal.

Just like everyone else, life is one day at a time. We do the best we can, learn from our mistakes and move forward. Or we stay in the same place, never take the risk, never work toward a goal and never meet our potential.

But sorry I dont want to be rude but what risks are he taking there? He just had a show where he was put in sort of circus type action. I just see as people looking at him like a some sort of freak show fight. We all know he cant be a decent fighter and he knows it himself but he is put on spot as one and that might change his thinking in bad way at the end of the day.

All I am saying I think you need to stay who you are and what you are even if you are not in the best situation in your life. We all understand its not his journey and MMA is not his thing its all just for a show. For him he should better put that time in any other stuff where he can really be good at and produce something really quality like you did mentione above.

You don't understand, it was a put on fight to you, to me, to Diego, to everyone that watched it. But to that young man it was real, it was no joke, he gave it everything he had and he won. He will always carry that pride with him from that win, no matter how real the fight was to anyone else. He knows he tried his best, and he won that fight.

So maybe he is trying to learn to read now, maybe he will remember how hard he worked to beat Diego, and will think I beat him, I can learn to read, and slowly he will learn it. It could be anything, be he will know that as long as he tries he can get that goal.

If you accept your current situation and never set a goal to improve it or yourself then your situation will never change. That doesn't matter if you have a disability or not. Never settle for where you are, work toward what you want. I am sorry it seems that you didn't have someone in your life to teach you that. But that is why I am here to teach my kids that.

• Upvote 1

You dont think he understands it all was just a show? Just a fake fight? That there is no way he can actually win Diego and he was giving the win just because he has down syndrome? What price would I get if they put me in ring with Mike Tyson and for no reason he just would fall over and did pretend to be knocked out? I would just be embarrassed to be in that ring and to apart of anything that is happening there. I would love to meet Mike up and maybe do something with him in gym but I would never want to have a fake fight with him because that is just delusional.

I understand him training in gym where can he can meet up new people and build up experience but lets be fair not experience in MMA what ever he is doing in that gym or even was doing in that fight was nothing to do with MMA its just a big show. For him training in that gym I get it he gets a lot of new friends and its a very good way to spend his time in a positive way where he is put in the same shoes as everyone else but why to make a mockery out of him and do a fake fight in this weird way is a mystery for me.

Look at his face after that fight. It was real to him. I am sure he really thinks he beat Diego. I play Santa for the Down Syndrome Guild Christmas parties. I have had kids with Down Syndrome in there 20's come up to me and fully believe I am Santa. All that matters is that it is real to them. My son sees me dress up, he knows I am Santa. When he sees the other kids setting on my lap, he loves it that they think his dad is cool and brags that his dad is Santa.

You need to keep in mind they are special, they believe with all their hearts. They might learn slower or have health issues, but I really think God allows Down Syndrome to show the rest of us how we should act. They are what is best of humans. My son is special because he has that little bit extra that the rest of us don't have.

He has done more for me than I ever have for him. He has made me a better man, and he brings out the best in others. You need to stop over thinking it and just watch it again, see his reaction, that young man is proud. This is an amazing thing for him. No telling what this will inspire him to do next.

• Upvote 1

I agree with humors. Humors mom once told him he could be succesfull in life. We can't have the mentally impaired have such delusions

Its not about me and there is no reason to be rude. The think is the poor guy should be told he should not care about Diego or anything he has nothing to do with and he should keep his motivation on himself his family and friends and these should be the things he should worry about. This is so sad when people who are sick or dying only wish to keep up these super stars where they in reality should do a lot more different and that mainly is not their fault but the societys who accepts it and thinks its normal and thats how world should be running.

But, Diego is his friend. Why do you think they aren't friends? It's obvious that Diego cares about him, so what's the issue? Because Diego is somewhat famous he can't be friends with someone like Isaac? I don't understand your logic, Unibjorn.

Well they are friends with Diego but they are friends in gym whats the point of all this circuit what was going on there? They can fight in gym all they want as we allready know they are buddies and can do it there why to make a show out of it? I dont get it.

Its not about me and there is no reason to be rude. The think is the poor guy should be told he should not care about Diego or anything he has nothing to do with and he should keep his motivation on himself his family and friends and these should be the things he should worry about. This is so sad when people who are sick or dying only wish to keep up these super stars where they in reality should do a lot more different and that mainly is not their fault but the societys who accepts it and thinks its normal and thats how world should be running.

Humors mom also told him once that he would be able to speak comprehensible English. All those broken dreams...

• Upvote 1