EFFA Presents: The Featherweight (145) Junior Grand Master of KT Tournament

JoeLang

Hey guys, please bear in mind this is my first time hosting a tournament, so while i think i have given as much info as possible, if i have forgotten anything i may add/delete things as needed. Cheers!

-Joe Lang

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/14046526106802.jpg

James "Sully" McGuiness (237725)

Hello everyone! I'm James "Sully" McGuiness, owner of Sully's Bar & Grill, part time MMA fighter and recently a KT vet! And as a KT vet, I am proud to announce:

The EFFA Featherweight Junior Grand Master of KT Tournament!

What is this tournament? Well, KT is a dying breed and we have been working behind the scenes to hopefully rebuild the KT division and add some depth. As our older KT fighters retire and fade away, we need to rebuild with a new generation. And what better way to do it than to hold a tournament!

We hope to encourage young fighters to sign up to KT and hopefully we can build a division around them.

I am happy to announce that we have had lots of interest in this, so hopefully we can get this tournament going.

Rules of the tournament:

• Fighters must be 18 years old (creation date Sunday 9th August, 2015! DO NOT create a fighter before this!!)
  • Fights will take place in EFFA so you must make it to Amsterdam for your fights!
  • Starting contracts will be 5 fights at $4000/$3000/$3000
  • Fights will be 5x3 minute rounds (The Final will be 5x5min rounds)
  • Fights will be 10 point must system
  • Fighters will have 4 weeks to train after creation date. First round is Sunday 6th September 2015, then it is 3 weeks between fights
  • Fighters MUST make the 145 limit on fight day
  • Testing of fighters IS allowed. However, being a KT tournament you run the risk of drawing a grappler in a Quick Fight and losing by sub. If you choose to sack your guy you can still replace him up until the start of the tournament, but note you will be at a disadvantage because your guy will be created later.
  • Knockout Tournament, so once you lose you are out of the tourney *
  • In the event of a draw, a panel will be chosen to choose a winner (with the loser getting a rematch down the line)
  • Fights MUST be accepted. This is a tournament! No reason to decline a fight in a tournament. Declining a fight will result in forfeit, resulting with an alternate replacing you.
  • While not compulsory, smack talk is encouraged! But remember this is meant to be FUN so talk smack, be arrogant. But keep it IN CHARACTER and don't make/take it personal.
  • Also not compulsory, but visit MMA Hype for the official tournament gear! All proceeds go to the prize pool! Get in there!!!!
  • Draw will be random, will ask someone to make the draw
  • (That's all i can think of at the moment but will add more if i feel the need to)

* Now while this is an elimination tournament, I encourage you all to stick around even if you lose in the first round. Who knows? With the right training you might be able to bounce back to avenge your loss! The aim of this tournament is to build a division! Who knows, with inactives you may even get a recall!!

PRIZES!

What we are all waiting for. Now compared to other tournaments, this isn't a big prize pool. But I have had a lot of people offering donations as prizes. So keep your eyes peeled here as there is sure to be more added as the tournament grows.

1st Prize: 3 months VIP (Or free fighter slot) + $500k ($500k Thanks to Mr J)

2nd Prize: $250k (Thanks to Rocket Sausage)

3rd Prize: $100k

$50k for KO of the Tourney and $50k each to Fight of the Tourney (Thanks to Bjorn)

$50k to the fastest Head Kick (T)KO (Thanks to Goon)

$100k Fight Comeback of the Season (Judged and kindly donated by wolf)

Plus keep your eyes open for other prizes that will pop up from now until the start of the competition! I am excited!!

Edited by jhinh
  • Upvote 8

OK guys, looks like the votes have been tallied so creation date is set for Sunday 9th August 2015!!

I have opened up some "Alternate" slots so hopefully we can have some replacements if someone should drop out or go MIA.

Oh, and make your fighter known in EFFA's smack talk thread!!!

Signups:

1. Joe Lang - Michael Murdock (Signed)
  2. Bjorn O'Donnel - Rico Kehl (Signed)
  3. Rocket Sausage - George Saint (Signed)
  4. Wolf - Julio DeMarquez (signed)
  5. Razor MuayThai - Gregory Hooton (Signed)
  6. Beck/John Hetfield - André Van Steyne (Signed)
  7. shiftas - Ben Ruggiero (Signed)
  8. Delta- Nikolay Woloch (Signed)
  9. Rain - Panat Khanomtom (Signed)
  10. FueL4 Hatered (METAL666nz) - Dean The Decimator (Signed)
  11. Purpose - Daniel McGinnis (Signed)
  12. GBK16 - Ryan Brophy (signed)
  13. Goon - Brayln Guy (signed)
  14. philofthefuture - Gustavo Aldo (Signed)
  15. Mark O'Sullivan - Ali Ozturk (signed)
  16. Mr J - Alexander Griezmann (Signed)
  17. War Pig - Alexander Korf (Signed)
  18. Samuel - Gerardo Pacheco (signed)
  19. Bradley Burns/stpierrecanada - Jericho Burns (Signed)
  20. Kilco - Liam Tylor (Signed)
  21. Cus - Geoff Toovey (signed)
  22. Skull -Black Jesus (signed)
  23. Shards - Ike Brown (Signed)
  24. DavyJones - Scott Barretto (Signed)
  25. boomstick - Nai Khanom Tom (Signed)
  26. Deuce7 - Rico Ramon (Signed)
  27. BonesJones - Nkosinathi Ximba (signed)
  28. Stu Mack/Skipper - Damien Conner (Signed)
  29. Rogelio Cottonfloss (arayburno) - Bruno Nasser (Signed)
  30. Vinnie Rodgers (darksoul) - Tony Smith (Signed)
  31. MBennet - Oberyn Martell (Signed)
  32. Scooby Ali - Supaishi Kamikaze (Signed)

Tournament Bracket:

http://i.imgur.com/3ST0gAm.png?1

Edited by jhinh
  • Upvote 1

If we have 32 I'm in.

I will donate a few avatars I bought to the winner and runner up for another small prize added.. I'm sure WarPig would help me out if I threw him some cash too for some avs.

Give the winner some options possibly, and give them 2 and the 2nd place and 3rd place get an avatar too? Just a thought.

• Upvote 2

If we have 32 I'm in.

I will donate a few avatars I bought to the winner and runner up for another small prize added.. I'm sure WarPig would help me out if I threw him some cash too for some avs.

Give the winner some options possibly, and give them 2 and the 2nd place and 3rd place get an avatar too? Just a thought.

Mate i added you to the list

I'm open to adding avatars to the prize pool if i can get someone to make them.

• Upvote 1

Joe put me down as an alternate.

Also if people wanna test there fighter KT against KT, i could set up fights in the org on a card or make an extra small event if there is enough interest, so you guys can test your fighter only in KT. Like pre tournament fights against each other.

• Upvote 2

Mike really needs to add a couple more flavour texts to KO's, that would liven up KT a bit as well... Like KO (Spinning Heel Kick) or KO (Tornado Kick) or KO (Axe Kick), Hook Kick, Somersault Kick, Wheel Kick, Scissor Kick, Spinning Back Elbow (from clinch)...

It's just flavour text, it wouldn't take long to implement I guess... But it would add a lot to the fun of KT for smack talking and so on, becauae now KT finishes are so similar and boring.. :|

• Upvote 1