Predicting opponents tactics success

TPowell

I've always been confused EXACTLY how effective it is. If my guy is a 10 in wrestling and a 12 in TDD for example and I go up against a 12-13 in wrestling and 15 in TD and I predict 100% try takedowns (and adapt to fight checked to be fair), how effective will I be at preventing TD's? Trying to determine the feasibility of a Demian Maia type build in this game now.

Hmmm I always use it. I make sure I always adapt to the fight just in case but I definitely wasn't aware most didn't use it.

I stopped using it some months ago and i think I am getting better results. I feel like if u get the predictions wrong, it hurts your chances more than it helps, when u get them right. Anyway, if u dont set anything, the game takes the average stats of your opponent's last 20 fights and sets the predictions.

• Upvote 1

IMO it might help if your opponent is one dimensional or if he has only one dimensional that can work against you. but it certainly doesn't do any miracles I have set it "100% Try Takedowns" with 12 TDD and got taken down on the first move of the fight. that was pretty funny.

That is ridiculous to me. What were the primaries of the 2 fighters?

That is ridiculous to me. What were the primaries of the 2 fighters?

I won't remember exactly where my own guy was at with his wrestling primary but he had ~5/6 and the opponent has 9 now and popped "Good takedowns" in the fight. it was on The Island this season, probably a 9 to 6 primary advantage. I don't even think it's that crazy it was more funny than anything.

I won't remember exactly where my own guy was at with his wrestling primary but he had ~5/6 and the opponent has 9 now and popped "Good takedowns" in the fight. it was on The Island this season, probably a 9 to 6 primary advantage. I don't even think it's that crazy it was more funny than anything.

He had 9 and you had 6? Cause that's not exactly ilogical

So if you don't tick the "adapt to fight" box it will automatically set the predictions?

No, if u don't set any predictions(there is a message "no prediction set") the game sets it based on last 20 fights of your opponent.

Adapt to fight just allows your fighter to change predictions based on SHIG %, IQ and exp. If you tick it, you are basically setting a prediction. Also if u set a prediction for an opponent, there is no way to revert it to no prediction.

This is explained pretty well in the game wiki:

http://www.mmatycoon.info/index.php?title=Fight_tactics#Predict_Opponent_Tactics

I stopped using it some months ago and i think I am getting better results. I feel like if u get the predictions wrong, it hurts your chances more than it helps, when u get them right. Anyway, if u dont set anything, the game takes the average stats of your opponent's last 20 fights and sets the predictions.

A few things:

1) using the prediction tool against someone and guessing wrong hurts your chances indeed.

2) if an opponent is very predictable, it is actually rather interesting and works decent. I had multiple fights where correct predictions seemed to make my opponent less effective.

3) the higher level the fight is, the less likely prediction sliders are effective. This goes hand in hand with my second point. Top managers know that it is important to change gameplans and are on average far less predictable. There are a few elite managers who still use high aggro, high acc for nearly all their fights, as it is a hard to beat tactic when their hiddens are top. Against such guys, using the prediction tool and having some balsy sliders yourself can do wonders.

My opinion : only use them when your opponent is way too predictable.

It's much more effective for defensive purposes.

I've wondered about this a little bit - for example, if you have a fighter who has a huge advantage standing up but a huge disadvantage on the ground and all you're really concerned about in takedowns. If you think your opponent will go for takedowns, say, 20% of the time, are you better off guessing 20% of the time, or guessing 100% of the time since it's the only "bonus" you're concerned about getting at all?

I've wondered about this a little bit - for example, if you have a fighter who has a huge advantage standing up but a huge disadvantage on the ground and all you're really concerned about in takedowns. If you think your opponent will go for takedowns, say, 20% of the time, are you better off guessing 20% of the time, or guessing 100% of the time since it's the only "bonus" you're concerned about getting at all?

100%, at least in my experience.

100%, at least in my experience.

Didnt worked well for me, got taken down in the first attempt, the first seconds of the fight, both 25yo island creations so i had 12TD def and he probably had 12TD off, my speed and strength was more than ok for a 25yo creation, my balance lacked a bit tho (around 70 something) but still....

It is most effective if you are not using it.

+1

I wonder why Mike designed the game like this (the whole predicting last 20 fights by not touching pred. opp.sliders). I'm sure he was catering to casual managers/ or managers with limited time that bough VIP and don't have time to analyse fights. It can be very time consuming w 10+ fighters.