Fighter died in the cage

PBR

Well friend of mine's son is MMA fighter Charlie Ontiveros last night he had a fight and actually killed the guy in the ring but luckily they were able to revive the guy and bring him back to life -- Charlie had landed some vicious body kicks on the guy and land a real hard one cleanly under his left arm next to heart -- the fighter took like two steps back and feel out into cardiac arrest and actually died in the ring after preforming cpr and hitting him with the paddles couple times they brought him back -- really wild and Charlie lost it in the ring seeing what had happened and what was going on -- Wish CJ Hancock a speedy recovery

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2742492-mma-fighter-says-he-died-in-cage-was-revived-by-paramedics?utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=programming-national

will link video once they get it uploaded -- just crazy

I hope Hancock recovers 100% and then moves on from MMA. I also hope Ontiveros can get over the mental trauma of doing that to an opponent.

he is still having a hard time dealing with it -- it was horrible scene and can only imagine the thoughts running through his head thinking he just killed this guy -- and still running through his head knowing the damage done and ending this guys dream and fighting career -- Charlie is pretty spiritual guy i also just hope over time it passes and he doesnt feel like he does now and continues to fight but i'm not sure the timing of the whole deal is bad cause he is fixing to have a baby in couple months and now the thought of more to life than fighting is deep in his head

I wish both fighters well. Most fighters that end up killing their opponent in competition retire from fighting for good. You really have to be prepared for this on either end of it, after all you sign a death waiver anyways. It really is kill or be killed but what really concerns me is the extreme weight cutting some fighters do which makes this kind of thing way more likely. Even Dada 5000 had a heart attack and kidney failure in the cage and that was mostly from exerting so much energy (I doubt it was from any shots he took in that fight). If fighters could just be fighting in that one division up instead of killing themselves cutting so much weight then they'd be in a much better place with their energy and body.

yea its majorly from the weight cut he had been fighting at 185 and this was first try at 170 i think -- and im sure the body kicks had a lot to do with it they were major and could see they hurt him bad but that last one just took everyone's breath away when he feel like he did -- big props to medical staff though cause he could of easily been dead for good -- he is still in hospital i heard and will be there for at least 36 to 48hrs they say just because after being brought back to life through cpr and ekg its a requirement but he is up, walking around and eating they say

yea its majorly from the weight cut he had been fighting at 185 and this was first try at 170 i think -- and im sure the body kicks had a lot to do with it they were major and could see they hurt him bad but that last one just took everyone's breath away when he feel like he did -- big props to medical staff though cause he could of easily been dead for good -- he is still in hospital i heard and will be there for at least 36 to 48hrs they say just because after being brought back to life through cpr and ekg its a requirement but he is up, walking around and eating they say

I'm glad and I find it remarkable that he is in good shape after literally dying. It's a good thing it wasn't one of those brain trauma situations because with that you can't really bring those guys back to life so easily. It requires brain surgery sometimes and they end up dying a few days later. Also good refereeing helps but in a low level org they aren't always hiring the sharpest refs.

I wish . Even Dada 5000 had a heart attack and kidney failure in the cage and that was mostly from exerting so much energy (I doubt it was from any shots he took in that fight). If fighters could just be fighting in that one division up instead of killing themselves cutting so much weight then they'd be in a much better place with their energy and body.

I think he had to cut weight for the fight wast he walking around at 320 and had to get down to 265 .Also it was a disgrace either one of then were allowed to fight .U should be able to pass a basic stress test to fight .

Also wondering when something going to be done about these weight cuts .A few pounds is okay but when you over do it u puts your vital organs under serve stress