BEEF Montreal Smack Talk Thread

Scooby

http://mmatycoon.com/gallery/16/16b18.jpg

Sterling 'The Highlander' Slater:

Well, that was piss easy. Loveladdy is a fukin can aye! I, the new heavyweight champ, will be back later to let you all know how awesome I am and how shit Loveladdy is in more depth.

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/14/14b7.jpg

Big Bob:

Oh one of Rory Daly's fighters is the champ, really. Hmm maybe I need to crash the party.

http://mmatycoon.com/gallery/16/16b18.jpg

Slater:

You could always try but I party hard bro. If you dare enter my turf, I'll make you look like a fish outta water, wee man.

Oh and guys get this, Org owner Scooby Jr asked if I want a rematch with poor little Osiris Loveladdy. HAHAHA! Really!? I took him down quicker than I did his wifes panties and hit him with 4 half hearted punches - This guy should be fighting in the fuckin playground, not a cage. Anyway Mr Scooby, to answer your rather laughable question, yes if you want me to have a free win then I will take the fight but as a true champ I would advise you not to do such a thing. To be honest I dunno why a manager who was (somehow) ranked no.2 would keep a man like Osiris in his roster; the lad took 4 punches and he looks like scarface, anyone would think he was fighting wolverine!

EVERYONES SCARED OF THIS GUY!

WHO WANTS SOME???

http://www.mmatycoon.com/fighterprofilepublic.php?FID=216678

this project fighter trained in private gym for 6 months.

who would wanna risk his fighters hype and rank against a zero hyped project guy?

answer -find another such project guy and set both these guys up for a fight.

Project fighters have no place in ID restricted orgs. This is pretty much what some of the top managers do. They joined ID restricted orgs with their project fighters then people can't really say they are can crushers, since they are the same ID.

if project fighters are deemed to be unfair in ID restricted orgs, so when managers create them, they tend to be more accepted in orgs without ID restrictions? is that how it normally is? I'm just curious to find out if project fighters are generally looked down upon? or if there's any other purpose for creating it besides smashing other similar ID fighters?

Project fighters aren't frowned on, everyone does it. Honestly most people don't sit fighters for 2-3 game years unless they really have patience and really only experienced managers usually do this. It's just a way of getting your guy ready for the big leagues sooner, considering the fact that if you have a fight that goes to decision then usually all of your energy is gone which means you have to sit your fighter out for a week of no training.

And Project fighters are a it of fun because rather than training your fighter to face a certain opponent you can just train whatever you want and basically make your fighter exactly how you want him to be.

if project fighters are deemed to be unfair in ID restricted orgs, so when managers create them, they tend to be more accepted in orgs without ID restrictions? is that how it normally is? I'm just curious to find out if project fighters are generally looked down upon? or if there's any other purpose for creating it besides smashing other similar ID fighters?

project fighters shouldnt realllly be frowned upon. I have never made a project fighter only cos I like to fight frequently without having to wait and train for ages. The point in a project fighter (in most cases) is to make a fighter who will join the bigger (non ID restricted) orgs sooner, I believe. Id orgs are generally for people who want to fight fairly and quickly.

The problem with project fighters is they will have beastly skills but no hype and no fights. The fact that they have no hype makes it very difficult to find an opponent at their skill level and the fact that they have no fights means that they could be a dud after all those game years of training and so it could be a huge waste of time.

That's the way i see it anyway!

• Upvote 1

personally I think it shouldn't be frowned upon as long as everyone gets fair fights and as soon as a project fighter has outgrown the org he should be asked to leave, until that happens and if there are still fair fights left in that org a project fighter should be allowed to stay in that id restricted org

got it .... thanks for the explanation guys .... it's an interesting concept but I'm not sure yet if I'm patient enough to go through a couple of game years to just sit back and train a guy ... may try it one day though !

personally I think it shouldn't be frowned upon as long as everyone gets fair fights and as soon as a project fighter has outgrown the org he should be asked to leave, until that happens and if there are still fair fights left in that org a project fighter should be allowed to stay in that id restricted org

The magic begins when the matchmaker starts trying to book these "fair fights". The project fighter will almost always be ranked very low, much lower than a fighter with similar stats (hiddens aside) would normally be ranked.

So the matchmaker is left with two absolutely fun options:

1) The lower ranked guys don't want to fight him because they are generally at a huge skill disadvantage.

2) The higher ranked guys -- the ones that usually can match up stats wise with the project -- don't want to fight him because they have nothing to gain by beating the much lower ranked project and will lose a lot of prestige if they lose to the him. Also, the project fighter has another telling advantage over the non project: it's damn near impossible to scout them early on, but the project's manager will have plenty of info on his opponents.