Contracts: Multiple Divisions, Transfers, Soft Relase

EzekelRAGE

Contracts  

67 members have voted

1. 1. Which ones do you like?(Multiple Choice)

• Mulitple Divisions- No need to reneg everytime
    • Transfers - Satifies both fighter and owner, gives fighter freedom to choose
    • Soft Release/Non Exclusive - Less risk for org and fighter can fight often
    • None! -_-

1. One Contract But Multiple Divisions: Manger just goes to contract page. Then goes to the fighter, select which division and then submit. A message

goes to the org owner like feedback does. But this is asking the org owner to accept or decline the proposal. This way the org owner knows what's going on

and isnt taken be suprise when they see a guy in a division. If accepted the fighter will now show up in the division he/she requested, along with the original

division. Fights/Base/Win/Expiration all stay the same. Yes you can just send a reneg butowners oversee dozens/hundreds of fighters, I'm sure it can be a

headache trying to remember who can do what division as a backup.

http://img824.imageshack.us/img824/5175/basecontract.png

2. Transfer Contract: Yep! this subject again. Since doing a total org buyout has it's hurdles. Why not just let the owner send out contracts to

sign under another org. After filling in Org ID number a contract is sent to the fighter listing all the current terms they are under. Same fights

remaining/base/win etc. Only difference is it lists a different org, the fighter can accept or decline. The fighter gets a say so in what org he

wants. Org owner doesn't have to worry about releasing a guy for a merger and risking him not signing when released.

http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/7383/existingy.png

3. Soft Release: Basically if an org owner clicks this, it acts as a ''soft release". An offer is sent to fighter asking if he wants to accept or

decline the soft release. If declined, nothing happens. If accepted, he is given a two week limit where he can fight/sign contract with

another org. His activity clause for the main org is paused as soon as he accepts the soft release. After the two week period the fighter

is returns to his original org like nothing happened. I was mainly thinking of orgs using this feature to release fighter for tournament

fights. One problem would be if you soft release a fighter and an org signs him to a contract longer than 2 weeks. Probably would be

simpler to give "exclusive" a checkbox. Unchecked, the fighter can sign anywhere and fight/accept offers from whichever

orgs he is signed with.

http://img546.imageshack.us/img546/7781/existingx.png

• Upvote 12
  • Downvote 1

I am all for anything which allows me to organise fighters in different weight divisions without having to release them, re-sign them and then release them again and re-sign them to the original weight class. Even if it were done with a checkbox for a 'one off fight offer' that is next to the weight class when you are arranging matchups and is up to the managers to accept/decline the fight.

• Upvote 3

#2 is huge, #1 would be nice. I do not mind #3 either. In general all these are legit ideas, especially #2 as the merge orgs thing has been talked about for ages now.

Moving fighters without needing to release them would be a HUGE HUGE HUGE addition to this game and as Rage mentioned, merges are a messy affair as the fighter could not want to move, this way it is done is a much better and more democratic fashion. Besides that a fighter could be transferred this way without actually closing either of the orgs, something which is done all the time with Super fights. Super fight contracts are a major thing because there have been cases where you release a guy and while on FA he gets some "ridiculous" offer which he starts to consider. In theory that consideration should not even be available because he is still on contract with his original org.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I like the multiple division for sure! And also like the idea of soft release even if its for a 2 week period. that way you can go and fight for other titles if you're at that level.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I would like to see #1 and #2. I see the point of having a contract for multiple divisions now. All that needs to be added is the option where when you sign a contract with someone there should be the option of giving a fighter *multiple divisions". He will still have one division which will be considered his parent division, but he will be allowed to be booked in more than one.

This is particularly useful for the 265+ and 265lbs divisions and the bottom 2 145 and 135lbs divisions where the talent pool is a lot more thin. We see that many fighters compete in more than one division in those divisions. In fact most 265+ fighters are in fact 265lbs fighters

• Upvote 1

• 3 months later...