UFC 214 Cormier vs Jones 2 Pick'em Thread

kenlow73

Brooks must have looked a lot better ringside, Rogan and Cruz were talking that it was close. I thought Shelton was winning pretty much every minute of the fight.

I didn't really think it was close either. Even when Brooks looked to be in the better position in the first I liked the fact Shelton was working and striking more. Maybe the judges were swayed by the end of the round and the top position before that? As I say, I Shelton should have taken the win.

What happened with the Ortega/Moicano fight...Nevermind, I had to find it elsewhere, I don't know why UFC didn't update that one.

Daniel Cormier vs Jon Jones - W

Tyron Woodley vs Demian Maia - W

Cris Cyborg vs Tonya Evinger - W

Robbie Lawler vs Donald Cerone - W

Jimi Manuwa vs Volkan Oezdemir - L

FXX Prelims 8pm EST

Ricardo Lamas vs Jason Knight - L

Aljamin Sterling vs Renan Barao - W

Renato Moicano vs Brian Ortega - W

Andre Fili vs Calvin Kattar - L

UFC Fight Pass Early Prelims 6:30pm EST

Kailin Curran vs Alexandra Albu - W

Eric Shelton vs Jarred Brooks - W

Joshua Burkman vs Drew Dober - W

well went 9-3 not bad -- feel bad for dc man, at least jones didnt dog on him and kept it good -- i actually think dc won the first 2 rds -- rd 1 was close but i think dc edged it out, in the end though it didn't matter -- the height and reach just too much for dc though

do you think we will see a brock - jones fight? -- i think its a good chance maybe, would cement jones forever and i think he would win -- but damn if brock does get ahold of him and gets it to the ground the gnp could look nasty -- lol

What do you mean???

I edited my post. I didn't get home from work until the start of Woodley/Maia. I usually get the results from ufc.com, they didn't have a result for that fight, so I didn't know if it ended in a draw or something. But I went and found the result somewhere else.

8668f88e4e6211ee8519d140131de647.png

well went 9-3 not bad -- feel bad for dc man, at least jones didnt dog on him and kept it good -- i actually think dc won the first 2 rds -- rd 1 was close but i think dc edged it out, in the end though it didn't matter -- the height and reach just too much for dc though

do you think we will see a brock - jones fight? -- i think its a good chance maybe, would cement jones forever and i think he would win -- but damn if brock does get ahold of him and gets it to the ground the gnp could look nasty -- lol

Honestly Gustafsson deserves a title shot and it's been a long time coming after that classic they had nearly 4 years ago but I would be lying if I said I wouldn't want to watch Lesnar v Jones. I just want to see Lesnar grab a hold of Jones take him down and beat on him. That could be a wild fight plus it would make a ton of money so there's a good chance the UFC makes the fight. It just depends on Lesnar, I would assume he's on something so unless old Dana can wave USADA away again it might not be possible.

Honestly Gustafsson deserves a title shot and it's been a long time coming after that classic they had nearly 4 years ago but I would be lying if I said I wouldn't want to watch Lesnar v Jones. I just want to see Lesnar grab a hold of Jones take him down and beat on him. That could be a wild fight plus it would make a ton of money so there's a good chance the UFC makes the fight. It just depends on Lesnar, I would assume he's on something so unless old Dana can wave USADA away again it might not be possible.

yea i dont think there is a chance he will get a wavier again after this last ordeal -- but he can stop and clean up for it to happen -- anybody could look at him against hunt and tell he was on the juice and didnt stop for that one fight --- jones is wanting a big pay fight but i just can see it happening -- not anytime soon cause brock would have to enter testing for 6 months and he hasnt even enter much less finished serving his 1 yr yet