SUPPORTERS

MMA Hype

MMA Tycoon Twitter

Luan Dovik

Agent Dee

J.C. Raven

Thanks to Scooby Jr from BEEF Montreal for letting we use his wall poster idea

• Upvote 3

Barbarian Fight Club is proud to present live from The Underground on Saturday January 11, 2014 BFC 3: The Rampage. The follow up to BFC: The Weekend promises to be a good one as number one BFC ranked fighter Aderbal Maia will be in action. Also recently signed and beast of a fight Chiamaka “Vuvuzela” Congo will make his debut to BFC and many others will be there as we will give ten great fights.

(Overall record){Barbarian Fight Club record}

First Preliminary Fight

“The Machine” Bobby Hendricks (0-1) {0-0} versus Roberto “Jaguar” Nascimento (0-1) {0-0}

Bobby Hendricks born in America now living in Tokyo and fighting in South America is “The Machine”. Hendricks has spread his training out threw a lot of the different arts which makes him unpredictable. Hendricks lost his debut in a tournament for first time fighters, and even in the loss he looked great in most or all facets of the fight game. Standing across from his is the older and more concentrated fighter Roberto Nascimento. Saying more concentrated should not be confused with better or more focus. What I mean is that Nascimento has focused in only one or two areas of the game, as he is a respectable wrestler and wonderful Muay Thai striker. Nascimento also lost his debut getting submitted in the first round. If Roberto keeps this next one standing he should get the win, and that is who I am putting my money on. Roberto Nascimento to win the fight by TKO in the second round.

Second Preliminary Fight

Ronaldo “Venom” Moura (0-1) {0-1} versus Justin “The Arrow” Cruz (0-1) {0-1}

Let’s call this bout the redemption. Moura and Cruz made their MMA debuts at BFC 2: The Comeback losing to Pepe Lepew and Nego Dobom respectively. Lepew beat Moura in the first round by TKO as Dobom was able to submit Cruz in the first round as well. How do these two match up with each other though? Moura is a twenty five year old brown belt in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu while Cruz is a wonderful Muay Thai striker. With Moura having some wrestling to back up his Jiu Jitsu he is the clear cut favored fighter to win this battle. I am going to agree with the odds maker and pick Ronaldo “Venom” Moura to win this fight by submission in the first round.

Third Preliminary Fight

Chin HoKelly (0-1) {0-1} versus Marcos “Porkchop” Cesar (0-0) {0-1}

Chin HoKelly made his debut at BFC 1 The Beginning in a losing effort to Goran Padamalei by knockout in the first round. HoKelly is a striker himself and will be looking for a bit of redemption when he takes on Marcos Cesar. HoKelly will want to keep this fight standing since Cesar will be looking for the submission with his purple belt. Cesar will have some trouble getting the fight to the ground since HoKelly is the better wrestler. For Cesar to win this fight he will have to find a way to get this one to the ground, but I do not see that happening. I am going to pick Chin HoKelly to win this fight in the first round by knockout.

Fourth Preliminary Fight

“The Phenomenal One” Andrew Jennings (0-0) {0-0} versus Sergei “3BE” Shunkov (0-1) {0-0}

Andrew Jennings is a wonderful wrestler looking to make a phenomenal debut in his young career. Jennings is eighteen years old and the sky is the limit. Sergei has a more developed stand up game then Jennings and if it stays on the feet Shunkov should have an easy victory. Sergei may not be the best stand up fighter but his abilities are so much better than the seven year younger fighter Jennings. Sergei can’t fear the ground fight though as he may not be the better wrestler but with his purple belt in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu it would seem he has the advantage on the ground as well. I will not make a prediction in this fight since Jennings is managed by me and I could never pick against my own fighter. It does seem that Jennings is in a mismatch fight though.

Fifth Preliminary Fight

Drean “The Assasin” Tryan (1-0) {0-0} versus Wendel “Quebra Tudo” Gomes (1-0) {0-0}

Both fighters are making their debut in Barbarian Fight Club but both have had one fight each in the past. Tryan and Gomes both picked up wins in their first fight by unanimous decision. The two eighteen year olds are looking to make an impression on the Bantamweight division here in BFC. Tryan is a slightly better stand up fighter while Gomes is slightly better on the ground. This should be such a close and interesting fight. If it stays up Tryan should win the fight and the same goes for Gomes if it is on the ground. I do not see a finish coming in this bout, and I also see this being a war until the final bell rings. Since damage is scored slightly higher than cage control I am going to pick Tryan to win this bout by decision. It could be so close a split decision might be the way this happens.

Main Card Fight Number One

Ramiro “Superman” Cienfuegos (0-2) {0-1} versus Christopher “The Wolf” Newton (0-0) {0-0}

Superman is winless in his short career but that should not detour this young man. Cienfuegos has had a bit of bad luck facing older more experienced fighters or just plain bad match ups for him. The problem for him in his third fight is much of the same. Even though Christopher “The Wolf” Newton is making his MMA debut he has competed in TWGC going two and one. The twenty five year old Steel Penn fighter is an American Jiu Jitsu practitioner and he holds a purple belt. The San Francisco native is the taller and heavier fighter and should have an early first round submission win.

Main Card Fight Number Two

Kedsons “Pitbull” Linhare (1-0) {0-0} versus Nego “Café” Dobom (2-0) {1-0}

Kedsons is a twenty five year old from Manaus Brazil. He is a well-rounded fighter with his only fight ending in a three round unanimous decision in his favor. The purple belt showed good ground work in his win against Scottie Chase. Nego Dobom won his debut in BFC with an early first round submission win over Justin Cruz. Dobom was clearly the better ground grappler in that match up and he used it aggressively. Dobom is normally a striker and is proficient in Muay Thai. Cruz though was the better striker thus proving Dobom and his manager know how to game plan. With the fight experience and BFC experience I have to pick Nego “Café” Dobom to win, by unanimous decision.

Main Card Fight Number Three

Chiamaka “Vuvuzela” Congo (6-0) {0-0} versus Nam “The Biceps” Yamato (1-0) {0-0}

Two fighters set to make their BFC debut and personally I couldn’t be more excited. I was at Warrior Fight League-1 watching a fighter I manage when I got to see the beast that is Chiamaka Congo. Congo is six and zero with five of his wins coming by way of TKO. Congo has one of the most impressive clinches I have ever seen. Nam “The Biceps” Yamato is a respectable Muay Thai striker also likes to clinch it up, but he is also comfortable on the ground and has decent submissions as seen in his only fight. Yamato may not have got the finish in his fight but he did prove that he can be dangerous from any position in the cage. Unfortunately for Yamato is his game is very concentrated on the clinch and if he goes there with Congo this one will be over quick. My pick for this fight is Congo winning by TKO in the first round.

Main Card Fight Number Four

Rajesh “Raj” Koothrappali (1-0) {1-0} versus Anderson Moreno (0-1) {0-0}

Koothrappali has fought in BFC one time before with an impressive submission win in the first round against Garry Boyle. Raj got Boyle to the ground and relentlessly assaulted him with submission attempts one after another. He got the Kimura locked on and got the victory with only two seconds left in the first round. The wonderful wrestler and purple belt will be looking to do the same to Moreno. On the other hand Moreno will need to use his mediocre wrestling to try and keep the fight standing where he has the clear advantage. Anderson has trained in Muay Thai and boxing so he should be able to mix up his punches with kicks. Moreno can win this fight by keeping Koothrappali guessing, but the aggressive style of Raj should allow him to get it to the ground. I am picking Rajesh to win by submission in the second round.

Main Event

Aderbal “Tapout” Maia (5-0) {1-0} versus Johan “Crusher” Boshoff (1-0) {0-0}

It will be difficult for Boshoff to make his debut against the highest ranked fighter in the BFC in Aderbal Maia. Both of these twenty five year old Light Heavyweight fighters hold brown belts in BJJ and have wrestling back rounds. Lucky for Boshoff his wrestling pedigree is slightly better than Maia. That is about all that Boshoff has over his opponent. Maia has the height, the weight, experience, and he has a better camp with a more experienced manager. All signs point to Maia winning this fight, and I have to agree. The question is how? It will be hard for Maia to submit another brown belt, but he is so aggressive with his submission I think he can pull out his sixth first round submission victory.

That will close out the preview for BFC-3 The Rampage other than my last few predictions on award winners. I will pick for Submission of the Night award Aderbal “Tapout” Maia, with Knockout of the Night being given to Chiamaka “Vuvuzela” Congo and finally the Fight of the Night award going to Kedsons “Pitbull” Linhare versus Nego “Café” Dobom. Well good night everyone and enjoy the fights on Saturday January 11, 2014 live at The Underground in Rio!

All writings where done by Tony Rossi manger in Helsinki. All writings belong to Barbarian Fight Club and my not be reused without expressed written consent.

• Upvote 1

Mismatch or not Andrew Jennings will make a statement on January 11th with his first of many wins. Sergei “3BE” Shunkov may not be a gatekeeper at 135 but he will be “The Phenomenal One’s” stepping stone! I am throwing out the challenge right now to any Bantamweight in Barbarian Fight Club to step up or step out.

Mismatch or not Andrew Jennings will make a statement on January 11th with his first of many wins. Sergei “3BE” Shunkov may not be a gatekeeper at 135 but he will be “The Phenomenal One’s” stepping stone! I am throwing out the challenge right now to any Bantamweight in Barbarian Fight Club to step up or step out.

You may be able to win that fight based on your opposing manager's reluctance to have a 100% energy fighter. However, I think that having a white belt and being a top heavy wrestler can have repercussions, and you might get subbed. But seeing as your fighter is only 18, you've got time to build him up to be a great fighter. Looks promising.

You may be able to win that fight based on your opposing manager's reluctance to have a 100% energy fighter. However, I think that having a white belt and being a top heavy wrestler can have repercussions, and you might get subbed. But seeing as your fighter is only 18, you've got time to build him up to be a great fighter. Looks promising.

Thanks, I am aware of some o the fighters holes, but time will certianly tell. I just might have a few tricks up my sleve.

Interview with Aderbal Maia #1 P4P and Main Event of Barbarian FC 3

Reporter: We are here with Aderbal Maia (5-0) with his second fight in Barbarian Fight Club. This is your second fight in Barbarian FC and it is your second main event. What can we expect for this fight against Johan Boshoff (1-0)?

Aderbal Maia: I dont even wanted this fight. My boss came to me and ask me with only few days left if i would accept this fight to save the event. I think Johan Boshoff have nothing to offer for me. He is doing his debut and dont have any background. If i win, i just did what was expected and if i dont, have a lot to lose in the deal.

Reporter: And who you would like to fight?

Aderbal Maia: Give me any fighter who can offer me something. Hughes is the #2 but he is my training partner, give me Cooper, Azuibike, Inglorion or Nogueira and i would love to make them tap!

Reporter: About the other fights in the event, what u think we can expect?

Aderbal Maia: We can expect great fights, there are some raising stars in the spotlight fighting in Barbarian FC 3 like the clinch beast Chiamaka Congo (6-0), Nego Dobom (2-0) who got a great sub in Barbarian FC 2 and im excited for the american jiu-jitsu debut of Christopher Newton (0-0).

Reporter: Thank you for the interview, do you wanT to talk something for the fans and other managers?

Aderbal Maia: I want to thank all the fans for the full arena in all my previous fights and i like to add for the managers, if any you guys think that you can beat me. Feel free to challenge me here, but be aware that you gonna tap!

Our team was seeking for Johan Boshoff to have his answer, but his mannager is missing since 30th december.

• Upvote 2

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/10/10w2.jpg

Abraham Kurse

I'm pretty sure that Wellingshton Paiva (seriously, who gives their son a name like that?) doesn't know what kind of fighter he's going to face on January 15th. He's going to be dominated in a way he will never be in his whole career. I actually think that it will make he even retire after this fight. I'm gunning for the top spot. I don't care about belts. I just want to win against all of my opponents in my division. And I will. Paiva is just the first of them.

(Scene opens in a large room, there is a banquet table set up with microphones against the back wall. A large Barbarian Fight Club logo hangs behind the table. Next to each of the microphones is a can of Mango Nutrition Energy Drinks. Pedro Fernandes walks into the room followed by Dustin Clare and Jared Gracie. Fernandes takes a seat in the center with Clare to his left and Gracie to his right. The three men are facing about fifth teen to twenty reports from different newspapers, MMA websites, and magazines. A reporter walks up to a center podium.)

Reporter: “Hello everyone my name is Samantha Chiles and I will be reading a few polled questions from the room I may also have a few follow ups to some answers. Question number one is for Mr. Fernandes. This is to date the biggest fight in Barbarian Fight Clubs short history, where you happy to not only sign Gracie but get him a fight so quickly?”

Pedro Fernandes: “Can't be happier. Since we started Barbarian Fight Club we are trying to put all the best fighters from Rio to face each other, and when we are talking about the 170lbs we have the #1 and undefeated Dustin Clare who is a high level BJJ fighter and will face the TWGC World Champion and undefeated Jared Gracie. I'm excited to see this high level jiu-jitsu fight between these two warriors!”

Samantha Chiles: “Question for Mr. Gracie: With becoming the TWGC World Champion do you feel that gives you an advantage over a BJJ fighter such Mr. Clare?”

Jared Gracie: “Yes it does because he never faced a fighter that has better ground game.”

Samantha Chiles: “Mr. Clare do you feel you have a better ground game than the TWGC World Champion, and without giving away too much strategy will this be a fight we see primarily on the ground?”

Dustin Clare: “I will not talk much but hopefully we will know after winning the fight, but I don’t think his title in TWGC is any advantage in MMA fight."

Samantha Chiles: “Mr. Clare you are currently ranked number one in BFC among the 170lbs division, but most of the attention has been focused on Gracie. Is that why you wanted this fight, is it something you feel you need to prove to the world?”

Dustin Clare: “Fighters are tested every fight but this will be the hardest test for me so far
Thank you Samantha.”

Samantha Chiles: “Mr. Gracie if you win this fight do you think that makes you the number one fighter at Welterweight he in Barbarian Fight Club?”

Jared Gracie: “We'll every fighter wants to be one so I can say that I will be number one in the welterweight but there is always someone better than you it's the nature of MMA.”

Samantha Chiles: “Wow very humble fighters battling for perhaps the top spot in BFC, Mr. Fernandes does the winner of this fight become the top contender for the Welterweight Title, and if so when will you be introducing championships?”

Pedro Fernandes: “Certainly! In the first hand, I’m going to tell here in first hand that we are going to have our first title fights in February! It’s going to be a 4 men tournament, and the winner between Dustin Clare and Jared Gracie will have his spot guaranteed in the tournament for the title!”

Samantha Chiles: “Now that’s so huge news! Title tournament coming soon, and a guaranteed spot fight going down. Mr. Clare or Mr. Gracie any thoughts?”

Jared Gracie: “I think this should be for the first spot in the tournament and the loser gets 2nd spot don't you think that's a good idea Clare

Dustin Clare: “I believe that even the loser between this fight right now will be in the 4 men tournament and will get his rematch, and will be a great one with the title in the deal.”

Samantha Chiles: “It seems these fighters are ready to go to war two or even three times. This is moving from the biggest fight in BFC to a massive but yet friendly rivalry. Mr. Fernandes any thoughts on this possibly ending up as a trilogy with multiple title fights being involved?”

Pedro Fernandes: “When we have fighters like Dustin Clare and Jared Gracie in the organization, it’s expected to have more than one fight between them. We have top level fighters like Andokuhle and Chiamaka, but i am sure that Clare and Gracie will be always top contenders. They deserve to be where they are with 4-0 and 5-0 and i can be sure they will be always climbing even higher.”

Samantha Chiles: “Certainly you have a lot of support and love for all of your contracted fighters, and anyone in the business will appreciate that. This is going to be a fun fight and an amazing card. If the three of you don’t mind we are going to do a few photos and let you gentlemen out of here.”

(As the fighter and Mr. Fernandes start to pose for some media pictures the scene fads to black.)

Event preview for Barbarian Fight Time-1

Welcome to Barbarian Fight Time-1 brought to you by Mango Nutrition Live from The Underground in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. Barbarian Fight Time-1 has some tremendous match ups for you, including the highly anticipated debut of TWGC World Champion Jared Gracie. Also the number four overall ranked Leandro “Cigano” Hughes will be in action. Earlier this week a major announcement was made, and the winner of Dustin Clare versus Jared Gracie will get an automatic bid into the Welterweight championship tournament that is scheduled to start in February, and we will get to that fight later.

Preliminary Bout Number One

Abraham “Radioactive” Kurse (0-1) {0-0} versus Wellingshton “Professor De Portugues” Paiva (0-1) {0-0}

We start the night off with two fighters making their debut. Both of them are zero and one, but somebody is getting their first win obviously. Kurse is an eighteen year old Canadian who is a brown belt in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu. He also has a little wrestling behind him as well. Abraham has a huge advantage on the ground and will need to get an early takedown if he wants to be sucsesful in this bout. Paiva has absolutely no ground game but the twenty five year old Brazilian native is an accomplished standup fighter. Competent boxing mixed with respectable Muay Thai will give Paiva that advantage in the standup and clinch game. If Paiva can grab ahold of Kurse at any point in this fight I think it turns into a knockout. With that being said I am going to pick Abraham “Radioactive” Kurse to win by submission in the second round.

Preliminary Bout Number Two

Garry “The Natural” Boyle (1-1) {0-1} versus Mateusz “Globus” Szuwara (0-0) {0-0}

Boyle lost his BFC debut to “Raj” Koothrappali by submission in the first round, but he is looking to turn that all around. Boyle should have a very strong clinch due to his wrestling and Muay Thai back round, and he should be looking to use that in his bout against Szuwara. The eighteen year old from Poland had been excited since the fight was signed, but now there is a few problems on this young man’s plate. His manager dropped him, and Szuwara was unable to pay for his own training, so now he is working a full time job and only pops into a gym from time to time. If things don’t go well for him in his debut fight it could be the end of Mateusz “Globus” Szuwara career in Mixed Martial Arts. I will pick Garry “The Natural” Boyle to win by decision.

Preliminary Bout Number Three

Filip “Killer” Yolo (1-0) {0-0} versus Decon Green (2-0) {1-0}

Both of these young kids are submission fighters, but before it goes to the ground Filip will have a slight advantage. Though that is not saying much, as I believe there will be no chance of a knockout in this fight. Yolo won his only fight by submission in the first round and will be looking to use his purple belt in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu to do it again. Decon Green is also a purple belt but he is also a slightly better wrestler which could be all the difference he needs to pick up a win in this bout. Green is extremely aggressive fighter which in a mirror match such as this I believe it gives him another advantage. Look for this one to be full of takedowns and submission attempts. I see Green finishing Yolo with a submission in the first round.

Preliminary Bout Number Four

Mauricio “Mancha” Moura (1-1) versus Vaan “The Fliying Man” Birdwing (1-0) {0-0}

Moura comes into this fight as a mediocre wrestlers and a brown belt in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu. With his skill set he will want to bring this fight to the ground quickly and avoid any punching or kicking exchange. Since his opponent does have a wrestling back round it would be best to look for the submission early versus transitioning to a better position. Vaan Birdwing is a competent wrestler and a proficient Muay Thai striker. With the combination of wrestling and Muay Thai you have to assume he is looking to clinch early and land as many strikes as possible. In his first fight we did not see any clinch work but I was impressed with his ability to get up off the ground as well as stuff takedowns. Birdwing also has a very nice head kick that could send Moura to the mat. I am going with the underdog in this bout and picking Vaan Birdwing to win by TKO in the second round.

Preliminary Bout Number Five

Elliot “Cronos” Stabler (1-1) {1-1} versus “Anarky” Lonnie Machin (0-0) {0-0}

To finish off the preliminaries we get to enjoy a fight that promises to be a brawl. Stabler is a wonderful boxer who has a great jab, but can also throw some nice combos. In his first fight Stabler lost to a ground fighter, which is typical for boxers to lose to, but in his second fight he got the win in just twenty six seconds. Lonnie Machin will be having his very first professional fight right here in Barbarian Fight Club. Also a wonderful boxer Machin will be looking to stand and bang which is Stabler’s strength. This should be a knockdown drag them out brawl until either the final bell or until one of these combatants is lying flat on their back unconscious. This might be the toughest fight to predict a winner in, I want to go with Stabler do to the experience but I want to go with Machin do to having a better camp. I am going to flip a coin and say Machin wins in the first round by knockout.

Main Card Bout Number One

Howard “Engineer” Holowitz (1-0) {1-0} versus Reginald “Lumberjack” Longbottom (0-0) {0-0}

Holowitz won his debuting fight with an impressive submission victory in less than one minute over Victor Lima. Howard came in and quickly took down the Muay Thai striker and then put the pressure on with submission attempts. Now he will be looking to do the same thing against Longbottom who is a boxer. Reginald Longbottom is not just a boxer as he has had training in many other areas. He has a little skill in wrestling, and he is the shorter naturally heavier fighter, so it will be tuff for Holowitz to get the takedown. As long as the fight stays standing Longbottom will win, but if it goes to the ground it will be all over for the Lumberjack. I think Howard Holowitz will be able to get the fight to the ground eventually and get the submission late in the first round.

Main Card Bout Number Two

Floyd “Money” Mayweather (2-1) {1-0} versus Genki Sudo (1-0) {0-0}

Mayweather won his first bout in BFC, and proved he was money bringing home a Fight of the Night award and bonus. Mayweather can take some shots as seen in that bout, but what was really impressive is the fact he clinched to get breathers then made separation to go back to work. The twenty three year old New York native will have to worry about guard being pulled so he might want to stay away from the clinch in this one. Genki Sudo is a proficient boxer and a brown belt in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu. A somewhat strange combo for a fighter set to make his second appearance in the cage. Mayweather is going to want to stand and fight and Sudo will be able to hang with him, but if the fight ends up on the ground in any way Sudo has a massive advantage. Sudo may what to just wait until Mayweather tries to clinch then pull guard and look to get a second win off his back. I am going to pick Genki Sudo to win his first BFC fight by submission in the second round.

Main Card Bout Number Three

Patryck “O Fisico” Mendes (6-2) {1-1} versus Zachary “Zap Zap” White (2-0) {0-0}

Patryck is an experienced fighter with respectable wrestling and a purple belt in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu. In his last bout Mendes started off just the way he wanted by scoring the takedown, but got submitted himself. He will be looking to get back on his winning ways by taking this fight to the ground. Down on the mat Patryck should dominate this bout, and if it goes there he should walk away with his seventh win. Zachary White is a respectable wrestler and a remarkable boxer with both of his wins coming by way of knockout. In his last fight he proved he had good submission defense as he seemed comfortable on his back. In the second round he got the TKO when the fight could not be taken back to the floor. If this fight stays standing no doubt White wins this fight. I am going to pick White to win in the second round by knockout.

Main Card Bout Number Four

Leandro “Cigano” Hughes (3-1) {1-0} versus Chembakwu “Tiger” Azuibike (1-0)

Hughes is coming into this bout as the heavy favorite. Hughes is a ground and pounder and is currently on a two fight win streak. In his only BFC bout he bloodied up his opponent and got the stoppage in less than two minutes with his relentless strikes from the ground. He will be looking to do much of the same in this matchup. Chembakwu is a Muay Thai striker and a remarkable one at that. His only fight in his career was against fellow BFC fighter Wellingshton “Professor De Portugues” Paiva, and in that fight proved he is somewhat comfortable on the ground. He will want to keep this fight standing though because Paiva is no Hughes on the ground and that’s for sure. Head and leg kicks to keep the distance and point out the fight from a standing position should be his key to success. I am picking Hughes to win this bout by knockout in the first round after getting the take down.

Main Event Of The Evening

Dustin “Gannicus” Clare (4-0) {1-0} versus Jared Gracie (5-0) {0-0}

This is the fight everyone has been talking about. Dustin Clare is ranked number one in BFC at the Welterweight division and ranked third overall. He is a twenty five year old respectable wrestler and a brown belt in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu. All four of his wins came by submission, and his only fight in BFC he brought home a Submission of the Night Award. His opponent Jared Gracie is a proficient wrestler and holds a purple belt in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu. Gracie is a proven grappler as he is the Tycoon World Grappling Champion at Middleweight. In the TWGC Gracie was amazing going six and zero winning four of the matches by submission. Before the TWGC Jared went five and zero in MMA action all winning four of those by submission. This will be both of these fighters biggest challenge and it has a guaranteed spot in the Welterweight title tournament. Gracie has the fight experience and the pressure experience, but Clare has the higher ground skill. This is a very tuff call to say who will win this fight. I am going to pick the experience factor here and call Gracie to win by submission in the second round.

As I said this is certainly an amazing card and if it’s not sold out you need to get your tickets. Not only do we have ten awesome fights but Mango Nutrition will have stands located all around the arena for all your supplement needs. I am going to pick Gracie to win Submission of the Night, Hughes to win Knockout of the Night, and Garry “The Natural” Boyle versus Mateusz “Globus” Szuwara to win Fight of the Night.

This preview has been written by Tony Rossi manager in Helsinki. If there is anything you do or do not agree with please take it up on the Smack Talk Forum Thread. Barbarian Fight Club owns all writings and they may not be reproduced without expressed written content.

• Upvote 1

Barbarian is at it again! In collaboration with Mango Nutrition the BFC is proud to bring you the best fights in 230id restriction. Saturday January 18, 2014 at The Underground Barbarian Fight Club will host Barbarian FC-4 The Knockout. Twenty Fighters, Ten Fights, Three of the night awards, but there will be one-thousand winners in attendance.

Preliminary Bout Number One

Varus “Hanniball” Gracie (0-1) {0-0} versus Thomas “Tommygun” Oosthuizen (0-1) {0-0}

This bout will be at Heavyweight and features two fighters that are both zero and one, and they both are also making their BFC debut. Hanniball is a a strong wrestler with a little back round in Muay Thai. More than likely he is going to want to clinch and do some dirty boxing, and maybe even get some knees and elbows into the mix. Tommygun is also a wrestler with Muay Thai backing, but his Muay Thai is not as strong. Oosthuizen will more than likely want to try and put Gracie on his back and control the bout from the ground. Thomas is a little older and he should use his experience to his advantage. This will be a tough hard fought fight, and I am going to pick Gracie to win by decision.

Preliminary Bout Number Two

Ruan “Bulldozer” Jackson (0-1) {0-0} versus John “The Sniper” Elsker (0-1) {0-0}

Once again two winless BFC debuting fighters but this time it will be at Light Heavyweight. Jackson is a remarkable wrestler and a very competent boxer. Jackson loves to clinch but he is also not afraid to take the fight to the ground. If Jackson gets into any trouble in the standup game he should look for a double and ground and pound his way to victory. Elsker is currently not training which is a serious red flag, and everyone should be concerned. In his first fight he lost a majority draw which is not a bad thing, but not following up on mistakes is a very bad thing. I am going to pick Jackson to win this fight by TKO in the third round.

Preliminary Bout Number Three

Eusebio Reinaldo Moreno (0-2) {0-1} versus Michael Adderiy (1-0) {0-0}

Moreno needs a win big time! Coming into MMA late at the age of twenty five and then dropping your first two fights is never a good thing. Moreno is a superb wrestler and needs to use that to his advantage. Big take downs and a lot of controlling on the ground in an attempt to point out a victory is the only chance I see Moreno having. Adderiy is a competent wrestler and a purple belt in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu. If Moreno takes my advice and tries to control on the ground Adderiy will most certainly be looking for a submission. His only fight which was a win came by tap out over Carmelo Mcpherson just under two minutes of the first round. Adderiy may be giving up the experience in this Light Heavyweight showdown but I am still going to pick the twenty year old Englishmen to win the fight by submission in the first round.

Preliminary Bout Number Four

Wendel “Bllank” Freitas (0-1) {0-0} versus Carlos “Ocelote” Rodriguez (2-0) {1-0}

My favorite division here in BFC, it’s time to see the little guys mix it up with a Bantamweight brawl. Freitas will be making his BFC debut against a very talented fighter. Freitas is a true Mixed Martial Artist and it’s hard to pick what he is best at. In this matchup he will need to bring a great wrestling game plan and get Rodriguez down to limit his knockout power. Rodriguez does have some wrestling training and he will need to use it to keep the fight standing. Rodrigues made a very impactful debut using his wonderful boxing skills to TKO Miguelito Chavez in the second round. I think Rodriguez will have an easier time in this one and I am picking him to win in the first round by TKO.

Preliminary Bout Number Five

Roberts “White Bear” Junior (0-1) {0-0} versus Anderson “Sniper” Silva (1-1) {0-1}

Roberts is built to make a decent run in the Middleweight division. He may only be a respectable wrestler, but his brown belt in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu proves he is no slouch. In his only fight Junior was knocked out in the first round, because he was never allowed to get going. He was clinched and shoved against the cage in the opening seconds and that is the same spot where it ended. Roberts will want to get this fight to the ground, where it should end quickly. Silva is a proficient Muay Thai striker and he also holds a purple belt in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu. He will want to keep this fight standing, and from seeing Junior’s last fight most likely in the clinch, but if it does go to the ground Silva will need to use his transitions and escapes to get back up. If the fight stays standing Silva gets his first win in BFC, and if it does not Junior gets his first win period. I am going to pick Junior to get this fight to the ground and win by submission in the second round.

Main Card Bout Number One

Hiromita Takayi (1-1) {0-1) versus Yank “The Brander” Lewis (0-1) {0-0}

To kick off the main card we have another Light Heavyweight match set up. Takayi is a big time striker that is a respectable boxer and wonderful Muay Thai striker. There is not a lot of fighters in BFC that can stand and strike with the twenty five year old from Japan. For being such a great back round in Muay Thai Takayi likes to strike from a distance versus the clinch, but at range he is a very dangerous man. He will be looking for kicks to keep the fight at a distance and then close the gap with some good punching. Yank Lewis is a proficient wrestler and a strong boxer, and should be looking to keep the fight in up close and personal. Lewis is going to need to get an early clinch or takedown and then strike his butt off. Anytime there is some separation between the two he should look for the double just to keep the fight close. I am going to pick Takayi to win the fight in a close bout by knockout in the first round.

Main Card Bout Number Two

Roberto “Crazy” Maia (1-0) {0-0} versus Fabricio “Furious” Cabral (1-1) {0-1}

The Heisenberg sponsored fighter is looking to make a big impact in the Light Heavyweight division. Maia is a competent wrestler and a brown belt in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu. Having no stand up game at all he is going to want to get this fight to the ground and quick. In his only fight Maia charged out of the gate and got a big take down, from there it was a brutal assault with submission holds until he got the victory. Cabral is just the opposite as he will want the fight to stay up so he can use his strong Muay Thai skills to kick, knee, and elbow his way to victory. If the fight does hit the mat Cabral has a little wrestling and some BJJ so it won’t be over immediately, but he will be greatly outmatched on the ground. I am going to pick Maia to win by submission in the second round.

Main Card Bout Number Three

Bryan “The Organo Natural” Chua (1-0) {1-0} versus Taylor “Falcao” Martins (1-0) {0-0}

Chua made his mark on the Heavyweight division with a stoppage in only fifty four seconds in his first and only fight. Chua is strong wrestler and he is built for the ground and pound. Chua will be looking to test Martins ground game, and he is hoping he can put him away early. Matins will also want to have the fight on the ground but I am not sure he will want to be under such a good ground and pounder. If Martins can sprawl the take down attempt and end up on top look for a quick submission from the purple belt. Also Martins will have a slight advantage if the fight stays standing, so just in case of the fight going the distance Martins will want to score points in the stand up. My pick in this one will be Chua getting the ground and pound victory in the first round once again.

Main Card Bout Number Four

Jan Jankowski (2-1) {0-0} versus Nestor “Toro” Gonzalez (2-0) {1-0}

Jankowski is a Brazilian Jiu Jitsu brown belt who has submitted every opponent he has beat. His only loss came by decision but at least he was able to prove that he has good enough cardio to go the distance. Jan does have some boxing to go with his BJJ and he may have to rely on that a little more than he thinks. Currently Jankowski is zero for thirty six in successful takedowns, and he might need to mix his game up just a little bit more. Nestor Gonzalez has already shown the BFC world what he can do with a big decision win at Barbarian Weekend Day 1. In his only other fight he also won by decision. Gonzalez has spread his training throughout most of arts and has been able to utilize that method of training by taking away his opponents strengths. In this bout it would seem he just needs to stuff the take down and he will have his third win by decision. That will be my pick in this one as I see Nestor taking it by decision.

Main Event; Main Card Bout Number Five

Goran “Silberrucken” Padamalei (3-0) {2-0} versus Arturo “Thunder” Gatti (1-1) {1-0}

Goran is a competent boxer and wrestler who is currently on a three fight win streak and undefeated. Goran in this matchup is going to want to keep Gatti standing and trade punches with his, as he is the better boxer. Going to the ground in this bout might just cost Padamalei the fight. Gatti is a wonderful wrestler and a ground and pound specialist. Gatti got his only win with relentless ground and pound, and in his first fight showed his transition ability. Gatti is so much better on the ground than his opponent he may want to consider pulling guard if he has to. One thing is for sure if Gatti wants to win this fight he will have to do it from the ground. I am going to pick Goran “Silberrucken” Padamalei to win by TKO in the second round.

I am going to pick Maia to get Submission of the Night honors. Knockout of the Night I will be picking Padamalei, and for Fight or the Night I will go with Jan Jankowski versus Nestor “Toro” Gonzalez. Please remember if you agree or disagree with any of this I would like to hear about it on The Smack Talk Thread. All writings are owned by Barbarian Fight Club and may not be reused or reproduced without written expressed consent. I am Tony Rossi and please join us for our next preview.

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/40/40b15.jpg

Zachary White:

Round 2? Round 2? We didn't get past the first minute before he got hit with the ZAP. Give me Sudo and I can guarantee the only good his brown belt will have is with wiping his blood of his face. I am ready to dominate this division, are y'all bitches ready for the zap zap?!

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/40/40b15.jpg

Zachary White:

Round 2? Round 2? We didn't get past the first minute before he got hit with the ZAP. Give me Sudo and I can guarantee the only good his brown belt will have is with wiping his blood of his face. I am ready to dominate this division, are y'all bitches ready for the zap zap?!

Damn! That was an awesome fight by the way. Just so you know I picked white as an underdog upset pick, glad you came through buddy. Best of luck to you in the lightwieght division.

The five most importian things I feel that happened at Barbarian FIght Time-1. Please post your own top five or discuss what I think.

Number five: Five out of ten fights got a 100 percent fight rating

Number four: Patrick Mendes takes down White and then stands up, only to get knocked out.

Number three: Longbottom gets the sweep over the better ground fighter and is able to pound his way to a victory

Number two: Another sell out. THat is right all 1000 tickets where sold packing the house for a great event.

Number one: Clare submits the TWGC Gracie in the main event from the bottom

honarble mention: Birdwing's Head Kick KO (What a highlight reel finish)

Damn! That was an awesome fight by the way. Just so you know I picked white as an underdog upset pick, glad you came through buddy. Best of luck to you in the lightwieght division.

Thanks mate :) I have no idea what Mr Mendes was thinking standing up but damn did my fighter make him pay for it

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/10/10w2.jpg

Abraham Kurse

25 seconds... We give everything on training camps to fight as quickly as we can, stay healthy and go back asap. I want to fight soon and keep rising. I'm ready to submit everyone in the division. I heard that Thomas Dijkman or Nasty Murdock were available... What are you waiting for to set me up with any of those 2? Dijkman needs to leave the cage with a limb missing. Paiva's already looking for his arm. I've arrived.

Barbarian FC is making a statement and that is Fight Time is for real. On the first Fight Time we got to see Jared Gracie versus Dustin Clare, and now we get three fights that are main event worthy. In action we have Maia, Couture, Paul, Saintclair, Lepew, and Sierra plus many more. As always we will be brought to you by Mango Nutrition, and we will pack The Underground on January 22. Looking for yet another sell out so get your tickets as soon as possible.

Preliminary Bout Number One- Heavyweight Fight

Ernesto “La Muerte” El Angel (0-2) {0-1} versus Paulo “Paulinho” Vieira (1-1) {0-1}

Both of these Heavyweight fighters will be looking to pick up their first win in BFC. El Angel is a wrestler who will want to take this fight to the ground. From there he will need to watch out for the submission, but stay aggressive and look for every opportunity to do some damage with some ground and pound. Vieira is the better striker in this one and will want to stay off the ground. In his last bout he was knocked out early due to a series of wild punches that was countered. Vieira will want to take it a little easy in this one, and not get so wild. If he does El Angel will be able to take him down and get the win. I am going to pick Vieira to get a close win by TKO in the third round, but only if he can cool it down.

Preliminary Bout Number Two- Lightweight Fight

Daniel “Danny” Willians (0-2) {0-2} versus Diego “Nightmare” Rios (0-0) {0-0}

Typical boxer versus wrestler matchup in this one. Willians is a wonderful wrestler always looking for a little ground and pound action. In his first bout he took down a submission specialist and in his second bout got taken down by a submission fighter, at least in this one he will be the better ground fighter. He should be looking to get this fight to the ground as quickly as possible. Rios on the other hand is a Remarkable boxer as well as having some Muay Thai training. In his debut he will want to mix up the strikes to keep Willians off balance and prevent any take down attempt. This is a tuff call but I will pick Willians to get a close win. I think he will be able to ground and pound his way to victory in the second round.

Preliminary Bout Number Three- Bantamweight Fight

Tiago “Sensi” Andre (0-1) {0-0} versus Miralles “El Diablo” Cezar (0-2) {0-0}

Andre is the better standup guy in this bout, and will want to keep it standing. Keeping it standing will not guarantee a victory for him, because Cezar is not a bum in the striking game. Andre is a Muay Thai striker with some boxing back round and should look for head kicks at a distance, and when it gets up close and personal go for some dirty boxing in the clinch. Cezar will want to take this fight to the ground, even though he is only a blue belt in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu it’s still much better than Andre. Cezar can strike and should look to take control of the fight from anywhere he can. I believe Cezar will get the win in this fight by decision.

Preliminary Bout Number Four- Light Heavyweight Fight

Ray Nogueira (2-1) {1-0} versus Austin “Boss” Black (1-2) {0-2}

Nogueira is a strong boxer and holds a purple belt in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu. Knowing that Black has submitted in all of his losses Nogueira should be looking for any chance to get a submission. Black is a respectable wrestler and should be able to keep the fight standing, but that also might be a bad idea. Nogueira is the better fighter standing up or on the ground and should look to exploit everything he can. The only way “Boss” will be able to get a win in my opinion would be to get Nogueira on his back and hold him there for the entire fifteen minutes. I am going to pick Ray Nogueira to win this fight by submission in the first round.

Preliminary Bout Number Five- Heavyweight Fight

Rodrigo “One Hit KO” Tyson (2-2) {0-1} versus Matheus “The Legend Wild Killer” Lucas (0-0) {0-0}

Tyson is due for a win, or at least the way his record states its time for a win. Tyson won his first fight, lost his second, won his third, and then lost his BFC debut which was his fourth fight. All of his wins and losses have come by TKO so it would seem Tyson does not have a great chin. Tyson knows how to work the body so he does mix up his punches well. Lucas is making his professional debut in the fight world and will be looking to strike with the experienced boxer. Lucas is a wonderful Muay Thai striker and should mix in some head kicks to keep Tyson to the outside where his punches are a lot less effective. I would not suggest Lucas to clinch as Tyson does well in that department. It’s a tuff fight to call but I am going to take the boxer of the Muay Thai striker in this one. Tyson to win by KO in the first round.

Main Card Bout Number One- Middleweight Fight

Pit “Bulldog” Mies (4-1) {1-1} versus Damian “Dami” Silva (2-0) {1-0}

Mies is a wrestler with a brown belt in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu. Even though he is a brown belt it would seem that he would prefer to point out a victory rather than get a submission. In his five fights he is only averaging about three to four submission attempts per fight. Silva is also a wrestler and Brazilian Jiu Jitsu fighter all though he does not hold as high of a rank. The purple belt is averaging less submission attempts per fight, but only because he has needed less. Silva has attempted a total of three submissions in two fights, and has won both of his fights by submission. I am going to pick Silva to win this fight by submission in the first round, due to his ability to be more aggressive.

Main Card Bout Number Two- Light Heavyweight Fight

Daeron “Killer” Inglorion (2-0) {1-0} versus Roan Carneiro (5-2) {0-1}

Inglorion does not have the BJJ advantage as it is equal in this bout, but he does have the wrestling advantage. Having that may be enough to get the win on the ground and he will certainly need to try since he has no striking what so ever. Inglorion will certainly have a tuff time defending his undefeated record but if he does that could set him up with some big Light Heavyweight fights. Carneiro may have a brown belt in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu but I think he is going to want to try and turn this into a striking battle. Roan has the advantage standing up and should take control on the feet, while trying everything in his power to keep it standing. I do not believe he will keep it standing the entire time so I will pick Inglorion to win this bout by submission in the second round.

Main Card Bout Number Three- Lightweight Fight

Pepe “Warner” Lepew (2-0) {1-0} versus Kores “Mibon” Sierra (7-1) {2-0}

Almost any other event this is a main event, or at least a co-main event. This is a massive Lightweight fight featuring BFC’s number two and number four ranked Lightweights. The winner of this bout should end up getting the winner of White versus Sudo at Barbarian Fight Night-1. Lepew is a wonderful boxer and a respectable wrestler that is very aggressive in the clinch. His goal in this bout will be not only to avoid the takedown but to clinch it up and deliver as many shots to Sierra’s head as possible. The eight fight veteran Kores Sierra is a respectable wrestler as well, but he has a brown belt to back up that wrestling game. Sierra will want to get Lepew down quickly to avoid any sort of early damage and from there look for a submission. If he gets caught in Lepew’s clinch he should try to pull guard and finish from the bottom. Sierra has brought home OTN awards in both of his fights in the BFC and will want to pick up a third straight OTN award and win in BFC. I do not believe he will do this as I am picking Lepew to win by knockout in the first round.

Co-Main Event, Main Card Bout Number Four- Middleweight Fight

Dj Paul (4-0) {0-0} versus Andrei “Sapo” Saintclair (3-0) {2-0}

These are the two topped ranked Middleweights in BFC, and Saintclair has worked his butt off in BFC to only be number two. Paul is making his BFC debut as the number one Middleweight in BFC. Both of these fighters are brown belts in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu as well as having wrestling back rounds. Paul is the shorter fighter with a higher success rate in takedowns and submissions. This spells advantage Paul as the longer limbs of Saintclair will be easier to grab a hold of. Saintclair does have the big fight experience though as this will be Paul’s first fight outside of the QFC. This fight may be the hardest prediction I have ever had to make. I am going to pick Paul to win in a very close bout, I am going with a submission victory in the second round.

Main Event and Main Card Bout Number Five- Light Heavyweight Bout

Aderbal “Tapout” Maia (6-0) {2-0} versus Pedro Couture (2-0) {0-0}

Another classic ground versus stand up fighter bout, but this one promises to not leave the first round. Maia is six and zero with all of his wins coming by way of submission in the first round. Couture is two and zero with both wins coming by knockout in the first round. Both of these guys have some wrestling back round to add to their skill set. Maia has already fought in BFC and Couture is making his debut, a debuting win for Couture would turn the Light Heavyweight division upside down. Maia should have one clear goal in mind and that would be to get this fight to the ground, while Couture will be looking for the knockout before Maia even gets a chance to take him down. I think Maia will get the take down and quick submission in this one, and I think that submission will come in the first round.

Three huge fights a few more big fights and six fighters making their BFC debuts. For any of your nutritional needs please get to your closest Mango Nutrition provider. This has been Tony Rossi with another event preview. If you want to comment on any of this please drop a line on the Smack Talk thread. All writings are owned by BFC and may not be reproduced without written expressed consent.

• Upvote 1

I'm loving the way this org and write ups are set up. I'm taking notes for when it comes time to start my org.

Thumbs up

Thanks for the love man. If you do not have a fighter here get one over to BFC. It is a lot of fun, and I know Pedro wants more activity and you seem to be very fourm active. It would be a great addition to get such an active user.