Skenoj

Renan Barao vs. Urijah Faber – UFC 169
Chas Skelly vs. Maximo Blanco – UFC Fight Night 94
Uriah Hall vs. Dont Remember the Fuck Face - UFC Fight Night 94
Dustin Poirier vs. Eddie Alvarez – UFC 211
Jim Miller vs. Guida - UFC on ESPN 5

I DO see your point tho, PBR...

[video=youtube,BaUGI-ZVH5I]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BaUGI-ZVH5I
People say he wasnt completly out, still defending, still knee-shielding... Thus, good stoppage.

Well, lets remember Anthony Smith never stopped "smart defending" himself. Doesnt make Herzog reffing atroucious. IMHO this defending was worse than Smith's. Trinaldo stood up there looking at the ref, guy could have tried to transition to a better guard (lace the leg and go for half guard, SLX, [reverse] De la Riva, knee ride, whatever), instead he keeps there with his guard passed, just extending his arm... He was still dazed, so thats all he could do In all honesty, I'd rather see people bitch about "Herb Dean causing a fighter to lose bonus of the night" than "Herb Dean caused brain damage".

I like Dan Hardy but thought he overreacted. Being a ref in a thankless job. I think he did alright. Maybe a little late but not the end of the world. Shit happens. We have seen way worse with less controversy about it. (weidman vs Munoz was a bad one back in the day and I dont remember anyone even botherd about it)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YFhuUbKMhk

Exactly, wasnt THAT bad. I think maybe late, so I can understand the fuzz, but yeah there was worse...

And the more heat they put on the Ref, the worse the reffing will be... Dana does a really shit job putting more oil on the fire instead of help shielding the refs

• Upvote 1

I like Dan Hardy but thought he overreacted. Being a ref in a thankless job. I think he did alright. Maybe a little late but not the end of the world. Shit happens. We have seen way worse with less controversy about it. (weidman vs Munoz was a bad one back in the day and I dont remember anyone even botherd about it)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YFhuUbKMhk

Hardy is very close to Jai Herbert I think. His commentary during that fight was probably the most biased I have ever heard, it was a disgrace. His reaction with Herb was overstepping his place by a long way. AFter what I saw (and hardy's commentary in previous euro v US fights) Hardy should be booted

Hardy is very close to Jai Herbert I think. His commentary during that fight was probably the most biased I have ever heard, it was a disgrace. His reaction with Herb was overstepping his place by a long way. AFter what I saw (and hardy's commentary in previous euro v US fights) Hardy should be booted

Have you ever heard mr. Francisco Santos Mir III commentate the fights of his favorite fighter, Miguel Torres?

I thought it was a garbage stoppage and thought that Hardy reacted in a very understandable and human way. Herb Dean is insanely overrated as a ref, especially over the last 5 or so years.

• Upvote 1

Have you ever heard mr. Francisco Santos Mir III commentate the fights of his favorite fighter, Miguel Torres?

I thought it was a garbage stoppage and thought that Hardy reacted in a very understandable and human way. Herb Dean is insanely overrated as a ref, especially over the last 5 or so years.

did you listen to the commentary? My point is not that the stoppage wasnt late but Hardy's reaction was totally unprofessional and when you listen to the commentary it is obvious why. When watching before even getting to the ko we were all saying wtf is hardy herberts corner or something

Late stoppage but not terrible, sure as shit if he jumped in earlier he would be getting roasted on social media just the same

did you listen to the commentary? My point is not that the stoppage wasnt late but Hardy's reaction was totally unprofessional and when you listen to the commentary it is obvious why. When watching before even getting to the ko we were all saying wtf is hardy herberts corner or something

Late stoppage but not terrible, sure as shit if he jumped in earlier he would be getting roasted on social media just the same

I listened to his commentary, yes. Imo MMA commentators in general are insanely biased. Hardy's commentary in this fight wasn't the worst I've heard. I guess I've just come to expect MMA commentary to suck.

I listened to his commentary, yes. Imo MMA commentators in general are insanely biased. Hardy's commentary in this fight wasn't the worst I've heard. I guess I've just come to expect MMA commentary to suck.

You have yet to watch Brazil hosts' commentary. Its SO bad I actually think Hardy does a great job.

The referee has a job not many of us can envy.

If he stops it too early => shit referee
If he stops it too late => shit referee

If he stops it on time => subjective and always going to be people yelling that it was a bullshit stoppage

For this particilar fight, I personally found Hardy his reaction a disgrace and the UFC should really have a talk to him about it.

It is easy for him to judge the referee from the sidelines, and even easier to call bullshit afterwards.

He could just have talked to Herb after the fight backstage and voice his opinion like an adult.

Perhaps it is time for Hardy to realise that he is not the referee and he thinks that he could do better, let him learn the ropes and give it a go.
Honestly, Hardy lost more face value than Herb in this situation and rightfully so.

Herb doesn't stop fights early, he has recently watched over some huge beatdowns.

In my opinion, I'd rather see a fight stopped early than late. The fighter stopped early can have a rematch or recover his career. Fight stopped late might change a fighter for the worse. I personally think Weidman was never the same after the Rockhold fight where Herb let him be a warrior. His reactions to strikes and ability to take them look worse than they did pre-Rockhold.

Dan Hardy did go over the line, but lets not act like Herb is this super nice guy with no ego. He has never admitted he stopped a fight late, and continued to justify his stoppage here, which I think was pretty terrible. If a fighter can hover over the other for 5 seconds waiting for your hesitant decision and the opponent does nothing to improve their position, it is a bad non-stoppage. His reaction looks more like fencing than any "intelligent defense", especially since even after hesitating for 5 seconds Trinaldo finished him the second he started punching again. Every ref I've seen has said it was on the late side including Yamasaki lol.

• Upvote 1

You guys see that dude get disqualified for pushing the ref after winning the fight by choke and not releasing the hold in Abu Dubai?

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2020/7/31/21349821/video-fighter-tries-test-referee-marc-goddard-gets-dq-uae-warriors-ahmad-al-darmaki-mma-news

You guys see that dude get disqualified for pushing the ref after winning the fight by choke and not releasing the hold in Abu Dubai?

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2020/7/31/21349821/video-fighter-tries-test-referee-marc-goddard-gets-dq-uae-warriors-ahmad-al-darmaki-mma-news

Yeah. Not as bad as Rousimar Palhares, but still dick

Herb doesn't stop fights early, he has recently watched over some huge beatdowns.

In my opinion, I'd rather see a fight stopped early than late. The fighter stopped early can have a rematch or recover his career. Fight stopped late might change a fighter for the worse. I personally think Weidman was never the same after the Rockhold fight where Herb let him be a warrior. His reactions to strikes and ability to take them look worse than they did pre-Rockhold.

disagree with Weidman not being the same after the beat down. Weidman just wasn't as good as he thought. He bought into his own hype machine imo. He never had elite striking, he beat an old aging and well protected Anderson Silva.

Weidman was always gonna be vulnerable if he thought he was a kick boxer after the Silva fight without vastly stepping up their game, and usually you dont see fighters evolve after becoming champ. some do but most, at best they maintain.