Starting a fight org.

This is something i wrote like 6 months ago, and that i shared only with my alliance mates... It's still imcomplete (and will stay imcomplete, as i'm a lazy motherfucker) but hopefully it'll help the ones that are new to the org business - maybe it's been done before, maybe some things are inacurate cuz the game has changed since - I'm not saying that the guide gives you the best way to run an org (there are better org owners than me in the game), but this is how i work, and i think it will help those with little expereience in the matter - Also, please note that english isn't my first language :)

---> i wasn't aware of the existence of TYCOON TOOLS at the time, so some parts of this guide are unecessary, i suggest you use TYCOON TOOLS to calculate the advertising & free tickets values ---> http://tycoontools.com/

----------------------------------------------------

-FIRST, SOME IMPORTANTS TIPS !

1-Maybe the most important thing to know : In the calculation of the event rating, the main event counts TEN TIMES more than a regular fight, and the co-main event counts FIVE TIMES more than a regular fight...

So feel free to "fill" your undercard (the 8 fights before the CME) with low hyped (and low paid^^) fighters, as it will have little impact on the event rating... also, don't waste your most hyped fighters on the undercard!

2-Always check everything 3 to 4 days before an event! it takes 10 minutes, and will save you a lot of troubles : just open the profile page of every of the 20 fighters who will be participating in your upcoming event, and make sure that :

-They're gonna be able to make the weight cut.

-They're on the right location.

If you notice that something is wrong soon enough, you should have enough time to contact the manager so that he can fix the problem. Before my Jan.19th event, i notice that a welterweight was 3 or 4 pounds over 170lbs, i e-mailed the manager and explained to him that his guy needed to rest for the fight to happen. The no-contest was avoided, the event rating was 83.07 - It would have been 50 or 60 with a NC...

3-DO NOT HESITATE TO CONTACT MIKE TYCOON! Forgot to check that goddamn "title fight" box? A manager has gone inactive and his fighter won't make weight for a fight, causing a non-contest? Contact Mike Tycoon! he always arranged those problems for me in the past... so don't sit there if you know that there's gonna be a no-contest that will kill your event!

4-Need to see the exact hype & pop values of a fighter? With internet explorer, use the SOURCE command in the VIEW menu. Then search (ctrl+f) "hype", the value should be a little below. (e.g. for my fighter Dwayne Hicks, you should see a value close to 11.2501 ; that means that his hype is 112.5.) That also works for a company's hype, and you'll need that tip to see your org's evolution.

-NOW, LET'S GET TO THE DETAILS ! :

-1-MONEY :

I started KOF (my 1st org) with a 50k loan, and i started Brutal Deluxe with close to 400k... and it didn't make much of a difference. Of course, my 4th BDX event had a rating only my 15th or 20th KOF event made, but i'm still loosing money with every of my BDX event, a thing that never happened to me running KOF... and i was inexperienced at the time!

Bottom line is, you don't need hundreds of G's to start, and trying to get big asap won't necessarily be easy.

-2-SIGNING FIGHTERS : miscelanous pointers, out the top of my head :

-Avoid fighters who's manager is in the game since less than 10 or 15 days : 80% of them will quit the game after a few days.

-Avoid fighters with awesome skills and no hype : you obviously can't match them with fighters with a similar hype but no skills, and if you match them against hyped opponent there's a good chance that the opponent's manager won't accept the fight (If "high-hype" fighter A loses to "no hype" fighter B, fighter A will loose all of his hype) That also applies to long-project fighters, they have great skills, they're 0-0, they have no hype... nobody wants to fight them.

-A little more chance of getting exciting fights/events : when signing noob fighters, always look for the "Wonderful boxing / poor everything else" type. Watch out for the guys with wonderful MT, most of them will spend all of their fight in the clinch, resulting in poor fight rating.

-Before sending a contract offer, look at the manager : see if he's had a lot of no-contests, if he releases fighters often, if he's in the game for long... When in doubt, send a 2-fights only contract with a low signing bonus. You won't loose much if the fighters becomes a FA, if the managers becomes MIA, or if you need to release him before the end of the contract because he turns down every fight.

-More things we can learn about managers profiles :a manager with historical records of 50W-40L means that he accept every fight, you want to sign his guys :) If the manager is 50W-5L, it can mean that he's skilled, but it can also mean that he declines fights he isn't 90% sure to win...

-3-VENUES / TCIKETS PRICE / ADVERTISEMENT / FILLING THOSE SEATS :

-Don't bother thinking too much about the ticket price, JUST SET IT TO HIGH ($100) for all of your events. If 1000 people are ready to spend $50 on a ticket, that means that 500 people will spend $100... so that's exactly the same thing. If you're always at $100, that will make future calculations easier.

-Evaluating how much people will buy tickets is very important, as you're gonna need to give free tickets to fill the empty seats (every person who didn't paid for his ticket will still spend $5 in merchandising, and having too many empty seats is not good for the event rating). Since we threw the ticket price matter out of the way, 3 main factors will affect how much tickets you will sell:

a)Popularity of the fighters involved in the main & co-main event (the other fights' importance in the matter are almost irrelevent)

b)Money spent on advertising : you can adjust that after seeing c)

c)Your org's hype fluctuation between the last event and the one before : Let us say that your org hype was 80 after your event "XXX-3", and it went to 100 after your event "XXX-4", you can assume that you'll be able to sell 20% more tickets for your next event "XXX-5" (unless of course the fighters involved in this next event are much more (or much less) popular than those from the previous one) Let's take a practical example :

*Org hype before XXX-4 = 80.0

*XXX-4 : 500 tickets sold, $2000 spent on advertising

*Org hype after XXX-4 = 100.0

--->So you should more or less sell 600 tickets for your next event with the same 2k on advertising - In that case (let's say we're talking about a 1000 seats venue) I would try to spend a little more on advertising, and give away 300 free tickets.

d) It may seems strange to say, and i could be the only crazy person in this game to think so, but having a sold out venue is actually not a good thing ! Let me explain myself : for a venue of 1000 seats, if you sold 990 tickets, you know what you can sell. If you sold 1000 tickets, who knows how much more you could have sold : 1010? 1300? you won't be able to know how much tickets you'll sell next time.

e) I already said it above, but remember that people with free tickets will still buy $5 woth of merchandising. So if your venue is entirely filled, you'll get back half of the money you spent booking that venue (1 seat = $10). If you can afford it, don't be affraid to book bigger venues! If you make sure to give enough free tickets it's not that big of a risk - You may earn less, but your event and org rating will blow up, wich means that you'll sell more ticket with the next events...

-4-ROSTER SIZE / BUILDING THE NEXT BIG THING :

I'm not saying this is the best way to do it, but what i advise to do at first is sign EVERY FIGHTER YOU CAN, and hold as much events as you can, that'll bring you a lot of money (don't seek to hold killer events at this point, just earn), and above all it'll develop the hype and popularity of your fighters.

...Once the smoke clears and the org reaches a certain level, this is when the 2nd step occurs : Don't renew the contract of the least hyped fighters (I cut almost half of my roster with KOF after 30 or 40 events), keep the best ones, hold only one event a week, use the money you earned to sign exclusively great fighters, book bigger arenas... you org hype will then quickly become higher and higher.

-Now a very important thing : WATCH EVERY WEEK IF OTHER ORGS IN YOUR CITY ARE GONNA CLOSE SOON! There are a lot of things that you can do to improve your org's hype and ranking, but the giant step forward will be taken when you've managed to sign half of the top 20 of a just defunct org :) The sooner you realize that an org is gonna close the better : Contact the managers of the fighters still under contract and negociate like a motherfucker! (be a gentleman, ask the org owner if he's ok with you contacting those guys, since he's closing he won't care) If we're talking about a lesser org there will only be a few interesting fighters to snatch, but if the city's #1 org closes and you've got a few hundreds $ in your account, you've hit the jackot:) My previous org didn't move from the world's top ten until it closes and it's not because i'm the most skilled org owner in the game : i just had the luck to realize before everyone else the future closing of two big orgs in Tokyo, and i had the money to offer big contracts to the city's best fighters... that's when my org really became something. See PFL now in Tokyo : Jus Dawg signed half the KOF roster when it closed, and his org is worldwide top 10 since then.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

-3-VENUES / TCIKETS PRICE / ADVERTISEMENT / FILLING THOSE SEATS :

-Don't bother thinking too much about the ticket price, JUST SET IT TO HIGH ($100) for all of your events.

This is wrong and has cost me a lot of money, always, ALWAYS put it on premium, that way youre always getting maximized profits off your gate.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Thvel, this is when the 2nd step occurs : Don't renew the contract of the least hyped fighters (I cut almost half of my roster with KOF after 30 or 40 events), keep the best ones,

Yeah i very against this.Yous should always stay loyal to your fighters no matter how bad there record is .It up to there manager when they what to retire or to cut then .If there hype drop like a stone cut there wages if you think there over payed but keep on to then.It always handie to a have a couple of journyman that will take fights at late notice

• Like 1

Yeah i very against this.Yous should always stay loyal to your fighters no matter how bad there record is .It up to there manager when they what to retire or to cut then .If there hype drop like a stone cut there wages if you think there over payed but keep on to then.It always handie to a have a couple of journyman that will take fights at late notice

What's the point of paying cash to a guy who comes to a fight with 0 energy, 0 morale, never won a fight and fights fights which have 10% Fight rating

What's the point of paying cash to a guy who comes to a fight with 0 energy, 0 morale, never won a fight and fights fights which have 10% Fight rating

No point. If you want your org to be good, you have to make good fights - think of it like in real life, because you would never buy tickets to watch 2 (0-5) guys walk around and fight like two drunk bums in the backyard of a club :)