WOODLEY VS. BURNS 200k bet

Skenoj

I’m just glad you created this post, I had no idea there was an event.

• Upvote 2

So you’re saying he loses this fight? How do you see the fight going Karter, curious..

I’d love for what you said to be true lol

Unless Woodley remembers how to kick and wrestle, I expect Gilbert is to fuck him up and win all 3 rounds. If it's a 5 rounder, could get interesting in the 4th and 5th.

imo...

T-Wood's portrayal of confidence is compensation for being an insecure human being. Can't recall a fight where it was going unfavorably and he turned it around. He's like the definition of how a low confidence fighter in mmatycoon works. He would rather go out like Khalib Starnes than Nico Price or Rory MacDonald.

• Upvote 3

Unless Woodley remembers how to kick and wrestle, I expect Gilbert is to fuck him up and win all 3 rounds. If it's a 5 rounder, could get interesting in the 4th and 5th.

imo...

T-Wood's portrayal of confidence is compensation for being an insecure human being. Can't recall a fight where it was going unfavorably and he turned it around. He's like the definition of how a low confidence fighter in mmatycoon works. He would rather go out like Khalib Starnes than Nico Price or Rory MacDonald.

Respect to that Karter, I get what you mean, for sure.

I’ve never been a Woodley fan and I’ve always like Burns because we have the same last name in RL.

I can’t remember the last fight I actually wanted Woodley to win, but in a 5 rounder which was what I thought it was for sure, I can’t see Woodley losing. If it’s a 3 round fight a whole different story you’re right.

Woodley just always kind of proved me wrong, hate to admit it but I was about as happy as someone could be when Usman took his belt finally.

I like Woodley as a person but Gilbert is more of an entertaining fighter. I hope Gilbert stops him so we can have freshmatchups at 170.

I do agree with that last part. If Burns wins, new interesting fights are possible at 170.

However, not sure why people seem to favor Burns his odds. Woodley has this one in the bag I think. Burns is a tiny bit too reckless in the standup and does not have an overall amazing enough standup game to get away with that against a guy like Woodley.

Woodley is 38. Burns is hungry and should bully him unless Woodley remembers that he's a wrestler not a boxer.

If Woodley is playing mind games by saying Burns is a stepping stone, good for him, long as he takes him very seriously. If he really thinks Burns is a stepping stone he's probably gonna get embarrassed as soon as he realizes the stone doesn't want to be stepped on and it hits back.

Imo... I could be wrong and T-wood could come out light world on fire and look phenomenal, when have KO power just takes one early punch to look like God, but I really think T-wood is going to fold soon as things start going against him and he will go into "don't let them put you on their highlight reel" mode.

• Upvote 1

Right, Tyron Woodley is a counter right hand waiting to happen. However that is the thing he always waits for it to happen. If he used his other weapons on the feet more often like his powerful leg kicks or developed a stiff jab he would be more fun to watch. I don't want him to win because he will rally to rematch Usman and know one wants to see that snoozefest. However the UFC apex as a small arena is the x factor. I think T wood wins by TKO (strikes).

This would be my analysis...

Tyron is 1 big punch away from taking control of the fight in the first round. As long as they play tic for tac, Woodley will stay in it and should edge a decision off technique (I like Woodleys jab and straight > Gilbert's, same w leg kick) and athleticism (faster, stronger) but if it turns into a fight, advantage Burns and if T-Wood gets hurt or clipped he will retreat and be timid for rest of the fight.

If Tyron opens with or lands big leg kicks early to keep Burns from pressing the action and overwhelming him w/ aggression, he should be ok if he does a lot of damage to leg early.

That said, Tyron is who he is and he isn't going to change his game or get any better, and Burns has vastly been improving his striking since getting into UFC. Not saying we will, but we could see an evolved Burns, and imo we've seen the best of Woodley. You see it a lot w/ grapplers. TJ, Cejudo, DC, list goes on of grapplers who turn into pretty damn good strikers & not just "big power" Henderson, Hendricks style. Rarely you see strikers turn into Matt Hughes.

Best of Woodley was a beast but the game evolves and styles make fights, and much like you see with all sports, money changes everything.

The hungrier fighter is more motivated and I put my money on Burns beating his ass, because I don't feel like the talent discrepancy is much of a gap if a gap at all.

• Upvote 1