Hardcore - Official Smack Talk Thread

Bleakardor

He is the best prospect I had. A combination of granite chin, 135+ confidence,

122 IQ, and above average power and lastly 7+ learning speed. Thanks Bjorn! And Django I thought it was a 50/50 fight because I know Vernon Wells has titanium fists and could put the lights out of ADJ in the first round if I wasn't too careful. Can't wait for the rematch in the future :)

• Upvote 1

122 IQ, and above average power and lastly 7+ learning speed. Thanks Bjorn! And Django I thought it was a 50/50 fight because I know Vernon Wells has titanium fists and could put the lights out of ADJ in the first round if I wasn't too careful. Can't wait for the rematch in the future :)

I was honestly shocked when I saw him being the champ in Bizi his division.

Bizi looks forward to the huge challenge one day, hopefully sooner than later ;)

• Upvote 2

It was a 50/50 fight until Vernon had to grab his crotch in pain. He needed a special massage after the fight...still walking a bit bow legged.

Just having a little fun :) It was a great fight and I knew we were in trouble when your guy wouldn't go down in the first round. Good job by you avoiding too many hits. You've got a very, very nice fighter there, he'll be fighting at the next level for big money real soon. He's got the rare combination of skills every manager waits for.

Vernon on the other hand is something of a dullard...91 IQ and somewhat slow learning new skills. He was left on the scrap heap after losing his first fight. Turns out he makes enough to live a simple life in a small house in the suburbs. He's meatloaf and mash, not surf and turf.

Best of luck with your guy in the big time, he's special. If there is another fight though, for sure Vern will be wearing a steel cup :)

• Upvote 3

HFC 30 - Wanker vs Curtis

Hello Hardcore MMA fans! We have an exciting event coming up tonight and due to taking the day off for medical reasons, I will be able to do a last minute write-up for this event. I am under the influence of pain killers, so we'll keep this short and hopefully entertaining. As usual, Harley Blaze will be joining me to give his picks for the fights.

Without any further delay, lets jump right into the action!

Main Event:

Massive Wanker (9-0) vs Matt Curtis (8-2) (Super Heavyweight Title)

Our defending champ, Massive Wanker, comes into this fight having taken out former HFC champ Doug Slugs in his HFC debut in a unification bout of the Madness and HFC championships. Earning HoF honors at Madness MMA, Wanker showed the HFC world what he's all about, and that he's here to stay. As impressive a win streak as we've seen, at 9-0, Wanker is sitting high and just waiting for someone to step up for him to add to his impressive resume.

Matt Curtis comes into this fight in search of his shot at glory. He started his career off on the island where he displayed some highlight reel knock out's and a quick 5-0 record before finally losing in round 3 of the season 10 final tournament to Paul Kruger via submission. He suffered his second consecutive loss in his Madness Debut against Mr. Large, but has since gotten back to his winning ways. Since the merger, Curtis has been active and has back to back victories against Falcon and Hugbergsson, both by highlight reel KO, his last earning him KO otN honors. He will be looking to bring this same intensity as he squares off against Wanker in our main event tonight.

Blaze "When I first saw this fight, I was like.. oh, another easy win for Wanker. The man in a beast! But when we break down the fight, it's not as one sided as it appears on the surface. Wankers bread and butter is his ground game, but if you look back at some legendary strikers, such as Chuck Liddell, you'll know that all it takes is one good strike from someone with natural KO power, and that Curtis has for sure! SO it's pretty simple here.. if the fight goes to the ground, Wanker will walk away 10-0. But if Curtis can land the right shot, he may find himself holding up the gold and dancing around the cage."

Prediction: And still...... Wanker wins via submission round 1.

Co-Main Event:

Slash Slingin (11-2) vs Luis Pinto (6-3)

Slash Slinging was a man on a mission and he successfully reached the championship and everyone in the division knew who he was, and nobody seemed to want a part of him. After coming over from Madness, he mowed through the top contenders and even took out the longest tenured champion HFC has ever had in Samuel Rodrigues. Unfortunately, his championship run was short lived as in his first title defense against Tai Kung, he was beaten at his own game and lost via decision.

Slash is now looking for redemption by jumping back into the win column where he belongs in hopes of working his way back to another championship shot to avenge his recent defeat at the hands of Tai Kung. Rumors have come from Slash's camp that he may be searching for a new manager after this fight, I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Luis Pinto will be the man standing in the way of Slash's road to recovery. When you look at his skills on paper, it looks as if Slash would be the favored to win this fight, but Pinto is riding a 4 fight win streak and won't let other's opinions stop him from his run at the top. If he wins this fight, he establishes himself as a contender and is within smelling distance of that sweat soaked leather strap that holds the gold to represent the champ. Slash wants it back, Pinto wants a crack, this fight will come down to who wants it more.

Blaze "No disrespect to Pinto, but I just don't see Slash losing this fight. He's proven himself to be a very talented fighter and has taken out some big names in both Madness and HFC. I mean, he's the only man to ever take out Rodrigues, and he's already a legend at HFC. Pinto has his work cut out for him, but I just don't see it happening."

Prediction: Slinging wins via submission (armbar) in the first round.

Main Cards:

Jaycen Solo (8-5) vs Bruce Vanorden (7-3)

Jaycen Solo comes into this fight on a bit of a bumpy stretch. He's had some marquee wins in his career, but lacks the consistency to put together a serious run and challenge for the gold. He did have a shot back in SMASH against Bizi, but lost that one and never has found himself within striking distance of the gold again... until now.

He enters an eight man tournament that will ultimately decide the champ for the recently vacated Light Heavyweight championship. He is a very intelligent fighter, but his training has never gotten him to where he needs to be to stay on top. A recent change in coaching he hopes will turn things around as he looks to utilize new strategies and find a way to get back on top.

His opponent, Vanorden, was on top of the world and riding high for a while. Vanorden started his career off with a 6-0 record and held the championship belt at SMASH. After the merger, however, he lost his title to Aaron Wolf who left the org instead of defending his belt. Vanorden took a fight offer for another title shot over at WolfPack, losing that one to Koskinen. He underwent a manager change before stepping back into the HFC cage against Dro Qanar, but it didn't help as he lost that one via decision. After losing 3 fights in a row, Vanorden was able to bounce back and finally get back into the win column against Jean Lucroy back at HFC KO 6. Now, squaring off against Solo, he has a shot to continue his win streak and possibly work his way back to a title shot here in HFC.

Blaze "This is a very tough on to predict. Just from looking at fight history and training, I would have to give the edge to Vanorden. He's been a champ, he's had some huge fights, and he knows how to win. I don't know what happened during that 3 fight losing streak, but he snapped it and has a chance to get back to greatness. But that 3 fight losing streak is what concerns me. Solo has some losses, but he doesn't lose back to back. He's been consistently inconsistent, but Vanorden it's hard to tell. He could be the fighter of old and pop off a flashy KO victory and be a threat in this tournament.. Or, he could come out and get dominated by Solo. This is a tough one, but I can't get over the 3 consecutive L's."

Prediction "Solo wins via TKO (GnP) in round 2"

Ko Van Den Born (4-1) vs Dillon Van Barle (6-1)

Ko has not seen a lot of action in the cage, but he's proven that he's an exceptional striker but no slouch on the ground. He's popped off three strait victories under the new management of Andy Down, and doesn't look like he plans on slowing down. Under the guidance of Down, he's beaten the likes of Godwin and Davidson in Madness, and McGuire in his HFC debut. But this looks like it could be his toughest challenge to date as he faces Dillon Van Barle who's been making a name for himself here in HFC and is considered by many to be the favorite to win this fight.

Van Barle is every bit the MT expert that Van Den Born is, but has a significant disadvantage in all other aspects of his game. Other than his loss to Martin Alexander back at HFC 15, he's been flawless in the cage. His most notable victory to date was probably his tournament win against Tashiro Sugawara to win the tournament pre-SMASH merger. He will no doubt be looking to build on his current win streak and put Van Den Born in the rear view as he continues his HFC career.

Blaze "The battle of the VANS, eh? Well J.W., I don't just look at records. I like to look at skills, training, fight history, strength of those fights, and honestly, I don't see Van Barle winning this one. Van Den Born is nasty man, the guys a killer. He hasn't fought as often as Barle, but he's been a machine in those fights. I have to give this one to Ko for sure."

Prediction: Ko Van Den Born wins via TKO in round 2.

Undercards:

Simeoni Jukolo (6-2) vs Shamus Murphy (5-2)

Prediction: Jukola wins via KO in round 1 (because Murphy only does half a job)

Henri Kirchen (5-3) vs Nick Rodriguez (3-0)

Prediction: Rodriguez wins via decision (due to Kirchen's lower morale)

Forky Fork (3-3) vs Bjj Catch Wrestler (7-5)

Prediction: Fork wins via decision (due to Wrestlers's lower Morale)

Viktor Babinski (1-3) vs Sergey Telegin (3-1)

Prediction: Babinski wins via KO round 2.

Kirill Semenov (6-5) vs Kuuri Sando (3-6)

Prediction: Semenov wins via TKO round 3.

Cadderly Bonaduce (2-2) vs John Bessant (10-7)

Prediction: Bessant wins via KO round 2.

• Upvote 9
  • Downvote 1

HFC 31 - Tai Kung vs Yazzie Motts vs Ferreria

Event Preview

J.W. Hardman with Blaze's picks.

Welcome to HFC 31 - Motts vs Ferreria! Yes, Motts vs Ferreria, not Tai Kung vs Yazzie. It's a very sad moment, but our champ has gone MIA, a common theme as we deal with this pandemic around the world. Unfortunately, the name of the event wasn't changed due to waiting until the last moment in hopes to see Tai Kung back to defend his newly acquired belt. But despite the loss of that fight, this is still a loaded card stacked with talent. We have some very significant fights coming up, a championship bout, several contender bouts, and some fights between less experienced fighters who have shown they may be diamonds in the rough and ready to burst onto the scene!

So lets jump right into the action and break down a few of these fights and get Harley's picks on them!

Main Event:

http://mmatycoon.com/gallery/35/35w14.jpg Vs http://mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/14505198565277.png

Gregory Motts (10-2) vs Alex Ferreria (9-2) Heavyweight

In our main event of the evening, we have Gregory Motts coming off a very impressive win over highly ranked Ken Jiro at HFC 26 - Independence Day. Motts, now on a 3 fight win streak over some very talented competition, finds himself as a title contender and battling for rank among the contenders. Similar fighting style to Jiro, Motts is an exceptional boxer and wrestler. He's a very difficult man to take down, and he hits like a mack truck. He'll be looking to keep this fight standing against Ferreria and beat him into submission to show that he's worthy of a shot at the belt.

Ferreria won't have a problem keeping this fight standing and slugging it out as he's also a very similar fighting style to that of Motts. Also an exceptional wrestler, Ferreria has a slight edge over Motts in his boxing skills, and I do mean slight. Ferreria has championship experience as a champion at S.A.F.O. as well as Madness. He lost back to back fights to end his Madness career, but has bounced back in a big way since the HFC merger with two back to back wins over Whata Hitson and former champion, Lynch Boshank. He's lined himself up to be in a position to challenge for the belt with a win here tonight against Motts.

This is going to be one hell of a fight, ladies and gentlemen, so strap yourselves in and wait for the fireworks.

Blaze "Man, I have been waiting for this card for weeks, and this fight being one of the main reasons why. Motts just took out my boy Jiro like it was an everyday sparring session. And Jiro is a beast, two time champion and best P4P fighter in weight class on the island season 10. So to come in and walk through him told the rest of us that he's ready to go, his time is now. So to see him go against Ferreria who's been on a nasty streak in his last two fights, and we've seen him go on these long win streaks before, you know you're in for a bloody war. I don't see quit in either of these fighters, and they are practically mirror images of one another. I'm completely torn on who my pick would be. Alex is a beast, but I just watched Motts slay a dragon. But when I take into account everything from training, ranking, fight history and management, I'll have to give my nod to....."

Prediction: Alex Ferreria wins via TKO (strikes) in round 2

Co-Main Event:

http://mmatycoon.com/gallery/12/12b1.jpg Vs http://mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/15605100191242.jpg

Jewel Diaz (8-1-1) vs Marcello Sosa (8-1-1) Featherweight Title Fight

Diaz left the HFC last year as the current 155 champion during the SMASH and HFC merger. After a stint in Madness, and having lost his title shot against Ryan Rodriguez and then coming up with a draw against Pinero Chai, Diaz took a step back for a bit. He and manager Hei Long King parted ways and Diaz, under new management, signed back on with HFC. In his HFC debut, he showed off his prowess with a dominant first round TKO victory over former champ Daniel Barbosa. Diaz had earned himself a title shot against then current champ, Deshawn West. But after a stint of inactivity by our champ do to undisclosed reasons, West was forced to abandon the 145 belt, leaving Diaz without his title shot.

Now, with a challenger worthy of title contention, Diaz will have his title fight for the new HFC Featherweight title.

His opponent, Marcello Sosa, will be coming into this fight with the same championship aspirations at the front of his thoughts. Riding a four fight win streak, Sosa is red hot right now and under the management of the renown Kris Carter, we can expect he will be ready for this one. Sosa is a fighter who knows how to win and knows how to score with the judges, winning the majority of his fights by way of decision. He has shown the ability to finish with four TKO victories, but he's a very technical fighter who will capitalize on your mistakes over and again.

This fight has the makings of an absolute war, I'm fairly confident that Sosa will keep this fight standing, so the biggest X factor in this bout may just be what kind of strategy Diaz deploys and how Sosa can adapt or predict it. If this fight stays standing, I believe Sosa has the edge, but should it go to the ground, Diaz has proven he's capable of getting the job done on the ground giving him the edge.

Harley, your thoughts?

Blaze "Man, as I said, there were a few fights that I was waiting for, and this is one of them also. The other being the title main event that got scrapped when current champ Tai Kung went inactive, but that's neither here nor there. This is a match where both of these guys are excellent strikers, but Diaz took to doing some ground training and working on other aspects of his game where Sosa honed in his striking skills a little more before working on other areas. So this isn't the typical ground vs standing fight, since both of these men can stand and bang it out. But there is a clear edge on the ground for Diaz if he can take it there. Sosa isn't an easy man to take down, so that's where I see this fight hinging. I can't see a world where Diaz decides to stand and bang with Sosa when his only true advantage is on the ground. So I see Diaz going all out to get this fight on the ground, because if he does, I think he walks away with his hands raised high. If this happens, it would be a historic moment for Diaz to retain his once held gold, but also be his manager Benjamin Hale's first championship gold and over a very well known, likely one day HoF manager, Karter."

Prediction: Jewel Diaz wins via TKO (GnP) in round 3. And new....

Main Cards:

Dro Qanar (8-3) vs Ralph McGuire (6-2) Light Heavyweight

Dro Qanar comes into this fight possibly feeling cheated. In his last fight, he lost his title shot against Felix Silva, only to see Silva go MIA and forfeit his title. Qanar was on an impressive 5 fiht win streak over opponents such as Vanorden, Solo, Davidson.. Solo and Vanorden battled it out last night in a tournament towards the gold, and so Qanar will be taking on McGuire tonight for his shot at advancing in the tournament.

Qanar, an assassin on the ground, will be looking to show McGuire, and the rest of the HFC universe, that he's the man to beat in this tournament. Silva is not around to do anything about it, so Qanar is on his quest for the gold again. Q's Quest, we'll call it...

Standing across from him will be Ralph McGuire who's a very well rounded solid fighter. He's earned 3 KO of the night awards to date, as well as one Fight otN awards. This is impressive winning 4 OTN awards in 8 fights.

Ralph would have been a much higher seed in this tournament riding his 3 fight win streak, but in his previous fight a loss to rising star Ko Van Den Born in his HFC debut dropped his seeding. There's no secret he will be looking for the KO in this one, looking to avoid going to the ground where Qanar is as deadly as they come. Having the clear advantage standing, look for McGuire to capitalize on his striking to take out Qanar early, ending Q's Quest here and now.

Harley, do you think the ground wins again in this one, or does the striker give us another KO otN nomination?

Blaze "Man, you know I love my KO's, but Qanar is something special to watch on the ground. He almost reminds me of a Samuel Rodrigues when he gets into his transitions from sub to sub. But he's not Rodrigues, which in this case may be better for him as he'll have a better chance of staying alive while standing against McGuire. In this one, I'll have to give my nod to...."

Prediction: McGuire wins via KO round 2.

Antonio Nagashima (8-4) vs Mankar Camoran (8-4) Heavyweight

In this heavyweight matchup, and final main card of the evening (and trust me, several of these fights could have taken this slot, it was very close) we see Antonio Nagashima taking on Mankar Camoran.

Nagashima is an interesting fighter with a very solid skill set. He's a very good MT fighter, but also holds a brown belt in BJJ. Sort of reminds me of a Anderson Silva in the makings. He's earned two Sub otN and FotN awards, leaving no doubt this man knows how to put on a show.

Unfortunately, he's lost his last two fights, a title shot against Massive Wanker, where the champ shocked the world with a KO in a fight that everyone expected to go to the ground. Prior to that, however, he had a huge win over Gregory Motts who now finds himself in title contention, so this fight tonight against Camoran is a very pivotal fight for Nagashima.

With a loss, Nagashima will be outside looking in and trying to figure out how to rebound to get back to a shot at the gold. With what would be an 8-5 record, and having lost 4 of his last 5, it would be a career defining moment. However, with a win, he will bounce back and be right on the cusp of challenging for a contenders spot. Going 2-2 over your last four fights is much better than 1-3, and with an opponent like Camoran, who's in a similar situation, the moment could be exactly what Nagashima needs to get there.

Now if his opponent, Mankar Camoran, has anything to say about it, this fight will have a very different ending than that of what Nagashima is dreaming of. Just like Nagashima, Camoran has an 8-4 record and coming off back to back losses. Looking at the fight history, these guys have fought several of the same fighters, having lost to the same guys, with the exception of Motts. Camoran lost to Motts, whereas Nagashima was able to defeat Motts. Is this an edge? Who knows, may just mean he was able to tap out Motts before Motts could do to him what he did to Camoran.

Blaze "These two fighters are almost identical in skills, with the only advantage goin to Nagashima in his MT training, and it's a pretty sizable advantage on paper. So when I have to make my pick, and both of these guys have hit a rocky patch in their careers right now, I have to look at things outside of fight history. Both of these fighters are managed by very good managers, both are very well trained, both have a very similar record and over the same opponents. This fight is one that seems as if it's been in the makings for a while. So when I see the MT edge for Antonio, that has to be the deciding factor for me."

Prediction: Antonio Nagashima wins via TKO in round 2.

Undercards:

Matthaus Gold (9-3) vs Jason Mendoza (6-1) Super Heavyweight

Gold will be looking to bounce back from a brutal loss to Ken Jiro, Mendoza will be looking to improve his win streak as he tears through the HFC. Mendoze is looking to solidify himself as a contender, while Gold will be looking to hold on to his chance to stay in contention. We're running out of time, so I will hand off most of the commentation over to you, Harley. I have a few things to say about a couple of these cards, but go ahead and lead the way for the rest of these fights.

http://mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/15897320126752.png

Harley Blaze

Blaze "Don't mind if I do, J.W. This is one of those fights where despite Mendoza's recent domination, I would probably have picked the experience of Gold. But Gold is under new management and his morale is not the best after his loss to Ken Jiro. So I have to go with Mendoza continuing his recent tear through the division with another impressive KO."

Prediction: Mendoza wins via KO in round 1.

Don Piano (6-2) vs Tuomas Jukola (4-2) Heavyweight

Blaze "Mr. Piano, I have predicted you correctly, but you've decided you didn't want to let the fight make it to round two. So I will take your advice this time around. Jukola is a dangerous striker, but one of his greatest assets is his takedown defense. I highly doubt Piano will be looking for a takedown, so I'm going to pick Piano's large advantage in his MT training over Jukola's slight edge in boxing and give the KO prediction. But instead of round two (which I still think this one goes to) I'll go ahead and pick a round 1 finish.

Prediction: Piano wins via TKO in round 1.

Ed Ford (4-2) vs Juodasis Vaiduoklis (4-1) Lightweight

What a fight! This fight could easily be on a main card if these guys were just a little more well known. Two great managers with two great fighters going at it! Ford is a great striker with a legit ground game, more defensive, I'm sure. He has earned a KO otN awards already with an impressive 1 minute TKO victory. Since being picked up by Andy Down and put on a new training regime, he's impressed the HFC with back to back wins over Morales and Sandoval. Now, he will be looking for another KO victory over Vaiduoklis tonight.

Vaiduoklis is another excellent striker who's also earned a KO otN as well as a FotN award in his young career. Giving up a very slight edge in his MT skills to Ford, Vaiduoklis has shown that he's every bit the KO artist of Ford, and tonight will be his chance to prove it. With a beautiful Head Kick KO and Superman Punch KO under his belt, this flashy finisher managed by the smooth talking Esiah Xavier will be looking to add another highlight reel to his already impressive showcase of finishes worthy of ESPN.

Blaze "What a fight, indeed! This fight could go either way, truly. I don't expect a quick finish here, even though both of these guys are more than capable of a quick ending to this fight. When you have two guys with this good of a striking game, it sometimes leads to a longer fight until one can crack the other's defense. I don't expect a decision, but I also don't see a 1st round KO."

Prediction: Ford wins via KO late round 2.

http://mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/15750734393923.jpg

Ed Ford

"Don't worry boss, I got the prediction tomorrow - another first round KO for my 22nd birthday weekend"

Raimo Peltonen (3-2) vs Samson Komua (2-1) Middleweight

Blaze "These two fighters have a lot of skill, the ability to KO, both prefer to stand and bang. Raimo has the edge in his boxing, but gives up the same edge in MT. Peltonen is the more experienced fighter, so I will look at the managers to make my pick in this one. "Koa" is managed by Bwang Jong Sr, who has been one of the best for quite a while."

Prediction: "Koa" Komua wins via decision.

John Smith (3-1) -111 vs Dre Battle (2-1) -167 Middleweight

Blaze "John Smith is a very good striker, but more of a tactical fighter using the judging system to achieve the majority of his victories. Dre is a very good striker as well, but I think he just loves to beat the hell out of people. He's a thug, so to speak, and nobody enjoys standing on the other side of him. These two fighters are very, very good, and will be a steady draw on main cards in their future, which makes this fight as important for them as many of the contender fights. I'm going to give the nod to Dre Battle due to his ability to finish, and the backing of a very experienced manager who knows how to call a fight. This will be a great fight, mark my words."

Prediction: Dre Battle via TKO round 3.

Lauri Jukola (1-1) -106 vs Dante Black (1-3) -174 Middleweight

Blaze "Both fighters coming off a loss, both just biding for a spot on the roster, this fight will mean the world to each of these guys. Black lost a war with Dre Battle in his last fight, while Jukola was tapped out early on by Graves in his last outing. Neither of these men have turned it on or impressed, but each are capable of doing so tonight. Black will be fighting to save his career, while Jukola works to establish his name.

As for picking a winner, this one is is easy for me. Jukola has a chance, don't get me wrong, but I'm not even stoned yet and I have to pick Black to win. Black has a huge advantage in his MT and gives up no real advantage anywhere else. He's more experienced in some larger fights, and despite his 1-3 record, he's faced some solid fighters and put on some solid performances. But to top it off, though both fighters have good managers, Black is backed by Action Jackson, a very experienced top 50 ranked manager to go along with that skill set advantage."

Prediction: Dante Black wins via KO (Punch) in round 1.

• Upvote 4

http://mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/15775200325793.jpg

Juodasis Vaiduoklis

"Ed Ford, I give you a world of credit. Despite my arduous training and respectable abilities in the cage, you turned my lights out in just over a minute. It seems your prognostication ability equals your incredible knockout power. I've taken some pretty damn hard shots but nothing like that. Respect to you and I have no qualms admitting the better man won. Am I embarrassed? Yes, I am. All of that rigorous preparation was flushed quickly and that does not sit well with me. I will deal with this loss as I see fit and I will either refocus and train like a man who wants to make a name for himself in this organization and industry, or I can cry, bitch and moan like so many others and curl up in a ball and lament for my mother. Anyone that knows me knows the second option is nonexistent. I can accept being knocked the hell out. It happens. I've laid waste to others so turnabout is fair play. So be it. My jaw is hurting but my confidence is not, and neither is my integrity. Best of luck to you, Ed Ford, with your incredible power, and for me, we shall see what transpires."

• Upvote 2

HFC 31 - Tai Kung vs Yazzie Motts vs Ferreria
Event Preview
J.W. Hardman with Blaze's picks.
Welcome to HFC 31 - Motts vs Ferreria! Yes, Motts vs Ferreria, not Tai Kung vs Yazzie. It's a very sad moment, but our champ has gone MIA, a common theme as we deal with this pandemic around the world. Unfortunately, the name of the event wasn't changed due to waiting until the last moment in hopes to see Tai Kung back to defend his newly acquired belt. But despite the loss of that fight, this is still a loaded card stacked with talent. We have some very significant fights coming up, a championship bout, several contender bouts, and some fights between less experienced fighters who have shown they may be diamonds in the rough and ready to burst onto the scene!
So lets jump right into the action and break down a few of these fights and get Harley's picks on them!
Don Piano (6-2) vs Tuomas Jukola (4-2) Heavyweight
Blaze "Mr. Piano, I have predicted you correctly, but you've decided you didn't want to let the fight make it to round two. So I will take your advice this time around. Jukola is a dangerous striker, but one of his greatest assets is his takedown defense. I highly doubt Piano will be looking for a takedown, so I'm going to pick Piano's large advantage in his MT training over Jukola's slight edge in boxing and give the KO prediction. But instead of round two (which I still think this one goes to) I'll go ahead and pick a round 1 finish.
Prediction: Piano wins via TKO in round 1.

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/15784512041632.gif

"You said it man, nobody fucks with the Don. They call me MISTER FIRST ROUNDER"

• Upvote 3

HFC 32 - Red Eagle vs Slugs
http://mmatycoon.com/images/posters/1595982353Eagle%20vs%20Slugs.jpg
Event Preview
01 Aug 2020
New York Credit Card Center
Main Cards:
Chief Red Eagle (17-3) vs Doug Slugs (10-2)
Main Event
Super Heavy Weight
One of the most popular fighters in the HFC, Red Eagle comes into this main event looking to bounce back from a devastating loss to Gregory Motts in his last outing. Now under the new management of Cherokee Nation, the fighter formerly known as Jiro will be putting his striking skills on display against another HFC fan favorite, Doug Slugs.
Slugs is just one of those guys you like to see win. He puts in the work, goes about his business, and is a consistent winner every day. He lost his HFC championship belt on his 3rd title defense against current champ Wanker back at HFC KO 5. He bounced back in a Large way when he won over Mr Large in his last fight at HFC 28.
Blaze
"Red Cloud is one of the most lethal strikers in 350k right now. His 17 wins, all via KO/TKO say enough about his game to back that up. He was a champ on the island, a champ in F&B, but so far in HFC, he's been unable to capture the gold. Slugs was an HFC champion. He defended his belt 3 times, losing the last to Wanker. Doug just hangs around, he's a very solid fighter, pretty well rounded, just doesn't have any skills that really pop out at you, but don't by any means think that doesn't mean he can't knock you out. Slugs is the real deal, and this fight is going to end with one of these men on the ground, probably bleeding and most definitely snoozing."
Prediction: Red Cloud wins via KO round 1.
Gervais Lavigne (9-1) vs Alan Ragasatria (9-4)
Co-Main Event
Bantamweight Title Bout
And ladies and gentlemen, the HFC Bantamweight Championship of the world! Our champion, Gervais Lavigne, will be defending his belt for the first time after winning the gold back at HFC 25 against Chad Repine. In his first defense, stands the challenger, Alan Ragasatria. Ragasatria is coming off back to back wins against Ryokale and De Oliveira, and has been very hard to deal with when he gets the fight on the ground.
Our champ is well rounded, but known by any who watch HFC, Madness, or have heard of the sport of MMA, is that Lavigne loves to hit, and loves to hit hard. With nearly all of his wins ending in the first round, Lavigne will be looking to make quick work of Ragasatria and wait for the challengers to trip over themselves for a shot at his prize.
Ragasatria, though riding a two fight win streak, is sitting surprisingly low in the morale department. This could play a huge part in this fight, and being a title shot, you would think he'd be riding an all time high. Something seems amiss over at the Sudarso camp, but maybe it's just a tactic to get the champ to let his guard down? Alan is a magician on the ground with his brown belt BJJ and 9 submission victories to show for it, but he doesn't even come close to the champs striking prowess.
Blaze
"Are you shitting me? Is this a sick joke? This is a title fight, this is the fight that you've worked your ass off your whole career for and you're going to come in with some dirty ass clothes and a low morale? If these guys were both at prime fight readiness, I'd say Ragasatria had a chance if he could get Lavigne down, but I think this is an easy win for Lavigne."
Prediction: And Still!!!!!! Lavigne wins via KO (Punch) round 1.
Aatreya Mahrishi (5-2) vs Xmus Jaxon Flaxon Waxon (8-4)
Light Heavyweight Tournament Bout (Winner vs Vanorden)
Mahrishi had been on an absolute tear through the 205 until he took on Kahn, former Madness champ who signed on with Syn after the HFC merger. Kahn is a beast, so don't let that blemish sway you from the fact that Mahrishi is a beast with a great manager and this man has no doubt in his mind that he's winning this tournament and claiming the HFC gold. With his exceptional striking and well trained ground defense, Mahrishi is ready to burst onto the scene and dominate.
If JFW had his say in all of that mess, he'd probably tell Mahrishi to go pluck himself and his striking skills, but he doesn't.. JFW will enter this fight as the underdog and will need to get this fight to the ground to do any real damage. If he can get Mahrishi down and mounted, there's a chance JFW sends Mahrishi packing and advances.
Blaze
"Man, I have been watching Mahrishi since I caught wind that he was taking a fight against Kahn in a fight promoted by Syn. It's not all that often you see 350k fighters on that stage, and not often you see a champ call out a prospect from another org. More fans are starting to recognize Aatreya Mahrishi, and I think this fight will turn a lot of heads."
Prediction: Mahrishi wins via TKO round 2
Mystic Marley (9-3) vs Chad Repine (8-4)
Bantamweight Bout
Marley has been on a bit of a roller coaster of a career. He had the fast flashy start out of the gate with 6 strait wins in the QFC, but has been unable to win, or lose, two consecutive fights since. He will be looking to snap that streak in this one as he hopes to avenge his loss against then champion Chad Repine. Most likely, this streak continues and that's why his morale is sitting at about 65%...
Chad Repine; some love him, some hate him, but this man loves one thing... fighting! He's been at or near the top of the HFC rankings for the majority of his HFC career. Losing his HFC debut back at HFC 5 against then champ Garbrandt. (Blast from the past) Since that fight, he popped off three in a row winning, and defending the HFC Bantamweight championship until recently losing it to current champ Gervais Lavigne.
Blaze
"Man, Repine is the HFC's guy. I don't think he's ever backed down from a fight, he's taken some on short notice, that dude loves to throw down, plain and simple. And let me tell you what, he can part too! That's already two reasons for me to want him to win. But when I look at these two fighters, I see an advantage in just about every place I look for Repine. His BJJ would give Marley a very, very *cough* VERY slight edge on the ground, but standing it's not even close."
Prediction: Repine wins via TKO round 1.
http://mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/15897320126752.png
"Hardcore" Harley Blaze
Undercard:
Harry Olsen (9-4) vs Sabotage Rex (6-2)
Middleweight Bout
Blaze "Harry - Pussy Melter... what's not to love about this showdown? I mean, c'mon, these names were meant for each other! Okay, okay, whatever, take a hit of this and you'll think it's funny shit too. Two talented, well rounded fighters squaring off. Harry has the edge on the ground, while "Pussy Melter" has the edge standing, and expect this fight to stay standing unless someone gets put down at the end of a fist."
Prediction: Olsen wins via TKO in round 1.
Daniel Barbosa (8-5) vs Juan Corona (6-2)
Featherweight Bout
Blaze "WTF happened to Daniel Barbosa? This man was so dominant early on that nobody wanted to fight him for the belt. He sat for 2 months at a time awaiting an opponent as the champion, but then.. he hit a wall. The wall named Jewel Diaz. After his loss, and the title loss, Diaz jumped ship and allowed Barbosa to quickly reclaim his lost title. But after a few defenses, he lost again to Carvaleho and has continued to lose since. His confidence is high that he can turn this ship around under new management, but don't expect it to happen here tonight against Corona. Corona has the skills to hang with Barbosa and is also coming off a loss, but if I know Kristus, he'll have his boy ready to go in a big way."
Prediction: Corona wins via submission round 2.
Jean Lucroy (9-2) vs Ragnar Ragnarsson (10-5)
Light Heavyweight Bout
Blaze "These two guys should be fighting on main cards, but each have slipped a bit of late and their rankings and fans have shown it. Lucroy has all the talent in the world, but after leaving the Island, he's struggled with a 2-2 record under the management of Jose Aldo. An excellent grappler, he'll be looking to pounce on the viking Ragnarsson to get back to his winning ways. But, that won't happen. Ragnar will be looking to finish this fight early, and I'm calling for a 1st round TKO."
Prediction: Ragnarsson wins via TKO round 1.
Kai Kona (4-3) vs Arnao Vanegas (5-2)
Lightweight Bout
Blaze "I kind of want to just skip this fight. I do not want to pick a winner here, because it could go either way. Any edge one fighter has, the other makes up for it. Even down to management, these guys are ready to collide and it should be a war! Everything has this fight standing, but Kona has his largest advantage in his BJJ game. I'll go out on a limb here, waaaay out there.. I still stand split on this fight as 50/50, but I'll make my pick based on a hunch that Kona takes advantage of his ground game and tries to finish this fight"
Prediction: Kona wins via submission in round 3.
Jore Maki (3-1) vs Li Qiang (9-5)
Super Heavyweight Bout
Blaze "A good boxer against a good pure striker. A new guy versus a vet. Two big men with big ambitions, each coming off a win. I look these guys over and I see a very even fight. I think this fight truly comes down to managers and their tactics. Qiang is the better boxer, but not by a lot, where Maki is a far superior KT specialist. Each fighter are about even on the ground, so I do expect this to be decided standing. As much as I love me a good boxer, I'm not sure that Qiang will be able to defend Maki's attack. But if he gets a few big counters, Qiang can easily put Maki to sleep, but I'll stick to the KT and Maki here."
Prediction: Maki wins via TKO in round 2.
Jet Gunner (3-4) vs Anthony Rodgers (5-5)
Light Heavyweight Bout
Blaze "Gunner is a man ready to make a name for himself. His manager firmly believes in him, but the fans of HFC are not as keen on him based on past performances. He lost his last fight, his HFC debut against Jahouli, and will be tasked with a difficult opponent for this one. Anthony Rodgers was once a highlight reel, but for some reason, he's been through a few different managers and finds himself on a 5 fight losing streak. Just based on that, I'd have to give the nod to Gunner. Both fighters are very skilled and well rounded, but something needs to go off for Rodgers again, or his career may not be able to recover."
Prediction: Gunner wins via TKO round 2.
  • Upvote 3

135 Bantamweight Rankings
Champion:
1. Gervais Lavigne (9-1) WC 23
#1 Contender:
2. Alan Ragasatria (9-4) WC 47
3. Chad Repine (8-4) WC 55
4. Florisvaldo De Oliveira (5-2) WC 70
5. Mystic Marley (9-3) WC 77
6. Petchuanglek Sitsongrit (4-1) WC 86
7. Rhondon Rousey (6-4) WC 93
8. Forky Fork (4-3) WC 94
9. Kurt Clark (9-4) WC 132
10. Bjj Catch Wrestler (7-6) WC 156
11. Ruddo Ryokale (8-7) WC 161
12. Ade Absame (4-7) WC 204
145 Featherweight Rankings
Champion:
1. Marcello Soso (9-1-1) WC 54
#1 Contender:
2. DeShawn West (10-0) WC 29 (inactive)
3. Jewel Diaz (8-2-1) WC 99
4. Roberto Soldic (6-3) WC 116
5. Daniel Barbosa (8-5) WC 198
6. Kurt Wagner (4-2) WC 217
7. Nati Pisswater (4-2) WC 238
8. Juan Corona (6-2) WC 244
9. Bryan Fury (4-5) WC 313
10. Bilal Vinsson (4-3) WC 320
11. Colton Northwood (2-2) WC 377
12. Dale Holloway (6-5) WC 480
155 Lightweight Rankings
Champion:
1. Gorgon Patriot (8-3) WC 40
#1 Contender:
2. Olyn Seran (8-3) WC 66
3. Ed Ford (5-2) WC 102
4. Ryan Rodriguez (7-4) WC 106
5. Georges Moxely (7-3) WC 115
6. Bruce White Jr. (8-3) WC 141 (inactive)
7. Radoslav Petrov (6-3) WC 159 (inactive)
8. Arnao Vanegas (5-2) WC 165
9. Johnny Winkleman (5-0) WC 173
10. Kai Kona (4-3) WC 188
11. Wulfgang Bleak (6-4) WC 199
12. Nobuki Imanari (4-1) WC 207
13. Leon Hooker (8-8) WC 231
14. Shay O Donnelly (13-6-1) WC 241
15. Juodasis Vaiduoklis (4-2) WC 252
16. Hector Morales (6-4) WC 269
17. Miguel Sandoval (7-6) WC 311
18. James Bogger (8-8) WC 316
19. Fourth Test (2-1) WC 328
20. Marco Silva (7-4-1) WC 377
Gatekeepers:
GK1. Rafaelo Gracie (1-1) WC 599
170 Welterweight Rankings
Champion:
1. Manolito Tai Kung (12-1) WC 41 (inactive)
#1 Contender:
2. Vasil Petrov (9-1) WC 35 (inactive)
3. Luis Pinto (7-3) WC 68
4. Dyami Yazzie (8-3) WC 98
5. Slash Slingin (11-3) WC 108
6. Dixon Ulster (10-5) WC 111
7. Lucien Lachance (8-4) WC 145
8. Wesley Taurus (8-4) WC 150
9. Malcom King (5-1) WC 177
10. Boxing Mcsparr (6-3) WC 188
11. Sean Dickinson (7-4) WC 234
12. Wesley Clark (7-3) WC 253 (inactive)
13. Bob Saget (7-5) WC 256
14. Herlock Von Ryan (10-7) WC 257
15. Your Sweet Destruction (8-5) WC 317
16. Barnito Mustacho (5-3) WC 353
17. James Howlett (6-3) WC 355
18. John Bessant (11-7) WC 406
19. Aingot Nofud (4-4) WC 428
20. Primo Volta (7-4) WC 443
Goal Keepers:
GK1. Luke Valentine (3-2) WC 539
GK2. Vladimir Kosmanov (3-4) WC 591
Unranked:
Cadderly Bonaduce (2-3) WC 632

185 Middleweight Rankings
Champion:
1. Chip Nickel (8-2) 26 wc
#1 Contender:
2. Ademaro Dos Anjos (9-1) 52 wc
3. Hefty Jack (9-2) 75 wc (inactive)
4. Jason Carter (7-2) 81 wc (inactive)
5. Feaqeuin Bizihwaeile (11-5) 85 wc
6. Leon Lentz (10-2) 89 wc
7. Vernon Wells (10-3) 115 wc
8. Harry Olsen (9-4) 124 wc
9. Shamus Murphy (6-2) 143 wc
10. Sabatage Rex (6-2) 149 wc
11. Rooga Chooga (7-4) 166 wc
12. Daniel Yonic (8-3) 199 wc
13. Baruto Tonissaar (6-3) 215 wc
14. Raimo Peltonen (4-2) 223 wc
15. Chanthaphone Southanouvong (8-4) 243 wc
16. Konstantin Sogrin (7-3) 261 wc
17. Simeoni Jukola (6-3) 264 wc
18. Akhmedov Nurmagedov (4-1) 291 wc
19. Daaniel Teteny (5-2) 325 wc
20. Dre Battle (3-1) 339 wc
Gatekeepers:
GK1. Samson Komua (2-2) 341 wc
GK2. Dante Black (2-3) 424 wc
Unranked:
Jaska Lahti (2-4) 523 wc
Lauri Jukola (1-2) 596 wc
Samir Mourani (5-6) 626 wc
John Smith (3-2) 631 wc
205 Light Heavyweight Rankings
Champion: Vacant
1. Felix Silva (9-2) 42 wc (inactive) (vacating champ)
2. Ko Van Den Born (5-1) 83 wc
3. Bruce Vanorden (8-4) 89 wc
4. Ralph McGuire (7-2) 100 wc
5. Xmus Jaxon Flaxon Waxon (8-4) 109 wc
6. Aatreya Mahrishi (5-2) 125 wc
7. Joao Andrade (8-3-1) 133 wc
8. Dro Qanar (8-4) 170 wc
9. Jean Lucroy (9-2) 187 wc
10. Jaycen Solo (8-6) 197 wc (FA)
11. Maxim Jahouli (6-3) 205 wc
12. Juan De Souza (8-7) 207 wc
13. Dillon Van Barle (6-2) 217 wc
14. Yago Nascimento (5-1) 240 wc
15. Chris Travis (7-5) 259 wc
16. Kirill Semenov (7-5) 264 wc
17. Ragnar Ragnarsson (10-5) 317 wc
18. Rakeem Marley (5-4) 333 wc
19. Basko Godwin (3-3) 351 wc
20. Tom Tomson (2-3) 369 wc
Gatekeepers:
GK1. Jet Gunner (3-4) 423 wc
GK2. Kuuri Sando (3-7) 433 wc
Unranked:
Anthony Rodgers (5-5) 455 wc
Tashiro Sugawara (4-3) 482 wc
Miguel Duarte (1-2) 575 wc

265 Heavyweight Rankings
Champion:
1. Boris Krylov (9-2) 24 wc
#1 Contender:
2. Alex Ferreria (10-2) 37 wc
3. Demir Kocak (8-1) 51 wc
4. Gregory Motts (10-3) 64 wc
5. Peter Petersson (10-3) 96 wc (inactive)
6. Mankar Camoran (9-4) 117 wc
7. Don Piano (7-2) 119 wc
8. Bobby Minnagh (5-3) 128 wc
9. Leif Leifsson (9-2) 147 wc (inactive)
10. Viktor Babinski (5-3) 157 wc
11. Urtan Urtanson (8-7) 167 wc (inactive)
12. Nick Rodriguez (4-0) 168 wc
13. Tuomas Jukola (4-3) 199 wc
14. Antonio Nagashima (8-5) 226 wc
15. Whata Hitson (3-3) 236 wc
16. Sergey Telegin (3-2) 263 wc
17. Henri Kirchen (5-4) 266 wc
18. Johan Joestar (2-2) 267 wc
19. Jake Demuss (3-3) 319 wc
20. Jim Fox (5-6) 331 wc
Gatekeepers:
GK1. Juju Baraka (1-1) 437 wc
GK2. Tali Ihantala (0-2) 616 wc