Dana White close to deal with Private Island

Zello

Yeh I watched the interview on you tube, it's an awesome idea, bit like the film Enter the Dragon crossed with our own mma tycoon island tournament. If Dana White pulls this off, it could be the way forward during this crisis.

Commission doesn’t have any say on what happens on a reservation, I read.

Yeah I have heard same. I believe the UFC can regulate themselves when there is no commission in place, I am not sure if there is a commission for that reservation but if there is, they wont be able to sanction as all commissions have agreed to close down

I think the island deal is going to be a bust as Dana is saying that will be so they can get international fighters which isnt going to happen unless there is a big change globally. but who knows how it will play out with Tachi palace for US based fighters. I can see it becoming political although fake wrestling has been getting by so probably will work out

UFC 249 has been cancelled.

Dana White’s fight against the tide is over, and all UFC events have been postponed indefinitely.

Despite his insistence that the organisation could continue through the coronavirus pandemic, the decision was taken out of his hands by Disney and ESPN executives on Friday (AEST).

UFC 249 has been cancelled.

Dana White’s fight against the tide is over, and all UFC events have been postponed indefinitely.

Despite his insistence that the organisation could continue through the coronavirus pandemic, the decision was taken out of his hands by Disney and ESPN executives on Friday (AEST).

That mouse runs everything man.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

I heard Ferguson plans to fight Justin?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmq_sEah_i4

Cormier talks about it yesterday on ESPN. I agree with Cormier on this, i think that is a risky fight for Ferguson, if he loses it will kill off most the hype of an eventual fight with Khabib (not to mention that Ferguson will need to get a win elsewhere before that fight happens).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UFC_249_(May_9,_2020_event)

https://www.bjpenn.com/mma-news/ufc/tony-ferguson-vs-justin-gaethje-fight-card-set-for-may-9-will-be-called-ufc-249/

So yea it is supposedly happening in Florida. But if Florida see's a spike from opening beaches, or we see a general spike across the United States due to protest, then it might get postponed again.

Also didn't Ferg already cut weight? Is he cutting again? That can't be good for him.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

they came out on UFC.com and said in July they will have four events on the Fight Island, which is Yas Island in Abu Dhabi. Theyre doing like they did in Jax and having four events in a week.