Mike Tyson vs Muhammad Ali

bjornmma1

Tyson in his prime was the best ever hands down. Unstoppable.

Klitschko Who?

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Tyson in his prime was the best ever hands down. Unstoppable.

Klitschko Who?

i disagree i think ali would win -- tyson was a massive force but tyson never faced any strong competition in his prime -- spinks was only one and he wasnt much of a fighter -- i always thought holyfield had what was needed to beat tyson and he did twice easily -- now neither tyson or holyfield were in their prime but i think same thing would of happened in their prime -- i actually think ali would of ko'ed tyson in later rounds like he did with foreman and like holyfield did

klitschko's are joke -- while he is champ there is no one worth a crap as hw expect washed up old fighters

what most people don't think of if they hear the name 'MIke Tyson' is his incredible defense. They guys his ability to slip punches is amazing! His counterpunching was also very good. + look at his power and speed... His is the most intimidating boxer to have ever lived and he was rather short for a heavyweight.

• Upvote 2

When Atlas had Tyson his defence was incredible, but Tyson was finished before the Douglas fight, and that was 1990. He had the ability to get in close against the 6ft 5 guys, and bang them up, his chin was granite too.

It was rare once he left Atlas that he was real shape, and he went 10 rounds with Buster Douglas, eating piston jabs and right hands for fun.

The thing with Tyson, and you can only appreciate it if you were watching him as an undefeated world champ 'in the present' and not watching tapes, was that he was considered terrifying and mentally destroyed opponents, no matter how big and bad they were, would be broken before they fought.

I believe a 19 year old, IMO peak Tyson gets inside the Klitchkos and gets it done. Any later version loses.

As for Ali, the version that fought Henry Cooper, he wouldn't have been scared of Tyson, and I think Tyson could have took him out.

The Ali of the mid 70's, tactically he was excellent so that version would have done a Foreman, maybe, but Ali had all kinds of trouble with Joe Frazier.

Frazier was 5ft 11 like Tyson, and the big guys aren't sparring with short guys in general, and jabbing down can leave that chin out.

• Upvote 2

I feel like this thread was eventually going to pull ScoobyAli into it. Im similar to Steel, Iron Mike was amazing but i dont know that he could deal with Ali, he had problems with tall technical guys who could use their range and Ali was elusive. Since joe frazier was mentioned,they fought 3 times, Ali won 2 of those fights. Joe beat Ali in round 12, lost to Ali in 15 and 14. How many wins does Mike have at 12 rounds or longer? My point, Ali had heart and was able to get more effective as the night goes on. I think The Greatest beats The baddest man on the planet, but Iron Mike was STILL great. If only that young girl didnt show up at his hotel room half naked at 3am thinking they were gonna play checkers.

Klitscho??? Nominee for stupidest post of the year....

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Why you guys dont like Klichkos? They are the most dominant boxers in last decade and as you all know sport only goes up not down the athletes that are now are much better than before 20-30 years and that says much about these two that they can dominated for that 10 years the HW division. Look at the they are like the lest hit HW boxer of all time. They have the best distance they use their jab like no other fighter has ever done. They would easily take a decision on both of these guys.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

The Klichkos.

The problem is lack of competition, Vitali is granite chinned, but physically he can break, he has suffered serious injuries and long lay offs. How he would have faired being popped with the Ali jab all night, who knows, but given the abysmal level of competition we will never know.

Ali would risk his health to stay in a fight, Vitali would pull out and value his health because he is a bright lad, and will think long term.

So Ali takes him into deep water, who do you put your car keys on.....Ali.

Vlad - great boxer, crap opposition and some shocking KO losses. His chin isn't good. He would have caused Ali more problems IMO. I think peak 19 year old Tyson, gets inside and rips his head off.

I feel like this thread was eventually going to pull ScoobyAli into it. Im similar to Steel, Iron Mike was amazing but i dont know that he could deal with Ali, he had problems with tall technical guys who could use their range and Ali was elusive. Since joe frazier was mentioned,they fought 3 times, Ali won 2 of those fights. Joe beat Ali in round 12, lost to Ali in 15 and 14. How many wins does Mike have at 12 rounds or longer? My point, Ali had heart and was able to get more effective as the night goes on. I think The Greatest beats The baddest man on the planet, but Iron Mike was STILL great. If only that young girl didnt show up at his hotel room half naked at 3am thinking they were gonna play checkers.

Klitscho??? Nominee for stupidest post of the year....

In my opinion , Ali would showboat like he did in a lot of fights by hanging in the ropes and let the other guy try to punch him. Do that with Tyson and you wake up in hospital....

His combination of amazing power and speed is one of the craziest things i have ever seen.

• Upvote 1

My whole family would stay up until 3/4 in the morning for the Tyson fights, even my mother.

His ring entrance was electric.

No one could conceive at that time that he could be beaten, that was the aura.

Does anyone remember Evander Holyfield ring entrance against Smokin Bert Cooper - that was awesome? Cooper almost shocked the world too, until he gassed out.

• Upvote 1

I think it depends on what points of their careers they fight at, Older Ali loses badly to young Tyson. Just look at what Holmes did to Ali and then what Tyson did to Holmes. I think Clay vs Young Tyson would have been an epic fight. I dont think Clay would have the power to stop Tyson, but Clay probably could out work him from the outside. But Clay/Ali never fought a power puncher with the speed and defense of Tyson. Ali had a hard time with Frazier in the first fight but I think Frazier was WAY tougher that Tyson, but also Tyson is WAY WAY faster and had much better defense. In the end it comes down to whether or not young tyson could deal with a tough fight

I hate to be horribly critical on Tyson because im a fan of his.... but WHO has he beaten in his career? Every big fight he had, he lost

There are big fights for a reason same as in MMA. Look at UFC who has Anderson won and who has Jon Jones won? If Jones was 3 years older all these guys on his list would also never be who they are now.

http://cdn1.sbnation.com/imported_assets/1590113/1.gif

I think this will solve the question: When I would play Fight Night: Champion, I could always beat Tyson pretty easy with Ali but I had a really hard time beating Ali with Tyson. And the reason for this is the reach of Ali. I think with two evenly match guys, reach becomes a huge factor

This is what I am trying to say. This is the reason Klichko brothers would take to decision any of these guys.

http://cdn1.vox-cdn.com/assets/4365205/Wladimir_Klitschko_vs._Alex_Leapai.gif

ImMO, Ali would give Tyson massive trouble using his reach and lightning quick jab. I havent seen boxing in the last 10 years or so so not too sure about the Klitschko's but know they use range very well, which can give Tyson problems. And depending on which Ali showed up to fight, he would still beat them both